Other Car Seats:

Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat

Pros

Cons

• Support and Safety:

Love the Evenflo Triumph Advance LX!

We bought our first Evenflo Triumph Advance LX about four-and-a-half years ago.  At the time, it had the highest rear-facing limit on the market (if I recall correctly), and it was within our budget.  After a car accident, we destroyed that seat, and replaced it with another.  We are now on our third child using a Triumph.

I have always loved using this seat.  All of our children have been very comfortable in it.  Our six-month-old *hates* the car, but she has been much happier in the Triumph than she was in her infant seat.

For me, it has always been a breeze to install.  The first one we owned had smaller holes where the seatbelt goes through to be installed rear facing, but that was thankfully improved by the time we bought our second Triumph, and now the holes are plenty big enough for my husband's hands to fit through.  I find the seat easy to get snug, which I can't say about every car seat we've owned.

I have never used a seat with a harness that is easier to tighten than this seat.  I love that you just have to turn the knob on the side of the seat; no straps to pull or adjust, just a little turn on the side.  I think it's great, and I wish all of the car seats we own were like this!

I don't know if we'll buy another one of these in the future, but that is only because the Sunshine Kids Radian is now on the market with a considerably higher rear-facing limit.  If the Triumph is released in a few years with a higher rear-facing limit, I'd buy one in a heartbeat!

Safe seat but very bulky

We chose the Evenflo Triumph Advance because at the time, it was the only seat I could find with a higher weight limit. My kids are taller and heavier than average.Read complete review

Pros:

Easy to adjust! THe straps slide up and down, you don't have to take the whole seat apart to move the straps up or down as the child grows. This is a huge selling point. It's also easy to loosen and tighten the straps. To loosen: hold down the button and tug on the straps. To tighten: twist the tightening button. It's that easy.

Fifty pound weight limit. This is a huge selling point for me. Most of the other car seats in this price range have only a 40 pound limit. I believe that kids belong in a five point harness until age 6 and most other reasonably priced seats only have a 40 pound limit. My 3 year old is almost 40 pounds and 3 year olds are not ready for a booster seat, so this means you end up having to buy a new seat. In other words, this seat is more for your money.

Cons:

It's big and bukly. The base is huge. THis seat can be used forward and rare facing which is why it has the big base. Other high weight limit seats have a low profile and look more like booster seats but the Evenflo Triumph Advance looks like a car seat and takes up space like one, too.

Eveflo Toddler Seat

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat:

I love my Evenflo car seat and so does my daughter. This seat is a bit large but it is very comfortable for her to sit in, especially for long trips. We have taken four cross country road trips and an eight hour flight overseas with her using this seat and she did remarkable on every single trip in this seat. It is secured to the vehicle using three latches. One attaching to an anchor in the car on each side of the seat and (in our vehicle) one towards the top back to the back of the second row seating. It also secures with the seat belt running it behind all the padding and in front on the seat. We have leather seating in our truck and the seat has not had any effect of the leather at all as far as scratches or indentations. The seat has a reclining option, but can not really be used when facing forward. The way to tighten and loosen the restraints is pretty simple by turning a knob at the bottom front of the seat. The cover is removable and washer safe. The shoulder height of the seat belt can be adjusted as the child grows taller. Overall, great seat.

• Support and Safety:

Easy to install, quick to use

from New London, WI

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat:

We have 2 of these, one for each twin, works nice because they adjust easily to fit whichever takes that seat. Have not had any issues with the adjustments breaking even though they are lighter plastic they are durable

Ease of Installation
We swap these between a Nissan Sentra and Toyota Sienna within a minute or so, very quick and easy to install.

Child's Comfort
Girls often ride in these seats for up to 4 hours at a time and they don't seem to have any problems staying comfortable

Tightening system is awesome

• Support and Safety:

The Triumph is soft and comfortable!

from Aston, PA

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat:

We bought the Evenflo Triumph when my son outgrew his infant car seat and he's 3 years old now and still loving it! It's not only versatile in that it can be rear-facing and then forward-facing, but it can also recline or sit up, depending on if your toddler is sleeping or not. It is so soft and comfortable that my son never complains when he's in it. There's a lot of cushion around him which makes me feel like he's super safe! The belt is easy to turn and adjust, although I sometimes have a hard time getting the top of the belt to be tight enough on him because he's so skinny. A lot of parents rush to put there children in booster seats at age 3, but they aren't recommended until age 4 and 40 lbs. My son isn't even 30 lbs at age 3 so he still has a long way to go and can get more use out of this seat. I don't even know why you'd want to switch to a booster seat so soon when this seat is like a little sofa in itself! It is so much more affordable to buy this seat to last a few years than a different car seat every year. On another plus side, even though the material is so soft, it's still pretty easy to clean. My son gets car sick so we learned the hard way, but it made our lives easier to find out that it cleans nicely.

Ease of Installation
We've never taken it out since it's been installed! My son's 4 now and still fits great in it! He's only 35 lbs so he's not ready for another seat yet.

Child's Comfort
My 4 year old still loves his seat, but sometimes complains about his neck after sleeping in it.

Support and Safety
Still seems very supportive and safe. We haven't been in an accident to tell.

Very simple - sometimes you will need to adjust the belt, which I found to be tricky but my husband gets it.

Very stylish yet soft looking.

This seat has lasted us almost 3 years now!

Evenflo Triumph Advance is easy to use and install

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat:

I had gotten this car seat for my son when he turned one and was big enough to be in a seat that faced forward and wish i would have had gotten even sooner to use as a rear facing seat. i love the knob that allows me to loosen and tighten down the seat belt easily. i love the easy to use harness system, i have the latch system in my SUV and i love the security of using the clamps and the top belt locks in well behind my seat and is easily unlatched when needing to remove the seat as well. the seat covering is easy to take off and cleans up very easily in the washing machine and then just needs to be hung up to dry. The only cons to this car seat is that it is large and bulky but I really don't think that you will find a safe and realiable car seat that is not a little bulky and I use this primarily in my SUV so there is plenty of room on either side of it for other passengers, i plan on using an infant seat next to it for our second child as there seems to be plenty of room. Love it and would buy another!

• Support and Safety:

Love the Evenflo Triumph Advance LX!

from Corona, CA

• Support and Safety:

Great seat for safety. Love Evenflo!

from Dickson, TN

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat:

After doing a LOT of research, we bought this Evenflo carseat for my daughter when she turned 1 and was ready to step up from her Graco Snugride. Best purchase we have made!

We decided on the Triumph Advance because it fit within our budget (with just a little stretching) and we felt it was safe and easy to use. We were correct!

The best part about this seat is how easy it is to adjust the straps. This makes it safer for our daughter because sometimes carseats fail from user misuse instead of something wrong with the carseat. The shoulder straps move up and down by just sliding them; no relacing the straps through different holes. The straps can also be tightened or loosened by a dial on the side, which makes it super easy to adjust. I normally find myself tweaking the dial almost everytime we put her in. The easy adjusting straps are also great when the weather changes. Some of my daughter's coats are puffier than others and I can guarantee that I get a good fit every time she sits in the seat.

She has never complained about comfort at all with this seat, though as her legs get longer I can see her becoming uncomfortable since they will hang off farther. I would expect that is how it is with all carseats though.

The ONLY disadvantage to this carseat is that it is HUGE. We have a Dodge Durango, and it is so wide that when two people sit in the back with her they are rather squished. It doesn't bother us too much because she is an only child, but if you have several carseats to fit I could see it being a problem (or if you were in a compact car).

All in all, we LOVE this carseat and we will be buying another for our second child!

We have continued to use this seat for my son. It is holding up great and is still supe easy to use!

The best carseat around!

from Monroe, NC

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat:

We got these car seats for our twin boys when they turned a year old. They were the BEST things out there. We didn't have the money to spend on the top rated Britax car seats - since we needed 2. So the Evenflo Triumph was another top rated car seat. It has exceeded my expectations. It is easy to adjust, easy to clean, and easy enough to install. They are very plush and roomy for the kids. My kids are now 3 and still fit very well in them. The only downfall to these is that they are wide. I drive a Saturn Outlook SUV and they fit well in the 2nd row BUT it is a tight squeeze for anyone to sit in between the seats. Therefore, if I were transporting a 3rd child, they would not be able to fit on the same row as the others.

Great Carseat!

from Aurora, CO

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat:

We have been using this for my daughter since she was 9 months old and we love it. It handles well, it fits well, and it reclines great. It does only go up to 35 pds rearface, but I think that is pretty good, it was not overly expensive. I love that the straps are so easy to tighten and loosen on the sides. I love it and so does my daughter.

Great Seat!

from Bryan, OH

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat:

We purchased this car seat for our daughter when she was too big for her infant carrier. We absolutely love this seat! It is a very comfortable seat and sits her up high so that she can see out the windows. We love the easily adjustable strap mechanism that allows you to adjust the harness by simply turning a knob on the side of the seat. We also like the multiple reclining positions. We did not use this seat in a rear facing mode, so cannot speak to how it works in that setting. However, forward facing, we have been very pleased. We love the removable padding that makes washing the seat very easy. The only downside to the seat that we have had is that it is very bulky and very heavy, so it is difficult to take in and out of the vehicle. It is also very large and difficult to travel with.

New Evenflo Triumph is even better than the earlier model!

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat:

We have two Evenflo Triumph car seats that we purchased in early 2009 for my older daughter, and liked them so much that we decided on the same car seats for our younger daughter! A couple things were different with the newer model- the seats come with the head rest and padded seat installed. It also comes with the cup holder already installed- which was nice, because you take them out of the box and they are ready to go.

The biggest difference is that the straps do not twist like they did on the old car seat. I was always having to untwist the buckles and straighten the straps on our older model and this one does not have the same issue.

We love the car seats, but whats more important is that our kids love them! The sleep in them easily, can see out the windows.

Pros- easy install with the latch system, comfortable for kids, straps do not twist, can be used rear or forward facing.

Cons, BIG!! (Im willing to sacrifice space for my kids comfort!)