3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

Inexpensive, yet effective.

When registering for baby, I knew I would want a carrier for various reasons, and this one was by far one of the cheapest on the market!  We were able to use it at only ten days old for a relative's wedding.  Hubby wore it, with baby girl at his chest, and we danced the night away.  I have also used it to get things done around the house when she is awake and just wants to be held.  Although, she doesn't stay awake long!  Sitting so close to our chest, she drifts right off to sleep.I find the large number of buckles to be a bit cumbersome and can make the process of putting the Snugli on a difficult one if she gets squirmy, and also a bit longer than I would like it to be.Overall, for the price, this baby carrier is very much worth it!

UPDATE:  At seven months, Hubby is pulling out the Snugli even more often!  He'd much rather tote her around in the Snugli when shopping or at an outdoor event than using our umbrella stroller (which he has to stoop to push) or carrying her in his arms (she can get heavy).  So, still worth it!

Only used it a couple times.

I purchased this product hoping to be able to take my daughter with me while freeing up my hands.  When she was smaller and rode in it facing towards me, it worked better, but I thought that the leg holes cut into her legs, no matter how I adjusted it.  When she got bigger and started to ride in it facing out, it seemed to get more uncomfortable for her - the way her arms were restriced she just seemed stuck, plus the leg holes were still cutting into her legs (not literally cutting, but leaving marks).  It was uncomfortable on my back too, no matter how high or low I tried it.  While it's a handy thing to have, I just wouldn't recommend it, both for mom's comfort and for baby's.  Maybe something with a different design would work better.

Snugli Carrier - love it.

from Brooklyn, IA

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

I used this carrier with my first daughter and plan on using it with my next one on the way. We have it in the khaki color - so it works for both mom and dad. I really have zero complaints about this carrier, so I'll go through its best points.

It is totally adjustable for both mom and dad. If mom is really petite, just knot the extra buckles behind your back - that way they aren't hanging too low. It can be used to face baby away or towards mom. It has a great little storage pocket if you just want to throw in your phone and keys to go for a walk. It washes very well in the washing machine, just hang or lie flat to dry.

It is super durable. I used it for nearly a year with my first, then several months with a friend's baby while I watched her, and it hasn't lost a stitch. I've washed it numerous times too. I'm sure it will last through the next baby too.

Best of all is its price. Don't waste a ton of cash on the pricey brands.

Not worth the pain - Get an ERGO instead!

from Edmond, OK

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

This snugli hurts my back and shoulders within walking a couple of blocks.  I have every type of carrier imaginable and this is my LEAST favorite!  I received this as a gift, but I would never have personally purchased it!

This is not the carrier to get

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

The Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Soft Carrier is cheap and easily available at stores. However, it is a very uncomfortable carrier for parent/caretaker and child.  The chlid is dangling from the carrier by the crouch rather than sitting  comfortably.  This is not good for a child's hips if used often enough.  The straps dug into my shoulders and caused pain especially when my child started gaining weight.  Once around 10 or so pounds it is just too uncomfortable to wear this carrier.  The carrier sits on your shoulders and that is where all the weight is.  Getting the carrier on is not easy, but not terribly hard.  It is more awkward to get the child in there.

There are much better carriers out there. They are more expensive, but well worth the money.  I regret wearing my first child in this carrier and it did not give me long term use.  However, with my second child I becames aware of all the other brands of carriers out there and still wear my now 15 month old / 23 pounder comfortably.

I do not recommend this carrier.

Get an Ergo or Moby wrap.

from Chattanooga, TN

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

We received one of these Snuglis from a friend when she received a "nicer" baby carrier.  Right off the bat, I prefered my Moby wrap.  The straps dig into you and it just feels like you are wearing a poorly designed backpack backwards.  It put way too much strain on my shoulders.

Besides the basic discomfort of the thing, this type of carrier is what is known in babywearing circles as a "crotch-dangler."  Basically, the design of this carrier places an unhealthy amount of weight and pressure on your child's crotch.  This is especially bad for baby boys.  I cringe every time I see one of these.  These carriers also place baby's hips and spine in a developmentally detrimental position.  Just google "crotch dangler" for more information.

If you want something organic in form and still hands-free, go with a wrap or sling (though not a duffle-bag type sling).  If you really do not think you can handle wrapping and tying, go for a carrier that places your child's knees above or even with his or her bum.  That is the correct angle for hip development and is MUCH more comfortable for your precious one.  I'd recommend an Ergo carrier.

I would definitely recommend buying a carrier- but not this one

from Austin, TX

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

I would definitely recommend buying a front baby carrier, but I wouldn't recommend the Evenflo Snuggli carrier.  I used it for my first baby and was never able to adjust the straps such that it didn't really, really hurt every time I wore it.  It took about 20 minutes for the pain to start in my shoulders, and the only way to relieve it was to sit down and lean forward in a really awkward and embarassing way. :-)

I know that some people have used this product and have found it comfortable  I wonder if there might be some body types that it is comfortable for.  I am tall and skinny, and don't have a lot of muscle strength in my upper body.

The snugli definitely is a lot cheaper than some of the other brands, ad it might be worth giving it a shot on the chance that you are one of the people it works for.  I did find it fairly easy to use and clean.   I think for me, though, that before I have my next baby I am going to invest in a high end carrier because it really is the kind of equipment that gets a lot of use, and honestly, it's hard enough to be comfortable when you are breast-feeding all the time and getting hardly any sleep anyway. :-)

Good enough for occasional use

from Wentzville, MO

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

The Evenflo Snugli carrier is not great, not horrible- just average.  It does well enough for my family's occasional use, but I don't think I would want it if I needed to use a baby carrier all the time.

Pros:  It is handy to be able to strap baby on and not have to worry about carrying him or putting him in a stroller, and it keeps your hands free to do other things (but that is the case with any baby carrier, not just this one.)  You can use it as a front carrier or a backpack, depending on the size of your baby.  It isn't just for tiny babies, in fact, I believe it is approved for use for children up to 26 pounds.  It has nice padded straps so it doesn't rub too much on your shoulders.  It crosses in the back to provide extra support so as to not hurt your back.  It is reasonably priced.

Cons:  You practically have to be a rocket scientist to put the thing on, and it takes two or three people to do so.  It isn't the most comfortable item to wear, especially for those with petite figures.   Although vented, my baby still gets overheated sitting in it (probably because of the black material).  It isn't the softest thing in the world.  It is almost as hard to get baby out as it is to get him in.

Not the most awesome carrier in the world, but for the price and as little as I use it, I'd probably still pick the same one again.

Typical baby carrier, nothing too special

from Indian Head, MD

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

I purchased the Evenflo Snugli carrier for myself when my first child was born. I had a wrap-type carrier, but to be honest, it was too much work to try and wrap it, unwrap it, re-wrap it, etc., just to try and carry her around. I wanted a front carrier for my daughter that was easier to use but wasn't going to cost me a fortune.

All I can say regarding the Evenflo is that you get what you pay for. It did the job, but probably not as well as some other carriers do. It was hard to put my daughter in to the carrier when she was littler, and when she was big enough to be forward facing the front of the carrier was in her face but when I tried to fold the top down the carrier didn't provide enought support to make me feel comfortable not holding on to her to make sure she didn't fall out of the carrier. Also, the carrier was pretty hard on the back. Some other carriers provide support by displacing weight to the hips, not this one. It all goes right to the shoulders and back. I don't think I'd recommend this product.

Great for tall parents and short babies to get things done

from Apache Junction, AZ

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

I would personally give this 3 stars, but my husband loves our Snugli so much, I have to give it an extra star. I like the Snugli when the baby is young, less than 5 months, because when the baby is turned towards you, it is very supportive, and it lets you get things done around the house. However, for me, once the baby is older, and thus taller, the Snugli is uncomfortable because of where the baby's feet fall. I have "kicker" babies, and being kicked in certain places is uncomfortable. Because my husband is taller, this is a non-issue for him until the baby's weight becomes uncomfortable. I always makes sure my baby is wearing pants, however, because the leg holes were not made for normal sized baby legs, and they can cut into the baby's legs. It also hurts my back after a while, a while being 20 minutes or so, where I would rather carry them. It is best for me at the grocery store, because I know that they are safe and secure, and I can still push a cart without worrying. It is easy to adjust from person to person, easy to put on, and I feel very safe with my child in it.

A great baby carrier

from Portage, MI

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

When my baby is sick or restless, she dislikes being away from me and she starts to cry. Since I also have other chores and children to take care of, I needed a way that my my daughter could stay close with me and still be able to do my chores. I soon found that this Evenflo baby carrier was the solution. It is easy for me to buckle my daughter in and it also has a great support system so that I do not strain my upper body when I have my daughter in it. The carrier is great because it is machine washable, so I can put it in the machine when it is soiled. My daughter loves this carrier because I can go with her anywhere when she is in it. It makes grocery shopping so much easier and cleaner because I do not have to put her in the cart which has many germs. My husband also likes this baby carrier because it is plain blue so he does not feel self conscious when he uses it. The mesh material that this carrier is made of is great for hot summer weather too.

Like it alot

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

I am extremely busy.  I took only 4 weeks off for maternity leave and now I am back to work.  I actually bring my daughter to work with me.  So the Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Carrier is a big help.  I work for a realty company so I am constantly go to the houses walking around huge beach houses.  I just bought the Snugli when my daughter was 7 weeks old and it makes such a difference in my work day.  I can more around more quickly and I am not as tired at the end of the day.  It is also great when I take the dog for a walk I do not have to drag out her stroller.  The only thing that I found that I didn't really like about it is that at first she did not really fill it out and I felt a little uneasy about using it for the first few weeks I had it.  But my daughter was a premmie so I am thinking that is why she fit so badly.  I would really recommend this to any working or busy mothers looking for a little break.