3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

Inexpensive, yet effective.

When registering for baby, I knew I would want a carrier for various reasons, and this one was by far one of the cheapest on the market!  We were able to use it at only ten days old for a relative's wedding.  Hubby wore it, with baby girl at his chest, and we danced the night away.  I have also used it to get things done around the house when she is awake and just wants to be held.  Although, she doesn't stay awake long!  Sitting so close to our chest, she drifts right off to sleep.I find the large number of buckles to be a bit cumbersome and can make the process of putting the Snugli on a difficult one if she gets squirmy, and also a bit longer than I would like it to be.Overall, for the price, this baby carrier is very much worth it!

UPDATE:  At seven months, Hubby is pulling out the Snugli even more often!  He'd much rather tote her around in the Snugli when shopping or at an outdoor event than using our umbrella stroller (which he has to stoop to push) or carrying her in his arms (she can get heavy).  So, still worth it!

Only used it a couple times.

I purchased this product hoping to be able to take my daughter with me while freeing up my hands.  When she was smaller and rode in it facing towards me, it worked better, but I thought that the leg holes cut into her legs, no matter how I adjusted it.  When she got bigger and started to ride in it facing out, it seemed to get more uncomfortable for her - the way her arms were restriced she just seemed stuck, plus the leg holes were still cutting into her legs (not literally cutting, but leaving marks).  It was uncomfortable on my back too, no matter how high or low I tried it.  While it's a handy thing to have, I just wouldn't recommend it, both for mom's comfort and for baby's.  Maybe something with a different design would work better.

Not so great for bigger babies

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

I bought this when my son was about a month old so that I could carry him, and still have two free hands to hold onto my twin 3 year olds. It worked great as a front carrier with him facing me until he was 4 months old, but then it started really pulling on my shoulders and back. My son was almost 9lbs at birth, so he is a bigger baby, but I cannot imagine carrying him around in this now that he is 10 months old. My husband liked this for him when the baby was small as well, but I don't know that he will still want to use it now.

Safety
I think it does a pretty good job of keeping baby secure. I love the top part that folds down for older babies so they can face out.

Baby's Comfort
My sin seemed very cozy, he would snuggle right in and sleep almost every time I put him in this.

Parents' Comfort
Great when babies are small, but pulls to much on the shoulders when they get heavier.

A little tricky to at first, but pretty easy once you get the hang of it. My husband never got the hang of it, I had to help him every time.

• Safety:
  • Baby's Comfort:
  • Parents' Comfort:

This carrier may be right for you, depending on your expectation

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

This product never failed to hold my child in safely and that is what the purpose of the carrier is so it did that successfully. However, this carrier made it harder to carry my little one and I never fully trusted it, because it's connects itself with buckles (like those on backpacks) and I would find myself still holding my baby. It put a lot of stress on my back and I did not find it very comfortable. After having a child you have to realize your back is already aching from a child kicking it and epidurals or whatever else you had to endure. It actually was comfortable around the shoulders and thats really where I expected it to be the least most comfortable. It has a higher back on it so it can support the child and I love this not for head support but I would turn my little one around and when he got tired of holding his head up he would lay it down and it gave a little extra comfort for him. I would not recommend a newborn in this because my little one's head would bounce around as a newborn and I had a big baby.

Safety
Buckles hold it together. I did not feel it was safe but it never failed.

Baby's Comfort
It was very cozy for my little one and I had a December baby and it actually helped keep him warm and keep wind off of him

I could not figure it out at first but it is actually simple

• Safety:
  • Baby's Comfort:
  • Parents' Comfort:

Wonderful product

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

I received an Evenflo Snugli as a gift from my mother before my son was born.  I used it for the first time when he was only a week old, because I had to travel by bus to a medical appointment quite far from my house.  Even when he was that young, the Snugli was secure enough that I didn't have to worry about him being too small...and now that he is 5 months old, facing outward, he still fits comfortably in it.I also love the multiple points at which you can adjust the fit of the carrier; my boyfriend and I both use it, and have found the necessary adjustments to be quick and easy.  I expect to use this carrier for at least a few more months, depending on how big my son gets.  So far, I haven't experienced any back pain as a result of using the carrier, and it's been a lifesaver for both my back and arms on days when my son doesn't want to be put down!

DId not work for us

from Clover, SC

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

My first baby had severe colic and I had bought this carrier hoping it would be soothing for her and help me get things done that I wasn't able to do while always carrying a baby. I did not know anything about carriers at that time and my first mistake was to buy the least expensive carrier available. It was uncomfortable for me and I felt sure that my little one couldn't get comfortable either. It wasn't very soft.

When I had my second baby I gave it a go again thinking that maybe it would work better for her since she didn't have colic. She wasn't thrilled with it and I quickly remembered how uncomfortablle it was for me. I have since looked into better carriers and found others that we both love. I would rather spend more and be able to use the carrier.

Inexpensive, yet effective.

from Shawnee, OK

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

does the job for a decent price

from Vernon Hills, IL

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

I received this as a gift at my baby shower when I was expecting my older daughter. I had registered for it without doing much research or comparing alternatives. She was very colicky and demanded to be held constantly for about the first seven or eight months of her life. I tried to use this when the head flap up and baby facing in when she was a newborn, but I felt it was not secure enough-there was too much room for give and not enough head support. I basically gave up and found it easiest to just hold her. Fast forward two years: my younger daughter is born and I have a 2.5 year old toddler to care for as well. Bingo, now's the time for the Snugli! My younger daughter was a bigger baby (9lbs1oz at birth) and I found she fit pretty well in the carrier, even as a newborn. It was really a lifesaver when it came to getting out alone with two babies. It was especially handy for grocery shopping...my older daughter would sit in the seat and I would put baby in the carrier so the entire basket of the cart was available for food. Most of the time she would just be lulled to sleep by the motion and the warmth. It was also nice for cooler whether because I found I was able to put her in the carrier, then put on my maternity hoodie sweatshirt and zip it up over both of us. We got a few strange looks but it kept her warm and comfy. Overall I would say this is a decent carrier for larger/older/sturdier babies...not so much for smaller ones. Also-you need to be careful the stiff fabric around the legholes doesn't cut into chunky baby thighs! As a new mom...I also didn't much appreciate that the straps had to be super tight on me, thereby exposing some fat rolls :)

The Snugli soft carrier is the best carrier!

from Bloomington, IN

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

We bought this carrier used on Craigslist because I had heard rave reviews from my sister-in-law. It is perfect! It feels very safe and secure, both for my baby and for me. I never felt like she was slipping out. I was able to cook, do laundry, take walks, all while she was secure. I also never worried about suffocation because the design of the carrier allows for breathing room for her head. I prefered to wear her on the front, as did my husband. He even wore her to a college basketball game and she slept right through all the cheering and boo's! I like that it is washable. It is very easy to put on, once you figure it out the first time. Sometimes I would put it on at home, and then out my baby in it once we got to the store.

The only downside I see is that sometimes it was difficult to get her out without alot of jostling. So if your baby falls asleep in it and you'd like to put her down in her crib, good luck getting her out without making her!

perfect! even with newborn

from Hebron, MD

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

My husband and I Love the evenflo snugli carrier!  We got it originally because he didn't like the sling carrier that I got.  It was too feminine!

So we got the evenflo snugli for HIM.  I have ended up loving it.  YOu can wear your baby front or back facing.  It has a flap that folds down, or stays up.  Leave it up to support the head and neck of a newborn, or put it down if you want your child facing out.

It makes it really easy to take the child out, there are 4 snaps!  You can just unhook them, and baby literally falls right out.  But it is probably best not to let that happen;  I usually lay the entire carrier down on the bed or couch, with the baby still in it.  I unhook the snaps then I can just scoot baby out. And he is laying on the bed.

It is very similar to wearing a backpack, but on your front.  It supports your back well, and doesn't get tangled because of the way it is braided  .

Overall I would tell a friend to buy this, I LOVE IT!

SOrry but I don't like the Evenflo

from Princeton, ME

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

I love the idea of carring your baby.  Yet I would not reccomend this product to anyone.  It pulls at your back and shoulders.  You cannot wear this for a long time at all.  one hour and you feel like you have been wearing and elephant for one hour.  I have since bougt an Ergo and LOVE IT!  I was so dissapointed with tis product.  For nursing it was difficultthebaby sat at a bad position for nursing  so I needed to take baby out to nurse.  There is also fabric in between you and the baby which prevent from easy nursng ablity.  It was not very versitale once you baby grow out of it he or she is done with.  So athough an ERGO is alot more pricey it is ALOT more versitale as well.  I also felt asthough Ihad to putone hand on my bay everytim I bent down or moved at a quick pace.  I had dreamed of wearingthis hikingonly to be saddly dissappointed.  I also found it hard to get on and off and hard to get baby in and out.

Good for new baby

from Hensley, AR

Comments about Evenflo Snugli Comfort Vent Baby Carrier:

The Snugli is a decent baby carrier for the price. You can put a newborn baby and feel like they are safely held. I use the snugli to do housework when my baby doesn't want to be put down. I also opted to put my first son in the snugli instead of putting his carseat on the cart (which isn't very safe) when I went grocery shopping. It is very helpful with a newer baby.

As my baby grew, however, I did not like the snugli as much. For one thing, it pulls on your shoulders and all of the weight is on your back. It also causes your child to dangle by their crotch, and as they get bigger, this begins to look more and more uncomfortable. There are other carriers that transfer the weight to your hips, which is much better for a mom's back and they also hold the child under the rear, which appears to be more comfortable for the baby.

Even though I didn't like the Snugli after my first son was 5 months or so, I still pulled it out for my second son because it is good for a new baby.