3.6
Evenflo
Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat

Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat

3.6

What, A Pink Car Seat for My Baby?

Evenflo Embrace is a very nice car seat designed for smaller infants. It offers a separate base that is easy to install and a separate carrier that is easy to remove. The car seat easily snaps in place when going for a ride and easily releases itself from the base with the press of a button. The seat holds your baby securely in place with a five point harness, which can be adjusted using one of three different pairs of slots to accommodate infants of different sizes.One of the many assets of this car seat is the Z- shaped carrying handle and among all of the positive features of this product, it is the handle that caught my attention from the beginning and convinced me to make the purchase. This type of handle makes the seat much easier to carry than the traditional type. Because it is shaped the way it is, a parent can comfortably hold the seat and carry it around without straining his/her arms. The Z design means that the handle can be gripped with the palm of the hand facing your side- similar to the way you grip a briefcase or suitcase. With traditional handles, the palm faces forward, causing strain and fatigue in a short period of time.  This car seat is certainly above average in quality and it will satisfy most who choose to purchase it. But like many good things, there are a few cons that deserve mention. One annoyance is the canopy. This is a nice feature because it helps shade babies from the sun and helps to keep them shielded from outside noises. But the problem is that the canopy too easily falls behind the seat, over the back. It would be better if it was constructed in a way that made it stay on the front side of the seat. Another small problem is with the head rest. This is a small, cloth piece shaped like a semicircle and it is intended to keep a baby's head held in place so that the head doesn't sag from side to side. I have had some trouble getting this piece to stay in place. With practice, it is better than it was at first but it still tends to fall. Changing the position of the harness on Evenflo Embrace is somewhat of a pain but this is true of most car seats. Because the straps and pieces need to stay secure and safe, there is no easy way to move the straps from one slot to the next. As your baby grows and you have to adjust the straps, the only way to rethread is to pull the straps into the back part of the carrier and then push them through another slot. This would be easy if it was nothing more than a strap, but there is, of course, a chest clip and harness anchor/buckle piece attached to each strap. These pieces have to be shoved through the small openings. It takes some physical force, and time, to get them through. Still, in spite of these minor flaws, Evenflo Embrace Pink Infant Car Seat is a very good child protection device from this popular manufacturer of baby products. The canopy, cloth pad, and head support are all machine washable and they are a little easier to remove and reattach than those on other car seats I have used. The handle is a great advantage compared to the car seats I have owned and used before and even though there are some flaws with the canopy and headrest, this is still a very good car seat from Evenflo. Infant car seats are a necessity, and this particular seat is a very good one for the money. Besides, wouldn't you just love your friends to see your baby in a hot pink seat?

Consider Evenflo Embrace for your infant. You won't be sorry you spent the money.

Decent Carseat, but could use some adjustments

For your typical carseat, the evenflo embrace pink cuddle bear, is nothing out of the ordinary. If you are looking for your run-of the-mill carseat, that does the job, this would be...Read complete review

For your typical carseat, the evenflo embrace pink cuddle bear, is nothing out of the ordinary. If you are looking for your run-of the-mill carseat, that does the job, this would be a good choice for you.

In general, it is easy to take in and out of the car, due to the base that the carseat easily snaps into. It works well as an infant carrier while shopping or at church, even at home or when over at friends. The harness system is easy to buckle, once you get the hang of it.

The biggest downside of this carseat, and the main reason why I probably wouldn't purchase this model, is that the carseat doesn't have the option to buckle in a car with out the base. Most seats I've seen have belt straps that you can hook the belt through, even though the base is usally the first option. This model, however, does not have that versatility. This makes it quite a pain to change cars, because every time you must take out the base and install it in a different car. Also, since we only have one car, if I forget to take out the base before my husband takes the car to work, I am stuck and unable to get a ride with a someone because i can't take my baby in the car.

Other than that one main flaw, this is a decent carseat. It is fairly comfortable to carry and functional. Not a bad choice, but you may want to look for a model that can be buckled in without the base.

A nice basic car seat

from LAS VEGAS, NV

Comments about Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat:

When we were creating our baby registry for car seats we were shocked by the high prices. We didn't pick one of the cheapest one which was this one. We love it! I don't know the difference between a higher model though. It has a base which I love. It also has a easy lift handle which is easy. It also has adjustable levels so if you have an infant he or she isn't up high. It also fits well with the stroller and clicks right on. So nice when you have a newborn. The down side is you cant put the car seat in the car with out the base because it doesn't have seat belt loops. Also even though the base has a 3 levels position the babies head will still fall down.  The  left side clip that holds the visor broke so it doesn't adjust very well. I am a smaller person and I have a hard time caring my baby in the car seat. i think it is to bulky but I think that is just how car seats are made. This car seat and it has gone through 2 kids almost 3. I know i have said some cons about the car seat but I know they are not important to me and that the pros over weigh the cons. If you are looking for cheap this is the car seat for you.

• Ease of Installation:
  • Child's Comfort:
  • Support and Safety:

Evenflo Embrace good car seat

from Santee, CA

Comments about Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat:

This infant Evenflo Embrace LX car seat is excellent.  It was very easy to install the base into our car and then the car seat carrier was easy to put in and pull out.  We bought this infant carrier because of the handle.  The shape of the handle made it easy and comfortable to carry.  We never had any problems with the handle not latching correctly.  The buckles were easy to use and it was pretty easy to change the straps, as easy as it can be:)  Evenflo offers many different styles and colors for their car seats which is nice.  We choose this gender neutral one so we could use it for our future kids. We were able to wash the cover and put it back on and it still looked good.  My only wish was that this car seat’s hood was longer or larger.  I felt like we could not pull it down far enough to cover the baby from the sun.  Overall this is a good car seat that we plan on using for our next little one.

Evenflo Embrace the best seat out there

from Vilonia, AR

Comments about Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat:

We have an evenflo travel system for ourselves and then bought this seat and matching stroller for my mom since she babysits daily.

We have had no trouble fitting this seat properly into her jeep wrangler and sebring convertible leaving the handle all the way down and with 2 inches to spare from back of handle to the seat as the manual states. If people will just be smart and read the manual this will not ever be an issue unless you have a tiny car.

We love it. We swear by evenflo. Definately recommend.

I like the Evenflo Embrace infant car seat for its ease of use.

from Port Barre, LA

Comments about Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat:

I really like the Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat because it is very easy to install using the position indicator to ensure I have it correctly installed. I trust the brand Evenflo when it comes to gear for my baby because it's a good quality and value for the price. I love how the handle is angled which makes it really easy to carry around. The last feature I like about this particular infant car seat is the belt guide for using without the base. This feature makes transporting my baby convenient if my mother or mother-in-law have to pick her up in their vehicle. The belt guide allows for safely securing the car seat in a vehicle with the seat belt instead of installing the base in the other vehicle.

I bought the Evenflo travel system and think its the worst ever!

from West Henrietta, NY

Comments about Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat:

I bought the evenflo embrace travel system for my first baby. I liked the advertised features and the colors but the system as a whole was terrible! It is so hard to re-adjust the straps, the carseat does not fit well in small cars, same with the stroller, i literally had to fight to get it into my trunk!!!! NEVER AGAIN EVENFLO!!!!!

Evenflo Embrace carseat lets downparents

from Mosinee, WI

Comments about Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat:

I purchased a Evenflo Embrace carseat for my now 6 month old, when he was born. After 2 months of using the carseat, the handle cracked on the top which made the carseat a hazzard to my son. I contacted Evenflo, but never herd no reply from them. I was very upset with the company and I will never buy another Evenflo item again.

Light, safe and comfortable for traveling

from Commerce City, CO

Comments about Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat:

I love the way the handle is curved. GREAT when carrying it around. The padding is nice and soft and is comforable enough to go on a 12 hours of continous driving. The straps are easy to take off and wash, non staining material. Snaps onto the base very easy.

wish they made this seat in adult sizes

from Yonkers, NY

Comments about Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat:

i picked this seat for my son because of the colors how easy it was to use and to install in the car we also bought an addition base for our second car and carry  also the price was very reasonable compared to other seats the only problem i had was my son is long and he outgrown the seat quickly

Sits straight up, babys head falls straight down

from Fort Pierce, FL

Comments about Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat:

I got this car seat as a gift from the grandparents and it is by far the ugliest car seat that ever existed. I think they looked up the cheapest and ugliest one and bought it. It also sits straight up so my babys head falls into her chest. I feel so bad for her. I feel like the handle is going to break everytime I carry it. It just plain sucks.

Stroller was easy to use

from Monroe, VA

Comments about Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat:

This stroller was great for a first time mom. It is easy for a smaller woman to operate and holds everything you need for the baby. The stroller is super simple to fold and unfold and is relatively lightweight. This stroller easily accomodates newborns and older babies too.