3.9
Evenflo
Evenflo Discovery Infant Car Seat

Evenflo Discovery Infant Car Seat

3.9

I prefer this infant car seat over any other.

Atention all of you parents looking for a safe,and reliable infant carseat!!!!

If you are looking for a safe car seat the evenflo Discovery 5
Read complete review

Atention all of you parents looking for a safe,and reliable infant carseat!!!!

If you are looking for a safe car seat the evenflo Discovery 5

is your product!

I am a twenty-three year old mother of two handsom baby boys.This seat has a nice appearance in terms of crisp, neutral colors. It is lightweight, which will be nice for moms when recovering from giving birh or even a  c-section.My husband purchased this infant car seat at Wal-Mart for our first son, and we kept it for our second son. Even though we've had it for over a year it sill works just as great as when we first bought it.It was the cheapest infant car seat.The seat has worked great for us so far. I really like the colors, and teddybear pattern. I also like that it isn't heavy but still feels sturdy.My husband, and I are very happy with this product. It is well worth the money for the few months that it is used until the baby grows out of it. It is lighter in weight and easy to carry (lighter than Graco car seats.) I love having the base in the car all of the time and the LATCH system safely attaches to the car seat. The car seat is easy to install and remove.I had purchased extra padding for my second son because he was a premie to protect his head and removed it once he was three months of age, and didn't need the extra padding. He really likes the car seat and always falls asleep in it. All of the padding and fabric easily removes to wash.  We are very pleased with the features,and price.  From my own personal experience my opinion is that it's the best infant carseat that I have used. So I figured I'd  write this review because costumers should know that their infants are safe while riding in the car.

BEWARE - this carseat is NOT safe for newborns!

When we were expecting, my husband and I went car seat shopping and found this car seat at Wal Mart. We chose it because of the excellent price and the cute animal design. It is also side impact tested/rated, which was an important feature to us. The one we bought came with the car seat and base, which *seemed* to make it a great value. We also liked the Z-shaped handle because it makes it easier to transport than other carseats.

We have two different branded carseats, and this is the one we put in my husband's vehicle, so until lately I wasn't real familiar with it. However recently, I happened to be sitting in the back seat right next to my newborn son while he was in it and was ***appalled*** at the lack of safety that went into designing this seat!

The angle at which this seat "sits" on the base is all wrong. It tilts the opposite direction than it should because at the slightest incline or if the driver hits the brakes suddenly, the newborn's head juts forward (because the carseat isn't reclined enough the way it sits in the base) and there is absolutely no way to secure your little one's head so it doesn't do that. At this age, they just don't have the muscles needed to hold their heads upright so this disturbing feature renders this carseat useless. I had to literally sit there and try to hold his head back while my husband drove us home.

Also, to put the carseat in the car onto the base, you have to tilt the entire seat into an almost vertical position, which again makes the newborn's head tilt forward to where they could get whiplash real easily. In my honest opinion, this carseat should be yanked from the market.

I am in the process of writing a complaint to Evenflo to see what can be done about this since it is a serious safety concern and we will not be using this seat again until a solution is reached.

Please be careful if you have this particular model and a young baby.

Update: a few weeks after I posted this review, a representative from Evenflo contacted me by mail and phone. I was instructed to destroy and dispose of most of the carseat and send only certain "patches" of it back in a postage paid envelope provided to me. I did so, and they fully reimbursed my purchase cost.

Nice basic infant carseat

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Evenflo Discovery Infant Car Seat:

I had this car seat for one of my kids. I was looking for a simple infant car seat with good crash rating. Evenflo Discovery Infant Car Seat was reasonably priced and had relatively good crash rating. So, we have decided to buy it. Well, there are some good and bad thing about this car seat. It is easy to install and take off the car. It is rather compact. It has nice neutral colors. Straps are easy to adjust. The cover is washable. Although, it is some what hard to remove it and put it back. Z-handle is convenient. The downside is the weight of the car seat. I am rather petite. It is hard for me to carry it. When my baby was about 3 months, it is was too heavy for me to carry my baby in the car seat. So, I never used it as a carrier. This really undercut the advantage of having infant car seat as it was sitting stationary in the car. In the way, it was better to get a convertible one. Overall, I like the Evenflo Discovery Infant Car Seat, but not as a carrier.

Ease of Installation
Very easy

Child's Comfort
It is comfortable. Has a nice canopy for sun protection

Support and Safety
Good

Straps are easy to use

Neutral basic

Good, can be washed

• Ease of Installation:
  • Child's Comfort:
  • Support and Safety:

Great car seat for infants

from Lancaster, PA

Comments about Evenflo Discovery Infant Car Seat:

I have had three of these and they did great for us.  The first came with the travel system I registered for with my first child.  I think what really makes this seat and sets it apart from any others is the unique zig zag handle.  It is so much easir and more comfortable than a regular handle style seat.  I found the straps easy to secure and adjust and the seat snaps in and out of the base with extreme ease.  It's also suprisingly light which is nice as baby gets heavier.  My first seat was at a point subject to a recall for a minor issue and they promptly sent out the replacement part.  I was unable to make the fix myself and they were great to deal with in getting it resolved.  Customer service sent me out a whole new replacement seat and I was able to pick the design which was fantastic as we were already done with it for our first child and knew by then our second would be a girl .  We got something pink and frilly and it was great.  When our son came along next we gave that seat away and bought a more masculine style of the same brand.  It's the only infant seat I'd ever buy.

Easy to use and safe for baby.

from Hanceville, AL

Comments about Evenflo Discovery Infant Car Seat:

This Evenflo infant carseat is easy to use. The straps are adjustable for added comfort and safety for your baby. Carseat comes out of base easily when you need to just carry the carseat with baby into a store. Carseat fits perfect on shopping cart for safety. My baby is five months old and I trust the Evenflo carseat.

The best infant car seat on the market!

from Floresville, TX

Comments about Evenflo Discovery Infant Car Seat:

The Evenflo infant car seat is a worthy investment, both in the safety of your new baby and its easy of use and portability.  It extremely light weight and snaps in to most strollers and store carts making it very convient for outings with your new little bundle of joy.  We have used our with both our children.  For the ultimate in convience you can purchase a base for each of the family vehicles.  The Evenflo infant car seat also comes in so many designs you will be able to find the perfect one for you and your child.

Evenflo infant seats are good for the price you pay!

from Snow Camp, NC

Comments about Evenflo Discovery Infant Car Seat:

I was given an evenflo infant seat at my baby-shower.  It is safe, and reliable.  The base straps in like any other infant seat, and then the seat itself clips to the base.  I have had trouble with the seat not wanting to unclip from the base, no major problems, just annusance.  It seems like you have to lift up just right on the car seat in order for it to release from the base.  I also didn't like the shade, after a time it started slipping down around the back of the seat when we would carry the baby in the carrier into a store.  It is very safe, we were in a car accident and it didn't let the baby get thrown or come out of the base, in fact, the baby slept right through the accident.  Overall, it is a desent carseat for the price.  It does come with 3 different slots for the straps so that way you can adjust the straps as your child grows.  I did find that it was one of the easiest carseats to deal with as far as loosening and tightening the straps.  It does clip in to some shopping carts, but some it won't and then the carrie wobbles.  Also, when snapping the carrier onto a shopping cart, the carrier seems to tip back too much.  It is good for really small infants, but once your infant starts getting old enough to want to sit up, I wouldn't recommend it. It is also had to carry when you have your child in it.  I wouldn't recommend it to a mom who couldn't lift much more then the baby's wieght.

Eveflow Travel System

from Trenton, MI

Comments about Evenflo Discovery Infant Car Seat:

I recieved the Evenflow  Travel System as a baby shower gift and I was so excited it was one of the main gifts tha I was really hoping to recieve. My evenflow travel system  is black and green it has green and grey circles on the car seat as well as the travel system, I love the fun color as well as the designe. I love the stroller it is very easy to fold up and unfold it is also very easy to monover around the store and parks, I love the little middle handle,and also how the food tray lifts up on one side,also how roomy and big the bottom compartment is to keep the diaper bag in. Its also really great beacause it has to cup holders as well as a portable wipe holder right between the handle bar. But it just glides so nicely its really great. The car seat is great as well I love the angled handle it gives you diffrent ways to hold it. I also love the three diffrent size ajustments for when your baby grows.

Evenflo travel system good for single parent

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Evenflo Discovery Infant Car Seat:

The Evenflo Travel System is good for this single mother that walks or takes the bus just about everywhere she goes. The car seat is light weight and the stroller folds up nice and neat for easy storage. The copartment is big enough to hold the diaper bag, my purse and three bags of groceries. And the other good thing is that there has not been any recalls lately on this product. That is a releif for me. The stroller does not reaaly fit into our car, infortuneatly. But then again, we have a prius Hybrid (a pretty small car). It is also good for if you decide not to know the gender because the colorsd are pretty neutral. They are black and white. The car seat fits perfeectly into the stroller. It is snug so that my baby feels safe and comfortable. I do beleive it is ery safe and easy to steer. it even has a handle for if you need to steer with one hand. It is pretty good. I am definitly happy that I have it.

i love the way my son fits comfortalbly in the evenflo carseat

from North Miami, OK

Comments about Evenflo Discovery Infant Car Seat:

my son has had this carseat for quite some time.and he fits perfectly .hes not bunched up in no way.he loves the fact he has room to kick and play with his feet.the evenflo carseat fits perfectly in the stroller we bought sepratly

I am really satisfied with this car seat!

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Evenflo Discovery Infant Car Seat:

I really like this product. It colorful design and safety features are great.

It clasps into the seat so that is cannot be moved incase of an accident. It is a little heavy

but I think I'm just kinda weak. lol ;)

I love that it is adjustable I can make it lay farther back or sit farther up so that she can sleep or look around while we drive.

She falls asleep in it all the time. It seems to be very comfortable for her.

She's finally getting big enough to being a forward facing one but this one has fit her all the way up to 10 months.

Also a really awesome thing about it is the matching stroller that comes with it.

The car seat fits right into it easily and stays put. No worries about it slipping out. Also I can put her in there without the car seat. It also is adjustable accoring to babies mood.

Lay it back or put it up for curious baby time. There is a roomy area underneath to put a lot of items, I take it shopping with me all the time.

Would recomend

Evenflo has style and safety

from Newark, NY

Comments about Evenflo Discovery Infant Car Seat:

The car seat is wonderful, not only does it have a really cute design that could be masculine or femine, but it is very adjustable to fit the needs of your child.  it has three ajustments for the shoulder straps and two adjustment for the bottom clip.  The great thing about this seat is that it grows with your baby!

The handle is also a thing to be noted.  unlike most standard handles, this handle is not round, but has a fitted  carrying notch, it also help to secure the seat so it doesn't rock on surfaces such as tables.

My only real complaint is that the seat is very large so if you have more than one child and a small car, it may not be the seat for you.  In order for the seat to be locked in a safe position, it requires the seat in front to be uncomfortably close to the dashboard.

overall my impression of this seat is that it is definately recommended as a nice seat for your newborn or infant.  Might want to resist purchasing if you have a small car or multiple children