View more breast pumps

3.1

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

A Wonderful Breast Pump for Mom's on the go and at home!!!!!

Child number three and this time I am committing myself to breastfeed for a full year. Of course I'm nervous, breastfeeding didn't last long with my first two children and I was also concerned with finding a pump that would be comfortable, durable, inexpensive and one that helped me with good milk flow.  After shopping around, and reading numerous reviews I found the *Evenflo Comfort Select Breast Pump*.  A bit nervous about the three week hump of breastfeeding discomfort, the *Evenflo Comfort Select Breast Pump* ended up being quite soothing and easy to use. It is light weight, has adjustable settings, stimulates the same suction pattern of my baby, is easy to hold with the a comfortable back grip, and can be transported in a nice fashionable carrying case. The baby is now three months, I'm back at work and I'm still able to pump at least two times a day and get a nice flow of milk. I recommend using the ***Evenflo Comfort Select with Breastfeeding***!!

Evenflo Comfort Select is not comfortable, not efficient

The Evenflo Comfort Select breast pump was a disappointment. As a first time mom I thought something was wrong with ME or that pumping really was that difficult. It wasn't until I got a manual pump that I learned the problem was with the pump!

I registered for this pump when I was pregnant. I had heard that an electric is easier to use and more efficient. I didn't plan on pumping a lot, since I would be able to work from home, but definitely needed something robust enough to create a backup supply in the freezer.

After my son adjusted to breastfeeding, I started trying to pump, but no matter how much I fiddled with it I couldn't get it pump more than a few ounces at a time. It was loud - too loud to watch TV while it was running. It drained batteries - plus the batteries made it too heavy to hold comfortably - and the wall cord was short, so I would sit on the floor right next to the outlet while pumping. It yanked and pulled until I felt more bruised and sore than when I was first learning how to breastfeed. It was hard to maintain suction and therefore difficult to let-down. I tried using it with the silicone cushion and without, and had slightly better results without. The main problem COULD be that the cup seems on the small side - it might work better for smaller women.

I eventually lost a tiny piece to it, and bought a manual pump (The Avent Isis Manual) on clearance to replace it. I ended up LOVING the Avent. Even though it was manual, it pumped efficiently, quietly, and it was not painful because I could control the amount of suction. The Evenflo Comfort Select is probably not the pump for you. If you have an occasional need for a pump, as in once a day or less, look into a manual pump. If you need to pump a lot, you'd do better investing in or renting a hospital pump.

Easy to clean and use

Comments about Evenflo Comfort Select Performance Single Auto-Cycling Breast Pump:

I have no complaints about this breast pump except for the fact that these days, there are breast pumps that come with two chambers for pumping both breasts at the same time. While pumping one at a time the other one tends to leak. It's not very loud, which is good. It also comes with a stand so I can store it, charge it, and use it without any problems. It's comfortable to use, not painful at all, and it's a good price.

Cost Effective

I pump exclusively and bought this as a temporary pump. This pump saved my milk supply. The only down side is its louder than the other brands. But you can use both at the same time or one if you choose. It is a little top heavy when empty but the holders keep it from falling over. I've used this for trips and at home and its taken a beating and still going strong. And for the price it came with a bag, ice pack, replacement back flow tips, and includes a soft gel cover for better suction. I took it off and still works great. Wish I purchased this before wasting money on the other two before this and it was 1/3 of the cost.

Comfort
When I used the pump I was absolutely amazed with the fact that it didn't hurt like the baby suckling. I liked the fact that it vibrates because it stimulates your nipples which means more let down, which also means more milk in less time.

Cleans easily and the instructions are very clear

Very comfortable!

I absolutely loved this pump when I was breast feeding my son. I rented one when I was still in the hospital to help get everything moving a little faster and better and the breast pump from the hospital while it was quiet, it was almost painful on any setting for pumping.

This model was extremely comfortable to put on while I was reading a book or my son was sleeping. The cone had a rubber "extender" for a better latch which was awesome if you needed it. It came with a nice plain black bag that all of the little pieces and parts fit into and it was unmarked so if someone went into my diaper bag for me, they didn't know it was my breast pump. It also had a couple milk storage bags, some leakage pads, and an extra overflow piece. The model easily comes apart for washing and just as easy to put back together.

My favorite feature on this model was the adjusting dial for the suction "power". I sacrificed no sound for the adjusting dial. I was never bothered by the noise, which it is quite noisy in a not so noisy room, my office at work was private enough that no one knew I was pumping. I never had any problems with my pump for the 8 months I was strictly breast feeding. I give this a 4 out of 5 only because the noise may be discomforting to some new mothers.

It gets the job done.

If you're planning on going back to work, this is not the pump for you. It works good and everything, but it's not reliable. Mine broke 3 months after I had my daughter and it never really worked that good while it was being battery operated. I would recommend a double electric of another brand for a mom planning on going back to work. But if not then this should be good enough for you. It was a good price and it worked well while it was still working. The small pieces are VERY easy to lose, so keep up with them. They come with only 1 spare part of each little piece. Clean it often or it will get caked up and stay that way. There is a specific area that is very difficult to clean because of how small it is, it's hard to get too. I like the fact that you can carry it around with you in a travel bag that comes with the product. The batteries don't last very long so make sure you always carry a spare. It also comes with a nipple and cap to use if you don't have a bottle handy, which can come in handy, but if you're breastfeeding you shouldn't need to use the bottle part. This is a good pump to use if you're driving and need to pump in between feedings while having to go out and run errands.

• Versatility:

A Wonderful Breast Pump for Mom's on the go and at home!!!!!

from Chicago, IL

Evenflo Comfort Select Breast Pump gets the job done!

from Mesa, AZ

The Evenflo Comfort Select Breast Pump worked well for me. I'm a stay at home mom, so I didn't need to pump on a daily basis. I pumped for the first few months so that I could bottle feed when we were out and about. The Evenflo pump worked well. It has different settings, so I could turn up the suction to maximize the pumping. It was also battery operated, so that you could use it even if you weren't next to an outlet. It worked well for me and I didn't have any problems.

Pros: Easy to operate & clean. It came with a couple extra parts - which came in handy as I lost one of the small rings that are necessary for the pump to operate!

Cons: Average quality.

I think that even though this is one of the cheaper pumps on the market, it works well. If you have a limited supply, this may not work as well and you may need a better quality pump. But for the mom with a good milk supply, this pump works great. I would recommend it as an economical option.

It does what it's supposed to.

from Mckeesport, PA

This pump is meant to fill in on occassion, and that's exactly what it does. It is not meant to be used every day or to replace the baby. In my experience, this pump did what it was supposed to do. I found it to be fairly comfortable, and liked the fact that the pump pressure is adjustable. It came with 2 different sized cups, which is rare for a pump in this price range. I didn't purchase this pump with the expectation that it would perform as well as an Ameda or Medela or other hospital grade pump. I used it when my daughter was not able to nurse for whatever reason, and it worked fine. I would recommend this pump for mothers who are going to nurse the majority of the time but want a pump to get a little extra for when they aren't going to be available.

Evenflo breastpump saved my sanity

from Statesboro, GA

This is a great breast pump all around. I was torn when registering because I didn't want to pay a fortune for an electric breast pump. My mother-in-law was trying to convince me that I didn't need a breastpump at all, let alone an electric one (why, I don't know!). I decided to get a manual breast pump, which was a total waste of time, money, energy, and the gas it took to drive to the store and get it. I quickly abandoned that one and when I found this breast pump I decided to give it a try. I wasn't sure how great it would work since it wasn't as expensive as the Medela ones, but seriously, it was amazing! It was easy to use and easy to clean. Of course, with any product like this, you have to read and follow the instructions carefully about how to wash the parts and how exactly to use it properly. I guess the sound didn't bother me, because I did not have to use it at work (seems to be an issue with other reviewers).

Comfort Select Performance is great for occasional pumping

from Pensacola, FL

So I read some of the other reviews that people have listed- "the battery dies and then it's useless", you can't change the suction power", etc. and I think that they are talking about a different pump! You can plainly see on the photo given that there is a power cord, and you can see the dial to change the intensity of the suction! Not to mention that if the batteries die you merely have to change them. I've been using my pump on occasion since November and tomorrow is February and I still haven't had to change the batteries.

I like this pump. I used it several times a day during Christmas vacation when we visited family, and I usually use it once a week to freeze milk etc. It's easy to clean-  I definitely feel that I am able to sterilize it well and that there is no milk that I couldn't get to to clean out, the bottle it comes with is nothing special but it works, it comes with a carry bag, it comes with an insert so that if you are smaller breasted it won't suck you in too far and hurt you, it's overall just well thought out. I guess it's a bit loud, but it's a vacuum so I don't really know what you expect. It's priced great!! I couldn't afford any other ones and thought that I was sacrificing quality but I definitely do not feel that I am 'making do' in any way.

Good value for the money

from Glen Burnie, MD

This is the first evenflo pump I have purchased. I used medela with my previous two children but did not have the money to purchase a new on this time.  (I had given my old one to my sister thinking we were done having kids)  I got the evenflo and it worked good in the beginning. As time wore on the suction started to decrease.  After 10 months of very heavy use (3-4 times a day Monday through Friday) the suction completely died.  I think this is a great pump for someone who isn't a heavy duty pumper. The pump was easy to clean and came with a nice bag to carry it in. Even though my first one gave out at 10 months I just purchase another one today.  I figure I only have two more months left and it did a great job for 10 months.  It is a good value for the money.