Other Travel Systems:

Evenflo Aura Select Travel System Stroller

Pros

Cons

This Evenflo Travel System is great for 1st time mom's

As a first time mommy, I'm totally clueless about what was the best stroller carseat or IDK but I just know I was nervous as hell. I got the Evenflo Aura Select Travel System for my babyshower from my brother and sister in law. I just looked at the huge box and I think I was more scared because it looked like I had to put it together.

LOL I opened the box and I started to feel overwhelmed as I pulled parts and screws and latches and bases. But with the help of my brother, he helped me fix the carseat and it was as easy as ever, so I made the big deal out of nothing. The fabric pattern is really pretty I loved the green and black. On August 30th,2009 I gave birth to my lil monster Giovanni and before I left the hospital they checked the carseat to see if it was on their standard of safety and it was.  I was scared and I snapped and fastened my son in, I just didnt like the base of the carseat the little thing that tells you if the base is balanced broke within a month.

The stroller. My oh my, that was something new for me, It glides and I just loved the way it had a "One Hand" handle and it had a compartment for baby wipes (it came in handy lots of times) and the basket underneath hold really well, I never had a problem, 1 year later this travel system is working and in great condition.

Evenflo Aura Select is sufficient.

I did some research before I bought this for my first child.  I liked a lot of the features: z-shaped handle for easy carrying, lighter-weight in comparison with other travel systems, one-handed steering, good compartments- spacious basket, easy to clean material, and (the clincher) a pretty good value for your buck.

Since using it for the past year, there are some less desirable qualities.  I didn't like that I couldn't adjust the straps from the front like Graco models.  I didn't think it would matter much, but it did.  The stroller is REALLY big.  I thought this would be great, so I could use it for longer, but I have to wrestle it and use the angles just right to get it into the trunk of my car (Mazda 626).  Also, the strollers wheels shake when you start going fast.  Not jogging fast, but downhill fast.  This is annoying, but nothing I would throw a fit about.

In the end it works and is a pretty good value, but is not high end baby gear.  I still like the features I originally researched, but I wish I had known about the cons.  If I could go back, I would buy a Graco carseat (not a travel system), a good carrier and an umbrella stroller once he could sit up.

Evenflo Aura Select travel system

Comments about Evenflo Aura Select Travel System Stroller:

Love this car seat and stroller combo! I have had two of these now, one for each kid. The car seat is very comfy for baby and goes up to 20 pounds. Very easy to install the base as well in your car. The stroller is roomy for baby and I have no problems putting my 3 year old in it. The seat is adjustable and you can lay it down for naps. Big storage basket underneath and cup holders for baby and mom and dad. Easy to maneuver in stores, parks, walks, wherever!

We take this stroller everywhere, has held up very well in zoos, bumpy parks, and just everyday getting it in and out of the trunk. The car seat is great, I love that you can leave a sleeping baby in it and just leave the base in your car, has held up very well for us.

Versatility
Buy an extra base and car seat can go from car to car. No need to re install every time you need to switch cars.

The stroller part is a bit heavy but it's very easy to open and close. I'm a small woman and have no issues at all opening or closing.

Safety
Has a great 5 point harness in the car seat that is easily adjustable. The stroller has a harness as well to keep child safe.

The car seat is very easy to clean as the cover comes off and is machine washable. The stroller needs to be wiped down if it gets dirty which can be a bit difficult if your child spills something and it gets in the cracks and crevices.

overall great product

Comments about Evenflo Aura Select Travel System Stroller:

I truly liked this stroller for the most part it did the job and did it well.

it was durable and has put up with a lot of wear and tear use

Versatility
perfect for evreythign - zoo parks, mall

very easy and simple to use

Safety
my baby feels safe in the car seat and I feel safe with her in it

easier then most strollers

Amazing!!

Comments about Evenflo Aura Select Travel System Stroller:

I love this travel system stroller! It is definitely a purchase I do not regret!

The stroller has been used several times! if I were seeing this stroller for the first time I never would have guessed it had been used! Other than the dust on the wheels, there is no other sign of usage. The stroller has held up so well!

It is so easy to use! It folds up nicely and stores well. It is easy to fold up and unfold. You push a button and twist and wala! Its folded.

Safety
I feel at ease putting my child in this stroller. I know that I don't have to worry about my son falling out or struggling in this stroller.

• Safety:

Easy going, quick clean up, affordable on the pocket

Comments about Evenflo Aura Select Travel System Stroller:

I've had 3 daughters before, and when I had my fourth my son, I decided to go with evenflo instead of going all out of pocket. Trying many other brands before I told myself that I would not spend almost 4 hundred for something that might not even grow with my child. I love the cup holders at the top for my morning coffee or even just a bottle of water. This is affordable and easy to manage. I love it! I was able to get my son in and out with no problem. The clean up for the stroller set was very manageable and sometimes with even as little as 1 baby wipe clean up. I even got to let my 3 daughters help at time by letting them push and put away.It was also easy transition for me to take my child from the car seat into the natural stroller. He adjusted very easily and I had no problem at all with the harness system that came with the stroller. I was very relieved when I didn't have to purchase the extra little straps to put on the harness system to protect him from the straps itself like I had to previously. Overall this is the way to go, and if you have this on your baby shower registry I have no doubt that someone will buy this without a problem.

safety is the goal

Comments about Evenflo Aura Select Travel System Stroller:

I received this travel system as a gift at my baby shower while I was pregnant with my son . I chose this one for the durability of the wheels, the ability to steer with ease and the comfort. I liked that it had a soft heads rest for the babies head in the newborn carrier. I liked that the colors could be either for a boy or girl. I like how low the seat went down in the stroller for the ability to lay it back when the child is old enough for the stroller. My son liked his stroller at his fathers baseball games and would fall asleep so i was able to adjust the seat so he was not cramped up or slumped over. It is easy to fold and store in a regular car trunk , you do not need an extra large trunk to fit this stroller as you would with mant strollers today. Although I had to get rid of my carseat after an accident we were in I would like to add that its safety was amazing during our accident, my son came out of the crash .. prefect. The officers even mentioned how great the car seat was since it did not even budge and yet the car was totaled. He was rear facing of course and so snug and safe that no injuries happened. I would def recommend this set for safety and more. I will rebuy this set or one made by them for our next.

the wheels are strong and durable. The car seat is very safe , we were in an accident and the officers even mentioned how well that car seat did . My son was unharmed and the car was totaled.

easy to steer and take in and out of trunk and in stores

Safety
I would buy this set again from experience Although my car seat had to get tossed after our accident it was a life saver

so easy to wash just take off and toss in the washer

relatively light stroller system

Comments about Evenflo Aura Select Travel System Stroller:

I got this stroller system from my friends. Compared to the Graco ones my big girl used before, they seem to have smaller size, but I like such a light ones. As some other strollers, this one can not be flat enough for baby to sleep as in a crib. Maybe it is for the consideration of safety, but my little baby does not like to sleep in the stroller.

• Safety:

Felt the car seat was safe but stroller was cheaply made

from Shelbyville, TN

Comments about Evenflo Aura Select Travel System Stroller:

We got this travel system as a gift. I picked out this pattern b/c I didn't want everything pink and girly. I always felt our daughter was safe in the car seat with this but she outgrew it super fast. As far as the stroller goes the tray broke the first day. There were good things about the stroller. I liked the height of the handle and didn't have to lean over to push it. It had a big basket and I liked the window in the canopy. It was easy to push w/ the car seat in it. I had major issues with the tray. Besides it breaking and having to fix it, it sits up too high. Our then 3 year old even had a hard time seeing over it so I always had it up and over the side when our daughter was in it. The whole stroller just felt cheap even though it looked nice. It was a pain to get everything off of this to wash. It was easy to collapse down. The stroller weighs 27 pounds!! All I have to say is I'm glad we didn't pay for this.

Loved this stroller combo!

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Evenflo Aura Select Travel System Stroller:

I absolutely love my evenflo aura stroller combo! When my son was an infant, it was so great to be able to just take his car seat from the car and pop it right onto the stroller. It's not exactly lightweight, but I wouldn't call it heavy either. It fits in the trunk of my Saturn Ion nicely and I can still get other things in there. The one hand close option worked well for a while, but now the button does get a bit stuck sometimes. No biggie to me, I never really needed to close it with just one hand anyways. I did find that I was never able to get a good routine down for closing it gently. It seems to always collapse onto the ground which as caused a small crack on the side handles. So far the crack is merely cosmetic as it hasn't affected the way this stroller works. I think Evenflo makes good quality products and this stroller is no exception. It's very easy to steer as well.

The Evenflo Aura Travel System is mediocre

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Evenflo Aura Select Travel System Stroller:

This travel system was given to us as a gift for our first baby. While it works and is adequate for carting a baby around it is nothing spectacular and rather cheap. The back break studs on the wheels broke off after two months of use. The seat does not sit up all the way preventing our son from eating a snack in the tray until he was at least six months old. The car seat seemed very flimsy and it never seemed to be quite secure when it was buckled in to the car. It has always made me a bit nervous. And finally but the locking mechanism that kept the stroller from unfolding when collapsed broke. So every time we took it out of the trunk the stroller would pop out and uncollapse.

Some things that I did really like about this was the fabric cover for both the car seat and stroller were easy to take off and throw in the washing maching. This is wonderful for small babies who spit up or for other accidents. The covers never seemed to wear our or fade after multiple washings.

Super lightweight

from Wichita Falls, TX

Comments about Evenflo Aura Select Travel System Stroller:

I really like this set. It's super lightweight and easy to carry, the handles are comfortable too. The only bad thing about the seat it the light color shows dirt easily but it is easy to take apart and wash as well. The stroller is super easy to use and also lightweight but it takes up a lot of space in a vehicle. Over all i would recommend the brand to anyone but get a different color, this one shows wear too much.