3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

The Euro-Pro Shark Portable Streamer Rocks in the Bathroom

I received the Shark Pro Portable Steamer for Christmas from my husband.  I had been hinting relentlessly for several months, so I suppose it was pretty obvious to him that I wanted...Read complete review

I received the Shark Pro Portable Steamer for Christmas from my husband.  I had been hinting relentlessly for several months, so I suppose it was pretty obvious to him that I wanted one.

I have found this steam cleaning device to be mostly effecient and effective at cleaning my kitchen and bathrooms.  Since these rooms get the messiest and the least desireable to clean, the Shark steam cleaner is a true blessing for me.  I already have two Shark vacuum cleaners and the steam mop, so I was quite familiar with the high quality, convenience and efficiency of Shark products.

Since I have a 14 year old son and an 82 year old mom with dementia, there are many messes made in the kitchen and bathrooms in my home.  I have found the Euro-Pro Shark Protable Steamer to leave my tile, bathtub, bathrub seat, commode, sink, counters, microwave and my other appliances and surfaces in these rooms sparkling clean.  I do not use the portable steam cleaner every day, but I do use it a couple of times a week or as I have time.

The only down side to this steam cleaner is that I find it hard to change the accessories on it and I also find it a little time consuming to prepare it for use.  Putting that aside, once I am finished with cleaning with it, I am very pleased with the results.  It really doesn't much more of my time to use this machine than it does to spray chemicals on my surfaces and wipe them down.  I love the fact that I no longer have to use chemicals to have a clean looking and smelling home.  Honestly, some of the odors can get really bad, but steaming them does a much better job of getting rid of the odors over covering them with chemicals.  They tend to return when chemicals are used as opposed to the steamer where the odors are more easily kept at bay.

The microfiber pads for the accessories are easily machine washed and keep their cleaning capabilities.

Overall, this is the perfect solution for the cleanest bathrooms and kitchen I have found in my 30+ years of cleaning.

Disappointed with the Shark Portable Steamer

I have purchased the Shark Steamer Mop and loved it. Now I have seen the Shark portable steamer advertised. When I saw the advertisement, I just knew I had to buy it because I loved the Shark mop and I figured that the Shark Steamer would be great too. I purchased the Shark Steamer at Kohls because it was on sale and I had a 30% off coupon. When I purchased the Shark Steamer, I  took it out of the box and looked at all the attachments. I also looked at the owners manual. I was a little confused on what attachment works for what surface and I was also confused on how to attach the attachments. I finally figured and out and decided to tackle my bathroom, because it use some help. I used it on my tile walls first because they were a bit dusty. I was not impressed because when I used the Shark Steamer on the walls, I could still see some dust. It was also very clumsy to hold on to and clean at the same time. I think I could get the same results if not better if I used a mop and a cleaner solution. Maybe I am not using the product correctly. I will reread the directions and give it another shot before I toss this in the trash.

An okay product that I can live without.

Comments about Euro-Pro Shark Portable Steamer:

I am not that excited about this product, I bought it once quickly in store before reading any reviews about it beforehand and it was conveniently right in front of me. It was a bit intimidating to set up, there are so many attachments and parts that go here, there and everywhere! so that was not very fun. It worked in some parts of my house better than others. Had the best results with it in the bathroom.

It did clean the mildew spots in my shower very well, better than anywhere else I tried it.

Safety
It seems a bit to easy to burn yourself with the steam that comes out of the attachment if you are not careful. I got a little to close for comfort a few times and it did not feel great.

Easy enough to clean and change the water out.

Too many accessories comes with it, they could lower the price and actually lose half of them, that would be a good change.

Just does not seem that durable for the long run, I did not use it very long but it has a cheap feel to it.

It is a really cute design, that is what attracted me to it in the first place. It is not all about the looks though!

Nice product

Comments about Euro-Pro Shark Portable Steamer:

The moment I saw this product, I wanted to have it. It seemed like a great idea for an appliance that could be taken from place to place. I do think that the Euro-Pro Shark Portable Steamer is a very handy thing to have around, too, now that I have bought it. If you are traveling and need to make sure you can steam out any wrinkles in your clothes, it is a good thing to pack for the hotel room. It is also good for when you are going to be traveling in formal clothes (like going to a wedding, for instance), and need to get out the wrinkles in your outfit once you get there. It is overall a good product and I think it is a good buy. However, it definitely cannot compete with larger, more professional models if you have deep, hard-set wrinkles in clothing or curtains. It is a good quick fix, though, and I don't have too many bad things to say about it for what it is. I bought it more or less on a whim, and for the price, it was a good deal.

Sanitation Pro

Comments about Euro-Pro Shark Portable Steamer:

I have always thought that bleach was the ultimate best way to cleanse and sanitize kitchen surfaces. I'm from an older generation so trying new things was something I wasn't comfortable with. That was up until I took the leap pf faith and purchased the Euro-Pro Shark Portable Steamer SC630. Now that I have my Euro-Pro Shark Portable Steamer SC630, I am officially converted. First of all, I love how easy it is to learn hoiw to use. It took me no longer than 15 minutes to get the hang of it and feel like I've had one for years. It deeply steam cleans all of your kitchen. From counter tops, to the kitchen sink, to the stove, to the fridge, even the bathroom! I still love my trusty bleach but the Euro-Pro Shark Portable Steamer SC630 in addition to my bleach regimen keeps my entire household clean and germ free. This is also very durable. I know because I accidentally drop in from over five feet in the air, accidentally spilled water on it and it still works like it's brand new.

steam pro

from Hartman, AR

Comments about Euro-Pro Shark Portable Steamer:

I love this euro pro shark portable steamer. I first used this at a friends house and I really liked what it did so I went and bought myself one. This is one of those must have tools. It is great at getting all those hard to get grease stains. It is so easy to use in all place in the house not just in the kitchen. I use it to get grease off of the stove, and it gets the grease with ease. I use it to get into the grout lines on the back splash of my counters it gets those hard to reach and even harder to clean grout lines with ease. I use it to clean around the sink. I clean the counter tops in my kitchen. I use it in the bathroom. I use it to clean the bathtub and the shower. I clean the bathroom sinks as well with this little pro shark. This steamer works great on all types of surfaces. I use it to get wrinkles out of my clothes if I do not have time to iron them. It is so easy to use. Just add the water and plug in and after the water heats up which is in just seconds you are good to steam clean. You will be surprised as to how easy it is to use and what kind of grim you get off your counters and tubs and sinks.

Commercial is very decieving

Comments about Euro-Pro Shark Portable Steamer:

I am always looking for easier ways to clean. When I saw the commercial for the Euro-Pro Portable Steamer I thought I had a winner. The only thing I really use it for now is to get wrinkles out of clothes. I feel like I got scammed into buying an overpriced clothes iron. It doesn't clean anything like the commercial suggested. It will clean windows, but I tried it on old stains on the back splace, it loosened it up a little, but I still had to scrub. The old stains in the shower wouldn't even budge. Counter tops it will clean since there is no build up. And anything that involves dust just makes a gross mess. I will say I do use it for sanitizing, that works well enough. But be careful, I have an angry pink scar on my hand where I accidentally steamed it. I am not impressed with it at all for the price, and would not recommend the Euro-Pro Shark Steamer unless you only want it for clothes and simple sanitizing.

this product is dangerous

Comments about Euro-Pro Shark Portable Steamer:

I found this product to be dangerous, heavy, and an overall disappointment. I got it ad achristmas gift. It wasn't very useful at cleaning as the commercial states. I tried it on an oven door that wasnt even very dirty and the steam didnt do anything

It didnt clean anything. There was no oooing and aaaing when we tried it the first time. Maybe things have to be filthy for it to perform like they show but thats not usually who buys this stuff

Safety
Mine was extremely dangerous. After 4-5 uses the hose shot off scalding my arm.

I found it bulky for its purpose and slightly heavy. Especially after lugging it around for a few minutes

It wasnt hard to use. It just didnt do remove any yuck i couldnt already clean up without it. I tried using my manufacturers warranty but the owners manual stated an original store reciept was needed. It was a gift and the gifters funny about that stuff so i didnt bother with the warranty assuming it was obviously a loss

It exploded.

Works but Messy

from Tampa Florida

Comments about Euro-Pro Shark Portable Steamer:

After watching this demonstrated on television, thought I would give it a try. I was so surprised on how well it works! It's powerful and gets rid of the grease and grime in the kitchen and bathroom without making a huge mess. We even used it on our car bumper and it took off the bugs without having to use any other cleaners or solvents. So I guess it's environmentally friendly too. We also used it on the brick pavers leading up to our walkway, which worked but of course not as well as a pressure washer. I also used it on my drapes and boy did they come out great. My only recommendation would be that you make sure you don't store it with water in the tank, as it can get a funky smell. Otherwise, happy cleaning!

As I said we use it for the kitchen stove top which gets really grimy and the bathroom tiles. No problems at all. It does take maybe a bit longer than using other cleaners, but it works the first time. Did great on the car bumper but didn't try it on other parts of the car. Used it outside and it does take the mildew off. Don't use it for fabric as I have another tool for that but this worked great on the drapes. It's a pretty universal tool.

Safety
I have to say the manufacturers put some thought into making this for the angle of the head is perfect and the tank is adequate. I don't see any problems with water getting near the electric part of the unit.

No problems cleaning the outside. I make sure when I am done the tank is completely empty and dry before I put it away or else I might get a funky smell. I dipped the top in vinegar to make sure the nozzle stayed clean, but I don't think you need to do that.

It has a good design and is easy on the hands. Not too heavy even when completely full.

I only use it occasionally, I have no idea how long it would last if you used it for heavy duty work or a large outdoor project. I don't think it's designed for that.

Excellent product!

from Holmdel, NJ

Comments about Euro-Pro Shark Portable Steamer:

Does everything expected and more!

Steam is very hot and gets the job done. I love the extra long cord

Very easy to steam clean everything with all the different attachments included I even steamed my oven for very easy cleaning afterwards

I use this product several times a week and it seems very durable

Very easy to handle

Too much work!

from Sanborn, NY

Comments about Euro-Pro Shark Portable Steamer:

This product was is a waste of time and money. It requires distilled water, takes too long to heat and leaks water. Maybe me expectations were too high? I wanted to get sharp creases
when something was pressed without water droplets on fabrics and clothing.

Fantastic cleaner/steamer!

from Canterbury, CT

Comments about Euro-Pro Shark Portable Steamer:

So far , so good! The steamer has worked wonders on my glass surround shower and it removed pet odors from my fabric couch! I do not seem to have the luck with these types of appliances outliving their warranties, but I have had this one for 1 1/2 years and it still works!!