3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Best vacuum I've ever had!

I absolutely love this vacuum! I have a dog and three cats in the house so have lots of pet hair. This vacuum is great for sucking up hair. I will vacuum and vacuum and it sucks up crap I can't even see. Its very easy to empty and its canister is large for lots of hair and dirt colleting.  They don't call this the vacuum the  Pet Lover for nothing. I do hate the hair balls that come w/having pets. The only slight set back is its a little heavu for carrying up the stairs but that doesn't even matter much. It has all kinds of attachments and a extendable feather like duster that u stick into the vacuum and it sucks the crap off of it to clean it for u. It even get up close to the wall w/the side brushes.

Loved it when I bought it, but love is fading

I bought this vacuum cleaner over a year ago and decided on this one mainly because of the "power paw" attachment.  I was hoping that it would make it easier to vacuum my stairs and couch.  Unfortunately it became quickly apparent that the power paw was not going to be a great accessory.  It gets clogged EVERY time I use it (but please note that this is largely because I have a long-haired dog that sheds) and it is not worth cleaning out every time.  I LOVE the washable filters, I have not had to replace them yet, but I am about to replace my second belt already.  I used to have a bag vacuum and I don't think I emptied it enough because it was hard to tell when it is full, so on the Eureka, I do like the bagless canister.  It is easy to empty and easy to see when it needs to be emptied (which for me is every time I use it).  The suction is still pretty good, but already not as good as when I purchase it.  The hose is not as long as I'd like (I don't use the attachments to clean the stairs as I had hoped, the hose is not long enough), but the feather duster is nice and it is simple to go from floor vac to attachment mode.  Recently two of the screws that hold the top on (you remove the top to change the belt) broke off and I am unable to screw them back on, so it rattles a bit, which is annoying.

This vacuum gets most of the pet hair & all of the dirt.

Comments about Eureka Capture Plus Pet Lover Bagless Vacuum:

I love this vacuum. It's easy to use, adjust & maintain. It works quite well, getting most of the pet hair on the first go round and always sucks the dirt away. It really is my favorite bag less in this price range.

Maneuverability
Excellent Maneuverability - It is able to go under furniture, the tools help extend your reach quite high, the crevices are no longer an issue at all and (my favorite) those pesky edges between the wall and the carpet are cleaned thoroughly.

Ease of Maintenance
I love how easy this is to maintain. You don't have to be a mechanic to keep it going. The belts and filters are easy to change. Keeping the brush clean (giving it a haircut) is also a breeze. There's no chance for clogs to block your cleaning efficiency, as all of the vacuum is easily accessible.

Suction Performance
The only "downer" I would say about this model is that you do have to go over some areas several times. Heavy pet hair & hard floors seem to be it's Achilles Heel. However, once you've gone over these areas in the right setting, it only takes a few extra swipes to get it done.

Versatility
I love how versatile my vacuum is. It's reach extends quite high (no more dusty fans, corners, etc.) It goes from hard wood to plush with an easy flip of the switch. Moreover, using the tools & extensions are so easy, nothing seems impossible for me!

I think the design is great. The access & storage of tools, filters, etc. makes them easy to access without getting in my way. There's no fear these tools will be lost!

I bought it new over 4 years ago. It works just as well as it did then. It appears much the same, easily qualifying for a gently used appearance.

No complaints.

from Charleston Afb, SC

Comments about Eureka Capture Plus Pet Lover Bagless Vacuum:

This is a good vacuum that does the job it's supposed to do. The pet attachment is good at removing pet hair from upholstery as long as you go in one direction. If you go back and forth, it deposits it back on. I love the extra long hose for better reach. It's difficult to use on stairs, as it's so bulky.

Ease of Maintenance
Sometimes things get stuck where the hose goes into the canister, so you have to remove some screws and pull the stuff out. Doesn't happen every time, but can be annoying.

• Versatility:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Eureka Capture Plus Pet Lover Bagless Vacuum:

The Eurecka Capture Plus Pet Lover Bagless vacuum cleaner is a a very good product,the complaint's about this product is not merited,the owners are not practicing general upkeep,which means keep filters clean,keep hose clear of debrie and animal hair,and changing rubber roller bands when needed.all devices have a standard up keep in which owners of any device are responsible such as cars ,bikes, lawmowers etc... When hose get clogged up ,run water through,this will dislodge hair or paper. However,make sure to let the hose dry before using the vacum again.

Its Not a Dyson!

from Middletown, NJ

Comments about Eureka Capture Plus Pet Lover Bagless Vacuum:

We have 3 large hairy dogs, one cat, and one rambunxious toddler in our household. We needed a heavy duty vacuum and just could not afford an extremely pricey Dyson. Well, we really shoud have splurged. Because instead, we bought this model. It works, but its not the best. Sometimes, the vacuum just sort or pushed the hair around instead of picking it up. It doesn't get in the the carpet really well, and i have to take time to rake the carpet by hand to really get all the hair out. Compared to our last canister vacuum, this works wonders. But it doesn't get everything. Its also a littleon the heavy side, which is great if you need a workout, not so great if you have a disability. I would recommend this vacuum as far as the price for what you get.

The Eureka Pet Lover is heavy, but makes short work of hair!

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Eureka Capture Plus Pet Lover Bagless Vacuum:

I bought this vacuum after my 15 year old Kenmore Whispertone bit the dust. I couldn't be happier! I was amazed at how much it picked up- from hair to carpet fuzz to just plain dirt- that my old vacuum had left behind. I bought it two weeks ago, and have used it three times a week since then. I have had a full cup of yuck every time I've used it! Also, the power paw attachment is excellent for the stairs and for the upholstery on our couch and love seat. The self cleaning dusting wand I found to be a little cheesy, but it makes my 5 year old love to dust, so it can't be all bad! I gave it four stars only because it is a little heavy to lug up and down the stairs.

I choose this over my 2 Kirby's everytime.

from Parrish, FL

Comments about Eureka Capture Plus Pet Lover Bagless Vacuum:

I ***really like*** my **Eureka Pet Lover Bagless Vacuum**.

I've had 2 Kirby's and have swore by them for years, until I got this one !

This is superior because....it's bagless....all utensils are onboard....it's super easy to keep in new, showroom cleaning condition...and it costs  ***so much less***.

The vacuum power is excellent !  I get most everything with the first try.

I like the "bagless" feature because of cost - not having to always buy bags.

I like having all the cleaning utensils I need right where I am, whenever I need them.

It is really easy to change from floor sweeping to utensil attachments and back again during cleaning.

I especially like the self-cleaning duster attachment, which makes dusting so much quicker.

This Eureka is easier to handle.  My Kirby's were just too heavy to move around and too complicated to change from floor to attachment modes.

When housecleaning is done, the clean up it easier too.

All attachments store on the vacuum.

Just empty the dust catching pan into the trash.

When you have been doing a very big job, it's easy to restore the vacuum to its original power.

Just wash out the filter under the dust catching bin, and even take out the filter spool above the dust catching bin and wash it too.  I wash all parts with liquid hand soap as I wash my hands at cleanup.

Let all parts dry,  put them back in place, and the vacuum is back to full power.

I ***really like ***having  the power, convenience, and accessibility of the great **Eureka Pet Lover Bagless Vacuum,** plus the easy clean up afterward.

I'd buy another one, if I needed too.

powerful vacuum but not very reliable

from Deltona, FL

Pros

Cons

Comments about Eureka Capture Plus Pet Lover Bagless Vacuum:

I got this vacuum second hand and was excited to have one designed for pet hair.  I have two dogs and one sheds like crazy.  This vacuum does a pretty good job picking up the dog hair.  It works best on carpet and upholstery.  When I used it on the ceramic tile (which is most of my house) I have found the dog hair is blown away from the back of the vacuum.  I love the bagless feature.  it's easy to dump the canister when it's full.  There is also a filter to help trap smaller debris and dust which is easy to remove and clean.  Unfortunately, since I got this vacuum 11 months ago I have replaced the belt three times.  The belts are not very expensive but it is a hassle nonetheless.  The front end of the vacuum is rather heavy but the vacuum itself is easy to manuver.  It has a wide head with a light which covers a large area.  It also has a dusting wand but I don't really use that feature.  There are hose attachments that work fine but the hose is not very long.  All in all a pretty good vacuum for my needs.

fantastic

from Deposit, NY

Comments about Eureka Capture Plus Pet Lover Bagless Vacuum:

this vacuum is great for pet hair.  I never had throw rugs or area rugs, my dog and 2 cats would like to lie on them and when they got up their hair remained.  It was an awful chore.  Even laying on the rocking chair would leave hair embedded in the cushions.

Now with my Eureka Pet Lover canister vac this chore is no longer difficult and I am finally able to cover my hard wood floors with area rugs in the winter months without the fear of heavy duty vacuuming.

I would recommend this vacuum to anyone that loves their pets but hates their hair all over the furniture and rugs.

Wow - Inexpensive Vac, great durability

from Saint Michael, MN

Comments about Eureka Capture Plus Pet Lover Bagless Vacuum:

OK -- I've read the reviews on this vac and agree it is a bit heavy, and OK maybe a bit louder than some. BUT when others mention things like 'I have to clean the foam filters too often' isn't that a sign it is working and working hard to remove the dust from your carpet and your home, and maybe a good problem to have ?? After going online and checking out the pros and cons about this vacuum I decided to purchase it and have not been disappointed !! We have 2 kids, 2 adults and 2 cats in our house and I never question whether or not it is up to the challenge. I vacuum at least 3 times a week and it always picks up the cat hair, lint and whatever else it runs into. The tools offer great suction, and the power paw is a cool add on that cleans the stairs in no time. Just like anything else you buy you have to maintain it, I check/clean the filters weekly and change the HEPA filter by Eureka's spec (6 Months) and have never, ever had an issue. For an inexpensive vacuum cleaner, defiantly worth the price !!

Eureka! Not so much...

from Bridgeport, WV

Comments about Eureka Capture Plus Pet Lover Bagless Vacuum:

The Eurek Capture Plus Pet Lover vacuum immediately caught my attention because of the look. I LOVED the yellow! And, the fact it was for pets. We have 4 cats and a dog, so our house gets vacummed daily. Our old vacuum we had for years and years, and it finally just was not sucking up everything it should, so we bought this one. We could definitely tell a difference from our old vacuum. It seemed t work great. We had it for a year, and now it does not work. Thinking back on it, we had a lot of issues with the hose getting clogged. My husband was constantly having to take apart the hose to get the pet hair out of it (isn't this DESIGNED for pet?!) We didn't even attempt to have it fixed, we bought a bissel pet vacuum, and love it!