Other Vacuums:

Eureka Boss SmartVac Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Best vacuum for picking up after 3 active children!

The Eureka "The Boss Smartvac" I have is dark green in color accented with yellow. We use to go through a lot of vacuums because of a single marble, matchbox car or who knows what it sucked up and died (the vacuum cleaner died, we don't own pets.) All of the attachments are clear so  you can see if there is anything stuck in there-paper, hair, the children's homework etc. It comes apart easy too so you can clean it out and presto-suction and a working vacuum cleaner again!

**Carpet-**Does a great job! I don't have to go over the carpet more than once or twice to clean it. It cleans tracked in sand easily. It's even able to handle my long hair and sewing threads. Most vacuum cleaners wouldn't be able to pick it up or it would wind around the roller and have to be manually picked off. Very annoying. It does well on high pile and low pile since the height is adjustable.

**Bare floors**-The roller is able to be stopped for bare floors too. It doesn't get in tight spots when cleaning bare floor though. Sometimes it'll just blow around things like rice, beans or paper.

**Wand-**It's not long enough! It also breaks after stretching it too far. I had that repaired once because it was under warranty. Totally worth it for free but the next time it happens I'll probably just buy another one or I might try a different vacuum. I love switching from floor to tool with turning a knob. The air flow and suction power is great. I love to used this for under the desk or the corners.

**Overall-**Best vacuum I'm owned. I've had it for about 4 years and that's 4 times as longer as the other vacuums I'ved owed. Too bad viewpoints wasn't around then and I could tell you what NOT to buy.

It is nothing but problems.

The Eureka Boss vacuum has been nothing but problems for me. I purchased this vacuum to replace another vacuum. It worked great for about the first month. It picked up all the cat litter and cat hair in my house. The first thing to go was the Turbo nozzle. It broke and would not pick up any hair off the bed. I called the company and they sent me out a new one within a week. Then the hose assembly ripped. I only stretched it a little ways and I could hear air leaking out of it. The company replaced it within a week. I have had it for 5 months and the bottom is shot. You can not push it forward when it is turned off. When it is on it will still vacuum but, the wheels are squeaking and it won't move that well. I took it into the service center and they have no idea why this happened. Just the other day, the hose assemby ripped on me again. Now I am waiting for another replacement.  It is not picking up the cat litter as well anymore. It is still doing pretty good on picking up the cat hair.

Love the vacuum! But it is big!!

Comments about Eureka Boss SmartVac Vacuum:

It is a great vacuum it does a great job and it is bagged which I like. However it is heavy and very bulky and big. So expect to move furniture instead of gliding around it.

Maneuverability
I have a really difficult time maneuvering this vacuum dude to the fact that it is heavy and the base is big. It is difficult to get in tight spaces or under furniture.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to maintain. Changing the bag was very simple and mess free.

Suction Performance
Suction was good could have been better. I had a difficult time with larger pieces of food and trash on the floor.

Versatility
It does have attachments that reach a good distance with there were more attachments.

Design was good however I wish the base and body was more slender. This would be good for open areas not areas with a lot of furniture.

This type of vacuum will last you about 5 years depending on how often you use it and how hard you are on it. You can tell that the plastic is not as durable as other vacuums.

• Versatility:

this is a great vacuum for folks who have pets and kids

Comments about Eureka Boss SmartVac Vacuum:

If you have lots of kids who track in dirt and pets who leave cat or dog hair here and there, this Eureka vacuum is a good choice for you. I like the way it picks up dirt off the floor and pet hair that accumulates on the carpeted stairs and under the furniture.

Maneuverability
Like any large vacuum, the Eureka has it's limits, but overall, I have no trouble getting it into most square corners, and it is light weight enough to use on the stairs, and move from room to room as needed.

Ease of Maintenance
I use our vacuum every day, and it is still going strong. I am faithful about regularly changing the bag, so if you do that I don't think you will have any problems keeping this vacuum running.

Suction Performance
If you need dirt and dust picked up off the floor, if you need a vacuum with enough suction to pick up cat or dog hair, this vacuum is a good choice for you. If the bag is emptied on a regular basis, I have not had any problems with the Eureka vacuum having enough suction performance.

Versatility
I use this vacuum mostly in the house to pick up dirt and pet hair, but I'm sure it would be good for picking up any debris that you deal with on the floor.

I guess design does not matter to me a lot, since the vacuum is stored in the closed when it is not being used, but I do like the placement of the cord, and the height of the handle. It is easy to open and close the bag door.

So far, so good. I use this vacuum almost every day, and it is still going strong. Pet hair can be really hard on a vacuum, and this Eureka is holding up well.

Vacuuming made easy

Comments about Eureka Boss SmartVac Vacuum:

My husband and I decided on the Eureka Boss Smart Vacuum because of our large shedding dog and my severe allergies. We really needed a vacuum that was strong enough to take the allergens out of the carpet as I was cleaning instead of just moving the dust around the air. The Eureka smart vacuum was a really great fit for us.

Maneuverability
I do like that the Eureka boss smart vacuum is pretty easy to maneuver around my house, I have a two story home and I am able to vacuum both upstairs and downstairs quite easily. For the stairs which are a little more difficult I really like the use of the crevice cleaner. It really fits in between the tough areas and really gets everything cleaned.

Suction Performance
I have had my Eureka boss smart vacuum now for over a year and with the proper bag changing and cleaning I haven't noticed a drastic change in suction performance which is pretty rare for a vacuum.

Good Deal for the Price

Comments about Eureka Boss SmartVac Vacuum:

Overall, I am happy with this vacuum. It's great on carpet and really does a good job in pulling up the pet hair from the floor. I am pretty happy with its performance on bare floors as well in comparison to my little Shark bare floor vacuum. It's great at picking up all of the dust and debris that's not too sticky, but your bare floors would still benefit from a run over with a dust mop after you're done. However, it is nice that the air vent points up so it's not blowing around all the dust you're trying to get rid of. I like the suction in the extra tools, but feel like they could do better on upholstery, especially when it comes to pet hair. They're good for corners, drapes, etc., but leave your furniture lacking when you have pets, so you do spend time going over things a couple times to make them look clean when you're using your attachments. Overall though, it does a really good job and won't break your bank like a Dyson would.

Maneuverability
I do wish the head would go under and between things better. In terms of upright vacuums, it's about on par with most other brands I've owned. It's pretty good on stairs because there's a place near the head for you to hold, which makes it better than a lot of other upright vacuums. However, it's still heavy and bulky.

Suction Performance
This is GREAT on carpet, GOOD on hard floors and OK on upholstery. For pet hair on furniture, I give it a 6, but a 9.5 on floors.

• Versatility:

The best vacuum I ever owned.

Comments about Eureka Boss SmartVac Vacuum:

Hands down this I am giving this vacuum a 10. I loved this vacuum. I had purchased this vacuum on sale and it was super cheap quite a few years ago and it seemed to last me forever. My husband got me a new on and that was the only reason I switched. I wish I kept this one instead. I hate the bag less vacuums for one. They just never seem to have as much power and suction. I was cleaning up hair constantly from my long haired cat and this was great for that, even off over sized furniture. I never had any problem finding bags or the belts that fit this vacuum or changing them.

Maneuverability
I have no problem with where I need to get the vacuum. You can always tell when the bag needs to be changed because it does get a little heavier and harder to push.

Ease of Maintenance
Easy to replace the bag and they never made a mess or busted open on me

Versatility
I used this for my furniture too and the attachments fit great in the crevasses of my couch.

It is a little more heavy and bulky than some of the other vacuums out there, but I prefer this design

When I got a new vacuum this one was still going strong even though it was a few years old.

Good suction, poor design

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Eureka Boss SmartVac Vacuum:

We've had this vacuum for over five years. Sometimes it works great, and sometimes it doesn't. We have had to replace the belt about once a year, and I'm always amazed at the improved performance right after the belt is changed. I don't like how the cord holder tab on the back flips down too easily, spilling the cord coils all over the floor. Nor do I like that the attachments on the back don't stay on their storage places very well. The handle portion of the vacuum has also begun to pull away from the rest of the vacuum, and while that doesn't affect performance, I feel like the whole thing is falling apart. It sucks up dirt well, but it's a large and ungainly vacuum. The buttons and levers and switches on it work with varying degrees of difficulty. It's fairly easy to change the bags, but watch them carefully--I recently got a new wool rug, and the vacuum bag filled up much more quickly than I expected from all the wool fibers. I kept vacuuming without realizing it was full, and the whole hose backed up. I was eventually able to clean it out with a coat hanger, but it wasn't easy. I would recommend spending a bit more for something that's better constructed.

• Versatility:

This is the best vacuum I have ever owned!

Comments about Eureka Boss SmartVac Vacuum:

Love this vacuum. It has great suction and does a great job. Attachments are on board which is great. everything is at your fingertips. Easy to maneuver and maintain!

Maneuverability
Lightweight and easy to maneuver

Ease of Maintenance
bags are easy to replace and so are filters

Suction Performance
best vacuum I have had comparing the suction power!

I have had this vacuum for a few years and it is holding up great!

A keeper

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Eureka Boss SmartVac Vacuum:

This is one of many vacuum cleaners we have gone through in this household. So far, we still have it. It vacuums very well. My less than perfect rating is because of all the little things I don't like about it.

Maneuverability
Not as manageable as the new vacuums with a ball, but for one with four wheels, it's adequate and like any other vacuum cleaner we have ever used. It's a bit bulky and wide, though, and doesn't always let us get under things as much as we'd want to without having to move furniture.

Ease of Maintenance
So far, so good. But like with almost all vacuum cleaners, the best is really hard to change out. It's tight, so it's hard to get a new one in place without help. It's a horrible job to do with just one person and one set of hands.

Suction Performance
It's good as a path vacuum. I find that over time it does not suck as well on the sides, so we have to resort using the hose and attachments. Would be a lot nicer if it got as close to the wall as was advertised.

The perfect vacuum

from Mooresville, NC

Comments about Eureka Boss SmartVac Vacuum:

This vacuum does it all! I use it all over the house, and it picks up dirt big time! We have two small kids and two small dogs, and I don't know who is dirtier! I think they are in a contest with each other! So, I vacuum a lot! I use it on all surfaces, hard wood, carpet, even tile. I used to use a different vacuum on different surfaces, so this is a big time saver. It is also very light to me so I can carry it upstairs, which is always a big challenge for me. It also maneuvers quite well around furniture and corners. I can clean it easily as well. I am very pleased with this vacuum considering the price is so great compared to other vacuums! My mop is a robot that cannot handle any hair or a lot of dirt, so it is imperative to do a thorough job of vacuuming beforehand. I never have a problem with hair getting in the wheels since I have started using this vacuum.

A real sucky vaccuum

from Springboro, OH

Comments about Eureka Boss SmartVac Vacuum:

This vacuum realllly gets the job done. We've got pretty cheap carpet in the apartment we live in and this vacuum is literally too sucky. It is so powerful that it pulls out chunks of our carpet. Awesome! But really this vacuum is great, gets the job done, and is pretty affordable.