Other Dog Foods:

Eukanuba Puppy Growth Dry Dog Food

Pros

Cons

Decent puppy food

The Eukanuba Puppy Formula is the food that our breeder has been using for our newest addition so we stuck with it.  She's been using this formula for quite some time so we figured it was a good brand to stick with.  Our puppy absolutely loves the food.  We serve it to him after soaking it in a little bit of hot water so the dry food is a bit softer and easier to go down and digest (we've read this is a method used for puppys to assist with digestion).  We are thinking about switching our puppy up to a higher quality puppy dry food because we noticed that the Eukanuba brand, although good, still contains corn and grains that are not "good" for dogs.  We have been looking into a number of different brands and are thinking about switching to Blue Buffalo (as seen on recent commercials).

Although the #1 ingredient in Eukanuba Puppy Formula is meat, I believe the 3rd ingredient is some type of grain.  I have been pretty satisfied with the food and feel that our puppies fur is continuously growing soft and shiny and he seems to thrive on it, but I would like for him to partake of a healthier diet if I can help it.  If you're budget conscious, this is the route to go though.

Unhealthy food - Not Worth Your Money

My dog used to eat this food when she was a puppy. She did not do well with it. She kept on losing weight, since she could not keep it down. So, I took her to the vet, and the vet said this food is the most unhealthy dog food on the market. It is extremely fatty and not very nutritious for my dog. I promptly switched my little Shih Tzu to Science Diet dog food, and she not only loves it, but it is much more healthy for your dog. Unfortunately it is usually more expensive at the store, or it is for me than compared to the Eukanuba. However, the Eukanuba food is cheap for a reason; it's unhealthy and it is good for nothing but fattening your dog. It is also extremely coarse to their stomachs, so that's why my dog had issues digesting it and would only throw it up. It's better to just bear the cost for the wellness of your dog and buy another brand. I've never heard of any issues with Science Diet, and all the vets I've had strongly recommend it. None of the vets (and these are vets from multiple countries) I've known would recommend Eukanuba...I think that's pretty telling.

Quality of Ingredients
Not very healthy for your dog!

Great food for a puppy!

Comments about Eukanuba Puppy Growth Dry Dog Food:

We started buying this for our Sheltie puppy. The kibble pieces are small so it is easy to chew and provides valuable vitamins and nutrients to help with his growth and development. He loved the flavor and texture and he had no allergic reactions to this brand. Our cat will even munch on his food every so often! We try and prevent it but she is a little ninja! We stopped giving him this food because it is a rather expensive brand. My husband is a Marine, and in case you didn't know, the military gets paid under the poverty level. That being said, we decided to go with another kibble but I am a believer that this food helped him grow into a happy healthy boy! Shelties are a relatively small breed that usually only weigh about 20-30 lbs. He is 6 months and he is now 35 lbs! He is definitely a big boy and doesnt appear to stop growing anytime soon!

Quality of Ingredients
We have been told to look for meat as the first ingredient in the food. This has the meat first and then the meal second. I had done a lot of research before choosing the perfect food and most other consumers seemed to love this brand. So we decided to follow the trend.

Unhealthy food - Not Worth Your Money

Quality of Ingredients
Not very healthy for your dog!

• Flavor Selection:

The best diet to feed your new puppy

from Pacific Grove, CA

Comments about Eukanuba Puppy Growth Dry Dog Food:

I used to breed toy breed dogs, and I always used Eukanuba Puppy Food Small Bites for the transition from Mother's Milk to solid food. I also sent a small bag of Eukanuba with the puppy to its new home. I truly believe Eukanuba to be the best diet you can choose for your new puppy. It gives them full nutrition and a great start to a lifetime of health and happiness.

Flavor Selection
Dry Food - comes in one flavor with a selection of kibble size.

• Flavor Selection:

so healthy for puppies and nursing

from Hiawassee, GA

Comments about Eukanuba Puppy Growth Dry Dog Food:

I have found all of the Eukanuba products to be helpful to my yorkies. I have had the challenge of skin problems historicaly, and this brand seems to eliminate that tendency! Most recently, this is all I would feed my 4 yorkie puppies, as well as their nursing mommy. They have grown to be perfectly healthy and strong.

A Real Winner In Our Books!!!

from Westfield, MA

Comments about Eukanuba Puppy Growth Dry Dog Food:

Eukanuba puppy food rates #1 to both my dogs & myself.. I had been on a troublesome road trying to find a food my puppies Toby & Casey would eat.. I really think I tried them all.. They would just turn up their noses & maybe nibble a little.. That all changed when I introduced Eukanuba to them.. They both ate it in a flash, and I could tell they loved the taste.. I, myself, really trust Eukanuba brand, & feel very confidant knowing I'm feeding them a quality puppy food.. With the added bonus that they love it. I have never seen their coats as shiny.! Try it.!8-)

Decent puppy food

from Placentia, CA

Loved by all my kids!

from Monticello, GA

Comments about Eukanuba Puppy Growth Dry Dog Food:

I have a Yorkie Puppy, an Adult Yorkie, and a cat. They all love this food! Given the small little bites, a senor dog would also enjoy this food too! It's not cheap, but also not the most expensive. I have committed to my children that this is what we will buy from now on.

I don't know about others but our puppy wouldn't touch it

from Savage, MT

Comments about Eukanuba Puppy Growth Dry Dog Food:

The pet shop where we bought our Miniature Aussie gave us a bag of Eukanuba Puppy Formular as part off a starter kit, because that's what they feed them while a t the store, but when we got home our puppy woudn't eat it and he usually he isn't a picky eater at all and he probably wasn't eating it at the pet store either because the same day we bought him the vet said he was a little skinny.

Great Product

from Troy, MI

Comments about Eukanuba Puppy Growth Dry Dog Food:

**I have a Yorkshire Terrier, he is now 2 years old, and this is the the food we started out with when he was a puppy!! it's got all the good nutrients a growing puppy needs, and the size of the food is nice and small for the small puppy's mouth.  We first triesd feeding it some other food brands that we bought at a local pet store, but returned it because our puppy didn't like it.  The first time we poured the eukanuba out on his food bowl, he dug right in, and loved it ever since!  and being a yorkshire terrier his coat is very important to me, and this food i believe kept the coat very healthy.  Now we feed him the adult yorkshire terrier specific formula from Eukanuba. He is healthy, his coat is long and shiny, and oh man does he have alot of energy!!! although it's a bit more expensive then other food brands, I don't mind feeding it to my dogs, they just love them, and won't eat anythng else! **

Eukanuba Puppy Formula Excellent

from Plano, TX

Comments about Eukanuba Puppy Growth Dry Dog Food:

**We have two Schnauzers, a sister and a brother.  We got them when they were 6 weeks old. And from day one, they ate Eukanuba Puppy. They are healthy, shinny coats and have lots of energy.  We have used the Eukanuba brand dog food for over 15 years and is the only brand we buy.  It is a little more expensive but our dogs are worth it!**