Other Body Lotions:

Eucerin Intensive Repair Very Dry Skin Lotion

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Eucerin is my lotion for life!

As a life long dry skin suffer who has literally tried every lotion on the market, Eucerin is the only lotion I buy! I swear by this product! Dry skin runs in my family. I'm not talking about your run of the mill dry skin. I mean very dry, flaking, cracking, peeling, itchy skin. I, as well as my mother and sisters, use Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Plus Intensive Repair Lotion daily. Yes, it's pricey, but this stuff works! We jokingly say "we don't want to live in a world without Eucerin". So, if you suffer from the skin issues I've described above, here's the scoop on this product. For the best results, apply all over immediately after you shower, while your skin is still damp. Yes, this lotion is a little on the greasy side when first applied. Rub it in very well. After about 30 minutes, the greasy feeling is gone. The lotion absorbs and leaves the skin feeling hydrated and relieved. If you apply Eucerin to non-damp skin it will be very greasy feeling. The effects of Eucerin last much longer than any other lotions I've tried. I have found that I will be more inclined to burn from the sun when I use Eucerin. I believe that is, in part, due to the alpha hydroxy it contains. However, I'm okay with that, because I'm fair skinned and try to avoid the sun. Since I live in Florida, if I know I will be in the sun, I just skip the lotion that day. Also, if you do an aggresive exfoliation while bathing, and then apply this lotion, your skin will sting. Best not to try that. In the end, if you have very dry, flaking skin, do yourself a favor and get this lotion! Be certain to buy the Eucerin with the alpha hydroxy though. Other Eucerin products are good and since there are many varieties of Eucerin, it can be confusing. I only buy Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Plus Intensive Repair and I'm convinced it's the best.

Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Plus Intensive Repair Lotion Works

@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page:...Read complete review

@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }

Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Plus Intensive Repair Lotion was one of the items I purchased when I realized that my daughter’s eczema was worsening because of winter. I apply it to her after baths and I really like the squirt top lid for ease when my hands are wet.  It is not really smooth to apply – and it takes a while to absorb, though not as long as the Aquaphor products we also use. This lotion leaves her skin feeling soft, but I don’t feel it counteracts the other agents of winter, like bitter winds and heating systems, as some other products.

I have less sensitive skin, and I feel it is more effective for my needs. I have a spot of dryness on the side of my nose, and my hands and feet get dry in the winter.  I really like how I can use the lotion on my face without any greasiness and no oily feeling leftover.  It works great on my hands as an everyday lotion. I just think it is too costly for an everyday lotion.  However, this bottle is at least a really large size, more comparable to other lotions.

Overall, I love the functionality of the packaging most. I like my soft skin, without obnoxious flowery scents next. I think my daughter’s eczema benefits from it, with the help of other products for longer lasting moisture.

A moisturizing lotion for very dry skin.

Comments about Eucerin Intensive Repair Very Dry Skin Lotion:

Eucerin dry skin therapy plus intensive repair lotion is quite expensive, however it is really worth the cost. This lotion works really well on my driest skin.It is super thick and creamy. It absorbs quickly and completely.

I have never noticed a scent before. I'm not sure if it is unscented or just a very mild fragrance.

Absorption
This cream absorbs quickly and completely. You only need to use a small amount of cream though.

I haven't found another cream that works better for my very dry skin.

• Absorption:

Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Lotion is useful, not a luxury.

Comments about Eucerin Intensive Repair Very Dry Skin Lotion:

Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Lotion is useful, not a luxury. I think there are many reasons we buy and use lotions. Some lotions are purely for the luxurious feeling. They are rich and creamy and have a heavenly scent. Other lotions are more utilitarian. They do a job of moisturizing or correcting a skin problem.

It's kind of like the difference between dress shoes and sneakers. You wouldn't wear dress shoes to run a marathon, and you wouldn't wear your favorite Nikes with that perfect little black dress.

Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Plus Intensive Repair Lotion is the Nike of the lotion world. It is a very strong and purposeful moisturizing, healing lotion. But it is not a luxurious or pampering product.

This lotion is thick and a little greasy. It doesn't absorb completely into skin unless the skin is very, very dry. But it does its job. It does moisturize and attack dry skin.

It isn't my favorite lotion, but it does its job. It's the right product under certain circumstances.

• Absorption:

overall review of eucerin dry skin therapy plus

Comments about Eucerin Intensive Repair Very Dry Skin Lotion:

I have always had very sensitive skin so I always have to moisturize my skin. But, my doctor was actually the one that recommended me this product, so I decided I would give it a try. And, after using this product for a couple days I had already seen a difference in my skin. My skin looked healthier and felt smoother. And I would recommend this to anyone who has dry sensitive skin.

Finally, one that works!

Comments about Eucerin Intensive Repair Very Dry Skin Lotion:

I decided to try Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Plus Intensive Repair Lotion about a year ago, and I am still using it. I have tried many different brands of body lotion over the years, but was never fully satisfied with the results. I am now, however, extremely happy with the results I have achieved with Eucerin's product. My skin can be dry at any time of the year, especially my legs. My legs would look white and flaky due to dry skin. However, this is no longer a problem with this particular lotion. Eucerin's lotion is not greasy, however, when first applied it does leave quite a bit of shine, but this quickly diminishes within minutes. I find that I get the great benefits of this lotion with just one daily application, which was not the case with other brands. Finally, my search for an effective body lotion for dry skin is over with my discovery of Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Plus Intensive Repair Lotion.

Great in the winter

Comments about Eucerin Intensive Repair Very Dry Skin Lotion:

This works very well for my eczema that flares up only in the extreme cold of winter. It has been especially bad with the many many below zero temperature days we have had this year.
I used to use either Jergens, Bath and Body Works, or Victoria's Secret Lotions. Unfortunately, while those smell very good, they were not very effective for warding off the dry skin.
This product may seem a little expensive, but it is worth it since it is so effective.
I scored as a 8 rather than 9 or 10 because I like my lotions to be better smelling.

It does not smell "pretty" or leave you with a good scent. It is not bad smelling, it just doesn't really have much of a scent at all.

Absorption
It absorbs into skin very well. The first time I used it, I put some into my hands with the intent to rub it onto my legs. I then rubbed my hands together and went to put the lotion on my legs and surprisingly did not have much left to use as it had absorbed into my hands! After that, put it directly on my legs!

It does do as it advertises and relieves very dry skin.

• Absorption:

This lotion saved my skin!

Comments about Eucerin Intensive Repair Very Dry Skin Lotion:

When I hit 35 years of age, I was diagnosed with severe psoriasis. As a woman I was horrified to go in public much less be touched. I had tried several other over the counter brands and while a few would relieve some of the dryness, I was still left with the itching, redness, soreness, scales, and constant replication within just an hour. Not to mention either an overwhelming smell or a non-scented that truly wasn't. I felt defeated until I came across Eucerin.

No script the doctors gave me worked. Then I was given a sample of this Eucerin lotion at my dermatologist and I was given a new lease on life. My skin began to heal like magic. The doctors were amazed as was I. Best of all there is no greasy residue. Just a silky-soft feeling left to my once rough, harsh, reddened skin. Thank you Eucerin!

I can't use anything with an overwhelming scent and this lotion comes in fragrant-free.

Super absorption

Even with severe skin psoriasis!

Eucerin Dry Skin

Comments about Eucerin Intensive Repair Very Dry Skin Lotion:

I have tried countless brands of lotion from Jergins , Aveeno , Dove, etc. They have their ups and downs. Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Plus Intensive Repair Lotion can compete with the best of them. It's not too heavy when you put it on. It's pretty effective on extreme dry skin by soothing the burning and itching. Thank God! The only downside of Eucerin is that the smell is not too appealing. It could be a little better but overall I think I'll keep using Eucerin brands.

Effective But Hate the Sticky Feeling

Comments about Eucerin Intensive Repair Very Dry Skin Lotion:

I have extremely dry skin, especially in the winter. We heat our home with a wood stove, which exacerbates the problem considerably. I really like the Eucerin Calming Lotion, but found it just wasn't hydrating enough for winter. After much research I decided to try the Therapy Plus. Overall I find it to be effective for healing dry skin, but I feel it is difficult to rub in and leaves a very stickly, unpleasant feeling. I have found that if I rub it into my skin before I dry off in the shower it is easier to apply, but still leaves a stickly feeling and still seems to take a long time to soak in. Some people stated that they did not like the scent, however, I did not find the scent to be strong or unpleasant. I, personally, prefer to use unscented moisturizing products as I find they are less irritating to my sensitive skin. I will finish this bottle, but I would not re-purchase. That being said, I would not hesitate to try another Eucerin products.

a dry skin fix all

Comments about Eucerin Intensive Repair Very Dry Skin Lotion:

Eucerin is one of the top extremely dry skin healing lotions on the market in my book. With one time of applying this skin lotion my dry patches begin healing. I don't have to keep reapplying this lotion like some other lotions for it to work. It works all day even on all the highly troubled areas like cracked heels and dry flaky hands in the winter time.

I am very sensitive to a lot of highly perfumed products but the scent of this lotion does not bother me. This lotion does not have the best smell to it but it works so well that I sacrifice the smell for the quality product and great results.

Absorption
This product absorbs into my skin very quickly and does not leave behind a greasy residue like some other lotions and creams do. The lotion also after being absorbed helps keep my dry skin under control after just one use.

This is a high quality product that works great even for all those with sensitive skin.

Works well.

Comments about Eucerin Intensive Repair Very Dry Skin Lotion:

I bought Eucerine dry skin lotion because my skin is extra dry from the winter weather. Regular lotion just hasn't been doing the trick. The Eucerine has been working better than regular lotion such as Suave and Cetaphyl because it's thicker and has ingredients specifically for dry skin.
Although I like Eucerine, there are other brands out there that work even better. I have to reapply this lotion a few times a day, because my dry skin invariable comes back. Also, since this lotion is more for dry skin, and less for a good smell, don't expect a wonderful scent. It doesn't smell bad, but it doesn't really smell good. I would say it smells sort of like oatmeal.
I think Keratin lotion is a bit thicker, and works a little bit better for really dry skin.

Just okay. Not particularly pleasant, but not bad.

Absorbs well.

Works well, but you still will need to reapply throughout the day.