Other Body Lotions:

Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Calming Cream

Pros

Cons

Eucerin Dry Skin Calming Cream

I was standing in line at the local Drug Store Pharmacy one day recently and was glancing around at the products on the store shelves. I noticed something that was new to me: it was **Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Calming Crème** on the shelf. I had never heard of this product. I do enjoy several other Eucerin products, but a *CALMING CREME*? What is this? Having had eczema my entire life, I am always on the look out for anything to relieve the constant itching and flaking associated with eczema. This product is excellent. It comes in a fairly large tube with a flip cap and you squeeze it out. It is rather thick, but glides on easily and doesn't leave a greasy or heavy feeling at all. It is also not sticky. I noticed that it felt as if my skin absorbed it quickly, which is a good indication. To me, it means that it is working for me, not just sitting on the surface of my skin. I didn't have to use too much either. A little goes a long way. And yes, it is just CALMING. I like the name too. **Eucerin Calming Crème** appeals to me, because my skin is often irritated or "upset". If I can "calm it down", then that's terrific! As the manufacturers of Eucerin have printed on the tube, this Calming Creme breaks the itch cycle. When you itch, you scratch and this Calming Creme helps to combat that itch-scratch trigger cycle resulting in *"effective moisturization."* I also like the fact that **Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Calming Creme** is fragrance free. It is also safe for children, even as young as two years old, which is wonderful. **My Own Bottom Line:** If **Eucerin Calming Creme** works for someone with sensitive, dry, irritated skin like I have, it will surely be a terrific product for someone with normal skin or dry skin alone (without eczema). Or, if you do have eczema, it might help you as much as it has helped me. *Key ingredients are: * Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate and I noticed that Collodial Oatmeal is included also, which coincidentally is an ingredient in *Aveeno* products. (There's something about oatmeal that is very soothing!) Manufacturer warns to discontinue use if irritation occurs. WEBSITE: www.eucerin.com Manufactured by: Beiersdorf, Inc. Wilton, CT 06897 1-800-227-4703 Tube Size: Net Wt. 8 oz, 226 g. * Hope this helps your skin as much as it has helped mine! Thanks for reading!* (c) gkm.

This was not so great for my children's eczema

I have two son's who inherited my bad skin.  I have battled with eczema for years and really hadn't found anything that worked.  While on a mommy website someone had mentioned using this to help her child's eczema.  I thought it was worth a try and bought some.  It really didn't work so well!  I put it on them after their bath and several times during the day.  While it helped to clear up some spots the majority of their issues stayed.  I feel like this lotion is to expensive and doesn't really deliver the results that my kids need. It also seem to sting them at times.  They would cry occassionally and hold onto a spot that I had just put the cream on.  I don't think I would recommend this to someone who is trying to clear up eczema but probably would recommend it if they had some issues with some mild dry skin.  I also wouldn't recommend putting on a child either since it did sting mine occassionally.

My Favorite Dry Skin Cure Eucerin Therapy Calming Cream

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Calming Cream:

I discovered this in the Newborn Intensive Care Nursery. The nurses used this on my premature baby's fragile skin, and I figured if it was gentle enough for him and effective, I should give it a shot. I love this product. I wash my hands a hundred times and day and they used to be dry and sometimes chapped. This product has fixed that and my hands are now soft and moisturized. The scent is pleasant, not overpowering. The cream does not leave my hands greasy. I keep a tube in my purse, in my glove compartment, in my medicine cabinet, in my nightstand and on a shelf in the baby's room. And I still use the product on my son. I feel good knowing it's the choice of a hospital for fragile babies. Now we both have baby soft, moisturized skin.

Not too much of a scent, which I prefer. I don't want to compete with my perfume.

Absorption
It does not leave my hands greasy. Yay.

My hands are soft as a baby's skin now.

Works Great Treating Eczema

from Va

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Calming Cream:

My toddler would scratch her skin until it bled, she had dry patchy areas on her ankles, knees, stomach and legs. I felt defeated after trying various baby products claiming to treat eczema. I had used Eucerin Calming Body Wash and it was helping so I purchased this for her skin after her bath. I applied as soon as I got her out of the bath tub. It's a thick cream, that has no smell, that absorbs in the skin and leaves the skin feeling smooth and very moisturized. Over time her skin healed and I apply this cream daily to prevent her skin from flaring up. A little cream goes along way, you don't have to apply a lot to get results. I love this cream myself, especially in the winter when my skin stays dry. This is a high quality cream that's worth the cost!

There's no scent

Absorption
When cream is applied the skin is instantly moisturized! This cream is amazing!

I always keep Eucerin Calming Cream in my bathroom because it has helped my toddlers skin when other creams didn't. It works for the driest skin.

Great for dry skin

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Calming Cream:

I enjoy using the Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Calming Cream and the good effects it has on my skin. When I used the cream, it wasn't greasy but it healed my dry skin. Also for some reason, it seemed to have a calming effect and help with my stress. Love this lotion.

• Absorption:

One of the Best Dry Skin Treatments.

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Calming Cream:

All I can say about Eucerin is WOW. I first used Eucerin when it was prescribed to my daughter by a physician to treat her dry skin. It left behind the smoothest moisturized skin and I have been a fan ever since. However the price is more than the average price for lotions and creams on the market. The Dry Skin Therapy Calming Cream also works wonders as a moisturizer and healer of dry skin. It absorbs nicely and a little goes a long way. I once recommended it to a friend with eczema and they were also very pleased with the results. Their skin was to the point of cracking, peeling and scaling. After using the cream however, their skin was nurtured and revived. Also with this product, it has been my experience that if I skip a day or two my skin will still be supple and moisturized. Overall I would recommend this product to anyone who has dry skin or eczema. It's healing properties are amazing.

• Absorption:

Great for dry skin patches

from Texas

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Calming Cream:

When my son was younger he would get little dry patches on his face. They would make him feel itchy and uncomfortable. I asked his Doctor what we could do and she suggested we buy Eucerin. We went straight from the Doctor appointment to the store and bought Eucerine Dry Skin Therapy Calming Cream. We applied it to his face several times a day and before long his face was completely healed. It's a little thicker than most lotions so we don't use it for every day use but it works very well when he gets these dry skin patches every now and then. It's a little greasy when first applied but soon after it really absorbs into the skin just as it should. We always make sure to have this lotion in our house for any time anyone in our family gets severe dry skin. The lotion doesn't have a strong scent at all which is great. It's a little expensive but lasts a very long time so it's worth what you pay. I would recommend this lotion to anyone who has very dry sensitive skin themselves or has children with dry sensitive skin.

Great for eczema

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Calming Cream:

I have eczema really bad on my hands which make it very embarrassing for me when I have to show my hands really bad. I started to use a steroid during the night time and then during the day I would apply this cream about every two hours to keep my hands moist. It absorbs really well, the scent on the other hand isn't as delightful. The overall effect is well worth it. My doctor recommended this and to this day I have very few outbreaks.

• Absorption:

Great all year. Makes the biggest difference in winter.

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Calming Cream:

I have sensitive dry skin I usually use this all winter to keep my skin from turning to sand paper. If you ever get a rash or burn this helps to moisturize the skin and take away some of the pain. I am always washing dishes at work and we use sanitizer water which has bleach in it. I keep this around I can't keep it from washing out the moisture it replaces but It keeps the bleach from stinging in the small cuts on my hands.

I don't like a lot of sent this works fine for me. Its a soft smell from the ointment I don't know what to compare it to powder would be my best guess.

Absorption
When you need something to work fast this does. you can even reapply like 10 minutes later and you skin is silky smooth again. If your doing a lot with water it doesn't stay for long though. Not many lotions will but this seems to stay in your skin longer than other stuff.

Great for really dry sensitive skin. Works right away.

• Absorption:

Great Cream for really dry skin

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Calming Cream:

This is an excellent calming cream that really works well to get rid of dry skin. Overall Eucerin is a great brand and all of their products are great for your skin. I typically will use this product during the colder months when my skin begins to get cracked and dry. This product works great to keep my skin moisturized and healthy without leaving me feeling too heavy or oily.

I really like this product because it does not really have any scent. For someone who wears perfume or has strongly scented shampoos sometimes scented lotions can be a little much. This product is great because you can use it all over your body without stinking up the house.

Absorption
This product works great and quickly absorbs into you skin.

This calming lotion will really leave your skin feeling moisturized and refreshed. I would highly recommend using it during those cold winter months when your skin gets cracked and brittle. It does an excellent job at keeping your skin looking and feeling healthy.

Eucerin helps dry skin

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Calming Cream:

This product is great for sensitive skin. I use it on ALL dry skin areas with absolutely wonderful results. It softens the areas and makes those hard, white patches go away almost immediately. No greasy residue, no skin reactions. Love this product.

• Absorption:

By far the best lotion out there

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Calming Cream:

I cannot tell you all the different amount of lotions I have tried for my incredibly dry skin. Finally, after spending countless amounts of money on several different brands of other lotions that made promises they couldn't keep, I tried this one as a last ditch effort to calm my skin. This is the only one that worked. It was nothing like the other brands. Instead of being watery and not soaking into the skin, Eucerin was thick, creamy, soothing, and actually soaked into the skin instead of just sitting on top and giving no relief. I cannot express how grateful I am to have finally found a lotion that works for me. What makes it even better, is that Eucerin puts out coupons for their products occasionally which enables me to buy four to five bottles at a time as I tend to use a lot of it. My skin is now so much softer and does not look as old as it did since I started using this product. I would highly recommend anyone who is suffering from severely dry or itchy skin to try this product. I will guarantee you will become a fan for life of his product.