Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Eucerin Calming Body Wash

Eucerin Calming Body Wash

Pros

Cons

Even ouchy skin needs a good cleaning.

**This product in a nutshell: **is an uber-soothing daily shower oil that lathers up into a body wash.  We all go through periods where our skin needs major help.  This body wash is ideal for upset skin caused by allergic reactions, interaction with poisonous plants, and/or inclimate weather.

Eucerin Calming Body Wash is an oil that when added to a wet washcloth or body poof, it has a soap-like lather.  It contains natural omega oils and is fragrance-free and soap-free, making it an ideal wash for children and even babies because it is so gentle.  My skin often becomes itchy and dry for a rainbow of different reasons and I have to treat it with some TLC.  At the end of my bath or shower, my skin feels smooth and non-greasy even though this wash has an oily base.

I found this product when I broke out in hives from a negative reaction to a body lotion a few months back.  I was looking for some really gentle and unscented products that would nourish my skin back to normal.  When I use this product, the poof simply glides over skin; there's no need to scrub hard.  After a few uses, whatever skin calamity tends to disappear.  I have used it for rashes and even poison ivy.  It soothed my rashy skin because it is so mild.  The only thing I would change about this product is its lack of fragrance.  I wish it had even a light scent to make my shower time more luxurious, but perhaps that would take away from its medicinal properties.  Also, I have to buy 2-3 of this product at a time for it is commonly out of stock at more than one retailer.

**I give this product 4/5 stars because: **it's gentle enough for everyone, yet effectively cleans the skin.

I Am Not Sure I Would Use This Again

When I had an extended stay at my mom's I found Eucerin Wash in her bathroom. She raved about it and said how it helped her skin. I decided to try it. It is okay, but honestly I am not sure it was that great after using it while I was there. I never felt quite clean.

This is very different body wash. It is more like an oil than a body wash. There is not any soapy action with it, but it does wash off at least partially. This stuff goes on and feels greasy but it does wash off somewhat too. I just never quite felt like I was clean after using it. My skin didn't itch, but it didn't feel like it was right either. I am not sure why, but this stuff reminds me of using Skin So Soft by Avon- it left me feeling icky too. I did notice my mom stopped using it after a while- she developed a reaction to it. I think it was the lanolin product as she is allergic to wool. INGREDIENTS FOR SENSITIVE PEOPLE WHO NEED THAT INFORMATION: Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), MIPA-Laureth Sulfate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Laureth-4, Cocamide DEA, Poloxamer 101, Laureth-9, Lanolin Alcohol, Water, Citric Acid, Diammonium Citrate, Propyl Gallate, BHT.

It is hard to rate the scent of this, as it is really rather scentless. I would like to point out, however, that this product is made mostly of oils, so you will want to smell before you purchase or before you leave the store as oils will become rancid and smell like fish if they do. You don't want to use this if that is the case.

More of a "bath oil", but still a great product!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Eucerin Calming Body Wash:

I honestly think that they should be calling this product a "bath oil" and body wash, but that is really the only issue I have with it. This product is great for poison ivy. Last summer, I got poison ivy terribly and my skin was so itchy. I usually use an oatmeal mix when I have it, but it does not always take care of the problem. I bought this because Eucerin is a good company. This product is more like an oil and I put a bunch on a sponge and used it during my bath. The oil really worked into my skin and relieved some of the dryness and itchiness that is caused by the poison ivy. Also, because I used it in the bath, the product got into the water and helped soothe my skin even more. I really liked this product. It did not have much of a scent, but that is okay. I did not buy it for a scent. It is not a bath product I would use all of the time, but I will purchase it again if I get poison ivy again.

Great For Baby Eczema

from Virginia

Comments about Eucerin Calming Body Wash:

My 15 month old has eczema and it had got out of control. She was scratching until her tiny ankles would bleed and I couldn't find anything to help her symptoms. I received a few samples of this product, Eucerin Calming Wash, and tried it out on her in the bathtub. I had been using a regular baby body wash which dried out her skin. I applied it during her bath, using it all over her body. It went on like oil and when rinsed, it left her skin feeling very moisturized. It didn't lather up like a regular body wash, but I felt confident that her skin was clean. Eucerin Calming Oil has saved my daughters skin, after using for a week her skin cleared up and there was no sign she had eczema. This product contains natural ingredients such as soybean oil and castor oil, so I felt it was safe to use on a baby. I continue to use this product on her at least once a week to keep her skin healthy.

Immediately moisturizes the skin on contact.

No smell

Eucerin Body Wash--Almost Calming

from Aurora, CO

Comments about Eucerin Calming Body Wash:

The positive thing about Eucerin Body Wash is that it is so gentle on your skin. If you have skin issues, like I sometimes do, then you know how wonderful this is. I really, really wanted to love this product. I mean, I REALLY wanted to love it enough to use it everyday. But the problem I encountered was the aroma. I just can't get past the smell of it. I'm not ready to smell like a rarely showered person when I first step out of the shower.

It really does feel great on your skin, if you're a sad soul with skin issues. Gentle yet it cleans. Doesn't feel gross and residue-y afterwards.

Sometimes you encounter products and wonder, is this a bad batch? And I really hope that's what I experienced. Otherwise, I would have to assume to that the folks at Eucerin have lost their sense of smell. And when you're in the shower, with that aroma filling every bit of air around you, trust me--there's no escape.

I Am Not Sure I Would Use This Again

from Podunk, NY

Eucerin Calming Body Wash is an oil to calm itching skin

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Eucerin Calming Body Wash:

Eucerin Calming Body Wash is a different kind of body wash to any I have used before.  Most are similar to soap and have a floral fragrance.  Well, Eucerin is totally the opposite.

It come in a gold colored bottle and states on it "Daily Shower Oil.  Mildly cleanses with omega oil for dry, itchy skin.  It is non-drying and fragrance free".

So I decided to have my shower at night, I put some of the Calming Body Wash on my sponge and applied it to my skin.  It is an oil and did feel oily on my skin.  I then rinsed myself under the shower, and patted myself dry with a towel.

I felt my skin after using it and it didn't feel any softer than before my shower.  What I did notice was an area on my hand that I hadn't rinsed all the oil off, and it felt a little greasy.  My skin did feel clean.

When I got into bed, I had no itching on my feet, which sometimes happens.  I honestly cannot say whether it was the Eucerin Calming Body Wash or not.

I do like the product but am not sure if I would purchase it again.

Best for what it doesn't do!

from Geneseo, IL

Comments about Eucerin Calming Body Wash:

Eucerin Calming shower oil shouldn't be confused with a body wash.  It does work into a slight sort of whitish lather if you put in on thick enough (I do not use a body sponge or net (just my hands).  BUT - having used it all winter, I can say that it is a great product.  Normally I have to use lotion every day during the winter.  This product is so gentle that I rarely applied lotion (except for after shaving my legs).  It doesn't leave any detectable greasy feeling at all.  I haven't noticed any strange residue in my shower.  It doesn't have the best fragrance but it isn't bad.  I am very sensitive to smell - others probably wouldn't even notice.

I am very value concious and I would purchase this product again.  It also seems to last a long time.  You don't need to use very much.

Eucerin Calming Body Wash works!

from Lenexa, KS

Comments about Eucerin Calming Body Wash:

Between the frigid outside air and the hot inside air, I get super-itchy, dry skin during the winter. I was looking for something to help relieve it, so I decided to try Eucerin's calming Body Wash. When I first used it in the shower, I was suprised at the blandness of it. And by "blandness" I mean two things: 1) the consistency of the wash is light...I guess I was expecting more of an oil, and it just seems like a really thin wash. 2) it doesn't really create a lather...just a little bit of bubbles, and then it's gone. I expected more of a feel to it, like it needed to be thicker or something. The smell is pretty nice, and I can tell a difference in the dryness of my skin. Not a huge change, but I think if you use it with a moisterizing lotion, it does help relieve dry, itchy skin.

love it

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Eucerin Calming Body Wash:

this is amazing for people with eczema. we have tried everything for my daughter and nothing worked until we tried this. it works wonders on her eczema. most other products give her a burning sensation but when we washed her with this she actually sighed, and afterwards her skin looked so much better

Great winter moisturizer

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Eucerin Calming Body Wash:

Eucerin Calming Body Wash is a great winter moistruizer. I have very dry and flaky skin in the cold dry winter months. This is one of the best products I've found to help restore moisture to my dry skin. This body wash is not like your normal body wash since its a mixture of oils. It goes on very smooth and doesn't give the same amount of bubbly lather you get in normal body washes.  It does however gently clean and seems to help lock in moisture. It rinses cleanly and your skin feels moisturized as it rinses off. I'm hesitant to let it double a s a shave cream when I shave my legs but I'm guessing ot would work great for that as well. I've noticed It can be a bit on the expensive side in comparison to other regular body washes   SInce I have yet to find a similar prodict from any other company I fully believe it is well worth the money. If you are looking for something to helpo combat dry winter skin Eucerin Calming Body Wash is a great product to try

I'm going to buy a bottle for my mom!

from Athens, GA

Comments about Eucerin Calming Body Wash:

My skin gets extremely dry and itchy as soon as there's a touch of cold in the air - I can't tell you the many different products I've used over the years to combat this problem.  I began using the Eucerin Calming Body Wash two weeks ago and I can already tell a difference, my skin is less flaky and itchy. It has a mild lather, rinses cleanly, and leaves my skin soft but not greasy.  I was worried about it making the shower slippery, but so far that has not been a problem at all.

I'm planning to take a bottle of this to my 79 year old mother who has extremely dry skin - I think she'll love it, too.