3.1

3.1

Pros

Cons

• Available Plans:

Great company, and service with Esurance.

I was driving home when a car pulled out and hit me. I was fine, but my car needed repairs. The other driver had Esurance. He gave me the details, and told me that I could phone them.

As soon as I was home I reported the accident, and they gave me a claim number. Someone phoned me back that same day, and said that an adjuster would be out the next day. He came out, checked the vehicle, got on the computer and phone, asked me who I wanted to do the repairs, and handed me a check.

The repairs took about a week, and Esurance arranged for a rental for me, while this was being done.

Their service was so great that we asked them for a quote for our insurance. They were cheaper than The Hartford, so we went with them. We only stayed with them for a year, because Wells Fargo Bank offered us more insurance for less money. We had to change, but I can't praise them enough for their efficiency.

On our next renewal if they are cheaper, then we would certainly go back to them.

Totally on the ball.

Available Plans
Had one that saved us money on our premiums.

False Promises-Beware of Bait and Switch

Do not get esurance for your care insurance. About a year ago, I switched from Geico to Esurance. My monthly premium for Geico was $165.00. When I called Esurance for a price quote, I was very excited and happy to get a quote for the same coverage for only $95.00! Well about 5 months down the road, I had a fender bender. I hit a tree and my front was damaged but my car was still drive able. I called and spoke to the Esurance customer service representative and they assured me that if I had claimed this accident that my monthly premium at most should go up a few dollars, if that. Well I just received my new policy and my rate went from $101.00 per month to $270.00. An increase of $170.00 (or 170% increase, if you do the math). I thought this was a joke but after speaking with the manager for more than a half an hour she said that they were sorry and the reason why my rate went up was because of my fender bender. They kept apologizing, of course, but couldn't reduce my rate. I have been driving since I was 19, I am 35 now, never filed a car insurance claim and because I got a minor accident my rate goes through the roof. I have been a very safe driver for all these years and I can't believe that they are trying to screw me. This is literally, highway robbery, even the Mafia isn't this bad! I will never go back to them after all the promises of them saying that they are the best and my rate wouldn't go up at all. I would understand a few dollars but to go from $101 to $270 is absurd. They make all these promises in the beginning but never follow through. Complete waste of time and money! Never again!

Outrageous Fees

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Esurance:

I made the mistake of changing insurance to save a few dollars. After only 5 months, esurance increased my auto premium by $70, claiming I no longer qualified for the "new customer discount". Then when I found another insurer & cancelled both my auto & homeowners policies, esurance charged me "cancellation fees" to the tune of $70. Is this how they show all their clients appreciation for their business? My advise: take your business to ANYONE but esurance. They'll find a way to screw you too!

Don't buy Esurance

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Esurance:

I would advise against buying Esurance auto insurance. Esurance was the lowest price initially when we moved to Texas so we went with them. The first renewal period our premium increased 25%. Then we moved down the road 10 miles and even after a multi-policy discount (we added homeowners insurance), our premium went up another 15%. We will be shopping for different auto and homeowners insurance.

Cancelling after 1 month

from Bethlehem, pa

Comments about Esurance:

We got esurance for our homeowners because they were much less expensive and had decent reviews but dont be fooled. We received a letter today stating we had a critical repair that needs to be done or our policy would be cancelled. The interesting thing is we had a home inspection AND appraisal done before purchasing this house and both scored the roof as good condition. Esurance will not accept those documents. Also because our foundation is stone our rate increased over $100... why wasnt this an option when we sigmed up? The woman i spoke to said because stone foundations are very rare.... really? Every house on my street and probably 50% in my city are stone bevause its a historic town... cancelling them immediately.

Claim Payment avoidance

from Forest Grove OR

Comments about Esurance:

On January 1st of this year, while traveling on Pacific Ave between Forest Grove and Cornelius, a driver entered the highway from a driveway on the north side of the road, entered the center divider while speeding up, and pulled into my vehicle. It happened fast enough that I did not have time to react to avoid the collision. We both pulled to the right shoulder of the road immediately to exchange personal and insurance information. He told me that he didn't see my vehicle as he sped up to merge. I asked how he couldn't see a 2007 Chevy Tahoe that has automatic daytime running lights, to which he simply stated again that he did not see my vehicle. Based on the other driver's insistence that he would insure his insurance company would cover all repairs and his pleading that I not let the police sort the accident out, I felt it best to immediately contact the police and report the accident.
When the police arrived, he and I both provided a statement (police report is attached). The investigation seemed to take longer than I thought it would. It turns out the reason for the length of the investigation is that his Washington driver's license came back as being suspended, so he was going to be cited for the accident. Though there was evident body damage, my vehicle seemed to be in good working order, so after the police left, I continued driving the vehicle. I was a little rattled by the suddenness of the accident, so I decided to go find a parking lot and park for a bit to settle down. I also decided that I would forgo the errands I had intended and try to make a little money driving for UBER.
Immediately upon returning home that evening I completed an accident report for Oregon DMV, and filed a claim online with my insurance company (Esurance). I received an email on January 2nd from Esurance informing me of the claim number and adjuster assigned to the claim. (insufficient room for complete review)

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great while I was with them!

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Esurance:

Never had a problem with esurance. They treated me well and gave me a great rate. They saved me over 50% off of MetLife that we had before. Save 600 dollars if you can believe that. We are both good drivers and never had to file any claim with them. So I can not review based on the claims but customer service treated us great and always was prompt on following up on our questions. We have recently switched because of an even better rate that esurance tried to beat but could not. I would go back if we got a better rate from them again!

Esurance Home Insurance

from Michigan

Comments about Esurance:

I would not advise your worst enemy to have them for home owners insurance. They collect but do not support their customers when they are needed. They are rude and very unprofessional to deal with. Do not insure your home through them.

Not worth your money

from Covington, Washington

Comments about Esurance:

if you have a claim they try to total your vehicle for less than you can sell it for. you wait months to get a response, you leave them messages and they do not call you back. They send you information that they need and say ' we have been trying to contact you....' which is a lie because you only have a cell and they have left no messages.

RIP OFF CANCELLATION FEES

from Denver, CO

Comments about Esurance:

I was with this insurance company for 5 years and many rate increases. When I went to cancel my policy they charge a $50 cancellation fee unless you stay with them until the end of 6 months, when the policy renews. There is no loyalty to their customers. Don't go with them no matter how cheap they are!

Bad decision to get Esurance by Allstate...

Comments about Esurance:

I had such a bad experience in less than 15 days of looking into Esurance and saying ok.
It was fast, brief, lied too, and penalized for wanting to change something on my so called policy that didn't take effect until the day the payment went out. I was very foolish, actually I feel stupid even thinking that an insurance business over the internet and a phone call by some guy that gives you his phone number, name and extension an oh yea, he is from Sioux Falls, SD and blah blah, he ran me through the policy so fast and I lelet him do it.. Then he calls my daughter out in the West Coast in the middle of a work day to get her permission. They should be shut down... I can't say enough bad about then they took the money and then you cancel and they take over 1/2 the amount you paid for 2 months all most and send you a tiny amount pack. so 10 % stock back fee or soething stupid like that. BEWARE...

Customer Service
Not helpful at all. Emails are slowly answered. The don't tell the truth.

Available Plans
Oh sure, they can tell you anything they want you to hear, and boom when they got you you don' t hear another word from them. Kevin from Sioux Fallls, SD I am sure it is not his name and he even gave me his extension number and I got his voice mail but do you think I ever got a call back. NO!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me sick with disgust...

• Available Plans:

This company does not care about people, only about money

Comments about Esurance:

Customer service gave me wrong answers, the contract can't be cancelled without a fee and the company does not care to fix it's mistakes without me paying for them to do it.

Customer Service
3 people gave wrong info at customer service. And when it cost me time and money, the did NOTHING to fix it.