3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

Ester-C Gummies convinced reluctant vitamin-takers

I eat a healthy diet with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, take a daily multivitamin, and in cold and flu season, I supplement with additional vitamin C and echinacea to keep my immune system in tip-top shape. As a busy mom of two preschoolers, I'm always around germs but can't afford to get sick myself.

I have no problem swallowing giant horse pills. My husband, however, is a different story. I've tried all sorts of things to get him to take a multi-vitamin or an immunity boosting supplement. Clever reminders, chewable tablets, and drink mixes all failed. Finally, he tried a sample of a gummy multivitamin and said, "If you want me to take some vitamins, get me some of these!"

Next time he got sick, I went straight to the store and bought several bottles of the Ester-C gummies. Finally, I have found a way he will take some vitamin C when he is starting to feel sick. These gummies have 500 mg of vitamin C in them, so you only have to take two to get a good boost for your immune system (though I'm sure he would consider that a drawback since they taste so good). I'm trying to keep my hands off of them, because I can't afford to run out of them so quickly!

The texture is VERY chewy. They do have calories. They are a little expensive for how few are in the bottle (essentially a 30-day supply). But they taste great, and I will gladly pay it to get my husband to take vitamins, thereby keeping germs away from our house, and cold and flu season less disastrous.

Ester-C Gummies taste good, but in the end they're not worth it.

I received a sample of Ester-C Gummies in the mail.  I love anything "gummy", so I was eager to try them out.  A sample pack provided two gummies, which is one of two servings adults need per day.

**Ester-C Gummies **are a type of Vitamin C that is patented because of its ability to be absorbed better in the body compared to regular Vitamin C pills or capsules.  This new gummy form of Vitamin C contains 500mg of Ester-C and also contains 54mg of calcium per two gummies.  They do not contain any artificial flavors, but they do contain corn syrup and sugar.

My initial impression of these gummies was that they had a sugary feel to them in my mouth that I wasn't really crazy about.  Yes, they are gummy, but not like you would expect.  Unlike gummy bears or other gummy supplements that I've tried, these are really chewy and slightly gritty from the sugar it contains.  I do have to say that I really like the orange flavor though.  They taste exactly like orange juice!  They do contain 25 calories per serving, so if you take the recommended dosage of four a day, you're also tacking on 50 calories.  Seems unnecessary to me.

I personally get enough Vitamin C in my diet, so I don't need to take it as a supplement.  I think the calories and texture of these make them "average".  There's nothing better than getting Vitamin C directly from fresh foods, so I would only recommend these to someone that doesn't get enough Vitamin C in their food and/or just cannot swallow pills.

Gummies for those on the go. Easy to just take one.

from New Jersey

Comments about Ester-C Gummies:

Was a good alternative to swallowing a pill. I was first introduced to this product in a store where they were handing out samples and I had decided to try one. The taste was very pleasant as well as the price. The best was that is was so easy to take each day as you didn't need to get water or another liquid to wash it down. A good source of Vitamin C. I would definitely recommend this product to working and non-working individuals. Vitamin C especially helps in the winter to keep colds and flu away and what better way but to use a "gummie" vitamin to help. To date my older kids now take them too. They are very convenient and simple to take. for once I don't have to remind everyone to take them. My daughter who was not happy with vitamins now can't wait to take them which makes one more part of my day much easier. This is such an excellent source especially when the seasons change and you can't go outside.

ester-c gummies

from Georgetown, KY

Comments about Ester-C Gummies:

I really enjoyed getting to eat some gummies for my vitamin C rather than take a pill. I took these for a good 6 months. Now I can not find these gummies anywhere in my local grocery stores. I really liked that even though these are priced higher I could always find a good coupn to pair with them to make them a good price. The flavor of these is unconvential but I still really liked them rather than taking a pill. The gummy is a sweet tangy kind of sour concotion that I really grew to like. If you look around too these often go on sale for bogo so that is another way to get these at a great price. I think since they go on sale all the time that is why I have a difficult time finding them because they are always sold out.

Priceless product

from White Plains, NY

Comments about Ester-C Gummies:

When I had colds I took vitamin c or drank orange juice but never found relief. A friend of mine in Florida told me about ester c and now I keep it at home. The moment I feel like I'm getting sick, I take about 1000 units every 2-3 hours. Extra is throw out of the body. The result is that I don't actually fall sick. I have found that whenever I feel like I have a low immune system or feel under the weather, I take it for a few days and it instantly peps me up! The body absorbs ester c and metablolizes it better than vitamin c, and I feel a difference within a couple days. Ester c can be found in most drug stores and sometimes the larger bottles are on sale, or buying a couple at once gets you a better price.

Great tasting cold supplement

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Ester-C Gummies:

I recently started taking Ester-C to help build my immunity during cold season. With little ones, it's really hard to have any time under the weather, so I was willing to try anything that might help. It does have a nice orange flavor, but it is a bit sour. Personally, I'd rather chew up a tablet quickly and rinse it down with water rather than having to drink a full 8 ounces of this stuff, but for those who don't like chewable tablets it's a good option. I can't swear by the effectiveness, but (so far) I have managed to stay healthy this cold season. The one thing that does concern me is side effects of taking such massive doses of vitamins - one packet contains 1710% of the daily value of vitamin C and 417% daily value of B-12. So I think I'll definitely use this in moderation.

Ester-C is my secret weapon during cold season!

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Ester-C Gummies:

I've been using Ester-C Immune Support 1000mg To-Go for a few months and I have no doubt that it has played a huge role in helping to keep me healthy during cold season (and I'm a teacher!). This might sound a little crazy, I know, but after the first packet I instantly felt a difference--which my husband suggested was likely because of the B vitamins which play a huge role in maintaining energy. The little packets are incredibly convenient and the powder dissolves easily in a glass of cold water. I usually drink it in the morning with my bowl of cereal or before I have my coffee.

My only complaint is that even though the formula claims to be stomach-friendly, but I find that it does tend to make my stomach a little sore after a few days, so I've switched to only taking it six days out of the week instead of seven. That said, I haven't noticed a difference in my health so it must still be working. I highly recommend this product and don't plan on switching back to pill vitamins any time soon.

Ester C 1000mg

from Boyertown, PA

Comments about Ester-C Gummies:

I went to the vitamin store to find Emu oil and I came home with that and also a bottle of Ester C,1000mg.I listened to the sales pitch and thought I can't go wrong with this.Well  I know Ester C is very good for you,but not in this dose.Especially for those of you who have hemorrhoids.I learned the hard way.So beware.I do recommend Vitamin C ,but not this high dosage for someone with hemorrhoids.

great for colds

from Paramount, CA

Comments about Ester-C Gummies:

We use to take regular vitamin C and was recommended to switch to Ester C since your body absorbed it better.  I highly recommend this product to anyone, it is an amazing product.  Ester C can help you prevent colds, stay healty and feel great.  With this product you do not have to worry about weither you are getting the right amount of vitamin C in your system since your body absorbs it all and doesn't wast it.  It also comes in different flavors

Ester-C Gummies fight for me

from Norcross, GA

Comments about Ester-C Gummies:

I started taking the Ester-C vitamin C gummies a few weeks ago, and I have been very impressed. I work at a university and there has been something going around, but thus far I have been able to fend it off and I think that it has a lot to do with the fact that I have been taking these vitamin-c gummies. They give 24 hours of immune support (500 mg of vitamin c), but I take them twice a day so I have extra support. They taste ok - not as good as I had hoped, but they don't taste bad either, which I know was a possibility when taking gummies. Plus, they are kind of large and have a bizarre texture, but since its not something I swallow, its not a huge problem. Also, they kind of stick together so the bottle looks like one giant vitamin-c mush, but this has not been a problem either.

I would recommend taking these vitamin-c gummies, especially if you are like me and you don't like the chalky taste of regular vitamin-c pills.

bad smell and POP when you open it

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Ester-C Gummies:

i opened a bottle of these and it popped like a champagne cork and smelled like chemicals...i just finished a bottle and had never had this happen before so i knew it was WEIRD...called to explain and thought they would replace it -- SAID THEY CHANGED the GELATIN and get 10 calls like mine EVERYDAY but swear the vitamins are safe.....chemical smell...i think melamine....and plastic....nothing i want in a vitamin.....the customer "service" rep was combative, insulting and useless -- I WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN and you should beware!

Should be Vitamin C Yummies!

from Mechanicsville, VA

Comments about Ester-C Gummies:

I bought these gummies with a skeptical disposition. I had received a free sample of these vitamins about a month before but had not purchased them. Then, as with most new or pricey products I try, there was a two for one sale at my grocery store. I purchased the bottles and brought them home.

My kids flipped over them. They were so excited that I was asking them to eat a gummy. I tend to stray away from fruit snacks and things of that nature, but this seemed harmless enough. The cute orange shape makes it even more delightful to eat. The twenty-five calories are such a small price to pay for such a fun way to eat my vitamin C.