Other Anti-Aging Skin Cares:

Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

Pros

Cons

Fabulous product for us old (and young) gals

I love Estee Lauder. I have been using their makeup since I was a young woman. I started to use their skin care products for "older" skin over the last 7 years.  It is easy to use, feels fabulous on the face and it works! It is a little pricy but I will pay for something that I feel is good for my skin. My daughter just recently started using Estee Lauder skin care and she also loves it. It is the only brand that has helped her "breakout prone" skin to become smooth, soft and blemish free.

This Refinisher will minimize pores, until you wash your face.

Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher will minimize your pores temporarily. If you have pores that are larger than you want them to be, this will reduce them in size. You will notice it after a couple of uses. It firms up your skin a little too. It has a nice texture and smell to it. It also helps reduce shine in certain areas of your face. It works best on reducing shine on my forehead. I use it on more places than it says to use it. My skin feels a little softer after using this for awhile. It is easy to apply and it absorbs quickly. It is not oily. I think this product would work great on sensitive and oily skin. It will not clog your pores. It will make your pores shrink or minimize them. The problem is that it only works until you wash it off, then your pores will re-surface. That drawback is a big deal. I think this product will work on “all skin types”. It will give your face a fresh and younger look; at least it did for me. It comes in a very cute, but very small container. It is not going to last long. It is very expensive. The benefits are not worth the price. You can buy this alone, or once in awhile, try it in a “gift with purchase”. You’ll have to try it yourself to see if you like it. I give it a “5” on a scale of “1-10”.

Works nicely, but too small a bottle for the cost.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher:

I did not notice a difference immediately after using this product and that was frustrating, but I was patient and did notice that my pores were made smaller after about three days. My skin was also softer and looked younger. But this skin refinisher did not last long for me. The bottle is really small. I used it every day and only a little bit at a time and I still ran out way before I would have run out with other products. This product is very expensive (as most Estee Lauder products are) and I was not able to purchase it again after the first time. I wish I could use it again because it really did help lessen the appearance of my pores and it seemed to revitalize my skin to look younger. The color of my skin was more vibrant and as I said, it was softer. If I had more money, I would definitely purchase this skin refinisher again, but because of the cost, I cannot recommend it.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Not impressed with the product

Comments about Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher:

I loved the idea of this and wanted to love the product, as I have enlarged pore problems around my nose and chin, but was not impressed. I just didn't see any difference between when I used it under or without make up, and when I didn't shouldn't a product you put on your face make you go whoa!? well yes, it should and no this did not.

Absorption
absorbs really strangely, always felt sorts sticky and glue like on my face afterwards, and then seemed to leave a white cast on my face all day.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I didn't have any adverse effects as far as breakouts from using this, but then again I didn't use it so very long to begin with.

I didn't see a difference, my pores didn't visibly diminish or disappear from use, and for the price I paid that's pretty bad, really wish I had started out with a sample instead of impulse buying because I was so very excited about a new product.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

This Refinisher will minimize pores, until you wash your face.

from Stockton, CA

Does its job

Comments about Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher:

As a person who has been haunted by big pores all her life, I absolutely love the Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher! This is one of THE most important products that I use. After cleansing and toning, I apply this product to my skin. It makes my pores look so much smaller and seem less clogged. The Refinisher leaves my skin feeling so so soft and never breaks out my sensitive, breakout-prone skin.

My skin is far from perfect, but the Refinisher gives the illusion that it is without my wearing any makeup. This serum contains silicones, antioxidants, whitening agents, and moisturizers. After continued use, my skin is more toned and evened out as the serum has corrected my skin's tendency to redden. The Refinisher also makes makeup go on a lot easier, as the skin becomes silky soft, even without the use of primer.

This product is worth the money! I have used this serum for a couple years now, and see no reason to stop.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

cool but way too expensive

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher:

I never actually bought this product but several times I received a sample as part of the gift with purchase promotions in department stores. I really enjoy using this product but I cannot ever imagine buying it due to the its incredibly high price. It's a good product but does not do miracles. I love the way it smells, it's divine... i like its consistency as well because it absorbs really well and fast and does live your skin feeling smoother. Sine it has something sparkly In it, it leaves your skin glowing. Unfortunately I have not seen a dramatic difference after applying this product and I don't think that it is the kind of treatment that gives results over time. Honestly, I cannot imagine this serum to be absolutely necessary to anyone. It really is just an extra step in your daily morning beauty routine and more of a splurge. I am happy with just the samples I receive every so often and I use it to enhance my skin for special occasions.

Great for large pores

from Edina, MN

Comments about Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher:

I first used Estee Lauder Idealist Pore MInimizing Skin Refinisher when they gave me a few samples at the Estee Lauder counter. I had actually gone in to buy a foundation and they applied this before helping me try on a foundation for my skin color and tone. I have oily skin and large pores, mainly in the T zone, although cheeks as well. I have tried different brands and creams and such, but nothing has really worked well. I have just started using this product and really like it already. I can see that my pores have tightened and they are less visible and noticeable. It is also a great primer for before you put on moisturizer and foundation. I know it is a little pricey, but I would like to buy the full size bottle as I believe it will last a long time and help the appearance of my skin. When I received the samples each sachet contained enough to use more than one time, so the full size bottle should last awhile.

Creates Smoother Skin

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher:

I was a little scared of the high price of this product, but soon learned that it is definitely worth it and a very high quality product for your skin. I use this in the morning after washing my face and it goes on easily and really protects and improves the look of your skin. I noticed a huge difference in the texture of my skin after just a few uses. The jar is pretty small but only a little is needed for your face. It quickly absorbs in your skin and works to create softer and smoother skin. This really reduces oil and acne prone pores to give your skin a great look.

Absorption
This is absorbed so quickly that you barely feel it on your face at all. I love that it feels oily when you put it on your skin, but then it feels like nothing all day.

Doesn't Clog Pores
This doesn't feel oily or greasy at all on your skin and actually makes your pores less pronounced and reduces blemishes.

This works so amazing on your skin and is definitely worth the price. I noticed a great change in my skin in the first week of using. It reduces my pores, and creates a smoother texture on my skin.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Idealist is worth the money

from Madison, AL

Comments about Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher:

Do you love fashion?  Do you love beauty?  Is your skin Normal/Combination skin?  If you answered yes to all of these questions then this product is for you and you should keep on reading.  There is a way for your pores to actually become smaller from using a lot of foundation, etc on your face.  Even if you don't use any of this on your face and you want your face to feel nice and smooth and you would like to have a wonderful smell as well added naturally by plants to your face, this is the way to do it.  Just apply every morning and then your moisturizer.  You will see a difference in how your skin looks and feels.  I know I have.  Make sure to check with a consultant on the type you should buy first.  This is always a huge mistake people make.  Your foundation will feel smoother when going on and your whole face feels lighter.  You just need a little not a lot of this when you pump the bottle.  A little goes a long way!

It's always good to start the anti aging creams when you're young!

Love it

Ease of Application
Easy. Just pump it.

Side Effects
None that I know of.

Immediacy
Works great!

Fabulous product for us old (and young) gals

from Carson City, NV

Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!

from Irvine, CA

Comments about Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher:

Estee Lauder's Idealist Pore Minimizer is my favorite beauty product on earth! This product leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft, reduces my pores and makes my skin look amazing. I cannot give this product enough praise. The only downside to the Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizer is that it is pricey. I always try to buy Idealist when there is a gift with purchase or other incentives for buying Estee Lauder products so the price doesn't seem as bad.

I am in my mid-20's and my mom always buys Estee Lauder. I've always  thought of Estee Lauder as the "mom brand" but I am now an avid user after getting first hand results from the Idealist product. If you are interested in trying Idealist, I would recommend buying the 1.7fl oz size because its a little cheaper than the smaller bottle and I can guarantee you that you won't want to return this product. If for some reason you do, Estee Lauder will refund you. I highly, highly recommend this product!