Other Foundations:
Estee Lauder
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup

Great Extended Coverage

**Estée Lauder**** Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup SPF 10** really does stay in place longer than other foundations I've used over the years.I have very oily skin and it seems no matter what I do or try I find that my foundation has dissolved and found its way into the fine lines I've acquired from living and laughing or just slipped off my face completely.  In the end I feel like I've wasted that beauty queen drama time in front of my mirror.  No matter what the company claims about how long their product lasts, on me it doesn't stay put. So, I am always on the search for a better product - one that will actually hold up to its claim to stay all day.  I've been using **Estée Lauder**** Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup SPF 10** for over 7 months and it seems to be holding up its end of the bargain.  I see weather extremes from cold dry or damp winters to very humid summers.  All which affect how long my make-up lasts.I've found over the years that I will never get as many hours as the product claims.  However, with **Estée Lauder**** Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup SPF 10** it comes pretty close.  I can finally put my make-up on in the morning and it will last me my whole work day!  That is a significant improvement.  Also, for someone with oily skin issues this product does not add extra oil to my skin and my face isn't shine zone in a couple of hours either.  They have a reasonable range of colours available.  This is a weak point, I think they could have more. They also have a consultant match the colour, but I suggest you insist on them allowing you to go "outside" in NATURAL light before you make your decision.  They are on-the-ball enough to remove any foundation you might be wearing along your jaw line, where they then do a stripe test to find a good colour for you.  Hopefully, you can convince them to do 3 not just 2 colours.Always match your natural skin tone.  Pick the colour that disappears into your jaw.  While it's tempting to go with a darker colour for the feeling of a tan, you won't get a natural look.A bit of trivia: I was a beauty consultant for over 10 years and while I loved the product I sold, it looked great for only about 2 hours on me - other people could wear it longer so I know it worked on some skin types.  However, it's hard to sell stuff you can no longer wear, so the search continued.  For now I'm very happy with the **Estée Lauder**** Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup SPF 10** so I've stopped looking - price does keep me a bit stingy on how much product I use though.

Okay product

I'm always on the search for a foundation that not only looks good/natural but also requires little touch up throughout the day. I have extremely oily skin and usually I find myself having to use blotting sheets or blot powder within 2-3 hours of applying foundation. I can honestly say that this foundation stayed on the entire day for me, until I washed my face at night. With that being said, the only disappointment with this product was that it did not look as natural as other foundations I have tried (such as Chanel mat lumiere, Makeup Forever HD, etc..) It was somewhat cakey-looking and though before I had bought the product, I asked the makeup sales person to match the foundation shade with my skin tone, it looked a bit too pale for my complexion. For the cost of the foundation, I do expect more out of it, other than it being long lasting. But since I already bought it, I'm stuck with it, so I do wear it on sporadic occasions. (When I have a long day at school/work and don't feel like touching up throughout the day)

Amazing Foundation

from Miami, FL

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
  • Easy To Apply
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Lightweight
  • Long-Lasting
  • Matte Finish

Cons

• Pricey / Poor Value

• Full Coverage

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

I use this foundation daily and I love how it lasts me all day with full coverage. It blends very well and does not pile up or give me that cake look. It is smooth in texture and glides on. It can be on the pricey side but it is totally worth it for reliable coverage all day long.

• Skin Tone:
  • Fair

Good product.

from Kansas

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

I received Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup as a gift, I would never pay that much for a foundation. The high price of the foundation is why I have never bought it myself but I would if it were cheaper for sure.

I have very dry skin so it's pretty difficult for me to find a foundation that works with it. I have some acne and rosacea as well. I wear foundation to cover those two things up. Even though I have dry skin foundation just does NOT want to stay on my face. I thought that only happened to those with oily skin but nope. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup is probably the best long-lasting foundation I have found. They have light enough shades for my extremely pale skin, which is NICE! It goes on nicely and covers well. It works with my dry skin pretty good and doesn't look cakey. It lasts much longer than other foundations. I wish it lasted a bit longer but I really can't complain about how long it does last. It does not clog my pores either! It's a very good foundation.

I highly recommend Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup. It works with dry skin, looks great on, doesn't clog pores, and lasts quite a while. Like I said I got it as a gift once and haven't used it since due to it's price, but I really wish I could get it again. It's great!

Good for wearing at night.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

Most of the time when I am going to a special event, going out for the night, getting pictures taken, etc. I wear this. It is a very heavy duty foundation that covers almost all of my blemishes, even cystic acne. For me, it is too thick for everyday wear. It is very thick and is a little cakey if you do not apply it right. I have to apply it straight after I apply my moisturizer because it is dewey or else it can get crusty in areas. It is a pretty matte finish and it is hard to make your skin glow, even with a finishing spray. It stays on for so many hours without budging. I do not notice any difference in the foundation before seven or eight hours, and then I have to touch up on my nose and around my mouth. One layer is the maximum amount I ever apply because more than that just looks like I applied too much powder. It can settle into wrinkles if they are really deep and prominent. If I wear this more than one day in a row, it breaks me out on my cheeks.

This foundation means business

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

If you're looking for the Superman of the foundation world… this is it. The Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place foundation is incredible. This foundation looking the exact same from the moment I apply it in the morning to the second I take it off at night.

This foundation is seriously full coverage, and it covers nearly everything I want to cover. Whenever I use this product, every red spot, pimple, blackhead, and imperfection is completely covered.

For some reason, though, this product doesn't feel like a mask when I put it on. Although it covers every imperfection, I still find this product to be breathable and somewhat natural looking. When I look in the mirror, I can't see any makeup. It's really amazing!

This foundation also doesn't break me out, which surprises me. As long as I remove it properly at night, I never have any problems with getting spots the next day.

Estee Lauder Double Wear is worth paying the extra money for!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

I'm always on the search for the perfect product. Unfortunately, I haven't found my "perfect" foundation but Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup comes close. Most foundations I have found that provide adequate coverage end up looking cakey and settling into my fine lines. Estee Lauder not only covers all the imperfections on my face but it stays put all day long. Most foundations I have tried only last a few hours. I love the fact that this makeup has SPF 10. I have a couple red sunspots and the SPF help new ones from forming. This feels really smooth and luxurious going on my skin. This is more expensive than I like to pay for foundation but it does work better than most. You do not have to use a lot to get great coverage so this makes a bottle last me a few months. This coupled with the fact that I don't wear it everyday helps with the cost. I think it's a great foundation and works better for me than most.

I love this foundation.

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

This Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation really does work overtime in keeping my complexion looking great. The coverage is just great and the staying power is amazing, it lasts me all day long with no need to constantly touch it up, I really love it!

This product provides great coverage.

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

I loved the amount of coverage that this foundation provided. However it didn't make up for the mask-like feeling on my skin. It's so thick that it covers just about all scars and imperfections. This also seems to prevent my skin from feeling like it is getting any air. If you are in need of a full coverage foundation to cover scars and imperfections then this product would be great. If you don't have deep scars there are many more foundations out there that are more suited to breathe-ability and comfort.

Great makeup with an awful price.

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup is a great foundation. It's full coverage, which is great if you don't have perfect skin. It has a bunch of different shades, wears all day, and makes my skin look flawless. However, it is in a tiny container and the price is absolutely ridiculous! This makeup is very similar to the Revlon ColorStay, which is less than 1/3 the price. I recommend this if you have the money to spend on it. This product is easy on the eyes but tough on the wallet.

Stays in place without getting oily

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

I love Estee Lauder DW stay-in place foundation. I first tried it on my hunt for perfect foundation to suit my skin. Luckily I found a shade that matched my skin so perfectly I got it. And it offered me much more than perfect shade. It really works so effectively to cover any blemishes or uneven tone and stay in place for hours even on hot summer days without getting too oily and can be easily managed by a couple of blotting sessions. I have been using Estee Lauder DW stay in place religiously ever since. I have heard and read about people complaining about this foundation ever since Estee Lauder re-introduced it with a new formulation. Yes, I had trouble finding my perfect shade again but I did and it still works great. It's a great foundation and the new formula still works as effectively and efficiently as their old formulation. It is not cheap but a small amount will do wonders and it's really worth the price you pay.

Best foundation money can buy!!

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

Not oily, won't give you zits, higher-middle price range but so worth it! Covers everything. Takes a couple minutes to dry but leaves your skin flawless. I leave it on overnight and it doesn't break me out and I have oily skin. I can wear it for two days! Super high quality for what you pay. I buy mine on make wholesale sites to get an even better deal.