Other Foundations:
Estee Lauder
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup

Pros

• Goes on smoothly (9)
  • Easy to apply (8)
  • Good pigmentation (8)
  • Long-lasting (8)
  • Blends well (7)

• Full coverage (10)
  • Normal skin (5)
  • Acne-prone or oily skin (4)
  • Dry skin (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Brand buyer (9)

Great Extended Coverage

**Estée Lauder**** Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup SPF 10** really does stay in place longer than other foundations I've used over the years.I have very oily skin and it seems no matter what I do or try I find that my foundation has dissolved and found its way into the fine lines I've acquired from living and laughing or just slipped off my face completely.  In the end I feel like I've wasted that beauty queen drama time in front of my mirror.  No matter what the company claims about how long their product lasts, on me it doesn't stay put. So, I am always on the search for a better product - one that will actually hold up to its claim to stay all day.  I've been using **Estée Lauder**** Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup SPF 10** for over 7 months and it seems to be holding up its end of the bargain.  I see weather extremes from cold dry or damp winters to very humid summers.  All which affect how long my make-up lasts.I've found over the years that I will never get as many hours as the product claims.  However, with **Estée Lauder**** Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup SPF 10** it comes pretty close.  I can finally put my make-up on in the morning and it will last me my whole work day!  That is a significant improvement.  Also, for someone with oily skin issues this product does not add extra oil to my skin and my face isn't shine zone in a couple of hours either.  They have a reasonable range of colours available.  This is a weak point, I think they could have more. They also have a consultant match the colour, but I suggest you insist on them allowing you to go "outside" in NATURAL light before you make your decision.  They are on-the-ball enough to remove any foundation you might be wearing along your jaw line, where they then do a stripe test to find a good colour for you.  Hopefully, you can convince them to do 3 not just 2 colours.Always match your natural skin tone.  Pick the colour that disappears into your jaw.  While it's tempting to go with a darker colour for the feeling of a tan, you won't get a natural look.A bit of trivia: I was a beauty consultant for over 10 years and while I loved the product I sold, it looked great for only about 2 hours on me - other people could wear it longer so I know it worked on some skin types.  However, it's hard to sell stuff you can no longer wear, so the search continued.  For now I'm very happy with the **Estée Lauder**** Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup SPF 10** so I've stopped looking - price does keep me a bit stingy on how much product I use though.

Okay product

I'm always on the search for a foundation that not only looks good/natural but also requires little touch up throughout the day. I have extremely oily skin and usually I find myself having to use blotting sheets or blot powder within 2-3 hours of applying foundation. I can honestly say that this foundation stayed on the entire day for me, until I washed my face at night. With that being said, the only disappointment with this product was that it did not look as natural as other foundations I have tried (such as Chanel mat lumiere, Makeup Forever HD, etc..) It was somewhat cakey-looking and though before I had bought the product, I asked the makeup sales person to match the foundation shade with my skin tone, it looked a bit too pale for my complexion. For the cost of the foundation, I do expect more out of it, other than it being long lasting. But since I already bought it, I'm stuck with it, so I do wear it on sporadic occasions. (When I have a long day at school/work and don't feel like touching up throughout the day)

Average Product

from South Point Ohio

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Apply
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Lightweight

• Mature Skin

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

Very full coverage foundation, builds up in creases but otherwise very good

It is a super excellent base, it has excellent coverage

from Puerto Rico

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Good Pigmentation

Cons

• Poor Coverage

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

It is a super excellent base, it has excellent coverage, it can be used as oily skin like dry skin, it has good pigmentation and it covers a lot I recommend it blindly

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Currently my favorite full coverage foundation

from Yulee, FL

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Goes On Smoothly
    • Good Pigmentation
    • Long-Lasting
    • Matte Finish

Cons

• Difficult To Apply

• Light To Medium Coverage

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

I am in my 30's and still get pimples on a daily basis and also have post acne marks which take a while to fade. I needed a foundation that would cover my imperfections, match my neutral skin tone and not break me out, and last for my full 8 hour workday. I can make this foundation give me medium to full coverage (layering a 2nd time). I like the smooth feel and it instantly evens out my skin. Now I will say this will cling to dry skin which is expected and does not cover my really irritated pimples that well without me having to dab it on and also put a powder on top. Really what I like about this foundation is that is actually matches my fair/light neutral skin which has yellow and pink tones. Often foundations are too orange or yellow on me...even high end brands. This matches my skin and makes me look like an improved version of myself. I have oily/combo skin and this does well to keep the oil at bay. I will say at the end of the day it does seem to look splotchy but that could be because of my oily skin breaking it down and the humid climate I live in. All in all, it is still the longest lasting foundation I've tried...say a good 6 hours. And it does not break me out. Instead it dries my skin in a way that prevents more breakouts. I also wish this automatically came in a pump bottle which is more hygienic...especially for problem skin since I currently have to use my fingers to get the foundation out.

Love

from Georgia

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
    • Easy To Apply
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Good Pigmentation
    • Lightweight
    • Long-Lasting
    • Matte Finish

Cons

• Pricey

• Light To Medium Coverage

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

Love this product! It has been one of my go to foundations for a quick look or to get dolled up.

The best foundation I have found for my skin type and color

from Rockford, IL

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
    • Easy To Apply
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Good Pigmentation
    • Long-Lasting

Cons

• Drying

• Uneven skin tone

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

I bought this foundation because I was looking for something that was full coverage but didn't look "caked on". I am bi-racial with a medium skin tone and the most common issue people have with this skin tone is hypo and hyperpigmentation. My neck is a completely different shade than my face, it is a shade or two darker so I always have trouble finding something that doesn't look too light on my face. My face also has some white spots and some darker spots so my goal when wearing foundation is to make everything even. I use this foundation to create a blank canvas that looks even all around since I am into contouring and highlighting! I blend it with a beauty sponge which works very well, however if you want and extremely full coverage you may want to consider blending it with a brush (I'd suggest the makeup brushes that kind of resemble a hairbrush). I absolutely love this foundation and I strongly believe it is worth the price. The only issue i have with it is how drying it can be. If your skin is dry I would recommend moisturizing your face with a facial moisturizer before applying and giving the moisturizer a few minutes to absorb. Other than that the product is amazing and i will definitely Be purchasing again!

My favorite foundation

from Pikeville,Ky

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
    • Easy To Apply
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Long-Lasting
    • Matte Finish

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

I am a budget buyer so I don't like to throw money away and for me to buy something repeatedly it has to be worth it and this foundation is worth it. I am 30 and have been noticing more imperfections with my skin puffy under eyes, a few fine lines, my skin has red spots, and I have dark circles. With this foundation you don't notice any of those, it just looks like I have nice skin. Best of all my photos don't need a filter when I wear it.

Flawless wear!

from Lake forest California

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
      • Easy To Apply
      • Goes On Smoothly
      • Good Pigmentation
      • Long-Lasting
      • Matte Finish

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

I use this foundation about 3 days out of the week because I love the way my skin looks when I wear it.
        My skin looks so flawless when I use my beauty blender to apply this Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I covers up any red on my face and if I happen to have any blemishes that day the Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation covers my blemishes up too!
        It doesn't feel heavy on my skin, but this is a full coverage foundation.
        I highly recommend this foundation, it's great for people with regular skin or combination/dry, I don't know how it wears on people with oily skin because my skin is more dry then oily. But give it a try!

Never run out

from Cordova Alabama

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
        • Easy To Apply
        • Goes On Smoothly
        • Good Pigmentation
        • Lightweight
        • Long-Lasting
        • Matte Finish

Cons

• Pricey / Poor Value

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

This is a must have for any one that needs a stay in place all day long foundation. I am a nurse and have to look professional and I sweat. Alot. This stays in place through my 12 hour shifts and doesn't smudge or smear.

Excellent coverage!

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Good Pigmentation

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

This works as they say it will! The coverage is sufficient for acne, blemishes, evening out skin tone, and just about anything else. It's a very thick and rich product, and you don't need much. You most definitely need the correct shade or it won't work well at all. It's just so overpowering it has to be the right one for your skin, and it needs to applied with a light hand and darken it up gradually if need be. It's made to stay on for a long time, and it does exactly that. It's nice when you aren't going to be around a mirror for hours and need coverage you don't need to touch up or reapply often. It stays on all day and you will need to wash or wipe it away at the end of the day. It leaves the skin feeling smooth but again it's all in the application. If you get heavy with it, it will be noticeable. It's just such a thick liquid you need to be careful how you apply it. Sponge blending worked well for me. I don't use this in the summer a lot, it's a little heavier then I like for the hotter months, but during a break out it's great. I like how well it covers but It does take some time to apply right. A bottle lasts me quite a long time and I used to use it a lot in my younger days, when I had more skin issues.

Best foundation for dry skin

from Gibson, nc

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
          • Easy To Apply
          • Goes On Smoothly
          • Good Pigmentation
          • Lightweight
          • Long-Lasting

• Mature Skin

Comments about Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup:

This is onr of the absolute best foundation ive ever used. I definitely recommend everyone going and getting a sample you will love it.