Other Anti-Aging Skin Cares:
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair

Pros

Cons

It's a mature woman's antidote to aging.

I began using Estee Lauder products several years ago. I began by using the entire line, but, because of the expense, whittled down my use to a couple of products I could never give up. One of those products is Advanced Night Repair. As a woman in my fifties, I've sampled *many* products on the market: in my decades of trial-and-error research, Advanced Night Repair is one of the few anti-wrinkle serums that lives up to the hype. It goes on easily, aids in the absorption of the moisturizer that follows (which, by the way, is not an Estee Lauder product) and makes a noticeable difference in fine lines and wrinkles. The texture of my skin is much improved with its use. It's price tag is somewhat daunting, but I'd rather pay more for a product I know will work that waste twice that amount searching through the bargain brands for a miracle.  With Advanced Night Repair, you get what you pay for!

Expensive but does the job

First the pros: the product is well formulated and a little bit goes a long way. It absorbs well into the skin so that when you go to sleep you feel that the skin on your face is well hydrated. Keep in mind that although a little goes a long way, the bottle itself is very small. This is a great product for women who are 30+. I tried using it as a 20 something year old and while it helps to make sure that the aging process is somewhat stunted, there are many other products suitable for a 20 something year old to keep healthy youthful skin without the price tag.

Onto the cons: extremely expensive given the size of the product. You could probably find an Olay product that is half the cost but does the same things. If you are the type that feels that spending more money on a product makes it better, than this is the product for you. I personally don't think that it is worth the high price tag since there are other products that work just as well.

Pricey but worth it!

from Chicago, Il

Comments about Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair:

This makes my bi weekly night-time beauty products work better! I just use a dab mixed with my nightly moisturiser on wrinkly areas and had my daughter's entire class "PLOTZ" when they heard I'm almost 50!

Miracle in a bottle!

Comments about Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair:

I have been using this serum for months now and absolutely love it! It absorbs fast into my skin and my skin feels silky soft just when using the serum alone. This serum, paired with a moisturizer, keeps my skin looking fresh, healthy, glowing and bright. I noticed, after a couple of days use, that my skin looked brighter. . My skin had become dull and pale prior to using this product. Initially I noticed the brightness but soon noticed my skin glowing and looking younger. I have received many compliments on my skin after usingthis product on a daily basis. I also like that this product does not clog pores. I have large pores and they become clogged easily. My pores did not clogged by this product. I will be honest, this serum is expensive but it is worth every penny. A little really does go a long way with this product. I find that I only need to use a small to cover my entire face.

Absorption
This product absorbs fast and evenly into my skin.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I have large pores so finding a product that does not clog them is essential. I love how this product protects my skin, without clogging my pores.

My skin looks healthy, soft, smooth, a nd bright after using this product.

• Absorption:
  • Doesn't Clog Pores:

To expensive for what it does

Comments about Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair:

For a product this expensive, I was expecting this serum to make my skin look like a supermodel's. Unfortunately, I found it to be a huge waste of money. While this product did make my skin feel soft, supple, and pampered, the feeling only lasted for a short while. I didn't see any long-lasting results from using this product.

The woman who helped me at the Estee Lauder counter told me that this product would help to reduce the look of my acne scars. That was really the only reason I purchased it. However, I didn't see any diminishing of the redness in the scars.

Other than the feeling this gave my skin, it really was a waste of money. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone looking to reduce the appearance of scarring from acne, as it doesn't help with that at all.

However, if you're just looking for a light, moisturizing-type product, this one would do that job! Still, I'm sure you could find something similar for a much cheaper price.

Does produce results if you can handle the price!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair:

I'm always on the lookout for that magic serum! I received a small bottle of Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair when I purchased some other Estee Lauder products. I must say I was happy I did. After using this for a couple weeks I did notice a positive change in the appearance of my skin. I like using it on my face and neck and even on the upper chest area that gets exposed to a lot of sun. I didn't buy more because it really doesn't fit in with my budget. I also mix my own essential oils which accomplish the same result. However, it does work and if you can afford I say try it!

I noticed a difference of the overall appearance of my skin after using this. My skin appeared brighter and more even. It moisturized and hydrated very well making my skin look plump and diminishing fine lines. It is not going to take away deep lines but it even makes those less harsh.

Ease of Application
This is an easy addition to my bedtime routine. After I wash my face I apply a small amount and gently rub it into my skin. It doesn't take a lot and my sample bottle lasted me quite a while. In the winter I use an additional moisturizer over top but in the summer I don't. It absorbs nicely and doesn't feel heavy or greasy.

This has a light scent.

Light and effective

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair:

I really like the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. I have received it as a sample more than once now and really like the results. The formula is lightweight, non-greasy, fast absorbing and efficient in that a little goes a long way. It helps to keep skin soft, hydrated, nourished, moisturized and fighting spots, wrinkles, sun damage and any other signs of aging. It is a little on the expensive side so I have not bought the large bottle yet. It has been nice for my oily skin too, giving it a good balance of hydration without making me breakout or cause excessive oil. I would recommend it for ages 30 and up with oily, normal or dry skin and even sensitive. It seems to be a formula that is non-irritating, as my skin can be kind of picky sometimes.

Ease of Application
Easy and smooth to apply as it is between a serum and gel.

The scent is soft and neutral and does not bother. As soon as its completely absorbed you smell nothing.

Not a Magic Elixir, but it Still Has a Huge Following

from Boynton Beach, FL

Comments about Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair:

I haven't witnessed any miracles yet, but neither does my skin look worse. When I use Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair, my skin does look better in the morning than when I don't use anything at all.

Nothing in the ingredient list seems to justify the price of the product. In fact, the ingredient list looks kinda scary and chemical-laden., but a little research shows that most of the main ingredients are glycerin components. Estee Lauder hasn't bothered to remove parabens from the formula, which makes me a little nervous.

There is no such thing as a magic elixir when it comes to the prevention of aging ... no matter how expensive the product is. My skin has shown minimal improvement, but maybe it's just because I am taking better care of it. Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair moisturizes while I sleep, and I do look more refreshed in the morning than when I don't use it.

Ease of Application
The eyedropper applicator component of this product's packaging is strange to me. I suppose it helps keep the serum from getting contaminated, but it makes it very difficult to remove all of the product from the bottle. Smoothing the product on is easy. It absorbs into the skin well.

The scent is barely noticeable, which is great if you are sensitive to perfumes, or you layer products with different fragrances.

It truly is advanced.

Comments about Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair:

My daughter got a bottle of this for me as a gift, so I don't know how expensive it is. I use prescription Retin-A on my face every other night at bedtime, and use the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair every other night. I like that it is lightly scented and smells good since I wear it to bed. I do think it helps to lighten age spots. It helps with my tendency to have dry skin by making it feel moist. I do put moisturizer on top of the serum before bed. My skin looks moist and glows when I wake up in the morning after wearing this all night. I haven't noticed a difference in fine lines since I started wearing this, but I would recommend it to anyone with age spots and dry skin.

It does a good job of moisturizing and making my skin look healthy. I have also tried this on my hands, and I don't have any age spots on them now.

Ease of Application
It is easy to apply, and a little goes a long way.

I do think the scent is nice, and I especially like that it is a light scent.

This is overpriced.

Comments about Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair:

I don't know what I was thinking but I once paid a huge amount to buy this brown bottle. I thought since it costs so much the results will be dramatic. I did use this for about two months. I applied it on my face every night before going to bed. I could see that the skin felt smoother in the morning. But I also felt like I was getting acne from using this. I am not old and my skin isn't wrinkled a lot. So I may have been the wrong age to use this. I think this has some good ingredients in it but it is way overpriced in my opinion.

This seems to be effective in keeping the skin smooth and keeping necessary oil in the skin. I would recommend it for people with dry skin. If you are still young or have oily skin, this may cause some acne on your face.

Ease of Application
It is easy to apply and absorbs well. If you apply it before going to bed, you will feel the result in the morning when you wake up.

The scent is very floral and nice.

Love this product!!!

Comments about Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair:

My friend works for Estee Launder and is always sending me samples and gifts of products. Estee Launder always has great products that are pretty pricey. This past year she sent me this night repair serum and I feel deeply in love! It works great to really moisturized and revitalize your skin during the night. I wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day. I love this product and am dreading the day I run out because it is a little pricey.

This night serum does an excellent job at repairing your skin during the night. You will wake up feeling and looking great. You skin will be soft and rejuvenated. Even though I did not pay for the product, it is totally worth the money.

Ease of Application
This product is just as easy to apply as any other serum. I usually just apply with my hands or a small makeup sponge before I go to bed at night.

This product has a pretty neutral scent which is fine by me.

Hello lifesaver

Comments about Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair:

This is an amazing skincare product, although it is more for the long run and does take some time and commitment to use to see results. Its more for aging prevention and upkeep than a quick fix or temporary solution to a skin problem.

I have diligently and faithfully used this every other night fr over 4 years and definitely think it has helped out tremendously in keeping my skin young and supple looking and in delaying the aging process as it has started.

Ease of Application
absorbs so very fats and feels great on my skin, can actually feel it drinking the stuff up, if only I could bathe my body in it!

a very nice, not at all unpleasant scent to it, sort of light and floral, not at all harsh and medicinal like some other products. I actually look forward to the scent of it at night as part of my wind down night time routine/ritual and the smell helps me relax a bit, however crazy that may sound.