3.5

3.5

The Best we Have Every Had

from Provo, Utah

Comments about Estate 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher TUD5700KQ / TUD5700KB:

I grew up in a family where we had to wash our dishes off before we could put them in the dishwasher. Our dishwasher was more of a sanitizer. This dishwasher is amazing. It cleans everything. It has so much pressure that the cups often get turned over and fill up. This can be a little annoying though because then you have wet cups when you take the dishes out. It also doesn't dry the dishes all the way but overall it is a great dishwasher.

Noise Level
It is a really noisy one. I don't think it is a very expensive model and it gets the job done but I know there are quieter models.

Cleaning Time
I feel like it cleans our dishes quickly.

Loading Flexibility
When we first got it I didn't do a very good job loading it but recently I have noticed how much you can get into it. It can hold a lot of dishes. Last night we had a party and it holds almost all the dishes from our party.

Cleans really well. Could have a little better drying power.

It is a little hard to learn to load because it has so many little pokie things (the metal pieces that stick up).

It isn't new and I think it will last a long time.

• Noise Level:
  • Cleaning Time:
  • Loading Flexibility:

To prewash or not to prewash

from Haskell, OK

Comments about Estate 24 in. Built-in Dishwasher TUD5700KQ / TUD5700KB:

I grew up being told to prewash the dishes before placing them in the dish washer. I assumed this was just something that everyone did and even did it as an adult; however upon visiting a neighbor's, I saw this was not the case for her. When I questioned why she was not washing her dishes before putting them in the dish washer, she explained this was the purpose of the appliance, why wash them twice?

I came home and decided I would put it to the test and placed my dishes inside the dish washer without washing them, rather rinsing them off instead. There was not food burnt or stuck on my dishes, just normal dinner dishes that included milk, gravy and even icing from the cake that was for dessert.

I experienced limited success without the prewash. My dishes did not feel greasy; however, I noticed food particles stuck to the dishes. Although they are small, I didn't feel that my dishes were totally clean. I understand my neighbor's thoughts; however, I want to pull out my dishes with satisfaction that there is not going to be food deposited on them. I suppose this device could be used as more of a rinser than a washer and still continue to use mine as I always have.

Noise Level
My dishwasher is very quiet.

Cleaning Time
I feel it might take a bit longer than some, but it still ranks satisfactory to me.

Loading Flexibility
There is room for cups and bowls on top, plates and pots on the bottom.

Dish washer performs functionally.

Bottom rack can easily be removed for cleaning.

Withstood hundreds of loads of dishes and still going.

• Noise Level: