Other Nail Products:
Essie
Essie Nail Polish - All Shades

Essie Nail Polish - All Shades

Love Love Love Essie

Essie is by far hands down the best Nail polish out there! I have always used it and always will. Sometimes I like to just have a manicure so i will buy Essie and use them myself. And then of course if I go to the nail salon weather I have nail's on, or just getting a manicure I always use Essie there too. The nail polish really lasts as long as it possibly could. It's great quality. The colors are all rich and have such depth. They have millions and millions of colors to choose from. You could have a different mood every time you change your nail color. I go dark in the winter naturally, and light and bright in the summer. They have a color for every theme. I just went to the nail salon the other day matter a fact, and got a beautiful deep navy color looks almost black on my nails. My nails have acrylic over them and they are short square ( I don't like dark colors on long nails yuck) and it looked beautiful. It had such depth to it, even my husband loved it! They just look so shiny and luminous . Best nail polish you will ever use. Works great on your own nails, or tips like I have either way !! Buy them now !!!

The color is beautiful but it refuses to apply evenly.

It's odd for me to find myself writing a negative review of Essie Nail Polish because I usually like the brand a lot. Essie has a large quantity of gorgeous colors, it strengthens my nails, it dries quickly, it's shiny, it lasts a very long time without chipping or fading, and it is normally easy to apply. Essie normally flatters my nails. That is not the case with this color, which is Essie #162, Ballet Slippers.

Essie Ballet Slippers is a very pretty and very light shade of pink. I actually bought this polish to use as the base coat for a French manicure on my toenails and my fingernails. It looked so pretty in the bottle and I thought the color would serve my purpose perfectly. Well, the color is lovely and it would have worked wonderfully for a nice French manicure, but I cannot get this product to apply evenly no matter how careful I am or how much time I take to polish my nails. No matter what I do, it looks streaky. It's very frustrating!

I'm not a novice at polishing nails. I have been polishing my nails for many, many years, and I know how to polish them properly and make them look nice, so I'm not the problem with this polish. For some reason it refuses to go on smoothly and when it dries it looks like an eight year old polished my nails.

The polish is the correct consistency, it isn't too thick or too thin, so I don't think the polish is old and that's why it streaks so badly. I don't know what it's problem is, but it definitely has a problem.

As I said previously, I usually like Essie Nail Polish a lot, but I won't ever buy Essie in Ballet Slippers shade again and I definitely wouldn't recommend it. It looks perfectly pink in the bottle but it looks strangely streaky on your nails.

Did not like at all!

About Me Manicure/Pedicure Addict

Pros

Cons

• color was all transparent
    • Not True to Color

Comments about Essie Nail Polish - All Shades:

I paint my own nails rather than going to a salon like I used to. I love trying out new nail polishes, and I like switching up the brands. I do however mostly try to select the brands that are mid to low price range. I know polish can last a long time and if it's good polish that doesn't get old it's worth paying higher prices, but I have found so many polishes that are under 4$ that are better than the 10$ bottles. When I look at polish in the pharmacy I go to, they have huge displays of brands and each display holds only one brand, this is where I always buy polish so I skip the expensive polishes. One day my daughter picked out a pretty hot pink color of Essie mail polish and even though it was more then I like to pay, she got it and I also splurged on a pistachio colored Essie polish. We got home and tried out her hot pink and we were sorely disappointed. The bottle showed it as hot pink and shiny but when it dried it was the nastiest color of dark chalky pink. It was absolutely not the color we expected. I would think that it wouldn't be that far off but it was. It was literally so Ugly we removed it and tossed the bottle in the bucket and never used it again. Not only was it not what it looked like, but it was the most hideous shade of polish and I can't imagine anyone liking it. It was chalky and dull colored and you could see it change completely as it dried. The other color I got which was the light teal color, came out better but I did not like it at all. It requires way too many coats to look decent and I don't like polishes like that. I don't mind 2 coats but beyond that is overkill and I don't like to do it. I won't buy anymore essie nail polish because I was unhappy with the two I got. They weren't what they looked like and they were dull and expensive and I didn't like the applicator brush either. Overall both the polishes didn't work well for me, they didn't cover well, needs too many coats, they didn't look like the wet polish at all& too costly!

• Age:
      • 18-29

Nice variety of colors, formula inconsistent

from Des Moines, IA

About Me DIY Nail Artist, Manicure/Pedicure Addict, Natural, Professional, Trendy

Pros

• Easy to Apply
      • Gentle Formula

Cons

• Chips Easily
      • Messy/Clumpy
      • Not True to Color

• Any Time

Comments about Essie Nail Polish - All Shades:

While Essie does have some unique colors, overall the formula is so inconsistent that I won't even bother. With over 1000 polishes, I can say with certainty that it's far from my favorite brand. I've bought around 20 different polishes from this brand and only a quarter are ones I would use repeatedly and not just if I were looking for a specific shade.

mm

from SA

About Me Classic

Pros

• Easy to Apply
      • Good Value
      • Long Lasting

• Any Time

very beautiful

Not what I expected

Comments about Essie Nail Polish - All Shades:

Essie nail polish comes in a wide variety of colors. I am usually loyal to one brand that works for me but I stepped out and purchased a couple of bottles of Essie nail polish because one particular color really "spoke" to me.

I immediately realized Essie wasn't for me upon application of the polish. The brush is cheap, difficult to apply and the polish didn't adhere to the brush very well. It was runny so it immediately ran off. It was odd that it took quite a while for it to dry (though runny). Once dry, the color was different from the way it was presented in the bottle … it also chipped almost immediately. It was then that I realized that I couldn't correct the chip, I had to completely redo the entire nail(s).

I was very disappointed by Essie. Based on my experience, I believe their nail polish should cost a lot less as well. The colors are wonderful I just wish it had better quality.

Amazing Polish!

from Sebring, FL

Comments about Essie Nail Polish - All Shades:

I LOVE Essie nail polishes! They come out with new colors all of the time and there is NEVER a duplicate. They carry bright neons to dark browns, glitters, textured polish etc. The only reason I gave them a 9 is sometimes I get a polish that doesn't even last a day but Essie will usually reimburse you.

My new favorite nail polish!

from Sandusky, OH

Comments about Essie Nail Polish - All Shades:

Just tried this for the first time the other day after being a OPI user for years! Bought it for a particular shade that I liked and was on sale. Love the way that it covered in only one coat! It is my new favorite nail polish because of the durability; never after trying OPI, Avon Sally Hansen, etc. have I had a polish that I didn't have to touch-up or reapply after a few days! After five days, my nail are still unscratched and unchipped! Love the matte colors also, I'm at an age where the glittery polishes don't look as good on me anymore. I suggest to anyone to give Essie a try!

Decent polish

Comments about Essie Nail Polish - All Shades:

I'm a nail polish addict. I have many hundreds of bottles of polishes from dozens of brands, some high end, some drug store buys, some from independent companies and some imports. I make it my business to know polish.

Essie is just ok. These polishes run on the more expensive end of drug store products but they do tend to be of fairly good quality. However, I've noticed that quality does vary and it isn't uncommon to run into bottles that have odd consistencies or finicky drying times.

In other words, Essie is a fine brand of polish but they're not the best of the best. Essie offers a huge line of colors and finishes and does tend to stay on-trend. However, their quality control often leaves me wanting.

I have a ton of Essie polishes in my collection, but I wouldn't consider this brand a personal favorite of mine. I buy only what I absolutely cannot live without and pass by most everything else.

Not a bad drugstore polish

Comments about Essie Nail Polish - All Shades:

When I first heard about this brand, I thought the price point was a little high. I am a collector, though, so I just had to have a few bottles. The blues suck me in every time and have since the 80's, what can I say?

I've come to figure out that this brand, like many others, tends to vary a bit from bottle to bottle. Some of the shades are highly pigmented and only need one coat. Others need to either be put over another darker color or else you need to use anywhere from five to seven coats for the polish to cover visible nail lines. Usually they fall somewhere in the middle with three coats making a nice visual appearance.

The company doesn't usually mention it but if you buy any of the more neon shades, the color will pop a lot more if you have a couple of layers of white under the color. Corals and hot pinks are particularly notorious for this.

Their Matte About You is a matte top coat that is worth the try but I've found that other brands have better wear time at a better price point.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Essie Nail Polish - All Shades:

I love Essie nail polish! The polish has amazing chip resistent qualities. Their range of colors is amazing, bright, and vibrant. The colors range from dark and radiant. They are the only polish that will stay on my nails for more than three weeks; that is why i always chosse Essie. Essie has low prices which, in my life, is extremely important. I also love how you can locate this product in many stores, which means I no longer have to run around looking for the perfect polish. I have heard many many good things about them and, if i may say so myself, they have earned all of the praise. I have compared this product to many other products, and they have won my trust by far. I did not think they could get much better but they did. I love how their creative names for their polishes. When I talk about my favorite colors of nail polish they are all Essie. My daughters use it, my sister uses it, my hair dresser uses it, and even my mother uses it. By far Essie is the BEST!!!!!!

My favorite polish

Comments about Essie Nail Polish - All Shades:

Essie nail polish is one of my favorite brands. I love the amazing selection of colors (which all have really fun names, too!) and the ideal brush size. I also find that the polish goes on smoothly and is easy to coat. My only complaint is that it tends to get really thick, and almost unusable after six or eight months.