Other Detergents:
Laundry Detergent
Era

Cons

ERA is the best laundry detergent!

I have been using Era for many years now. I absolutely love it! It does compete with Tide. But the reason I choose Era over Tide is because of the cost. Era is considerably cheaper than Tide and I love that there are higher value coupons to use with Era. Tide does wimpy 25 cent coupons...seriously? Era does a great job of washing and getting the clothes clean. Era does also have a great scent that makes me have great "clean" smelling clothes all the time! I don't like the overly perfumed detergents and Era is perfect! Also, I think Era fares better with allergies to detergent. I do have issues with other detergents and Era has never given me any problems! Era also does a great job of getting stains out without harming the color. I feel that my clothes last longer now with Era. Highly recommended! I do not have children yet, so can't tell you how well it does with kid stains/baby stains. But I believe it will do the job well when the time comes!

ERA doesn't take out everyday stains

After using Tide for years, I decided to try ERA since it is a P&G product and seemed to look alot like Tide. I am having problems with it getting out the simplest of stains. I'm using an oxygen stain remover with it, which seems to help some, but my clothes are not as clean as they get with Tide.

have no problem with it cleaning the laundry smell great!!!!

from michigan

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Cons

• Expensive

• Laundry Room

Comments about Era Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Used this for many years and it all I buy.. When I have hard stains jus put a little on the spot an let it set over night and wash as normal. Only once a great while do I have to repeat to get the stain our.

Febreeze in Era?

from Iowa

About Me Homeowner

Pros

Cons

• If I wanted my clothes to smell like my cat litt
    • Strong/Bad Scent

Comments about Era Liquid Laundry Detergent:

You are putting febreeze in everything. I don't want my clothes to smell like my trash cans, cat litter and swiffers. My husband bought the era with febreeze in it by mistake, I hate it

Not a good stain remover

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Era Liquid Laundry Detergent:

When you're constantly doing laundry and you have two five year olds that are extremely messy and active, you need a detergent that can get the stains out and the smells out. When I came across era laundry detergent, it claimed to be as good as all the other top detergents with a great scent and a great stain remover. It was very inexpensive and seemed a little too good to be true. As a matter of a fact it was. When I first used it, I washed a large load of laundry and when it was ready to be put in the dryer, the clothes smelled like they were hardly washed and the clothes, especially the stained ones, didn't even look lightened. I was very disappointed, but I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt and rewashed the clothes with half the amount of laundry and extra detergent. There was no difference the second time around. When I already have to do a lot of laundry,
      I don't want to have to run my washer twice and do double the work. I am definitely never recommending this to anyone I know. This detergent I would definitely give both thumbs down.

Era laundry detergent

Comments about Era Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Era laundry detergent is a great thing to use to pre-treat your heavily stained clothes or to use in the washer when you have bad stains to fight. I do not use this as my normal detergent to wash every day clothes and items as I find it somewhat harsh on clothes. My husband's work clothes get nasty dirty and they smell bad. I started using Era on them and it actually works well. I just put some on the stains and rub it in and let it sit for awhile. If they are really bad stains then I use the detergent in the washer as well. It has gotten grease, oil, and even blood out of stuff for me. I wish it was a little more gentle on my other clothes as this is one of the cheapest detergents I have ever seen.

Works wonders on heavily stained clothes. Even set it stains get lightened dramatically using this.

Has a nice pleasant smell. It is not too strong, just a nice scent that freshens up your clothes.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Era Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This Era Liquid Laundry Detergent is one of my favorites to use. The bottle is ergonomically easy to hold. The handle is just big enough to serve the purpose with being bulky. The cap is easy to remove, easy to fill, easy to pour the detergent out of into the washer, and easy to put back on the bottle when done. I found this detergent to be very effective in cleaning my clothes, removing the stains and leaving a nice fresh scent on the clothes before I put the clothes in the dryer. This detergent is a little more pricey, but I have found that the manufacturer usually offers coupons to offset that factor. I have on occasion had a difficult time finding this detergent in my store and have had to purchase another detergent, but that isn't the manufacturers fault. I think this detergent is just so popular that being in short supply can happen. There have been times I have actually been able to use less than the recommended amount per load, which is another cost effective factor.

I really like this product

from Oakwood Vlg., OH

Comments about Era Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This is one of my favorite laundry detergents. It smells great and it performs well. It dislodges dirt incredibly well. It lifts dirt and stains like washable magic marker and artificially colored drink stains really well on it's own without the help of separate stain lifters or treatment products. . It's container has clear concise and easy directions on the packaging for usage. This product gets my white laundry loads bright without the use of a separate liquid bleach. This product is gentle on my laundry and doesn't cause my laundry to be rough or stiff. It rinses completely from my laundry and I really like that. This detergent is one of the best that I have ever used.

The performance this laundry detergent is awesome in every way for me. I highly recommend this product.

I love the scent of this product. It's very fresh smelling and not at floral or perfume like.

The Absolute Best Detergent

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Era Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I love Era! This is by far my favorite detergent. It is moderately priced, works great on stains and smells fantastic! I buy it as often as possible and even have my family buying it as well. My only complaint is that sometimes Era is difficult to find in certain stores.

I use Era to spot treat stains before I throw the clothes into my washing machine. I also use Era in the washing load itself. This detergent almost always gets the stains out. I use to Era all of my clothes and my kids clothes, which sometimes get food stains and grass stains on them. Era helps me preserve the colors of their clothing so that they last a bit longer.

Era smells amazing! The scent is powerful and strong. The fragrance is, in my opinion, appealing to everyone. It leaves your clothes smelling clean and fragrant. Even after drying them, your clothes still have a hint of the Era scent on them.

Era okay but nothing to write home about

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Era Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I have a few brands of laundry detergent that I buy but I don't really have a "must buy" brand. Era is one of those detergents that is so -so but doesn't really stand out in any one category. To me this detergent was okay but It didn't even make enough impression on me that I would buy it again.

When I used the prescribed amount of detergent, I felt that the clothes needed a little more soap, so I added a little more but I could not tell that it made any big difference and I don't like to use so much laundry detergent.

The big surprise that I discovered when I used Era was the light fresh smell that the clothes had after they had been washed and dried. Overall this brand is not all that much lower in cost wasn't a bargain and I will not be buying this brand again. I really don't like using the liquid soap in my laundry as it seems to get to stay in the rim and get sticky or worse yet it spills and I have a real mess.

cheap detergent and bad quality

Comments about Era Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I had recently been experimenting with changing to a less expensive laundry detergent. When I saw Era liquid laundry detergent in my store for a great price I had decided to purchase it. I was extremely dissapointed with this particular detergent. First of all when I opened the detergent container I immediately noticed a strange smell. This particular detergent smelled so terrible. I am not quite sure why it smelled so strange but i thought if i combined it with a better smelling fabric softm\ner it would not matter but it did. It left my clothing smelling strange. I would not reccomend this laundry detergent. I also felt that it was not good at removing simple stains.

I would say the performance of this particular detergent was not very good. It did not remove stains well.

The scent was particularly terrible. It smelled musty and left that same scent with my clothing.

Not my favorite

from TN

Comments about Era Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I try different brands of detergent all the time. Sometimes I try cheaper brands because it is just more affordable. I tried this Era Liquid Laundry Detergent because it was a nice sized bottle for a very affordable price. I was not too happy with this detergent thought. It did not remove some of the stains in my daughter's clothes. I think if I would have used a pretreatment stain remover on the stains they would have washed out just fine. The biggest reason I did not like this detergent is because it made me itch. It was nearly impossible for me to get through the day when I wore some clothes that I had washed in it. It mostly made my face itch. I would still recommend this detergent to others because it may not effect their skin the way that it did mine. Also, it cleans clothes pretty good, just not super soiled clothing.

The scent of this detergent is okay. It does not lasts throughout the day though.