3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Equate {Walmart} Acne Wash really works well.

I have a problems with having an oily face that breaks out at the worse times. I have tryed many products, some that are very costly, but I must say that Equate Acne Wash does a wonderful job of keeping my face nice and acne free. I just didn't think that it would work so well,but to my surpize my face didn't get dried out like the other ones that I tryed before. My face does feel very clean and the smell of this acne wash is very nice. It is medicated, so that is what helps to keep your face from breaking out. The pump bottle is very helpful in giving you the right amount of acne wash, so that you won't use more than you need to. The price of this wash is so worth it. You are really getting a great bargain. I find that I must use it religiously,because if I don't, I find that I start to break out again. Even after all these years, I still break out, so I will continue to use this Acne wash.

It has been very effective for me. My face has been improving as long as I use it.

Ease of Application
Very easy to use. All you do is wash with it.

Convenience
This is very convenience to use. All you do is push down on the pump, and it comes right out for you to use.

Side Effects
I have had know side effects at all.

Its excellent

Wouldn't purchase again

I have problem with breaking out even being in my late 20s, so I try just about every product that is out on the market. The only thing that I liked about this product was the price but I got what I paid for, nothing. I found that this did not compare to its name brand competitor. The scent of it reminded me of a medication. I felt like I was washing my face with a strong medication smell that did not go away for the rest of the day. I didn't want to be wasteful so I finished the bottle but will not purchase again.

I do not think that this product helped my acne whatsoever. I don't even think it really even cleaned my face. I think a bar of soap did a much better job than this product.

Ease of Application
It was easy to use. With a wash cloth and some water is all you needed for this product.

Convenience
It is easy to use in that it only has one step. You just wash it on and off, there is not process to this.

Side Effects
I found that it left my face feeling dry and itchy. I don't think it gave it alot of hydration.

Immediacy
I used the entire bottle and did not notice a difference in my skin at any point in time.

Cheap, but Less Effective

from Utah

Comments about Equate (Walmart) Acne Wash:

This is cheaper than most other options, and it can help. So if someone is looking for something cheap while not needing it to make a great deal of a difference, then this can work for them. But if one needs something a bit stronger, then this probably isn't best for them. They would be better off paying a little bit more.

This is definitely cheaper than some of the brand name products, but it is also less effective. Personally, I have had much better (and quicker) results when I paid a little more for a brand name product.

Ease of Application
Simply squeezing out of the bottle and applying it to the body is about as simple as it can get.

Convenience
For home use, the bottle is very convenient and easy to use. It's not very good for traveling though.

Side Effects
I've never had any negative side effects from using this, but those types of things would vary from person to person.

Immediacy
It takes longer than I would like to see much results from this.

• Immediacy:

Works great for the price!

from Modesto, CA

Comments about Equate (Walmart) Acne Wash:

I have oily skin that tends to break out every now and again. I have tried products both high end and drug store, and this one ranks up there with the best of them. It takes care of my oily skin which I think has helped take care of my acne in the long run.

This was supposed to help with acne, but it is not like an acne medication (Like maybe Proactive) so it is not wise to go in to using this product expecting those kinds of results. But after a while I did notice I was breaking out less, which is a huge plus!

Ease of Application
Just pump a little on to your hands or on to a wash cloth and scrub away all the oil and gunk from your face.

Convenience
The pump works great, and it is small enough to fit on my sink.

Side Effects
I did not notice any extreme side effects. However, this product did dry out my face a little bit, but that is nothing that a little bit of facial lotion can not solve.

Immediacy
You will have to use this product every day for a while to see any results. It will clean your face and that will help with acne, but do not expect results over night.

• Immediacy:

A good acne wash for less!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Equate (Walmart) Acne Wash:

I never had any real problems with acne, just an occasional blemish every now and again. I decided to use Walmarts Equate acne wash as a everyday face wash to help prevent future acne breakouts. Not only did I see the Equate acne wash work, but I also felt it working. When I started applying the acne wash to my face, I immediately felt my pores open and felt the acne wash cleanse them. I would basically recommend Walmart's Equate acne wash for an everyday wash. It left my face feeling refreshed and soft. I am not sure if it will help someone who has a problem with bad acne, but it did help me in preventing acne from popping up.

I don't know how the Equate acne wash is with someone who already has bad acne, but as someone who only got a zit occasionally it helped prevent them from popping up.

Ease of Application
It is very easy to apply the Equate acne wash. It only takes about a minute to apply. All you have to do is wet your face and then apply the acne wash and then rinse.

Side Effects
The only side effect I had from Equates acne wash was a slight burning sensation from the acne wash cleansing my pores.

• Immediacy:

Nice cleansing wash but too harsh for sensitive skin

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Equate (Walmart) Acne Wash:

During the summer, my skin becomes too oily for my thicker winter cleansers. I have always been impressed with the quality and performance of Equate brand products. This cleanser has great power to make suds and it left my skin less oily. Unfortunately, it cleans a little too well. This product left my skin red and irritated. I had to discontinue daily use soon after starting it. After three weeks, I had to discontinue use altogether. My skin had simply become too irritated.

Instantly, I felt like my skin was less oily. My pores seemed tighter and more clean. If you have oily or normal skin I think this cleanser will be quite effective for you.

Ease of Application
This wash has a nice lathering quality to it. A small dollop of the product will wash your face and neck completely.

Convenience
The pump dispenser is nice. I felt that you didn't lose a lot of product with the pump

Side Effects
I have extremely sensitive skin, so I experienced a tremendous amount of irritation and redness on my cheeks and foreheads. I cut back to using the product just once daily. After three weeks I had to discontinue use altogether.

Immediacy
You do feel an immediate tingle of clean. It washes away nicely with little residue left behind.

Not a Fan

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Equate (Walmart) Acne Wash:

I bought the Equate Acne Wash as a cheaper alternative but was sadly disappointed. I don't like the ingredient list, as it is loaded with chemicals. It was harsh on my face and dried out my skin. Additionally, after washing my face, my hands felt dried out as well.
I have normal skin that is not too oily or dry, so I thought this would be a safe soap. I didn't like anything about it.
I would not even use this as hand soap. It is far too harsh and filled with chemical.

I guess it cleaned my face but it stripped it of moisture as well. A face wash should cleanse and nourish the skin.

Ease of Application
The pump dispenses a good amount but probably a bit too much. Not much soap is needed to get your entire face clean.

Convenience
It's not messy and doesn't take up much space on my countertop.

Side Effects
It completely dried out my skin. I felt like it stripped it of all of the good oils.

Immediacy
As far as working quickly, it did. But the work it did was not good. It quickly dried out my face and left my skin feeling parched and thirsty.

Good value

Comments about Equate (Walmart) Acne Wash:

I liked this face wash for cleaning your face of oils and makeup at night and again in the morning. It does a good job cleansing and made my face feel super clean but not dried out or stuff. This soap lathers decently and is not too thick. It rinses off nicely and quickly. I have cystic acne and while I don't think much can clean it up or prevent it from reoccurring, this soap helps keep my skin clean and that in turns helps reduce clogged pores which can lead to skin problems. I like to apply this with a wash cloth so I can get a good lather, but using your hands also works fine with less lather.

Very good for cleansing skin on a daily basis. Skin feels fresh and very clean after use.

Ease of Application
Easy to pump the soap directly onto a washcloth or hands.

Convenience
The bottle is thin enough to fit in a medicine cabinet and the pump makes for quick application.

Side Effects
I can see where one would think it dries our skin is they have dry skin.

Equate Acne Wash

Comments about Equate (Walmart) Acne Wash:

I only used the Equate Acne Wash for a week because I had bad side effects from it. The first two days I used it, my skin was very irritated and red. I decided to stick with it because I thought my skin was just adjusting. After the third day, I started to get a raised rash on my chin. It was especially noticeable right under my bottom lip. It was itchy, but it burned really bad too. I stopped using the face wash and began putting a moisturizer on it. The rash didn't get any better from the moisturizer, so I started putting an antibiotic ointment on it. It slowly started to get better, but it took a week to get back to normal. I don't know what the Equate Acne Wash did to my face, but it was the worst experience I've had with an acne wash. These types of products are not good for your skin. I would recommend a benzyl peroxide product to anyone suffering from acne because the acid in this wash will burn your skin.

• Immediacy:

Great for people on a budget!

Comments about Equate (Walmart) Acne Wash:

I have struggled with oily skin and acne since I was a teenager. I am in my late twenties now and still have to use acne washes daily. I am much more aware of my finances though and acne washes are expensive. I am always looking for the cheapest way to keep my skin clean and acne free. The Equate brand is a great one to meet both of these needs. It is not the best acne face wash I have ever used but it sure does work well with my budget. I don't need an intense acne wash now that I am older so this works well for me. If your acne is not really bad and you are working to stay in a budget, I would recommend this wash for you.

It was effective in keeping my skin clean and preventing further acne. It did not do a ton for the acne already on my back and shoulders. It did seem to keep more from coming though.

Ease of Application
This is incredibly easy to use. I just used it in the shower on a daily basis.

Convenience
It is really convenient to use in the shower on a daily basis. You could also use it at the sink at night.

Side Effects
I think with any acne wash you have the chance of your skin getting dry because they are so powerful. My skin dried up a little bit with this. I would recommend an oil free moisturizer with it.

Immediacy
I saw results fairly quickly. It kept new acne from showing up.

Not for sensitive skin

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Equate (Walmart) Acne Wash:

The Equate Acne Wash is a treatment that's centered around Salicylic Acid 2%. Salicylic Acid is a AHA+, which is supposed to slowly and safely remove the top layer of skin. It's main purpose is to speed up skin cell turnover. It prevents the skin cells from sticking/clogging, which is one reason why some people develop acne. Salicylic Acid can be harsh on the skin depending on your skin's sensitivity. This product can not be used at the same time with benzoyl peroxide because they cancel each other out. I don't know the science behind this, but it's recommended to use one in the morning and the other at night if you choose. I used this product for a couple of months and it dried out my face. My acne didn't clear up and it actually appeared to get worse while I was using it. I later found out I have very sensitive skin so the product wasn't going to work for me no matter how much moisturizer I applied. I definitely wouldn't recommend Equate Acne Wash to anyone with sensitive skin.

Good facial cleanser

from Country Club Hills, IL

Comments about Equate (Walmart) Acne Wash:

I have not dealt with acne since I was a teenager, so this review does not go over the effectiveness as an acne treatment, but just as a facial cleanser. This cleanser is pretty good when it comes to giving you that clean feeling after using it. It did seem to be a little drying after the first couple of uses, but I guess my skin became accustomed to it because I did not notice the dryness after that. I even used this product everyday without a problem. The product does have a medicated scent, which could be bothersome to others but it did not bother me. The texture is smooth, which makes application very easy. If you are looking for an exfoliating cleanser, this is not it. However, I did use it with my exfoliating cloth (by the way, which I highly recommend). Overall, I would say that this cleanser is just as good as the name brand stuff, but cost much less. No need to spend more than you have to, right?