Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Equate Tussin DM Cough Non Drowsy Cough Suppressant/Expectorant

Pretty Effective

from Utah

Comments about Equate Tussin DM Cough Non Drowsy Cough Suppressant/Expectorant:

This Equate brand cough suppressant and expectorant provides a pretty good value for the money. It is effective at reducing cough and congestion, and it is cheaper than most alternatives.

Congestion Relief
Although it does not immediately reduce the symptoms of a cold (as most medications don't), over a little bit of time this medicine is effective at reducing congestion and providing relief from these symptoms.

Chest Congestion Relief
Personally, I don't usually suffer from chest congestion very often. But if a cold begins to settle into my chest, this medicine does seem to help it clear up pretty quickly.

Relief of Aches & Pains
This medicine does seem to help relieve mild aches and pains that can be associated with a cold.

Cough Suppression
This medication does provide temporary relief from a cough, particularly while congestion is running, although regular cough drops can be more effective for this particular aspect of a cold.

• Congestion Relief:
  • Chest Congestion Relief:
  • Relief of Aches & Pains:
  • Cough Suppression:

This helped me survive the worst flu of my life...

from Crystal City, MO

Comments about Equate Tussin DM Cough Non Drowsy Cough Suppressant/Expectorant:

I was beginning to think I might die when my loving husband brought this home for me to try. I usually hate taking any kind of liquid medication, but the taste wan't too terrible. (There isn't any kind of cough medicine that tastes good.) It really did help to break up my congestion and relieve my cough and body aches. It was not a miracle cure, I still needed time to recover and get back on my feet after being sick. I would say, however, this did help to speed the process of feeling better again. I now keep a bottle in my medicine cabinet at all times...just in case.

Congestion Relief
I saw moderately good results for my congestion. This was no miracle cure, but it definitely helped relieve nasal congestion.

Chest Congestion Relief
Again, I saw moderate results for my chest congestion. It provided some relief but I felt that I needed to take additional medication to fully relieve chest congestion. (Then again I do have a history with respiratory infections, so it may be enough relief for the average person.)

Relief of Aches & Pains
My body aches were noticeably diminished after taking Tussin DM. I felt almost good again.

Cough Suppression
This relieved my terrible, hacking cough. It didn't stop it completely, but enough to give me relief.

• Congestion Relief:
  • Chest Congestion Relief:
  • Relief of Aches & Pains:
  • Cough Suppression:

Effective Generic

from Arlington, WA

Comments about Equate Tussin DM Cough Non Drowsy Cough Suppressant/Expectorant:

Relieves coughs and chest congestion due to the common cold or allergies.

Reliable and effective for the whole familes use, works promptly.

Non-drowsy formula really is non-drowsy and doesn't dull the senses either.

As a small business owner in these tight times I haven't any extra minutes in my day to be lost to the symptoms of coughs & colds.   At the first sign of impending cold symptoms I reach for the old standbys which have proven effective over time.

Generic Equate Tussin DM works every bit as well as the big name branded lables for about half the price.  It helps loosen mucus/phlegm and helps to relieve nasal congestion, cough due to sore throat and broncial irritation without making you so drowsy/sleepy you can't function or think.   Definately one to keep on the shelf for when the cold bug strikes.

Active ingredients (in each 5 mL tsp) Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mg Cough suppressant. Guaifenesin, USP 100 mg Expectorant.   Cannot be used in conjunction with MAOIs