Other Fever & Pain Medicines:

Equate PM Extra Strength Pain Reliever/Nighttime Sleep Aid

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Works as well as other nighttime pain relievers at a bargain!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Equate PM Extra Strength Pain Reliever/Nighttime Sleep Aid:

I suffer from migraine headaches periodically throughout the month. I also have osteoarthritis in my back which can cause pretty bad discomfort and pain. I usually use pain relievers with caffeine because they work better for me. However, there is no way I can take these after a certain point in the evening or I cannot sleep. So I always like to have a bottle of nighttime pain pills on hand. I have bought a variety of name brands of this type of medicine over the years. When I saw the Equate PM Extra Strength Pain Reliever/Nighttime Sleep Aid I decided to give it a try. It works just as well as the others I've tried and it costs much less.

This does a good job of relieving my aches and pains. It aids me in getting to sleep which is a bonus. Sometimes if I want to get to sleep and am having difficulties I will take this to help me fall asleep.

Immediacy
This takes about a half an hour to kick in for me.

Not that great

Comments about Equate PM Extra Strength Pain Reliever/Nighttime Sleep Aid:

I was not all that impressed with Equate PM Extra Strength Pain Reliever/Nighttime Sleep Aid. It is a medication that is supposed to have two purposes: to function as a pain reliever, and to act as a sleep aid. I had little success with either of the two jobs working correctly.

This medication is not very effective at all, at least for me it wasn't. It serves two main purposes: to act as a pain reliever and to act as a sleep aide. After taking this medication, I had no pain relief at all and did not feel in the least bit drowsy.

The ease of taking these pills is the only redeeming quality that these pills have. All you need to do is to swallow two pills with a few mouthfuls of water (or you can swallow the dry if you would rather do so, but I prefer water or I will choke).

Immediacy
This medication does not work on me very well at all, let alone work with immediacy. It might ease the pain a tiny bit after a couple of hours after taking the full adult dosage, but "immediacy" is not the word I would use for it.

• Immediacy:

Works as great as brand name products

Comments about Equate PM Extra Strength Pain Reliever/Nighttime Sleep Aid:

My family and I started taking this because of my grandpa. One time when my brother (who was about eighteen or so at the time) was at my grandparent's house, he had a really horrible headache. My grandpa pulled these out of the cabinet and gave them to him; they worked like a charm. Now we always keep them in our house for any ache and pain.

These Equate pills work very well and are very effective for me. I usually take these for headaches or period cramps, and I feel I should mention that for me personally, these usually aren't that strong to begin with. If you usually experience more intense headaches or cramps, then I can't say how effective it will be. But for me at least, they always work like a charm and nine times out of ten they completely eliminate my pain for the next few hours (that other one time out of ten it still reduces my pain pretty well, though).

Immediacy
For me, this product works just as well as other brands do. It starts to work within fifteen minutes for most of my pains, usually it works even faster than that.

Great!

from TN

Comments about Equate PM Extra Strength Pain Reliever/Nighttime Sleep Aid:

I am a huge fan of these Equate PM Extra Strength Pain Relievers. If I have a bad backache or migraine at nighttime I almost always turn to these. They help me to feel better and help me sleep better too. I love that after I take these I can almost always wake up the next morning and feel completely better. With just regular pain relievers I usually wake up and still have a migraine. I think these pills really help me sleep well and it makes me well rested for the next day. I would recommend these to anyone who needs the pain reliever, but also needs help sleeping. They make me go to sleep pretty quick, but they do not put me in a deep sleep to where it is hard for me to wake up. My two year old daughter wakes up a lot at night still so I have to be sure to be able to wake up easily. My cousin also takes these almost every night just because she needs the help to go to sleep.

These pain relievers make me feel better when I am hurting and they also help me rest better.

The pills are not too big, so they are easy to swallow.

Immediacy
It seems like these pills work pretty quickly. I do not get tired fast, but they do help my pain fast.

Pretty Strong Stuff

from Utah

Comments about Equate PM Extra Strength Pain Reliever/Nighttime Sleep Aid:

If someone doesn't mind taking something pretty strong, this is effective and helps. But for someone who wants to be careful about how strong of something he uses and how often he uses it, then this should probably only be used on rare occasions.

Pain relief plus a sleep aid is stronger than I usually want to take. I'd rather something go away on its own than need to use so much to get rid of it. But for bad pains when I use it, it does work pretty well. It helps me get to sleep even with pain, which for me personally is usually the best way to get rid of the pain altogether.

Pretty easy to take and use, certainly not harder than any of the alternatives.

Immediacy
For me personally, the drowsiness comes before the pain relief. It certainly can help someone sleep through pain. For me, simply getting to sleep with a headache or some other ache often helps, since sleeping it off often helps.
The pain relief itself can take a little longer, especially if I don't fall asleep soon after taking it.