Other Cold & Flu Medicines:

Equate Honey Lemon Flavor Cough Drops

Pros

Cons

• Cough Suppression:

Works great on sore throats!

Comments about Equate Honey Lemon Flavor Cough Drops:

Equate cough drops does a great job at helping sore throats. I had woken up a few months go with a really bad sore throat. It hurt every time I eat, drink or swallowed. My husband had bought Equate honey lemon flavor cough drops a few days before, to soothe his sore throat he had. He still had a half of a bag of the cough drops left, so I decided to give them a try. Equate cough drops worked just the same as Halls cough drops did. The equate cough drops started working instantly on my sore throat. I had also had a stuffy nose and the cough drops did very well at opening my sinuses to where I could breath better. The flavor was surprisingly not that bad. I actually prefer the honey lemon flavor over the cherry flavor cough drops. Cough drops are the only medicine I found that helped me with my sore throat. I had tried the Chloraseptic spray in the past and it did nothing to help relieve the sore throat. I highly recommend giving Equate honey lemon flavor cough drops a try.

• Cough Suppression:

The Next best thing to the name brands

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Equate Honey Lemon Flavor Cough Drops:

Equate Honey Lemon Flavor Cough Drops weren't as good as the name brands but they were close enough. They were really cheap in price and they didn't taste as bad as I expected. They have the same ingredients as the more expensive brands but you can tell the difference if you've ever tried them. I don't have to many complaints about this cough drop. The thing I noticed about this cough drop is it doesn't relieve the cold and cough symptoms as quickly as the more expensive brands. They work well though for the price that you pay for them. If your on a budget this is a good cough drop for you. I like to keep a few of these in my purse because during the cold and flu season people always need a cough drop, so I always offer one if I see it's needed. I haven't heard one complaint on these cough drops. I believe people don't tell the difference between the two. I would purchase these cough drops again in the near future if I need to.

• Cough Suppression:

Equate gives you some relief, and the price is right

Comments about Equate Honey Lemon Flavor Cough Drops:

Equate is comparable to other midrange cough drops and throat lozenges. It will help a little bit in the short term, but don't expect drastic long term results. They taste well enough, but not excellent, and they do have a sugary aftertaste. I use them, but not too frequently, as I don't think they have a huge impact on the way I feel.

Equate Cough Drops are cheaper and do as good a job as Halls

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Equate Honey Lemon Flavor Cough Drops:

When it comes to cough drops I don't really mind which brand I buy. I will get the brand names when they are on sale, because they can work out cheaper than generics. If cough drops are full price then I will get them at my 2 weekly shop at Super Walmart.

Equate is their own brand, and I have purchased dozens of their products, and always been satisfied with them. So that is how I bought Equate Honey Lemon Flavor Cough Drops. They taste exactly the same as Halls, and work on the cough, and the easing of the throat. Equate seem to last as long as the brand name ones, so I am happy to buy them.

They save me money, they soothe my throat, and help with the cough. What more could I ask of them.

Congestion Relief
The smell helps to clear the nose.

Chest Congestion Relief
Cough drops don't do this.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Cough drops don't do this.

Cough Suppression
Help for a couple of hours.

Equate Honey Lemon Cough Drops: Good Relief for a Low Price

from Houston, TX

Comments about Equate Honey Lemon Flavor Cough Drops:

If a persistant cough has you down and funds are limited, one good option is **Equate Honey Lemon Cough Drops**, a product sold at Wal- Mart. These cough drops are among the most inexpensive you can buy and they can help put a dent in a nagging cough.

**Medicine Commentary:**

Equate Honey Lemon Cough Drops are sold exclusively at Wal- Mart and they have two functions: To help control coughs and to soothe a sore throat. All you do is unwrap a drop or two and place in the mouth. As the drops slowly dissolve, they send medicine to the throat to help control coughs and lessen the annoyance of sore throats.

I have taken dozens of different cough drops in my day and the brand I usually reach for its Halls, due to its wide availablility and general effectiveness. Equate Honey Lemon Cough Drops caught my attention one day when I was shopping at Wal- Mart for some cough medicine. They were even cheaper than Halls and since I have had good luck with other Equate products, they seemed worthy of a try.

Equate Honey Lemon Cough Drops have a pleasant taste and from my experience, I have found them almost as good as Halls Honey Lemon. The reason I say "almost" is because with Halls, I get a slightly better feeling of relief in the throat. Equate Honey Lemon drops are about as good for controlling coughs, but not as good for soothing a sore throat. Halls is a little better in this area, even though I have heard that the ingredient list is practically the same and I will be the first to admit that there are far superior over the counter drugs for sore throat treatment than either Equate or Halls.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Equate Honey Lemon Cough Drops are very inexpensive- only a few cents per drop- and that reason alone makes them worthy of trying. Do they offer the best relief from coughs and sore throats? No, they do not. But for a price this low and for a generally good level of effectiveness, they are definitely a cough medication worth considering.

Congestion Relief
Little to no relief here.

Cough Suppression
These drops are okay at cough supression, but there are more effective medicines

• Cough Suppression:

Equate honey lemon cough drops do the trick.

from Grand Island, NE

Comments about Equate Honey Lemon Flavor Cough Drops:

Another winter, another cold. It happens to us all. Cough syrups, cold medicines... they all help, but sometimes that nagging cough persists. I've found that Equate cough drops work as well as their more expensive counterparts in keeping that cough in check.

Whether it's at work, or home, there are just times that my cough isn't controlled by cough syrups. I can pop an Equate cough drop in my mouth and that keeps my cough under control. The menthol also helps with my head congestion.

That I can buy a large bag for a low price is an added benefit. There are enough expenses involved when you are sick from doctors, to medicines without having to pay more for your cough drops. I always keep some in my purse to have handy any time night or day.

Equate Honey Lemon Cough Drops, Giving Hall's a Run for Money

from Greenwell Springs, LA

Comments about Equate Honey Lemon Flavor Cough Drops:

I started using **Equate Honey Lemon Cough Drops** several years ago when the store was actually out of Hall's Honey Lemon Cough Drops.  It seems that so many people were sick with colds, flu and sore throats at the time, the store was under stocked.  Regardless, we had several members of the family sick with sore throats, so I had to bring something home to soothe sore throats.**Equate Honey Lemon Cough Drops **are basically the same as the Hall's brand.  The flavor is the same, the cough drops look the same, and the wrapper is the same except for the wording on it.  In fact, they even have the same ingredients.  So why pay more for the Hall's brand?  I don't anymore!  I now pick up **Equate Honey Lemon Cough Drops** as my first choice.The honey lemon flavor is very mild and pleasant.  My kids all love the cherry flavor as well, but my personal favorite is honey lemon.  They don't seem to shout out to others that "hey--you have a cough drop in your mouth" like some of the other flavors do.As for relief, they work just as well as the Hall's brand too!  Comparing the price of the two cough drops, you will find that **Equate Honey Lemon Cough Drops **will save you about a buck a bag.  That's not much, but in these days and times a buck makes a difference when you are talking savings on one item.  **Recommendation**I give **Equate Honey Lemon Cough Drops **two big thumbs up for a product that works to sooth a sore and/or scratchy throat, for a great flavor and for saving me money!