2.9

2.9

Pros

Cons

• Minimal Side Effects:

Equate is Cheaper and Better than Crest!

Me, my sister and my brother compared Equate Whitening strips to Crest whitening strips. Our result was, our teeth were whiter after just 1 use and compared to the Crest product, our teeth weren't as sensitve afterwards! To me its the only one I will ever buy because it WORKS! The Crest seemed to not work unless you use it for a few days.. :( When I want my teeth whiter, I want it white right then, so I choose The better price and outstanding product for that price! :D It may leave some gel but if you don't choose it because of that then its your own fault because I always brush that off after I use them, its not a big deal at all. And if you put them on correctly they will stay on really well and sometimes they stay on so good that I just leave them on for as long as I can!

Equate dental whitening strips are a nightmare to use.

I will never know if Equate dental whitening strips really whiten my teeth as I cannot get them to stay on.  The product is nothing like the Crest Whitening Strips as far as getting them to stay on your teeth for the 30 minutes.  Also, the Crest brand does not fill my mouth up with gel.  I bought the Equate brand as other products by that name are usually comparable to the name brands BUT not this time.

Average Results for Low Price

from Utah

Comments about Equate Dental Whitening Strips:

These Equate dental whitening strips provide average value. They do not seem to work as well as some of the name brand products, although they do cost less. For someone that does not need a lot of whitening or help for their teeth, then these can be helpful, especially at a lower price. But for someone who has very stained or darkened teeth, he probably needs to invest a little bit more money into a higher quality product that can give better results than this particular one.

For lower stains or needs, then this product can be effective. But for someone who has darker teeth or have had problems for a longer time, he probably needs to find something better, as this may not be as effective for him as he would like.

Convenience
I have no complaints about the convenience of this product.

Minimal Side Effects
Personally, I have never had any negative side effects at all from using this product. That type of thing can certainly vary from person to person though, so one must always be aware of the possibility and warnings of potential side effects.

• Minimal Side Effects:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Equate Dental Whitening Strips:

Equate dental whitening strips may cost a lot less than the leading name brands, but they are not nearly as effective. They are convenient to use, but I did not see a noticable change in the color of my teeth after using the whole box as instructed. I was very disappointed.

Definitely not for me !

from Lancaster, NY

Comments about Equate Dental Whitening Strips:

The only positive thing about the Equate Dental Whitening Strips is the cost. The Equate brand is carried by Walmart. This brand is cheaper than most other name brand teeth whitening strips. It seems to be that whatever whitening strips I attempt to use I have to dry off my teeth first. Trying to keep the inside of your mouth dry so that the strips will stay on your teeth for the recommended amount of time is a bit of a challenge. It doesn't sound like much of a drawback but it is annoying and time-consuming. You're supposed to leave the strips on for half an hour. My gums became irritated and red after using the product just one time. The taste is simply dreadful. Your teeth yellow with the aging process. They become even more stained depending on whether or not you smoke, and eat or drink certain products. I think I will tolerate my off-white colored teeth before I use this product again. I only used the product one time and did not want to try again after that. There was no difference in the color of my teeth after trying it just one time.

I only used the product once. There was no change.

Convenience
Using the product is time-consuming and annoying.

Minimal Side Effects
I had red, swollen, and irritated gums from using this product.

• Minimal Side Effects:

Not so great - horrible taste.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Equate Dental Whitening Strips:

Equate Dental Whitening Strips were an inexpensive alternative to some of the other name brands. Unfortunately I didn’t really care for them. They had a very strange taste to them and they made my mouth feel gritty. I still used them a few times before I decided no way. I didn’t really see the results I was hoping for either. They did brighten my teeth a little but not like other ones that I had used in the past. They were easy to use which was a plus and they fit my budget but I just didn’t feel they were worth the cost considering the less than stellar results I got from using them. The strips were thick and they seemed a little difficult to get placed correctly on my teeth, they also didn’t stick or stay in place very easily. I was not happy with them and next time I will spend a little more and get a better quality product that really works. I feel like I wasted my money on these.

Big disappointment

from TX

Comments about Equate Dental Whitening Strips:

I had an important presentation scheduled one day and was running low on funds so I stopped at the store and bought the store brand teeth whitening strips they had. I wanted to get that fresh out of the dentist white polished look but that did not happen. The strips would not stay attached for anything. I decided to use a towel and wipe away any kind of moisture off my teeth and try again but that still did not work. Any movement I would make with my mouth would be enough to make them fall off. I had to hold the strips on myself the entire time and was not surprised when I was done and did not see any results. I know that this is a lower price generic item but that does not mean that I want to pay money for something that will not work at all. I would definitely not recommend to others and suggest they pay the additional money to get an item that will do the job right the first time. I will never buy this product again and because it is a personal hygiene product, I could not return for a refund, what a waste of time and money.

I did not see a difference at all.

Convenience
Not easy to use, I do not want a product that I have to hold the strips on for the entire time.

Minimal Side Effects
No side effects because I do not think it has any whitening product in it. Most likely just gel.

An Uncomfortable but Viable Product

Comments about Equate Dental Whitening Strips:

I purchased these in hopes that they would be a decent tool to whiten my teeth, and while they did lift some stains, the side effects were very unpleasant and makes me not want to buy them again. While they are cheap in cost, you can tell that they are cheaper in quality compared to say, Crest. The trays for your mouth are awkwardly cut and the gel is loaded with hydrogen peroxide gel beyond what is needed. I would recommend saving your money and actually buying a name brand.

Admittedly, my teeth were whiter, and it felt as though it was an obvious whiteness as well.

Convenience
These were anything but convenient. You need to wear the trays for at least 15 minutes for them to be effective, and it is indeed a very uncomfortable time.

Minimal Side Effects
Unfortunately, I had a decent amount of teeth sensitivity that resulted from this product. I didn't notice it as much at first, but it gradually became more intense the longer I used this product. The trays are also somewhat painful if the edges rub against your gums.

Wouldn't recommend

Comments about Equate Dental Whitening Strips:

Equate is much cheaper than Crest and that is definitely a plus. However, I wouldn't recommend these strips to a friend. It is necessary to dry your teeth off before you put these on, and keep a tissue in your mouth so you don't drool during the time they are in place. It is very inconvenient and uncomfortable. These strips don't stay on well, either. I feel as if I am not getting a thorough whitening because it doesn't go into the cracks between teeth, leaving those cracks looking gross! I even floss excessively to avoid this issue, but it cannot be resolved. I wouldn't recommend strips of any brand, but if I learn that Equate makes a brush-on or a gel, I would definitely be interested in the money saver!

• Minimal Side Effects:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Equate Dental Whitening Strips:

I use the equate brand strips. They are much easier to use than any other brand I have used.
I've had professional whitening and these strips are just as good or better. The person that said they are so hard to use must not have teeth, she must need a workshop and a little help with anything she does. They are just great. My grandmother who shakes like a leaf uses them with no problem.

Minimal Side Effects
The person that stated they are so difficult to use must not have teeth. They are simple and so easy to use. Best system I have used.

• Minimal Side Effects:

Satisfied with the whitening but hate the gum irritation.

Comments about Equate Dental Whitening Strips:

My teeth were noticably whiter after one use of the whitening strips. However, my teeth and gums were very irritated by this product. After three days I did see more of a whiter shade.This is a good teeth whitener for it's price. I just wish it wasn't so irritating.

Work great if you dry your teeth!

Comments about Equate Dental Whitening Strips:

When I first tried these I couldn't get them to stay on well either. I found that if I dry my teeth first they stay on much better. I know that sounds a little bizzare, but that way there is no water/mouthwash/toothpaste/saliva between the gel and your teeth, and the gel bonds better with the dry surface. I just use a washcloth or the corner of a towel and wipe them and then put the strips on immediately. I still have to press them down hard a couple of times, but it worked much better. Other than that, they work the best for the lowest price.