Other Facial Moisturizers:

Equate Complete Beauty Lotion SPF 15 - Sensitive Skin

Pros

Cons

A good moisturizer, but a brief adjustment period was required

I came across Equate Complete Sensitive Skin All Day Moisture Lotion with SPF 15 while I was purchasing my regular moisturizer. After reading the ingredients I noticed that Equate was very similar to my name brand lotion. I decided to buy both moisturizers and see if there was any real world differences. I applied a pea size quantity to my entire face twice a day after cleansing. The lotion made my skin soft and did an excellent job of hydrating, but maybe too good of a job. About a hour after applying this lotion my face became overly shiny. I blotted my face with a wipe, but it became oilier with each wipe. At one point during the day it appeared like I was sweating, but it was just oil running down my face. Because of the constant blotting my skin grew irritated and it caused a minor breakout. I continued to use Equate for several weeks to see if my skin would get use to it and eventually the excessive production of oil calmed down, but my face was still too oily. I decided to stick with my name brand moisturizer over Equate because it doesn't present me with any negative side effects and there's no adjustment period.

Not bad..

Equate Complete Beauty Lotion is a decent alternative to those who want the benefits of the name brand products, without the higher price tag. I have used Equate Complete Beauty Lotion as well as the Olay brand product, in which this one is similar too. I have to admit, that I actually like this one better. It seemed to be more effective, and leave my skin feeling soft and hydrated for longer than the Olay brand. That being said, my skin seemed to have more breakouts when I used this product than it did before I started using it, or even since my last use of this product. I noticed that my skin had more blackheads, as well as whiteheads, and it seemed as if my face was not clean, no matter how thouroughly I cleansed. I know not everyone is breakout prone like I tend to be, so I would recommend this to those of you who like the Olay brand, but do not wish to spend as much. This product is just as good.

Equate Complete Beauty Lotion SPF 15

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Equate Complete Beauty Lotion SPF 15 - Sensitive Skin:

I love Equate Complete Beauty Lotion SPF 15. I use it in the Winter months when I am not outside as much and the sun is not as hot and direct. Comparing the cost of this lotion with higher end brands finds this lotion to be very cost effective. It is perfect for someone on a limited budget. I find this lotion to apply very easily and smoothly to my skin. I use it not only on my face, but on my neck and upper chest are. I have discovered when using this lotion that a little bit goes a long way, yet still provides great coverage. The lotion provides excellent hydration for my skin. When I need to wear a foundation, I will blend the lotion with the liquid foundation before applying to my face. It is the perfect, lightweight coverage I need. This lotion has a light, refreshing scent that does not clash with any other products I would be using. The lotion dispenses easily from the bottle. I find this lotion a must to pack in my toiletry bag.

• Ease of Application:

Nice alternative to the brand name.

from Indiana

Comments about Equate Complete Beauty Lotion SPF 15 - Sensitive Skin:

I'm a big fan of the Olay Complete Moisturizer for sensitive skin, which this Equate brand is designed after. I tried out the Equate brand to see if it would be a decent way to spend save some money. Over all I found this moisturizer to be a suitable replacement for the Olay that I had been using. The texture is very similar and very moisturizing. It is not overly greasy or gloopy, which is one of the things I really enjoy about it. The price cannot be beat as well. The only part I really did not care for with this moisturizer is that the scent is a little too medicinal. I also found that this can be hard to find and not available in my preferred stores for shopping.

This moisturizer is easy to apply, goes on smoothly. Works well for my overly oily tzone and my dry patches.

The scent is a bit too medicinal for my taste, but that's better than being overly floral or perfume laden. I would like it if they could reduce the scent or make it stay on the skin less.

Works Great!

Comments about Equate Complete Beauty Lotion SPF 15 - Sensitive Skin:

I've been using the Equate moisturizer for years now and it works great! I have dry, sensitive skin and as long as I use this lotion every morning right after showering, my face doesn't get any dry spots. I also love that it has SPF 15 since I tend to sunburn easily. It's nice knowing I don't need to worry about getting a sunburn being outside for ten minutes! I also like that it lasts a long time using a dime size dollop everyday, I only buy a new bottle every month and a half to two months. A little bit goes a long way. The price can't be beat for the product either. I've used the name-brand Olay, which is the exact same thing and it's less than half the price of Olay. The only problem I have with it is that you have to rub it in really well or it feels slightly greasy. I like the smell of it too, it smells light and clean without being overpowering. If you want a great moisturizer for a good deal than this is it!

A good moisturizer, but a brief adjustment period was required

from Westchester, IL

A Bit Uncomfortable

from Utah

Comments about Equate Complete Beauty Lotion SPF 15 - Sensitive Skin:

Overall, comparing cost to effectiveness for this type of product, it can be a good deal. It has its drawbacks, but it is a good price.

This lotion does moisturize the skin pretty well, and the SPF 15, although light, does give some added protection from the sun. If someone is in the bright sun for an extended period of time, they should use something stronger. But if for short periods, this can be effective.

Ease of Application
This lotion simply rubs into the skin, making it quite easy to apply in principle. However, it does have two drawbacks. The SPF 15 is light protection, but it does need to be spread evenly to avoid suntan lines and smears. The second drawback is that it can leave the skin feeling somewhat greasy and oily. Especially if one is in the sun and already hot, that can be quite an uncomfortable feeling.

This lotion does not have a strong or overpowering scent that is unpleasant to smell. It is relatively light and unobtrusive, making it good for long-term use.

• Ease of Application:

Even better than more expensive brands!

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Equate Complete Beauty Lotion SPF 15 - Sensitive Skin:

I really love Equate Complete Beauty Lotion! It makes my face feel so soft and smooth and is an amazing moisturizer. It really hydrates my skin and gives it a beautiful healthy looking glow. It even has a pretty and pleasant scent that is not strong at all. It seems to be good for all skin types as well. I had previously tried Oil of Olay complete beauty lotion and this compares to it very well and the price on this is even a lot better. I am on a tight budget like so many other people, so I am always happy to find a great buy that I like to use.

I think that this product is very effective and hydrates my face very well and even seems to soften the wrinkles a little bit. It makes my skin very soft and silky.

Ease of Application
This wonderful lotion is so very easy to use and a little bit really goes a long way, so you don't even have to use a lot each day.

This product has such a wonderful scent that is pleasant and a little sweet,but not too much and it is not strong like some lotions might be.

Not bad..

• Ease of Application:

I LOVE Equate complete all day moisture lotion!

from Stockton, NJ

Comments about Equate Complete Beauty Lotion SPF 15 - Sensitive Skin:

So I used to use the Olay complete moisture lotion but on one of my many trips to Wal-Mart I noticed that there was an equate version next to it. The best part, it was cheaper!! I am always looking for ways to cut down on my costs so I decided to give this a try since it was also the sensitive version and it looked comparable. There was not much of a difference at all! There is no oil in it which is a plus since you do not have to worry about your skin becoming oily or clogging your pores, and it has the SPF 15 factor that the Olay version has too. It is fragrance free so you do not have to worry that it might smell bad on your face. I use this lotion every day to help protect my skin from harmful UV rays and to keep it moisturized year round. I also like that you can get this at Wal-Mart because I am always getting one thing or other there, so it's a plus. I would recommend trying this product if you like the Olay version but not the price or if you want a great facial moisturizer!

Equate's Moisture Lotion is just as good as name brand!

from Columbia, MO

Comments about Equate Complete Beauty Lotion SPF 15 - Sensitive Skin:

I have been using this lotions for many years now. I used to use the Olay version, but once I discovered there was an Equate version I decided to give it a try and see how it compared. I really couldn't tell the difference. It worked just as well and was so much cheaper than Olay. I love that it has SPF 15 in it, so I can moisturize my face and at the same time protect it from the sun. That is a big plus for me. I also am a big fan of the fact that it is oil free. I love this! My skin gets very dry especially during the winter and summer and I like that I don't have to worry about it clogging my pores. I also like that there isn't a really strong smell to it. Some of the face lotions are way too potent for my taste. This one is very light and don't make me smell funny. Another plus is that it is specific to sensitive skin so it doesn't cause any irritation. I think this is definitely a good product at a great price.

I love this face lotion! And has an awesome price!

from Soddy Daisy, TN

Comments about Equate Complete Beauty Lotion SPF 15 - Sensitive Skin:

I love this face lotion! It's the generic version of Oil Of Olay, but does just as good! It contains SPF15. I buy the sensitive skin version which is oil free. It's a great lotion at a wonderful price!