Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap

Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap

Pros

Cons

you may not like it, but it beat all others in bacterial tests

I am a microbiology major, and we tested 50 different antibacterial hand soaps. Equate hand soap, did the best in killing bacteria such as *staphylococcus aeureus, *which is found in contanimated food products and areas where the food is prepared and can make people sick. They have the unscented ones, so if the aroma is the problem then switch to that. I think that this study prooved that this is the best antibacterial hand soap on the market.

Some generic products work great. This one is AWFUL!

***Quick View:*** I bought a huge jug of **Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap **at Wal-Mart thinking it would be fine to use as a simple liquid soap. It is awful. It dries out my hands, doesn't lather, and has a sickening floral scent. It is so thin that you need a load of it just to get your hands clean.***About Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap***

The jug I bought was 48 ounces, I believe. It was in a big plastic jug and said it was comparable Soft Soap. The soap is a clear purple shade and is very runny and thin. I filled up one of my hand soap containers and stored the rest. It was evident from the first washing that this stuff was bad news. I felt like I needed to use five or six pumps of the soap to even get any lather. It didn't make my hands feel like they were being washed. The scent is so floral and typical. It is strong and not very pleasant - although it isn't a terrible odor. Just a very generic, typical floral. Dish washing liquid floral. The worst part is that it strips my hands and makes them tight and dry every time I use it. I just used it now, forgetting that I have Method hand wash sitting on the other side of the Equate, and my hands feel like sandpaper. I need to put lotion on them pronto or they will end up chapped.

I have had this jug for ages but no one is my family will use it. It sits there and all the other hand washes get used up and the Equate container just stays full except for the amount I poured into the smaller container. My husband says it doesn't clean his hands and my sons say it stinks. I really wasted my money on this. I believe it is a Wal-Mart brand exclusive but could not find a photo. However, do stay away from Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap. It's cheap but not worth a cent.

***My Viewpoint***

This is one of the worst hand washes I ever used. I never had a soap dry my hands out as badly as this does. It really has no redeeming qualities except that it is cheap. But no one will use it so I threw my money away. It smells like cheap dish detergent and I think I may just toss out the jug and be done with it. Lesson learned. ***1 star.***

I would never buy again

from Fairview, Or

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Last Long
    • Dries Skin
    • Unpleasant Smell
    • Very thin and watery

Comments about Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap:

I have used this before and it was fine. Apparently this new formula they have messed up on. Very thin and will not lather.

just another Generic Type Soap

Comments about Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap:

I think Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap is basically like most other hand soaps, its pretty generic enough that it cleans your hands, suds them up decent enough, just don't expect a nourishing experience.

This soap is basic and will clean your hands. It will lather and get the gunk off, and does its job. Nothing too exciting beyond that. You would want to use lotion after repeated uses of Equate though, for your hands would become dried out, but for the extra bathroom that needs basic soap for unexpected guests, this one will do just fine.

Unless you get a special version, just think medicinal soap smell. Your hands will smell clean, and they probably are, but nothing feminine about it at all. You wouldn't buy this soap for the lovely scent in the first place, you would buy the soap for the basic cleaning power it has while using it. If you are concerned about nice smelling soaps, or gentle lathers, don't use Equate.

Fine for Home

from Utah

Comments about Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap:

For a regular kitchen or bathroom sink, this hand soap is all that is needed to provide for good hand-washing and germ killing. It is cheaper than most of the alternatives, and it seems to work just as well as any other brand. So all around, I would recommend this soap for daily use around the house.

Although this soap doesn't necessarily cut through hard grease and things like that that one can get on their hands (which you wouldn't necessarily expect from a soap like this), it is effective for everyday use. For a regular hand soap, it cleans and disinfects as well as any. It's hard to measure how well it kills bacteria in the home, but it seems to help keep germs down around the house when someone is sick, as the sickness hasn't spread as much as it could.

This equate antibacterial soap does not give off any particular scent other than a fresh, clean scent. But the simple scent that it does give is pleasant.

Affordable and great soap

Comments about Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap:

We are on a tight budget in my household and we use Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap frequently. We buy the big jug of it and refill our dispensers with it. It has a nice smell that is not overpowering-it just smells fresh and clean. It makes a nice, bubbly lather that easily washes off. It does not leave your hands feeling dry or covered in a residue.

Kills germs and makes a great, rich lather to wash away those disgusting creatures to keep your family feeling their best!

The scent is nice and fresh and not overwhelming.

Best stuff for acne!

Comments about Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap:

I don't know why some of the reviews are so awful, this stuff literally made my life better. A year ago I used a product which gave me acne, which I'd never had before. I tried a bunch of different products and diy methods and nothing worked, so I decided to use hand soap since I remembered my sister would do that, and poof, my acne was all gone. It took a few months, but the results were so good and i'm so happy i decided to try it. I use it every morning before school or when I wake up on weekends. It's kept my skin clear for so long. Whenever I forget to use it I get a couple break outs but when I start using it again it disappears. It truly does kill all the bacteria on my face, and wherever you'd get breakouts. It doesn't dry my face up (except in the winter of course) and it's great to use as normal hand soap. The scent is mild, and smells good. I just use the normal one, i'm not sure what scent it is, but it's just the plain regular one. We buy the big jugs of them and they're cheap and a great deal. I really don't think I could live without this stuff and it's the most important product for my beauty regime. Highly recommend if you have acne troubles! I have oily skin, but it's mild on my forehead.

This Stuff Was Awful

from Podunk, NY

Comments about Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap:

One of the offices that I have had to frequent a lot was using equate hand antibacterial soap in the rest room. Because I used that rest room every time I had to be in the office, I found myself washing my hands and cringing at the hand soap.

Not only did the soap make my hands feel stripped, tight, and dry, but it also smelled awful.

I am rating this two stars because it does clean the hands, but it leaves the hands stripped and in such rough shape that I really stressed about it when I was in the rest room knowing that my hands would suffer all day long after using it. I got to the point where I brought a tiny little travel bottle of Dr Bronner's Liquid Castile Soap with me everywhere I went just to avoid using it. I was so relieved when that office started using a different kind that was not a whole lot better, but not quite as harsh on the hands in case I ran out of my own soap.

I am not sure of the scent in the office, but it was kind of a peach or orange color if I remember correctly. The smell was kind of like something you would find in an institutional deodorizer that is not very pleasant. It was okay, but not WOW by any means.

Good Deal for Cheaper Soap that works!!

from Warren, OH

Comments about Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap:

I purchased the Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap in Citrus Fresh scent. It was actually a kitchen hand soap but I use it in the restroom and think it works rather well. It smells great and keeps hands clean and free of bacteria. I like the fact that it is antibacterial soap because I prefer this over non antibacterial soaps. This soap is much cheaper than the leading brands and is a store brand that can be found at walmart. It comes in other scents as well and is very comparable to softsoap, but it more reasonably priced. It comes in a 7.5 ounce bottle which is good size for my bathroom sink. There are refills available to refill the bottle also, but it different scents. It is great smelling and does not leave your hands dry or cracked. Overall, I would recommend this soap contrary to other reviews because it is cost effective and works just as well as if you were to spend more money on the name brand products.

Its just colored water

from Middletown, CT

Comments about Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap:

The liquid is so water that it just blows at a very high speed and get on your clothes. It dries your hands so bad that in winters you HAVE to use a touch of moisturiser after washing your hands. On the positive side its  chaper than other liquid hand washes.

Some generic products work great. This one is AWFUL!

from The heart of , NY

***My Viewpoint***

Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap is great!

from Bland, VA

Comments about Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap:

I'm definitely a bargain hunter, but there are things that seem to be more difficult than others to find deals on and liquid hand soap is one of those, so I find myself buying Equate Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap fairly often. I always buy the large refill bottles which saves even more money.

The one I buy doesn't list a scent on the bottle like the others, but it is orange in color. I know many people have complained about the scent of Equate brand soaps, but this particular one smells very neutral. Even my boyfriend with the sensitive nose doesn't seem to have any issues with it.

It also doesn't dry my hands out as easily as other more well-known brands do. I wash my hands a lot, so every once in awhile in the middle of winter, my hands will still feel dry, but that's to be expected and it does happen a lot less often when I use Equate.

Overall, I would recommend this product to anyone looking to buy liquid hand soap. The price is right, the smell is neutral, it lathers well, and doesn't dry out your hands. No complaints from me!