4.1
Other Magazines:
Entertainment Weekly Magazine

Entertainment Weekly Magazine

4.1

A great magazine for lovers of the Entertainment World.

Entertainment Weekly is one of those magazines that people who love the entertainment industry have to have. Covering everything involving pop culture in society right now, it specializes in television and movie entertainment. The news can range from in-depth back stories of films and television, to insider stories about the people celebrities and the people who have made them who they are. It is interesting to say the least, and the best part about the magazine is that you never know what will be the next great story that you get to read. They aren't a gossip magazine like US, but rather rely on factual stories, and interviews with the stars that we love to watch. Instead of hearing about the dirty laundry that is prevalent in a lot of the magazines that are on the market, Entertainment Weekly instead tries to focus on the backgrounds of the celebrities, and how they ended up being idolized by millions of people everywhere. Basically, you get to learn everything that got these people to where they are now, but without the rumors and ‘untruths' that some magazines will use to increase sales. **Set up of Entertainment Weekly** Despite the fact that the stories change on a weekly basis, there are a few set categories that the stories can be split up to in every issue. First off, we have the mail section, where letters that are written into the magazine are posted, and questions from those letters are answered. Some of them are really interesting, and it is fun to see what other people are thinking as they read through the magazines. Then we have the News + Notes section, where they go over things that have been going on in the industry. This is the cover-all for anything that would be popular, but wouldn't warrant a full story for itself. You could find an event that a celebrity was putting on, a new job or endeavor that a former star went into, or a quick quote about an upcoming movie that has been approved by a studio. All interesting tid-bits, it is fun to read about a lot of the things that go on behind the scenes on sets of major movies and television shows. Often there are charts of things that are going on, and pictures of things like before and after, or career progression notes for a new big star. When they get done with the news and notes of the industry, Entertainment Weekly gets into the major stories that they are focusing on for that week under ‘Features'. This is the real meat of the magazine, as we are able to enjoy stories about movies that are coming, actors that are breaking through in the industry, new televisions shows that have taken America by storm, and smaller feel-good articles about great things that people in the industry have been involved in. That last part shows us the good side of people and charity endeavors that they have been working on, or events for aiding others which they have been in charge of. The last major section of the magazine is the ‘review' section where Entertainment Weekly reviews Movies, DVD & Videos, Television, Music, and Books. So if there is something important being released in the entertainment industry, you are probably going to find it in this magazine. The other great thing that they have is the "Must List", where discuss 10 great things that you need to see, hear, or read in the industry at the issues release date. I find myself always interested in things that people think I should be taking a look at. **Reliability and Relevance of Entertainment Weekly** In the magazine industry today, it is hard to find a magazine about the entertainment field that doesn't pull strings or cut corners to get a story out. Too often things are sensationalized, rather than presenting the story just as it is in real life. When it comes to reading about movies or television, I really don't like reading about opinions as much as I like reading about facts and anecdotes and coming up with my own opinion on things. If I have stories that deal with all aspects of a production, or gives me a lot of background on the lead actor/actress in a new drama, it gives me new insight on just how great these projects could be. I am the type of person always wanting to make my mind up for myself, and I think that this is one of those magazines that do a great job of letting me learn, rather than telling me what to think. If I want someone else's opinion or I want to be told what to think, there are other magazines that I could turn to. But, for stories that are reliable and relevant to my interests, I really feel that Entertainment Weekly is one of the better magazines on the market. **Thoughts and Information on Ordering Entertainment Weekly** Entertainment Weekly is exactly what it says it is, and that's a weekly entertainment magazine that comes out with a brand new issue every Friday. Having something to look forward to reading on the weekends, and knowing that you will find the articles interesting are just a couple of the main reasons to go with Entertainment Weekly. As I said earlier though, with the knowledge that you can count on the factual basis of the articles you are reading, it also becomes a safer choice when you are basing your own personal knowledge on what you read. Interesting cover photos, in-depth interviews, back-stage stories, and color photographs within the magazine are additional selling points that could make even more people interested in this magazine. At just over $50 for a yearly subscription on some web-sites, you can save a lot of money if you decide to get it in the mail. If you end up buying it from the news stand weekly, you will be paying a lot more for that many issues. With bonus issues featuring major events in the industry, and 52 magazines throughout the year, this is really a must have if you are going to keep your finger on the pulse of the entertainment industry. If you haven't read it before, I urge that you give it a try, and pick up a copy at your local store. You will soon find that this is a very valuable source of information and you could get hooked as quickly as I have.

It all started with good intentions

***Bottom-Line***: **Entertainment Weekly** is fun and somewhat informative to read, but I probably will not renew my subscription

I was one of the original subscribers to...Read complete review

I was one of the original subscribers to **Entertainment Weekly** magazine when the periodical hit the stands some ten years ago.  Back then the magazine was serious about the business of entertainment and I could always count on substance or stuffing.  My how times have changed, and so has **Entertainment Weekly, **but not for the better.  The magazine used to give a fairly good write up on all thing entertainment from books to movies, music to television.  The reviews were long, engaging, and informative, but perhaps in a nod towards Americans' increasingly shortened attention the span the reviews have been truncated, and hence far less useful.

Over the intervening years **Entertainment Weekly's **format has not changed** **even if the quality of the content has.  The magazine is divided up into the following sections: *Mail, *

*News & Notes, Features, Reviews (Movies, DVD & Video, Television, Music, and Books).*

**My Viewpoint **

Like all modern American magazines with an eye (or two) firmly fixated on the bottom-line, practically every other page of **Entertainment Weekly **is devoted to advertisements from all manner of corporations.  At first this is disconcerting, but after a while the slick, colorful, glossy pages fade into the background.

But **Entertainment Weekly **is not all bad, there is some useful information to be found with the folds of it highly polished pages, mostly in the *News & Notes* section.  And I have to admit that the magazines feature articles are darn good even if the review leave me wanting for more.

I originally stopped subscribing to **Entertainment Weekly** because most of its content could easily be found on the Internet in some form or another.  The only thing I missed was the feature articles which are always well written and informative, but not enough to keep me subscribing.  I only subscribed this time to satisfy my daughter's fund-raising needs.  **Entertainment Weekly** is fun and somewhat informative to read, but I probably will not renew my subscription.

great bathroom reading

from Trenton, MI

Comments about Entertainment Weekly Magazine:

I have been a subscriber to this magazine since the very beginning-great articles on what's going on in entertainment and pop culture.I'm not too keen on their new layouts-I prefer how the magazine looked previously.It also seems like the page count has gone down-otherwise a pretty good magazine.

Great entertainment news

from North Bergen, NJ

Comments about Entertainment Weekly Magazine:

Overall a great magazine for the avid movie goer.  Always great informative reviews of all the current movies.  Enjoyable articles.  I have been receiving this magazine for many years and always look forward to the next issue.  I have reviewed other similar magazines for this style and Entertainment still holds as the best for me

I love it!

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Entertainment Weekly Magazine:

I think it is the perfect magazine to read.  The article are short, but well written.  It's the perfect magazine to read at the end of a long week because I don't have to think much about it.  I can just read.  I can read about my favorite actors and TV and movies I would never have heard of otherwise.  I don't expect this magazine to cure the world's problems or be super serious.  I read it for fun.  And it accomplishes its goal.

low brow coverage of weekly entertainment/gossip.

from Cape Coral, FL

Comments about Entertainment Weekly Magazine:

I ordered a subscription through expriring frequent flyer mileage. I am not a fan of this magazine because I find many of the comments snarky and obnoxious in the attempt to be humourous. I enjoy entertainment magazines as a way to unwind from the news or serious books, and thsi one doesn't so much as distract me as it does irritate me. The reviews are silly and most of the content vapid. I wouldn't actually pay for this magazine and I won't renew with extra miles because it doesn't get read anymore....recycled immediately.

Good entertainment magazine

from Watervliet, NY

Comments about Entertainment Weekly Magazine:

I love that the magazine covers a wide variey of genres - it's not just about TV or Movies or celebrities but they also cover books and music. I'd love to see them add another section with news/reviews about current Broadway productions.  I enjoy the Must List section and the quick "news + notes".

Great Entertainment Update all in one magazine each week!

from Arnold, MO

Comments about Entertainment Weekly Magazine:

Entertainment Weekly gives you just enough info to keep you up-to-date each week with the latest news in everything dealing with entertainment.  Short, to-the-point news bites.  Not too long, just the right amount of info for busy people on the go who have just a few minutes to catch-up on celebrity, tv, & media news.  A quick & interesting read!

I LOVE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS ITS THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY DAY

from Huntington, WV

Comments about Entertainment Weekly Magazine:

I LOVE ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY IT FILLS ME IN ALL THE LASTEST NEWS,FASHION,GOSSIP JUST TIPS AND MANY MORE THINGS WHO DOES NOT LIKE ENTERTAINMENT MAGS THEY ARE GREAT,TELLS YOU WHATS GOOD AND WHATS NOT,ALL ABOUT THINGS HAPPENING IN TV WORLD,I READ EVER CHANCE I GET ,IT KEEPS ME INFORMED SO I THINK YOU WILL LIKE THE MAG TO.READ FOR YOURSELF!

Good entertainment magazine but not the best

from Johnstown, PA

Comments about Entertainment Weekly Magazine:

Entertainment weekly is a good magazine but not the best.  First of all the subscription is a little high priced for what you get and they never seem to make it to my house on time.  It's suppuse to be weekly not 2 issues every other week.  Some of the articles are informative and others are just bland and lacking everything.  One good thing is if you like celebrity photos there are lots of them in this magazine.  Some great parts are the movie and tv show reviews.  All in all this magazine is just OK there are better entertainment magazines out there.

catch up on all the news

from Brookville, IN

Comments about Entertainment Weekly Magazine:

Reading this magazine you can catch up on all the etertainment news that you have missed. Magazine lovers and gossip lovers will love it.  You won't have to worry about missing your entertainment televsion show, just read this magazine. These articles will all keep you updated.

Makes me feel all insidery!

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Entertainment Weekly Magazine:

This isn't a hollywood gossip magazine. If it talks about scandals, it's more about how scandals might affect the business of Hollywood or the person's career than about the scandal itself. The regular columnists are great -- my favorite is the regular Stephen King column on the last page.