2.7

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Vehicle Selection:
    • I received a sample (44), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (5)

"Hit the Road"

Customer Service

Customer Service
Spring break is just around the corner, and many adults can hardly wait to hit the road! Though many lasting memories are made during leisure in the vacation setting, my experiences in the vehicle on the way to the destination are just as eventful. While the manner in which Enterprise Rent-A-Car sales agents endorse their car insurance is slightly annoying, the customer service is exceptional, the vehicles are well-kept, and the 2011 Dodge Avenger I rented made my most recent trip one of the best to date.
Car insurance is essential to all licensed drivers; however, the coverage Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers is over-priced, and features all the same benefits as other full coverage providers. Since my rental was only needed for an overnight trip to Indianapolis from Evansville, I reasoned that there was less risk associated with a shorter drive. On the other hand, I might have given the expense more consideration if my drive entailed a longer distance. In most cases, a driver's own insurance is more than sufficient. Upon arrival, the sales representative twice attempted to persuade me to purchase additional coverage while completing the transaction. Although I empathize that he was simply doing his job, I became slightly irritated; most of the particulars, including car insurance, were discussed over the phone prior to the visit. After politely declining both attempts, the agent moved along to the disclosures.
I was extremely impressed with the sales rep's presentation. While he was unsuccessful in his attempt to promote the additional cost, he remained courteous and well-mannered. As a previous sales agent in a call center, I understand how discouraging it can be to fail to capture a business opportunity.

Vehicle Selection
If this representative was at all disappointed, he never once let it show. Instead, he continued to smile and proceeded with the process. Based on this display of professionalism, it is no surprise that J.D. Power and Associates ranked Enterprise Rent-A-Car “Highest in Rental Car Customer Satisfaction” seven times in the past seven years.
After discussing my vehicle and budget needs with the rep, it was time to make a selection from the parking lot. Due to the short term 24 hour rental with only one additional passenger accompanying me, a standard size vehicle met both our comfort and budget needs. While previewing the variety, it was apparent that all of the choices were maintained very well. They all had shiny exteriors with unsoiled upholstery.
I finally settled on an onyx 2011 Dodge Avenger. Not only did it exceed my cleanly standards, but the additional features really made my travel experience among the most enjoyable. It only cost 25 dollars to fill up the gas tank from half, so this car was great on gas mileage. The temperature controls worked instantaneously, which added to the comfort of the trip. By far my favorite feature was the SiriusXM satellite radio service. Satellite radio enables the listener to enjoy their favorite entertainment without interference from crossing locales! My friend and I laughed and sang along to the same radio channel the entire way to Indianapolis and back.
If you are looking to rent a vehicle in the near future, I strongly recommend Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Besides the initial sales strategies, the award winning staff, and the excellent quality of vehicles make this place to best choice for car rentals. I refuse to rent from any other company!

The loss control dept. treats enterprise customers horribly.

I  am a vip renter for Enterprise Rental Car.  I usually rent my cars on the East Coast.  This reveiw concerns my last rental through the Manchester, New Hampshire airport.  Unfortunately, when I was returning the car to the airport, I was rear-ended by an uninsured driver.  Enterprise would not allow me to get to my plane until I paid them $500.00 for a scuff and dime sized hole on the back bumper.  Since then, I have been dealing with loss control to get my money back.  They have done nothing but lie to me and drag their feet.  They are also lying to my Insurance Rep. who has just recently gotten involved  assisting me.  I will never rent from Enterprise Rent a Car again!  I highly recommend that if you read this, you don't either!!!

Rip off artists, aka thieves!

from Lemon Grove, Ca

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Don't bother to reserve, won't get what you requested! Add another $20.00 to your quoted rate, as the car asked for is never there! But wait, when you get there to pay the rate you were told, add $200.00 to it ! And don't expect any refund, when they tell you its returned to your bank account. Add another 5 + days, if your lucky! As for costumer service...very very rude, and don't call them on it, heaven forbid! The manager"Andy", is a real jurk! Won't ever deal with a rental from them again! Learned the hard way!!!

False Service

from Birmingham

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I booked a vehicle to pickup a group in Atlanta over the weekend. I told the agent that I needed a full size van or full size Suburban due to the number of people and luggage. He asked which vehicle I would prefer and I told him the Suburban, but it needs to be a Suburban and not anything smaller. He confirmed the Suburban. When I arrived to pick up the vehicle a Ford Expedition was all they had ready for me. The vehicle does not have the room for the group and their luggage as the back seat was up against the back door. The agent kept telling me that they can not guarantee a specific vehicle...there were no options available. I am stuck without transportation for the group and this did not bother the agent in the least.

What a joke.

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Alright so my team and I had a National competition to go to for my high school. Our advisor took us to it. Well my school district doesn't allow the district cars to leave the state. So we had to get a rental car. We get to the enterprise at the airport for our car. We pull in to pick it up and asked where to park the car we drove to the airport. An employee told us to just park in one of the lanes up ahead. So we pulled into one and transferred all of our stuff to the rental.
Well when we arrived back from our competition we went to get our car and it was gone. We ask them what happened to it. They told us it was towed because we can't park it there. Well after explaining why we were parked there they tell us they won't gelp us out with getting the car back. So we simply ask if they would give us a discount for our rental since it was their fault our car was towed. I mean they told us to park there. So anyways, they denie is the discount and everything we asked them to help us out. The only thing they would do was take us to the tow shop to get our car. So in the end we had to pay for the rental and to get our car back because of the people telling us what to do wrong. This was a joke. They should have at least accepted that they messed up and helped us out a little bit more. I will never use them again. I highly recommend not using enterprise to anyone else.

Don't Do It

from Fort Myers, Fl

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Very Poor Customer Service. Don't Waste Your Time. Fort Myers, Florida.

Would not rent me a car when I had a reservation

from Wake Forest NC

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Taylor Brown, remember that name and if she's working the day you go in RUN. This has been probably my 10th time using this particular location, and each time there has been a problem. I get there on Saturday morning, have an appointment, and I am told the oil is being changed on the car and I could either come back or wait. I chose to wait but in the meantime she wanted my license and credit card and told me there would be a huge deposit. When I balked at the deposit being more than twice what it was last year, she told me it was policy. I then told her that I had it with all the problems I always have at this store, and that I would not be back. She told me I can start right now and she was cancelling my reservation. She was really proud of herself also. I asked her to get her corporate office on the phone and she said no, "you go home and call them". I had a reservation for a trip we were going on for a wedding, and that girl took away my reservation and we were ready to leave so I could not get another one. Luckily I had transportation, but she really inconvenienced me. Get this when I called Enterprise today, and asked for a manager, Matthew told me that there really is no manager since they are all in "Management Training" there. I thought she did not look like a store manager. She's an awful person and this store is just plain awful. Don't go there - EVER.

Very poor customer service

from Watertown, CT

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I am very disappointed in the manner in which my case has been handled. I have tried several times to resolve to no avail. With phone calls, email, and even letters. For a company that should pride themselves on customer service really have done me as a customer an injustice. Issue started with the Watertown CT office, but has gone all the way to Corporate with no having the decency to reply to any of my communications.

DONT EVER RENT FROM ENTERPRISE

from Munich germany

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Where do I even start... We rented a car from enterprise and after the first day of driving it the drivetrain light appeared on the car and it would shake when we got up to high speeds which is very dangerous to drive when it is in that shape. So after a week of trying to contact them..they FINALLY came and took it from us and said they had another new car on the way. Turns out after they took it they "couldn't find another car to replace it". So after DAYS of being stranded at a hotel without a car, hundreds of phone calls and a ton of headaches they finally told us to get a taxi and take it to where are old car was and we picked it up and ended up being stuck with it for the rest of our honeymoons. It was a NIGHTMARE! Don't EVER rent from enterprise...EVER

I would never Ever use this company at all!

from Oakland, CA

Car Rental
3030 Broadway
Oakland, CA 94611

I reserved a car for 8 days online. The guy was so nice. He first approved and got the driver licence and credit card to process. After a while, a lady (probably the manager) came and declined service as though she had promised to give the car with the rate I had reserved to someone else! She offered me a higher rate and cancelled my reservation. When I opposed, she even refused service and cancelled my reservation. I have submitted a complaint and asked my employer to review and revise the contract with Enterprise. I am sorry to say that but their customer service was poor, unprofessional and she treated us in a rude arrogant manner. I would give their awful service a ZERO star.

Worst experiance

from Las Vegas Nevada

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

I rented a car to go to my nephews funeral on august 10 to the 11th I had a new pair of shoes first pair in years I forgot them in the car mine was getting the air fixed I am on disability I asked for the cheapest car cost me 166.00 for two days then when I called the kid on the phone said he knew they were there because he knew the color and all when he came back on they were not there any more..Called corporate still never have been called back funny thing right and now no one has seen them the office in Las Vegas told me I could come look really when your guy told yes then no I would never rent from them again I will go else where boy fishy

I would highly recommend Enterprise

from Fairmont WV

Comments about Enterprise Rent-A-Car:

Had a wonderful experience with Fairmont Enterprise. Great service and vehicle was absolutely fabulous!