4.1
Ensure
Ensure Creamy Milk Chocolate Shake

Ensure Creamy Milk Chocolate Shake

4.1

Helped my 15 month old daughter gain weight fast!

I have a 15-month old daughter who has trouble gaining weight. At her last checkup, she hadn't gained one single ounce in three months! Someone suggested I try giving her Ensure, and I could tell a difference in her in two days! She was gaining weight so fast I started only giving her a third of the can at a time and mixing it with whole milk. I actually bought the equate brand, which apparently works just as well. I didn't taste it myself, but it must taste good because she loved it and I would always catch her twin brother stealing drinks of it!  I highly recommend this for someone trying to gain weight.

Ensure is nourishing for people with poor diets.

I drank Ensure on a doctor's recommendation. During the difficult months before and after my marriage dissolved, my diet lacked essential nutrients such as ... food. Because of the way my body reacts to stress, there are days when chewing and swallowing is too daunting a process to undertake. There are only so many meals in a row a woman can miss before her dropping weight shifts from a consoling side effect of misery to a scary sign of unwellness. I've got work to do, a toddler to raise, and an education to complete, so I can't very well just lay down and die. Slugging down a chocolate flavored drink is a relatively painless way to avoid starving.

Chocolate-flavored Ensure is satisfyingly chocolatey, but the viscosity can be a little much. The mouthfeel is similar to raw egg whites, and it feels like a solid form sitting in the stomach. It made me full, but sometimes grossed me out. The bottle is small, so there isn't too much volume to consume, but I prefer other drinks that aren't as concentrated.

While this drink is marketed as a nutritional supplement (and that reputation is perpetuated by distributing crates of samples to doctors, who are often happy to recommend whatever they get for free), it is not very different from other drinks that call themselves weight-loss aids. In fact, when I compared the ingredients to the Kirkland brand weight-loss shakes, the diet drink came out on top with more protein, more fiber, and a higher percentage of most of the vitamins and minerals listed. None of these are as good for you as actually eating food because they are flavored with corn syrup, but sometimes they are a necessity. Since the Kirkland drink is such a good value and doesn't feel as thick and gooey, I buy those instead of Ensure.

Ensure creamy milk chocolate drink

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Ensure Creamy Milk Chocolate Shake:

I would definitely recommend Ensure creamy milk chocolate drink to adults of all ages!
I am 23 years old and I use this Ensure drink after working out to help repair and replenish my muscles. It has a lot of vitamins and minerals that help my body get adequate nutrition especially after working out because I'm definitely not getting these from my diet. I'm not the healthiest eater in the world and don't really like vegetables or fruit. So I definitely need the extra nutrition from this drink. I know that my grandmother also drinks Ensure and it really helps keep her healthy as well.
This drink is really smooth and it tastes great. I really love chocolate and this Ensure tastes a lot like chocolate milk which I love! It satisfies my constant sweet tooth and helps me feel full between meals.
I would definitely recommend Ensure creamy chocolate drink to adults of all ages and activity levels!

Great drinks for people who cannot eat.

Comments about Ensure Creamy Milk Chocolate Shake:

These drinks are a really great product and were especially helpful to my family. My grandmother was very sick with cancer and could not eat anything. We needed to get her nutrients and these drinks were our answer. We bought multiple packs of Ensure to try and find something my grandmother would like. The creamy milk chocolate flavor was the best. We used this about 5 times a day to get nutrients for my grandmother. They are a great drink for people who cannot eat for whatever reason. It will give you nutrients and help maintain some weight. They can be expensive but they are worth the price. If you need something to supplement a meal, they are a great resource. This flavor tastes like chocolate milk. You can mix it with milk and ice and make it into a milkshake consistency as well. I would highly recommend this product and this flavor. It worked wonders for us.

Quick and easy meal replacement that tastes good

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Ensure Creamy Milk Chocolate Shake:

This product is great for elderly and debilitated people who need quality calories to maintain and gain weight. But this review is from the perspective of a healthy younger person who doesn't always eat right. For busy people who want to give their bodies everything they need quickly and tastily, this is the way to go. It also tastes good. I cheat a little with the taste part and melt in chocolate ice cream, and then it truly is what i call a milk shake.

Not just for the elderly.

Comments about Ensure Creamy Milk Chocolate Shake:

This shake is very beneficial for safely gaining weight, energy, and overall health. I had always though of it as just a supplement drink for elderly people and never thought about using it. While I was pregnant with my second baby, though, I was having trouble gaining weight and keeping it on for a few months into my second trimester. The baby was not growing as well, either, so my doctor put me on a plan to drink these shakes everyday for weight gain, and a big protein boost. I was a little surprised at his prescription, but I went and bought it that very day. The shakes were surprisingly yummy, and did not taste at all like the chalky liquid that I thought they would. They also gave me amazing energy and left me feeling very upbeat and lively. By my next checkup a few weeks later, I had safely gained a few pounds of healthy baby weight. I do not use them as often now, but make my husband drink them as he has a weight gaining problem. He is now hooked on them too, and I like to steal from his stash once in a while when I want a healthy, filling, meal replacement on the go.

Tasty and satisfying nutrious shake

Comments about Ensure Creamy Milk Chocolate Shake:

I love Ensure chocolate shakes. I started drinking these in college. I did not really have any breaks between classes and knew that I would get hungry. Ensure kept me feeling focused and not worried about being hungry while I was in my classes. I prefer to get my Ensure really cold before drinking; it's very refreshing. It is convenient to drink on the go! I often drink them for breakfast or if I have a lot to do and don't feel like getting something to eat, or am not able to eat at the time. Chocolate is the best flavor, hands down. Vanilla is awful. The chocolate has a nice, smooth taste. I love that I can get the nutrition from a meal from this little bottle. I wish they were a little cheaper-if they were I would buy them more often. Ensure is great for people who aren't able to eat breakfast. I have trouble eating early in the morning so I turn to Ensure if I have a lot to do and need the nutrition of a breakfast.

Good Caloric Drink

from Lake Villa, IL

Comments about Ensure Creamy Milk Chocolate Shake:

Ensure is a good overall nutritional energy drink for people who need to gain weight, maintain weight, or have trouble eating enough calories to be where they need to be. While it does not quite taste like a milk shake (I really wish it did with the number of calories in it), it goes down pretty smooth although it tasted a little bit thicker than many of its competitors. The chocolate flavor is not too bad though, but I do believe some of the other brands are better (at least in my opinion, but again it's no milkshake). The nutrition is pretty good, although maybe a little sugary, but I guess what more could you ask for in a nutritional energy drink like ensure. It is typically not the best value, which is probably its biggest downfall and for the extra cost, I would really expect a better tasting drink (I guess you are just paying more for the name). In the end though, it still meets the need and is a way to go if you can get it for the right price.

Ensure is a decent tasting product that helps maintain my health

Comments about Ensure Creamy Milk Chocolate Shake:

I use this product daily as I have eating disorder and I find it helps keep my energy level up when I can't eat solid foods. The taste of the chocolate is very palatable and it does not leave a bad after taste in my mouth. It is a little pricey but with the results it gives makes the cost worthwhile.

Good for sick children and elderly who cannot eat.

Comments about Ensure Creamy Milk Chocolate Shake:

Recently, my child has been sick and had not been able to hold down much of his food. I was concerned for his health since he really wasn't eating anything at all and bought Ensure in hopes that he would get some of the nutrients and protein he needs through a drink instead of solid food. Thankfully, he was able to hold down this Ensure milk and he had no problem drinking it because he said it tasted just like chocolate milk. He kept drinking this nutritious drink for the duration of his sickness and I could see the color return to his face as soon as he started to drink this stuff. I am extremely thankful for this stuff as recently, my grandmother has some dental problems and was not able to eat. I gave her this Ensure to drink, so she would not be missing out of the nutrients she needs just because she couldn't eat. Nowadays, I always have a pack of Ensure at home just in case someone needs that extra nutrition.

Great for ill or cancer patients!

from Ocala, FL

Comments about Ensure Creamy Milk Chocolate Shake:

I fed this to my father. The doctor needed him to eat but he just wasn't able. He'd say, "Come on over and make me one of your shakes!" I'd use this ensure and add chocolate ice cream (Dr. recommended.)  He loved them! Until he passed away, this helped him maintain his weight and he enjoyed the times we spent chatting while we drank them. I would make them really think and he just loved the chocolate taste. I found they were great on the go, took the place of fattening candy bars and gave us both lots of energy. The flavor is amazing! If you're looking to lose weight, they make perfect meal replacements and snacks!

A good way to liven up your meal is this shake

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Ensure Creamy Milk Chocolate Shake:

If you are a person who eats the same kinds of foods daily, Ensure Creamy Milk Shake is a good way to add balance to your meals.  It will add essential proteins, vitamins, and minerals that may have been previously missing in your diet.  On the other hand, this shake is full of corn syrup which is not so good for losing weight as it can leave you ending up craving more sugary and fatty foods.