3.8

Enfamil RestFull Lipil Infant Formula

3.8

Pros

Cons

This formula is very thick and will really help baby sleep!

I bought a can of Enfamil Restfull when my baby was about 2 months old.  She was already sleeping through the night, but the formula was on sale and we were about to take a long trip so I was worried that she may revert to not sleeping through the night.

The first time I mixed the restfull formula I was really surprised by how thick it was and it wouldn't come through her size 2 nipple.  I messed with it for a while trying to thin it out with regular fomula and finally I just had to cut a bigger hole in the nipple.  Once I was able to feed it to her, she seemed to really love it and slept evern longer than she had been!!!  She is a petite baby and I also saw that she seemed to gain a little weight when on this formula.

I really liked this formula.  It mixes well, it doesn't stink, and it really does help baby sleep.  I would recommend mixing it half and half with a regular formula to make it easier for the baby to suck it through the nipple and because if you will be feeding it to your baby during the day, you want to make sure that this formula doesn't keep them SO full that they are not taking enough liquids.

Seems the same as regular Enfamil to me.

I bought this with high hopes. I guess sleep-deprived parents are willing to believe and buy anything! It does not make my son sleep any longer than any other formula or breastmilk. You have to wait five minutes before serving it which is annoying too. I suspect that this is the same formula as the Enfamil A.R. for spitup and they just slapped a different label on it. If you compare the two labels on both products they're basically the same. You have to wait five minutes to use either one and they are both thickened with rice starch. Save your money and buy the regular Enfamil. Also this formula seems a bit thicker than the normal kind so I find more success when using a nipple with a greater flow. It's a good idea if only it worked! I have also tried thickening regular formula with rice cereal to see if that makes my son sleep longer and that doesn't work either, so I guess only time and maturity will make mine sleep!

this stuff is amazing!

Comments about Enfamil RestFull Lipil Infant Formula:

This product is amazing and was so helpful with my oldest daughter. She was a snacker and this formula helped her get the restful nights sleep she needed. She woke up every 3 hours instead of every 30-40 min to eat. It helped me get her on a routine and helped her grow into a beautiful healthy 4 and a half year old.. this product needs to be brought back for the parents of the children that do not sleep well.. a good night's sleep and a full tummy are important to the growth and development of a baby.

Easily Digested
Never had tummy issues with this formula

Ease of Preparation
Simple to make like any formula. Since it was her bottle right before bed and after her bath it was just a tad warmer than her day time bottles :)

• Easily Digested:
  • Ease of Preparation:

Enfamil Restfull = fail.

from Murfreesboro, TN

Comments about Enfamil RestFull Lipil Infant Formula:

Enfamil Restfull is supposed to help your baby stay asleep longer at night.  The theory is that it takes longer to digest so that baby wakes up hungry less often.

I tried this with my baby when he was about a month old.  I made his bottle the same way I would with the regular formula, but as he was eating I noticed that it was taking longer than normal for him to finish.  The formula is super thick and it gets thicker the longer it stays in the bottle.  It took at least an hour for him drink the whole bottle.  Then I put him to bed all ready for the great sleep I'm about to get, but no, he wakes up about the same number of times as with the regular formula the only difference is that he's all gassy now from the new formula.

I mean it doesn't make sense; formula makers are trying constantly to make formula easier to digest so when you make a formula that is purposely harder to digest it is probably going to cause stomach problems.  And it doesn't even do what it was intended to do; get the baby to sleep longer.   So.. for me epic fail.

• Easily Digested:
  • Ease of Preparation:

Grrrrate

from Mcdonough, GA

Comments about Enfamil RestFull Lipil Infant Formula:

I went throught many different brands and types of formula for my new child. There are so many to chose from these days so I went with what I know from experience. Enfamil is always a hit in my opinion.

just okay

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Enfamil RestFull Lipil Infant Formula:

I must say I am slightly dissapointed with the enfamil restful lipil formula. I tried it my first time as a parent in hopes it would help my little boy sleep a little longer.yeah right no luck there and this formula cost me a small amount more than the enfamil premium lipil. i dont recomend buying this unless you're okay with a small letdown when it dosent work as hoped. i ended up using this can for daytime feeding and putting a small amount of ricce in his bottle instead and that works way better in my opinion. i love enfamil as a whole company but this product didnt work for my family at all. but i give them a definate e for effort because the idea is genius and someday women will be lucky enough to find something that helps their babies sleep all night. everyone really just has to test things themselves.but if you are buying this formula soley to sleep all night i am sad to say you are wasting your money.

Enfamil Restfull helped both of us get through the night!

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Enfamil RestFull Lipil Infant Formula:

I was wary of using this on my baby so I waited until he was three months old to use it. My baby was mainly breastfed, but still waking every two hours to feed. I was exhuasted and decided to use two ounces at night when he turned three months. The first night we used it, my son slept for six hours straight! It definitely was the formula that kept him full longer. We continue to use Enfamil Restfull now that he is 8 months old. He continued to sleep longer stretches as his stomach capacity grew larger. Now we mix half and half of Enfamil Premium (yellow label) and Enfamil Restfull and he still sleeps well. We ran out of Enfamil Restfull the other night and he woke up very early. I definitely recommend this if your baby is of a healthy weight and isn't sleeping through the night (meaning 5-6 hours) yet. You'll need a larger nipple size for your bottle since the formula is slightly thicker and grainier than regular formula. The only negatives are that it only comes in a small size, you have to let it sit a few minutes, is not sold in every store, and rarely goes on sale.

Enfamil Restfull...Quite Possibly Just a Marketing Ploy...

from Youngstown, OH

Comments about Enfamil RestFull Lipil Infant Formula:

Ok, here's the thing.  Every parent of a newborn dreams (well, daydreams, really) about the night that our beautiful baby sleeps for more than 2 or 3 hours at a stretch.  The truth is, babies don't sleep 'through the night' (and hold on to your hats - that is medically defined as sleeping for 5 hours or more without waking to feed) until they are developmentally able to do so.

BUT, we all hope, wish, [day]dream that there is a magical way to make it happen quicker.  Enter Enfamil Restfull.  I bought it, and tried it, and was disappointed (even though I KNEW it was not likely to work!).  From what I understand it's actually a repackaging of Enfamil AR (anti-reflux).  Yes, a marketing ploy.  My little guy thrives on Enfamil Gentlease.  But, he does not do well with the Restfull - he actually sleeps POORER when I gave this to him (and I tried it 3 nights in a row).  Grumpy tummy, gassy, fussy.  Gross poops that are difficult to pass.

I don't recommend trying it.  Do yourself and baby a favor - wait it out.  I promise you night will come with he or she sleeps through the night.  But it's not until he or she is developmentally ready.  Bummer, I know!

Enfamil Restfull is the best invention ever!

from Lagrange, GA

Comments about Enfamil RestFull Lipil Infant Formula:

This was my absolute LIFE SAVER in the beginning weeks. My son was only 2 weeks old when we started him on this. This formula became a part of our night time routine and by 3.5 weeks he was sleeping through the night! My son also had severe acid reflux and this formula, because it was a lot thicker, stayed down a lot easier. So not only was my son getting a good night's sleep he was also comfortable through the night. Probably more so than he was when taking regular formula. I have read all of the reviews of ppl saying that is it dangerous for the baby and that it will increase the chances for sids but honestly, what doesn't increase the likihood of sids? In my opinion ppl like to throw that out there a lot more than it is probably true. So please don't let that scare you away from this awesome product, it almost did me but I am so thankful that I gave it a try and formed my own opinion about this awesome product!!

Enfamil Restfull formula didn't help my daughter sleep better.

from Fountain, CO

Comments about Enfamil RestFull Lipil Infant Formula:

I got excited when I saw Enfamil Restfull formula thinking it would help my daughter sleep a little bit longer. It did the exact opposite. She continued waking up every three hours and she was spitting up worse than normal. I'm never buying Restfull night again.

Enfamil Restfull Lipil Infant Formula helps your baby sleep

from Republic, MO

Comments about Enfamil RestFull Lipil Infant Formula:

Enfamil Restfull Lipil Formula is a great way to help your baby sleep through the night.  We began using it when our daughter was 2 months, right before bed and she loved it.  She has been sleeping through the night ever since.  We do not use it any more because she is older now and eats diced food.  She still sleeps through the night though, and I believe that the Enfamil Restfull was a great investmant for our daughter.  She never spit up after taking her bottle.  It is a reasonable price for a formula that works wonders for a great bed time.  I only found it here in a 14 ounce can (I believe), it was small but lasted awhile since you only give it once a day at bed time.  I would highly recommend this to any parent looking for a way to help their children to sleep though the night.  Whenever my husband and I decide to have another baby, we will definately use the Enfamil Restfull Lipil Formula again for bed time.

This formula is very thick and will really help baby sleep!

from Montgomery, AL