Other Baby Formulas:
Enfamil
MYERS550038
Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula

Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula

Pros

• Keeps well (3)
  • Mixes easily (3)

• Ease of Preparation:

No more Fussiness, Thank you Enfamil Gentlease!

I want to say Thank you so much for this product! I used the regular formula from Enfamil, and my poor baby had bad gas every night. We did not know what to do! Then we went to the grocery store, and there it was--our answers to all our late night cries of our baby! Gentlease Formula. I was skeptical at first, and then we tried it out for about a week. This was a blessing! Now they have a new way of helping our daughter--with formula that is gentle on her stomach. We found that she did not have these nights of screaming, and us figuring out the best way to comfort her. I know formula is pricey and breastfeeding is best, but if you are looking for something out there that is going to be a win win situation for you, Enfamil has some of the best on the market. I felt safe using Enfamil knowing that it has been around for years. Seeing first hand with our daughter this formula work for us has caused me to write this. If your baby wakes up in the middle of the night screaming painfully...you might have a gas problem. For us we found the solution in this product. I hope it works for you as it has for us.

Easily Digested
I noticeably can see that she is not having such a bad stomach ache. She sleeps better. So I know it works and can be easily digested.

Ease of Preparation
Not any harder than regular formula. I like that Enfamil has incorporated a place to attach the scoop so it's not lost in the formula.

Gentle Lipil vs Lipil Powder vs Lipil Concentrate

Our daughter had tried 3 different formula by Enfamil: Lipil Poweder, Lipil Concentrate, and Gentle Ease Lipil. This is what appears to us:

- Lipil Powder (used over a...Read complete review

- Lipil Powder (used over a period of more than 1 month straight): This one seems to give our daughter constipation. She wouldn't poop for up to 4-5 days sometimes. She does get gas. It is painful to watch her trying to push the poop out. Sometimes we have to pull it out manually for her. We did what our doctor's suggestion which is give her some cool water (about 1-2 oz) and massage her stomach to help stimulate the bowel movement. This DOES help. However, we can't really just keep doing that everyday, since the more water that she takes, the less nutrition she is going to get. We can only use this method as a remedy once in a while. So the doctor recommended Gentle Ease.

- Gentle Ease (used for about a month):  It really solved the constipation problem. The can is slightly smaller than the Lipil (12 oz. vs 12.9 oz). This one sure does not have much bubble in the bottle at all. However, this does not seems to ease the gas at all. Our daughter still burp a lot, somewhat even more than before. What we don't like is the baby does not like this formula at all. She would not take the nipple as soon she tasted the formula. She even tried to spit the formula out when she can. It would take us about an hour or more to have her finish the bottle, and usually her bib would be wet due to lot of the formula spilled out from her mouth. My wife thought that because it gives the baby the growling the minute it gets to her stomach so it scares her and she cries her head off every time we put the bottle to her mouth. i just don't agree with her. I think that she can't make that connection between her stomach and her mouth yet since her brain may not be able to process that kind of reasoning yet. We finally came to a conclusion after we tried Lipil Concentrate that Gentle Ease tastes terrible. It even tastes somewhat bitter to me. Maybe that's the reason that she hates the formula.

- Lipil Concentrate (been using on and off between the other two to make a comparison for about a month): This one seems to be the best for our daughter, even though it is a little bit more expensive. She does not get constipated. Seems like she doesn't get as much gas. The baby can taste the different between this and Gentle Ease. She would cry and refuse Gentle Ease, but if she feels the taste of Lipil Concentrate she would take it happily, no fuss at all. This one does taste good (better than the Lipil Powder) that even I want it for myself to replace the regular cow milk that I drink. LOL! The only draw back of this is once you open the can of concentrate formula, you have to use it within 48 hours when store in the fridge. It's fine at home, but when we have to go somewhere, it's not convenient to carry a cooler around to store the formula. Since it is cold out of the fridge, we have to have at least warm water to mix with the concentrate to make it less cold and this is the second inconvenience. You can mix it in advance and store in the fridge, but you have to warm it up if you don't want to feed it cold to the baby. Since we can't microwave formula according to the instruction on all formula, we have to warm it by immersing it in hot water for several minutes. But which baby would give you those few minutes when she is hungry? So here is my conclusion:

Each formula has it's own pros and cons. Choose one that fits your baby's and your needs best. I don't think that neither of the formula that we tried really helps with colic. All formulas give baby gas. Even you would have to burp if you drink just water out of a baby bottle. Try it for yourself. The thing is you know how to burp, babies don't. All baby bottles including Medela, Dr. Brown, Playtex Drop-ins, Evenflo, and the more expensive BornFree usually do the same thing, which state that they have been proven clinically to reduce colic and gas. But they only said REDUCE, not CURE. How much that they can reduce, no one can tell. Of course every baby is different. This is my own opinion based on our observation on our baby. Even with all the troubles that we got, our baby is still growing healthy and I think that's the bottom line. Don't sweat if your baby's crying a little bit. Good luck!

No more gassiness!

from Port St Joe, FL

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Keeps Well
  • Mixes Easily

• Infants

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

Enfamil Gentlease is the best formula hands down. My son was so fussy and after trying this for just a day, he cried much less and I didn't notice much gas. It was a life saver for this tired Mama!

Good choice for my son.

from Albany,Ny

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Keeps Well
    • Mixes Easily

• Newborn

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

I switched to gentlese formula after we tried regular newborn formula and my son was having severe gas pains. Enfamil gentlese was perfect for him. The only con I would say is that it made my sons stool a little harder like the consistency of play dough but he still had regular bowel movements.

Was a good BRAND

from Fort Lauderdale Fl

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Keeps Well
      • Mixes Easily

Cons

• Caused Gas
      • Caused Stomach Aches

• Infants
      • Newborn

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

This a great brand and a good formula yet it did cause gas with my baby and little tummy hurts here and there

Decent for on the go when breastfeeding isn't an option

from West Virginia

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

This product is very easy to use and is a great supplement to breastfeeding when you need something really quick and easy to give the baby when you're unable to breastfeed or not allowed to breastfeed in a particular place. It mixes well and is very quick. It doesn't need to be warm/hot for baby to enjoy or at least not for us.

Easily Digested
      I'm not sure this is so easily digested even though it's for gas and upset babies. When we go from breast to using a bottle of this particular formula sometimes it does help calm him down and ease his gas but I swear every time we use it he gets severe diarrhea and it smells worse than normal. Also the color seems a little off. It may be because we typically breast feed and the change upsets the digestive system. I'm not sure but it seems more liquid and stinky than usual.

Ease of Preparation
      This is so easy to use. You simply put a scoop or two into water and shake or stir it up. You can use it on the go very easily and depending on the bottle type you're using you can even do it with just one hand. It works mixing well warm but you can mix it decently enough when water is cool also. If you're near a bottle warmer you can also warm the bottle some to be able to shake it more and mix it better but it is so super easy to use and you can do it without any issues. It's simple and the directions are the pack are easy to follow. I can say it does mix best warm or warmish but again if you want a cool bottle or only have cool water available it works out well. Also, it mixes well with bottles of breast milk if you want to add a little something extra to calm the babies fusiness/gas.

• Ease of Preparation:

Worked wonders for my infant

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

We had tried other Enfamil formulas before switching to this one. My daughter was fussy and would not sleep. We did not know what to do. I did many reviews and saw that this formula seemed to be just what we were looking for. I went to our local drug store at midnight one night and bought this. It was a life saver, and was just what my daughter needed. I wasn't sure if it was acid reflex, or something else and instead of running to the doctor, we made the decision to try a different formula. We trust the Enfamil brand and it was the perfect thing for our baby. We continued on this formula until she was a year old and then went to cows milk. I would recommend this formula to anyone that is dealing with a fussy baby.

Easily Digested
      This formula was very gentle on my infant and worked very well.

Ease of Preparation
      Very easy to prepare and measure out in advance. I love the travel side powder packets for easy on the go preparation.

Enfamil Gentlease Formula Review

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

We went through different cans and brands of formula trying to find what works for my baby. Some of the formula either gave him gas or they made him spit up a lot. We were always left with half used can of formula that will go to waste. We finally got the Enfamil Gentlease and finally something worked! It did not give him gas and even though he still spits up, it is not much anymore. Feeding went from him been uncomfortable with gas to him been comfortable and relaxed and that gives me peace of mind. Another good thing about the Enfamil formula is that it contains all the essential nutrients that are necessary for baby’s growth and that makes me feel good knowing that he is getting the best. I will recommend the formula to mom’s out there who are struggling to find what works for their baby. It may or may not be the best for them but a trial is all they need to conclude. The formula also comes in small sachets and if you are worried about buying the large tub to try, you can get the little packets and that helps a lot. Also they come in little bottles of pre-filled formulas and all you have to do is shake the bottle and it is ready to feed your baby. They are not messy and they are very convenient, fast and easy to use. Overall it is a very good product coming from a good name brand as Enfamil.

Great formula!

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

When I had my first baby, I was confused and overwhelmed by all the different formula brands, and which one to choose for my baby. I did some research online and found the Enfamil Gentlease Inant Formula, and it made a big difference. My daughter was used to having fussiness and constipation and she would cry for over an hour after finishing her bottle. With Enfamil, it doesn't cause fussiness or any side effect that makes baby uncomfortable. My baby didn't have any health issue affecting her digestion of formula, so I'm sure this would help any baby having issues with digestion because its gentle on her stomach. The other day I found myself making a bottle of this formula while at the doctors office, and it was quick and easy to prepare, and feed my daughter.

Ease of Preparation
      What's easier than added a couple scoops of powder to water and shaking the bottle. I can feed my daughter anywhere at anytime, with this formula, because you just need water to prepare it.

Decent formula

from Enfield, CT

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

This Enfamil formula is okay. We've used it a few times. I find the taste to be fairly comparable to other formula, though not wonderful tasting to an adult. It does seem to help with gas pains, which is good. My baby had to use it for a few weeks when she seemed to either be having stomach issues or gas pains. Whatever the issue, it cleared up. Definitely is good for gas or babies with reflux. It's easy to mix up & super easy to prepare. Not hard at all. My favorite part about it is that it does seem to help alleviate gas and ease an upset tummy. Good for babies who have acid reflux. Price is a little expensive to me, but for formula I think it's a pretty normal price. So as far as formula goes- worth the price. If you're looking into choosing a formula for your baby, this is a pretty good, basic one out there in the formula world. You won't go wrong with this one. While it's nothing super special, it definitely does the job.

Great Formula

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

This was by far the best formula I have used. It really helped my baby to feel better, and not have so much gas after eating. She is a lot calmer and happier now that we have started using this particular formula. I wish I had used it from the beginning and will make sure I do if I have any more children. She doesn't fuss as much now that we have switched to this brand of formula, because it really does make her feel a lot better, and digest a lot better. A friend of mine suggested I try it at first, because it had helped her baby also. I am so glad she suggested I try it, I've thanked her so much for this advice. It really, truly is the best formula you can give to your babies, in my opinion. I hope this helps other parents, and their babies, as much as it has me and my baby. I am definitely a lot happier now that my child feels so much better. Not to mention I sleep a little better now that she feels better.

• Ease of Preparation:

Good but not for my baby

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

My baby has really bad acid reflux. She regularly projectile vomits after eating, and during eating she arches her back and cries after a few swallows, but then acts as if she's starving. My pediatrician recommended the Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula to replace the breast milk and supplemental formula that we were using, stating that it had been successful for other infants under his care.

Unfortunately, the Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula did not work as intended for my daughter. She continued to have pain while eating and projectile vomiting after eating. It lessened the symptoms slightly, but it was not enough to justify the expense of the formula. On a positive note, however, it did not make the symptoms worse.

Easily Digested
      The Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula was not any easier on my baby's stomach than other formulas or breast milk.

Ease of Preparation
      The Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula was simple enough to make - just add scoop(s) of the formula powder to the corresponding amount of water in a bottle. It is better to not make enough than to make too much because the Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula goes bad a few hours after it is mixed together with water.