Other Baby Formulas:
Enfamil
MYERS550038
Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula

Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula

Pros

• Mixes easily (16)
  • Keeps well (14)
  • No constipation (12)
  • Tasty (3)

• Infants (15)
  • Newborn (13)
  • Preemies (4)
  • Toddler (3)
    • Easily Digested:
    • Ease of Preparation:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • First time parent (8), Parent of two or more children (7)

No more Fussiness, Thank you Enfamil Gentlease!

I want to say Thank you so much for this product! I used the regular formula from Enfamil, and my poor baby had bad gas every night. We did not know what to do! Then we went to the grocery store, and there it was--our answers to all our late night cries of our baby! Gentlease Formula. I was skeptical at first, and then we tried it out for about a week. This was a blessing! Now they have a new way of helping our daughter--with formula that is gentle on her stomach. We found that she did not have these nights of screaming, and us figuring out the best way to comfort her. I know formula is pricey and breastfeeding is best, but if you are looking for something out there that is going to be a win win situation for you, Enfamil has some of the best on the market. I felt safe using Enfamil knowing that it has been around for years. Seeing first hand with our daughter this formula work for us has caused me to write this. If your baby wakes up in the middle of the night screaming painfully...you might have a gas problem. For us we found the solution in this product. I hope it works for you as it has for us.

Easily Digested
I noticeably can see that she is not having such a bad stomach ache. She sleeps better. So I know it works and can be easily digested.

Ease of Preparation
Not any harder than regular formula. I like that Enfamil has incorporated a place to attach the scoop so it's not lost in the formula.

Gentle Lipil vs Lipil Powder vs Lipil Concentrate

Our daughter had tried 3 different formula by Enfamil: Lipil Poweder, Lipil Concentrate, and Gentle Ease Lipil. This is what appears to us:

- Lipil Powder (used over a...Read complete review

- Lipil Powder (used over a period of more than 1 month straight): This one seems to give our daughter constipation. She wouldn't poop for up to 4-5 days sometimes. She does get gas. It is painful to watch her trying to push the poop out. Sometimes we have to pull it out manually for her. We did what our doctor's suggestion which is give her some cool water (about 1-2 oz) and massage her stomach to help stimulate the bowel movement. This DOES help. However, we can't really just keep doing that everyday, since the more water that she takes, the less nutrition she is going to get. We can only use this method as a remedy once in a while. So the doctor recommended Gentle Ease.

- Gentle Ease (used for about a month):  It really solved the constipation problem. The can is slightly smaller than the Lipil (12 oz. vs 12.9 oz). This one sure does not have much bubble in the bottle at all. However, this does not seems to ease the gas at all. Our daughter still burp a lot, somewhat even more than before. What we don't like is the baby does not like this formula at all. She would not take the nipple as soon she tasted the formula. She even tried to spit the formula out when she can. It would take us about an hour or more to have her finish the bottle, and usually her bib would be wet due to lot of the formula spilled out from her mouth. My wife thought that because it gives the baby the growling the minute it gets to her stomach so it scares her and she cries her head off every time we put the bottle to her mouth. i just don't agree with her. I think that she can't make that connection between her stomach and her mouth yet since her brain may not be able to process that kind of reasoning yet. We finally came to a conclusion after we tried Lipil Concentrate that Gentle Ease tastes terrible. It even tastes somewhat bitter to me. Maybe that's the reason that she hates the formula.

- Lipil Concentrate (been using on and off between the other two to make a comparison for about a month): This one seems to be the best for our daughter, even though it is a little bit more expensive. She does not get constipated. Seems like she doesn't get as much gas. The baby can taste the different between this and Gentle Ease. She would cry and refuse Gentle Ease, but if she feels the taste of Lipil Concentrate she would take it happily, no fuss at all. This one does taste good (better than the Lipil Powder) that even I want it for myself to replace the regular cow milk that I drink. LOL! The only draw back of this is once you open the can of concentrate formula, you have to use it within 48 hours when store in the fridge. It's fine at home, but when we have to go somewhere, it's not convenient to carry a cooler around to store the formula. Since it is cold out of the fridge, we have to have at least warm water to mix with the concentrate to make it less cold and this is the second inconvenience. You can mix it in advance and store in the fridge, but you have to warm it up if you don't want to feed it cold to the baby. Since we can't microwave formula according to the instruction on all formula, we have to warm it by immersing it in hot water for several minutes. But which baby would give you those few minutes when she is hungry? So here is my conclusion:

Each formula has it's own pros and cons. Choose one that fits your baby's and your needs best. I don't think that neither of the formula that we tried really helps with colic. All formulas give baby gas. Even you would have to burp if you drink just water out of a baby bottle. Try it for yourself. The thing is you know how to burp, babies don't. All baby bottles including Medela, Dr. Brown, Playtex Drop-ins, Evenflo, and the more expensive BornFree usually do the same thing, which state that they have been proven clinically to reduce colic and gas. But they only said REDUCE, not CURE. How much that they can reduce, no one can tell. Of course every baby is different. This is my own opinion based on our observation on our baby. Even with all the troubles that we got, our baby is still growing healthy and I think that's the bottom line. Don't sweat if your baby's crying a little bit. Good luck!

Life saver!

from Tupelo Ms

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Keeps Well
  • Mixes Easily
  • No Constipation

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

My second was having tummy trouble :( every since we made this switch it's been smooth sailing

My daughter loves it'

from NJ

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Mixes Easily

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

My daughter ended up switching to this after the first formula she used gave her bad gas. This really helped her.

Enfamil Gentlease is the best formula by far!

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Keeps Well
      • Mixes Easily
      • No Constipation
      • Tasty

• Preemies

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

My husband and I went through a few different baby formulas until someone recommended Enfamil Gentlease. Once we tried it out we knew it was the formula for our little one. It helped with his gas and fussiness. The price is definitely worth it!

Love this Formula The Best so Far

from TN

About Me Grandparent

Pros

• Keeps Well
        • Mixes Easily
        • No Constipation
        • Tasty

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

My son and his wife love's this product as well as the new baby he is only 7 days old and I was so happy to find out that this is what the hospital was giving him. The baby loves it and really chows down and smacks when he is drinking this formula. The only cons so far is that the hospital says to give 2 0z's and I always thought they started out with 4 0z and he really likes this stuff and gobbles it down. I like the fact that it is designed to combat fussiness/gas and crying in 24 hours. Also, the fact that this formula is made to be gentle on the digestive system is a plus.

This is supposed to be the number 1 Pediatrician Recommended formula and "Gentlease formula is meant to be gentle on a baby's sensitive digestive system to reduce the effects of colic, gas, stomach pain, and fussiness in babies". Gentlease also It has an easy-to-digest milk protein blend patterned after breast milk that has been partially broken down.

I have not use a different formula so I cannot compare this to anything else because this is what he was started out on but in my own experience I believe it works better than some of the older formulas. I would recommend this to new parents to try and I would and will purchase this product. I was not aware of this product before participating in this program from Viewpoints but glad I decided to try it.

@Viewpoints

My son loves this

from Cibolo, Texas

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Keeps Well
          • Mixes Easily
          • No Constipation
          • Tasty

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

My son has had problems with most formulas. This product is great, he had a easy time digesting it, did not cause gas or constipation. I will be buying this from now on for my little man.

Saved my sanity

from Florida

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Keeps Well
            • Mixes Easily
            • No Constipation

• Preemies

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

My daughter was colic and I swear this formula saved my sanity it helped me get my first full nights sleep helping her poor belly pain

Awesome supplement for breastfeeding

from Morganton, NC

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Keeps Well
              • Mixes Easily
              • No Constipation

Cons

• Stains

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

I used this for my son when I was working and unable to breastfeed him. It was the most gentle on his stomach.

This is a great product for semi-sensitive tummies

from Missouri

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Mixes Easily
              • No Constipation

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

I love enfamil. I ended up having to use gentlease this time around and it was great for her tummy. She was having gas issues that totally went away after switching to gentlease!

Love it

from Trenton, NJ

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Keeps Well
                • Mixes Easily
                • No Constipation

• Toddlers

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

My son had a difficult time with gas, I had tried every formula that's for gas issues and Enfamil Gentlease was the only one that worked for him. I absolutely recommend it.

FAVORITE Supplment formula

from Shelbie Laredo tx

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Keeps Well
                  • Mixes Easily
                  • No Constipation

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

Used this when supplmenting breastmilk for my son. It is seriously the best for his stomach doesn't make him constipated or gassy. He sleeps wonderful as always even on this.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand