Other Baby Formulas:
Enfamil
MYERS550038
Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula

Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula

Pros

• Mixes easily (11)
  • Keeps well (10)
  • No constipation (8)

• Infants (10)
  • Newborn (10)
  • Preemies (3)
  • Toddler (3)
    • Easily Digested:
    • Ease of Preparation:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent of two or more children (7), First time parent (4)

No more Fussiness, Thank you Enfamil Gentlease!

I want to say Thank you so much for this product! I used the regular formula from Enfamil, and my poor baby had bad gas every night. We did not know what to do! Then we went to the grocery store, and there it was--our answers to all our late night cries of our baby! Gentlease Formula. I was skeptical at first, and then we tried it out for about a week. This was a blessing! Now they have a new way of helping our daughter--with formula that is gentle on her stomach. We found that she did not have these nights of screaming, and us figuring out the best way to comfort her. I know formula is pricey and breastfeeding is best, but if you are looking for something out there that is going to be a win win situation for you, Enfamil has some of the best on the market. I felt safe using Enfamil knowing that it has been around for years. Seeing first hand with our daughter this formula work for us has caused me to write this. If your baby wakes up in the middle of the night screaming painfully...you might have a gas problem. For us we found the solution in this product. I hope it works for you as it has for us.

Easily Digested
I noticeably can see that she is not having such a bad stomach ache. She sleeps better. So I know it works and can be easily digested.

Ease of Preparation
Not any harder than regular formula. I like that Enfamil has incorporated a place to attach the scoop so it's not lost in the formula.

Gentle Lipil vs Lipil Powder vs Lipil Concentrate

Our daughter had tried 3 different formula by Enfamil: Lipil Poweder, Lipil Concentrate, and Gentle Ease Lipil. This is what appears to us:

- Lipil Powder (used over a...Read complete review

- Lipil Powder (used over a period of more than 1 month straight): This one seems to give our daughter constipation. She wouldn't poop for up to 4-5 days sometimes. She does get gas. It is painful to watch her trying to push the poop out. Sometimes we have to pull it out manually for her. We did what our doctor's suggestion which is give her some cool water (about 1-2 oz) and massage her stomach to help stimulate the bowel movement. This DOES help. However, we can't really just keep doing that everyday, since the more water that she takes, the less nutrition she is going to get. We can only use this method as a remedy once in a while. So the doctor recommended Gentle Ease.

- Gentle Ease (used for about a month):  It really solved the constipation problem. The can is slightly smaller than the Lipil (12 oz. vs 12.9 oz). This one sure does not have much bubble in the bottle at all. However, this does not seems to ease the gas at all. Our daughter still burp a lot, somewhat even more than before. What we don't like is the baby does not like this formula at all. She would not take the nipple as soon she tasted the formula. She even tried to spit the formula out when she can. It would take us about an hour or more to have her finish the bottle, and usually her bib would be wet due to lot of the formula spilled out from her mouth. My wife thought that because it gives the baby the growling the minute it gets to her stomach so it scares her and she cries her head off every time we put the bottle to her mouth. i just don't agree with her. I think that she can't make that connection between her stomach and her mouth yet since her brain may not be able to process that kind of reasoning yet. We finally came to a conclusion after we tried Lipil Concentrate that Gentle Ease tastes terrible. It even tastes somewhat bitter to me. Maybe that's the reason that she hates the formula.

- Lipil Concentrate (been using on and off between the other two to make a comparison for about a month): This one seems to be the best for our daughter, even though it is a little bit more expensive. She does not get constipated. Seems like she doesn't get as much gas. The baby can taste the different between this and Gentle Ease. She would cry and refuse Gentle Ease, but if she feels the taste of Lipil Concentrate she would take it happily, no fuss at all. This one does taste good (better than the Lipil Powder) that even I want it for myself to replace the regular cow milk that I drink. LOL! The only draw back of this is once you open the can of concentrate formula, you have to use it within 48 hours when store in the fridge. It's fine at home, but when we have to go somewhere, it's not convenient to carry a cooler around to store the formula. Since it is cold out of the fridge, we have to have at least warm water to mix with the concentrate to make it less cold and this is the second inconvenience. You can mix it in advance and store in the fridge, but you have to warm it up if you don't want to feed it cold to the baby. Since we can't microwave formula according to the instruction on all formula, we have to warm it by immersing it in hot water for several minutes. But which baby would give you those few minutes when she is hungry? So here is my conclusion:

Each formula has it's own pros and cons. Choose one that fits your baby's and your needs best. I don't think that neither of the formula that we tried really helps with colic. All formulas give baby gas. Even you would have to burp if you drink just water out of a baby bottle. Try it for yourself. The thing is you know how to burp, babies don't. All baby bottles including Medela, Dr. Brown, Playtex Drop-ins, Evenflo, and the more expensive BornFree usually do the same thing, which state that they have been proven clinically to reduce colic and gas. But they only said REDUCE, not CURE. How much that they can reduce, no one can tell. Of course every baby is different. This is my own opinion based on our observation on our baby. Even with all the troubles that we got, our baby is still growing healthy and I think that's the bottom line. Don't sweat if your baby's crying a little bit. Good luck!

Saved my sanity

from Florida

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Keeps Well
  • Mixes Easily
  • No Constipation

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

My daughter was colic and I swear this formula saved my sanity it helped me get my first full nights sleep helping her poor belly pain

Awesome supplement for breastfeeding

from Morganton, NC

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Keeps Well
    • Mixes Easily
    • No Constipation

Cons

• Stains

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

I used this for my son when I was working and unable to breastfeed him. It was the most gentle on his stomach.

This is a great product for semi-sensitive tummies

from Missouri

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Mixes Easily
    • No Constipation

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

I love enfamil. I ended up having to use gentlease this time around and it was great for her tummy. She was having gas issues that totally went away after switching to gentlease!

Love it

from Trenton, NJ

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Keeps Well
      • Mixes Easily
      • No Constipation

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

My son had a difficult time with gas, I had tried every formula that's for gas issues and Enfamil Gentlease was the only one that worked for him. I absolutely recommend it.

FAVORITE Supplment formula

from Shelbie Laredo tx

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Keeps Well
        • Mixes Easily
        • No Constipation

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

Used this when supplmenting breastmilk for my son. It is seriously the best for his stomach doesn't make him constipated or gassy. He sleeps wonderful as always even on this.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Relief

from Ocala, FL

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Keeps Well
          • Mixes Easily
          • No Constipation

Cons

• Smells like formula

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

My little Preemie was sent home from the hospital with A different brand but we switched to this one. Enfamil GentleEase has been so much better for our little guy and his bad acid reflux. Not nearly as much spitting up and his poor belly is not as constipated as much either.

I would Definitely buy this product again.

from Florida

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Keeps Well
          • Mixes Easily
          • No Constipation

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

I use this product for my son because he wasnt doing good to Enfamil infant and this worked perfectly

Best formula for tummy issues!!!

from Clio, MI

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• helps umbilical hernias
            • Keeps Well
            • Mixes Easily
            • No Constipation

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

This formula really has been a complete life saver, i went through soo many different brands and types of formula with my child and could not find anything that helped like this one did with my second daughter! My second daughter had a mild umbilical hernia and she would go days and sometimes even longer than a week without pooping to automatically exploding through her diaper and cloyhes, car seat anything around her. Once we tried this formula it was a miracle worker for us because it regulated her bowel movements so she wasnt struggling or uncomfortable! Im going to just go strait to this formula with our son thats due in October! The only thing that i dont care for about this formula or any really would be that in the smaller powder cans the scoop is always buried under formula and i end up spilling some trying to get the scoop, which for a mommy on a tight budget really stinks!

No more gassiness!

from Port St Joe, FL

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Keeps Well
              • Mixes Easily

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

Enfamil Gentlease is the best formula hands down. My son was so fussy and after trying this for just a day, he cried much less and I didn't notice much gas. It was a life saver for this tired Mama!

Good choice for my son.

from Albany,Ny

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Keeps Well
                • Mixes Easily

Comments about Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula:

I switched to gentlese formula after we tried regular newborn formula and my son was having severe gas pains. Enfamil gentlese was perfect for him. The only con I would say is that it made my sons stool a little harder like the consistency of play dough but he still had regular bowel movements.