3.7
Energizer
Energizer - Rechargable Battery

Energizer - Rechargable Battery

3.7

If you have kids and they have toys, you want these batteries

I have kids.  My kids have toys.  Most of their toys have batteries.  Most of you reading this can relate, so I really could end this review now.  But just to make sure everyone understands how convenient using ***Energizer *rechargeable batteries** can be, I'll continue.

My children range from 2-17 (don't worry, I only have 3 of them).  Becuase of the age gaps, each child needs different types of toys.  My 2 year old has a simple, educational toys...that require batteries.  My 7 year old had a *[GameBoy Advance][1] *, but recently upgraded to a [*Nintendo* *DS*][2] , which has a built-in rechargeable battery.  My teenager...well, I don't even know what she uses batteries for.  Her *[Quickfire][3] *cell phone and *[ipod Nano][4] * are both rechargeable.

Then we have family games like *[Operation][5] *.   And the *[Wii][6] *, while an amazing family gaming system, uses wireless remotes operated by...you guessed it, batteries.  I didn't even mention the remote that frustrates you when you want to watch TV and someone's taken the batteries from the remote to use in one of their toys.

You feel my battery pain and now you know why I appreciate ***Energizer's *rechargeable batteries** that I can recharge up to 150 times and that hold about as much of a charge each time as a new battery.  And they come in all sizes.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-Blue-Console-review-73614
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Nintendo-DS-Lite-Cobalt-Black-Console-review-168c3
[3]: http://www.viewpoints.com/AT-amp-T-Quickfire-Cell-Phone-review-6bdf6
[4]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Apple-8GB-iPod-Nano-Chromatics-review-b17a2
[5]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Milton-Bradley-Operation-review-36d64
[6]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Nintendo-Wii-Console-review-bdcf2

Not as good as I expected

I bought the Energizer charger and the Energizer batteries - AA and AAA.  At first I was very pleased with the results - I could utilize the charger  to recharge the batteries each time they were getting low and I wasn't sure what to expect for length of them staying charged so I was ok with them.  Over time unfortunately I have become less than impressed with the length of time the batteries stay charged.  I originally purchased these batteries and this charger to utilize with my Canon digital camera, but unfortunately now I'm using regular batteries and those seem to last just as long.  I'm not opposed to purchasing and trying rechargable batteries again - but I would want to spend more time researching to see the best possible brand to get.  Currently with my overall experience I would not recommend purchasing these Energizer rechargable batteries or the Energizer battery charger.  My results were not impressive to me for the purchase price.

Wonderful

Comments about Energizer - Rechargable Battery:

I have had these batteries for a while now, maybe for a little over two or three years now, and I can honestly say that they are really fantastic. I bought maybe three packs of these, since double AA are the most common batteries needed in my house, and they are really handy. I use them for my television remotes, for gaming console controls, and I even have some left over in case I lose any of them. They are quick to charge and normally I can place them charging somewhere over-night and they are good to go in the morning for use again. They were pre-charged when I first got them, which saved me the hassle of immediately having to put them to charge when I first got home. Not only that, but the battery last for a very long time. Energizer was a brand I had already trusted from previous battery buys, although those were not re-chargeable, and somehow I knew these were gonna be reliable. Honestly, these batteries are the only ones I would recommend to buy.

Very long lasting

Comments about Energizer - Rechargable Battery:

I bought these years ago with the charger dock and so far it's still have been working! It takes a while to fully charge, but it is able to stay put in the electricity socket. Thee's a light to let me know when the battery is charged all the way or not. The battery does take a while to load, but when it does; the life span of the battery is very long lasting!

Energizer rechargable batteries, ok but could be better

Comments about Energizer - Rechargable Battery:

Thing about most rechargeables, including this brand, is you can't really charge them then let them sit for a week and expect them to be fully charged still. The older they get and the more used they are, the more you have to keep them on the charger. In my experience a year is about all you may get out them them before needing a new set. I own several of these and though they do work, I just wish they would hold a charge longer and last longer than a year. For the money, they really aren't something you should pass on, just understand they won't last forever and expect to charge them if you let them sit for too long. I changed my rating from a 6 to a 7 after some thought because, for the money, I don't think you will go wrong.

These batteries regarge up to 1000 times

from Chattanooga, TN

Comments about Energizer - Rechargable Battery:

The quick charger charges batters in a hour. It takes less time than most and last very well. I have had this charger and batteries for more than a year and they are still working well. I bought another set for my kids this year. Saves a lot of money buying batteries and helps reduce waste which in turn will help our environment.

No good reason to NOT use rechargable batteries.

from Talihina, OK

Comments about Energizer - Rechargable Battery:

My family has purchased three of the Energizer rechargers with batteries and love them.  My husband and both daughters all love to take pictures with their digital cameras and they always use these batteries in them.  The cost of using these compared to using regular batteries isn't even comparable.  Once you buy these, the only cost to use them is a miniscule amount of electricity.  When we travel, they take their rechargers and their extra batteries and they charge them up at night to be prepared for another day of picture-taking.

The other thing we use these for is our computer mouse.  We keep two in the mouse and two in the drawer to replace them with.  When the last two run out, we replace them with regular batteries while the others are recharging and then pop them back in, using the regular batteries only for a few hours while the others recharge.  The recharged batteries last for weeks of mouse use between chargings.

The only thing anyone couple possibly complain about with these is that they are a little bit of work, but that is greatly outweighed by the cost and by the "green" aspect of these - no trash.

best thing energizer has come up with

from Eudora, KS

Comments about Energizer - Rechargable Battery:

This is amazing, we go through tones of batteries and when I saw this I knew I had to have it.  I had a drawer full of batteries most of which were no good, and I tossed them all out.  With the rechargeable batteries I have the chance of actually using them again and again

Love my rechargeables!

from Dorsey, IL

Comments about Energizer - Rechargable Battery:

I use rechargeable batteries all the time.  I use them the most in my digital camera.  I never have problems with my batteries losing their charges.  This being said, I do take several precautions in making sure that I take care of my batteries.  First of all,  you need to charge the batteries before you use them for the first time.  You also need to run down the batteries completely before you recharge them.  Since a camera will not do a good enough job at this, I put by batteries in two small flashlights which run down the charge completely.  If you do not run down the batteries after each use, your batteries will not last long.  If you do these things, your batteries will last a long time, and you can definitely make them wirth your money.  My bottom line:  energizer rechargeable batteries are great in every device.  They will last you a long time if you follow the suggestions listed above.

Ok for awhile but not impressive

from Council Bluffs, IA

Comments about Energizer - Rechargable Battery:

I got these batteries as a gift with a charger so that I could use them in my Canon digital camera.  For awhile they were ok and would operate the camera for awhile, but now they will charge (and show a full charge when I use a multimeter tool to check the charge) and then not even turn my camera on.  I'm really disappointed for the money that was spent that these batteries don't do a better job.  I have wondered if newer batteries would be better as possibly they can't be recharged as many times as they claim.  These would be far more economical than buying new regular batteries all of the time, but unfortunately for no better than they work they are not an economical option for me at all.  Overall I was greatly disappointed with the product as I had higher expectations overall for what they would be like and how long they would last.  I would not recommend these batteries to others as my experience with them as far as lasting power has been disappointing.

Food rechargable batterys

from Boston, MA

Comments about Energizer - Rechargable Battery:

I need some batteries so I went down to walmart to look at some and decided on energizers. Rechargeable batteries will drain quite fast compared to regular batteries when just sitting around, so don't charge them and put on shelf expecting fully charged batteries a month later, just recharge batteries when they go dead or charge extra set when batteries in toy,etc start showing they are low. I generally use these in remote controls, wireless mice, keyboards. I feel much better about popping a newly charged battery into one of these rather than a whole new battery. They don't seem to last as long as conventional batteries - I certainly wouldn't put them in your smoke detector, but for frequently used items such as those I listed above, they are nice. I went with a brand name and a product that was priced competitively. When it comes time to buy some more, I won't necessarily buy the Energizer again ill do some more reasearch when it happends.

Love that I don't need to buy more batteries

from Aberdeen, SD

Comments about Energizer - Rechargable Battery:

I am not going to lie, the only reason I bought the charger pack was because I had a coupon and it brought it down to the same price as a regular set of batteries.  I never had the desire to buy these before, I thought I would just end up losing the rechargeable batteries or throwing them away accidentally.  But they are so convenient.  I especially love using them in my camera that really drains AA batteries quickly.  I went through so many batteries in that thing and now I can just pop them into the charger and put in some that have already been charged.  I know batteries aren't that good for the environment, so I also feel really good that I am not throwing so many out.  I do have concerns because I do not always read the instructions for some items very well and some things so do not use rechargeable batteries.  So far nothing bad has happened, and hopefully it stays that way.  Besides the price, I love them!