Other Airlines:

Pros

Cons

• Service:
    • In-Flight Accommodations:
    • I received a sample (6), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (4)

Could Be Amazing, Little Problems Need to Be Fixed

My experience with Emirates (4 international flights) has been reasonably good. I had two delayed flights, which I think are partly the problem of the airports and their traffic. On one flight (Dubai to Maldives), after boarding, the plane crew discovered that their second computer was malfunctioning. They allowed technicians to board, but the problem could not be fixed. We sat around for 4 hours and 15 minutes while they got another plane to move us to. The cabin crew was wonderful during this time, very patient and reassuring. They served us our breakfast while we waited. However, I was not pleased by the 4-hour wait on the tarmac (surely someone could have discovered the malfunctioning computer earlier, before hundreds of people boarded?) and filed a complaint with the Emirates main office. A trip that was supposed to take 10 hours tops ended up taking 33 hours because of the delays and having to wait anew for each transportation change. The vacation of a lifetime that I was taking got cut short by a full day (and we still had to pay the resort for the day we missed)! Upsetting!

Service
I was contacted by a customer service officer [name redacted], after the main office received my complaint (3+ hours on the tarmac gives you the right to some restitution, for anyone who doesn't know). He offered me 10,000 Skyward miles for my Emirates flyer account, but said that I had to create an account first. I emailed him back informing him that I already had an account but could not seem to log in (the Emirates site recognized that I had an account but kept giving an error message that said I needed to contact CS), and that I wished to accept the free miles. I never received a response from Emirates CS after that. At this point, it seemed like far more trouble than it was worth to take the time to pursue the issue. I gave up. So, if a flight goes well with no problems, I think Emirates is great. If problems do occur, I don't think they are handled very well.

In-Flight Accommodations
I had a very comfortable and enjoyable flight, once the malfunctioning plane was replaced and we were allowed to take off! The menu presentation and food in the economy class was excellent, far better than the other long-haul carriers I have flown (LH, BA). The seats were comfortable, and my spouse and I enjoyed playing games using the touch screen on our seats (they were a little slow and not very sensitive, but still worked fine for our purposes). On one flight we were seated in different rows, but it was no problem. We could communicate using the seat phone and still play games with each other (by selecting the seat we wished to play with). The movie selection was fairly current, and I got to watch films I had been wanting to see. The volume (or headphones) may not have been good enough because I often could not hear the movie dialogue over the sounds the plane was making). The cabin of the planes is also lovely. I like the design on the ceiling that makes it look like little stars overhead, when the lights are turned out for sleeping.

Don't Travel Emirates with Kids!!

We had booked our reservation more the FOUR months before our return flight from Dubai. Upon arriving at the airport we were told that the airline had overbooked and hence our reservation no longer existed! What is the point of doing a reservation when an airline cannot take and hold one. We travel with little kids (4YO and 6YO) and had reserved to all sit together. The person at the check in counter added insult to injury by saying "Sir, next time don't book on a saturday"- so now all of a sudden this is the passenger or customer's fault for booking months in advance? In the end our little kids and us were spread through out the plane and we had to beg other passengers to let us sit next to our little kids who couldn't possibly fend for themselves on a 13 hour flight!!!!!

Best flight I have ever taken

from New York City

Comments about Emirates:

I travel frequently domestically and internationally. I took Emirates last year from JFK to Milan and it was hands down the best flight I have ever taken. From the service to the seat comfort to even the food it was a world class experience. I would recommend to anyone and hope to fly in the future.

I really enjoyed it

from Morocco

Comments about Emirates:

You should had more plan to Morocco

Obviously the best.

from Nairobi, Kenya

Comments about Emirates:

I have travelled many times with Emirates, they offer the best food and drinks, they also provide top notch entertainment.As a result of being affiliated with Emirates I'm a privilege club member where I get bonus miles for travelling and my air fare is reduced by half.Come one, come all at Emirates.

Best International Airline

from from libya

Comments about Emirates:

Emirates is offering its services to more than 120 destinations around the world and is characterized by Emirates' fast growth rate of global carrier and possessing a fleet of planes is one of the smaller existing fleets age, as Emirates has about 203 aircraft of various models, Emirates is the largest operator of the Airbus A380
Emirates won the award for 'Best International carrier "for 2013.

But as my experience on Emirates is like being a great experience on board the Airbus A380

A flight from Tunisia to China via Dubai on class tourism
Characterized by good seats and there are many Guenoah for entertainment and the most wonderful food and excellent service
The flight was on schedule without delay

In the end, I would recommend airline
Emirates
Because it offers all the comforts for passengers

turkya

from turkya

very very good

Extremely Good

from Boston, MA

Comments about Emirates:

I traveled from Boston to Mumbai in Emirates Airbus 380. It was superb. Diligent crew service, comfortable seats, varied entertainment. Dubai airport was cool to hangout at. Way to go Emirates!

I like airport emirares

from San Francisco

Comments about Emirates:

I really like a lot Btiran Emirates because he is comfortably quick and responsive staff

Royal class with economy pice

from Saudi Arabia.

Comments about Emirates:

I have had a chance to use Emirate airlines, and it was one of the most great experiences i have had.
What you pay to use it, be sure will be getting bettet value.
Great services and hosbitality.
I recomment every one to have this uportunity and they will not be regretful.

thanks

from uae

Best airline

Fly By Emirates again and again.

from Chicago,IL

Comments about Emirates:

I recently flew from Bombay to Dubai and from Dubai to Chicago by Emirates.
Emirates has all the features of a world class Airline. Service is truly enchanting and mind blowing. The Airbus 380 ride from Bombay to Dubai was amazing and memorable. Very few airlines have this airbus. We were always served with delicious variety of food from continental to Italian. All sort of fruit juices and complimentary wine was also served. Leg space room was more than the other airlines. The cabin crew were very quick and spontaneous and very helpful all throughout the journey. A 15 hour long flight did not seem like a long flight with Emirates. A whole variety of recent movie and songs collections was made available to us along with sitcoms. Having food and watching all the movies was simply memorable experience.
I thoroughly enjoyed flying with Emirates and this was my first time. What I had heard from my friends about Emirates class was indeed true.
I would definitely recommend Emirates to everyone.