Other Airlines:

Emirates

Pros

Cons

• In-Flight Accommodations:
    • I received a sample (4), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

Could Be Amazing, Little Problems Need to Be Fixed

My experience with Emirates (4 international flights) has been reasonably good. I had two delayed flights, which I think are partly the problem of the airports and their traffic. On one flight (Dubai to Maldives), after boarding, the plane crew discovered that their second computer was malfunctioning. They allowed technicians to board, but the problem could not be fixed. We sat around for 4 hours and 15 minutes while they got another plane to move us to. The cabin crew was wonderful during this time, very patient and reassuring. They served us our breakfast while we waited. However, I was not pleased by the 4-hour wait on the tarmac (surely someone could have discovered the malfunctioning computer earlier, before hundreds of people boarded?) and filed a complaint with the Emirates main office. A trip that was supposed to take 10 hours tops ended up taking 33 hours because of the delays and having to wait anew for each transportation change. The vacation of a lifetime that I was taking got cut short by a full day (and we still had to pay the resort for the day we missed)! Upsetting!

Service
I was contacted by a customer service officer [name redacted], after the main office received my complaint (3+ hours on the tarmac gives you the right to some restitution, for anyone who doesn't know). He offered me 10,000 Skyward miles for my Emirates flyer account, but said that I had to create an account first. I emailed him back informing him that I already had an account but could not seem to log in (the Emirates site recognized that I had an account but kept giving an error message that said I needed to contact CS), and that I wished to accept the free miles. I never received a response from Emirates CS after that. At this point, it seemed like far more trouble than it was worth to take the time to pursue the issue. I gave up. So, if a flight goes well with no problems, I think Emirates is great. If problems do occur, I don't think they are handled very well.

In-Flight Accommodations
I had a very comfortable and enjoyable flight, once the malfunctioning plane was replaced and we were allowed to take off! The menu presentation and food in the economy class was excellent, far better than the other long-haul carriers I have flown (LH, BA). The seats were comfortable, and my spouse and I enjoyed playing games using the touch screen on our seats (they were a little slow and not very sensitive, but still worked fine for our purposes). On one flight we were seated in different rows, but it was no problem. We could communicate using the seat phone and still play games with each other (by selecting the seat we wished to play with). The movie selection was fairly current, and I got to watch films I had been wanting to see. The volume (or headphones) may not have been good enough because I often could not hear the movie dialogue over the sounds the plane was making). The cabin of the planes is also lovely. I like the design on the ceiling that makes it look like little stars overhead, when the lights are turned out for sleeping.

Don't Travel Emirates with Kids!!

We had booked our reservation more the FOUR months before our return flight from Dubai. Upon arriving at the airport we were told that the airline had overbooked and hence our reservation no longer existed! What is the point of doing a reservation when an airline cannot take and hold one. We travel with little kids (4YO and 6YO) and had reserved to all sit together. The person at the check in counter added insult to injury by saying "Sir, next time don't book on a saturday"- so now all of a sudden this is the passenger or customer's fault for booking months in advance? In the end our little kids and us were spread through out the plane and we had to beg other passengers to let us sit next to our little kids who couldn't possibly fend for themselves on a 13 hour flight!!!!!

turkya

from sakarya

very very good

Extremely Good

from Providence, RI

Comments about Emirates:

I traveled from Boston to Mumbai in Emirates Airbus 380. It was superb. Diligent crew service, comfortable seats, varied entertainment. Dubai airport was cool to hangout at. Way to go Emirates!

I like airport emirares

from San Francisco

Comments about Emirates:

I really like a lot Btiran Emirates because he is comfortably quick and responsive staff

Royal class with economy pice

from Saudi Arabia.

Comments about Emirates:

I have had a chance to use Emirate airlines, and it was one of the most great experiences i have had.
What you pay to use it, be sure will be getting bettet value.
Great services and hosbitality.
I recomment every one to have this uportunity and they will not be regretful.

thanks

from uae

Best airline

Fly By Emirates again and again.

from Chicago,IL

Comments about Emirates:

I recently flew from Bombay to Dubai and from Dubai to Chicago by Emirates.
Emirates has all the features of a world class Airline. Service is truly enchanting and mind blowing. The Airbus 380 ride from Bombay to Dubai was amazing and memorable. Very few airlines have this airbus. We were always served with delicious variety of food from continental to Italian. All sort of fruit juices and complimentary wine was also served. Leg space room was more than the other airlines. The cabin crew were very quick and spontaneous and very helpful all throughout the journey. A 15 hour long flight did not seem like a long flight with Emirates. A whole variety of recent movie and songs collections was made available to us along with sitcoms. Having food and watching all the movies was simply memorable experience.
I thoroughly enjoyed flying with Emirates and this was my first time. What I had heard from my friends about Emirates class was indeed true.
I would definitely recommend Emirates to everyone.

This the best flying airlines

from Saudi Arabia

Comments about Emirates:

very good and they are on the time always

The best choice Emirates

Comments about Emirates:

About my experience Emirates Airline as the most secure and comfortable
And services quick Emirates Airline best good guys
They gave a toiletry bag on their New York-Dubai flight
which had a pair of socks, toothpaste and toothbrush and eye-shades. The one thigh that I liked the most is the warm towel they give when we boarded the flight and once before serving breakfast, which is very refreshing.
I will surely fly with them again soon.

Very Comfortable!

Comments about Emirates:

EK 385, HKG-BKK in Business Class. Hard to find many, in any faults in this service. Spectacularly equipped A380 with comfortable cabin, seating, remarkable IFE choices with high resolution screen. Business class bar a nice diversion from the in seat activities, service was very attentive and professional. Food and wine perhaps a tad below the rest of the experience but overall very hard to top this on the short run from HKG-BKK.
KUL-MEL-KUL. The outbound flight to MEL was perfect and in-flight service was top notch. However, the inbound flight to KUL was less than ideal. There was at least a 75 minute delay out of MEL. I think this is to do with day-light saving time (1hr) in MEL plus a bit more. I think it is the airlines responsibility to adjust and advertise the correct departure times in cases such as this. I was not informed when I checked in over the web or the counter staff at the baggage drop. However, given the price out of KL, I would fly this airline again.

An Absolutely Tranquil Experience

Comments about Emirates:

We took a trip to China one year, and that is how we came to be using this airline. I had never heard of them before that time. I love them, I loved the experience and I welcome the opportunity to travel with them again and again.

Service
The service is wonderful. They really seem to put your needs above their own and take the time to completely welcome you to their airline and to engage you in the experience. I loved working with them on our travel plans for start to finish. Well worth the time spent to have the perfect trip my whole family enjoyed.

In-Flight Accommodations
They do charge a lot for some of the accommodation, however it was well worth it to me to spent money on the comfort they offered to me and my family. I enjoyed every minute of it, and my husband was able to conduct last minute business from the comforts of the airplane before we arrived at our destination. We are planning another trip to China and will be using them for this trip also.