Other Microwave Ovens:
Emerson
MW8119S
Emerson Fans Microwave Oven

Emerson Fans Microwave Oven

Not a very good microwave

from Glendora, CA

Comments about Emerson Fans Microwave Oven:

I got this microwave for a very low price, but it came at a price. Initially, you'd think that this was a basic microwave, but it's more than that. It's a ticking time bomb. I'll admit, I was able to get a lot of use out of it, but I expect microwaves to last a very long time since they don't tend to break more than other kitchen appliances. The firs thing you'll notice is that over time, it eventually stops heating food properly, as it takes longer to cook anything after a few months. Second, the bulb will eventually burn out, so not only will you not have you food ready to eat, but you wouldn't even be able to tell while it's being heated. You'd have to stop it, take the food out, inspect it, and put it back in and reset the timer. This becomes tedious after a while since I don't exactly like sitting in front of the microwave. There are many other options from well known brands, so I'd suggest that you consider those products over this.

• Settings/Features:

Not too good

from Pleasant Shade, TN

Pros

Cons

Comments about Emerson Fans Microwave Oven:

OK -- it is an economical microwave -- however, it is such a pain in the neck. After cooking for 6 minutes it decides to shut off and you cannot do anything with it for another 5 minutes. This is VERY difficult when you have 6 people eating instant oatmeal in the morning -- 4 get served, 2 sit and wait. Also very difficult if you are depending on it for a side dish with dinner -- it just won't stand up to cooking. Very frustrating. Also seems to get a lot of condensation built up in it when cooking something like butternut squash (don't ever try that in this -- it takes HOURS instead of minutes). My mother has the same problem with hers and she has the same model as I do. She is single and still has the problem with it shutting down on her. I think a microwave needs to be able to cool some way other than shutting down. When you are cooking the last thing you want to worry about is if you have enough time on your microwave to be able to finish it.

Emerson Fans MW8119S Microwave Oven

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Emerson Fans Microwave Oven:

I use to think that Emerson made great products till I bought this.What a disappointment.Had it less than 2 years and it quit working,I looked for answers online and they wanted me to pay for the information if it fixed it.The manual had no answers,it gave me no solutions,I would not buy one ever again.