Other Microwave Ovens:

Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8992SB

Pros

Cons

You are good to go!

I believe my wife and I received the Emerson MW8992SB as a wedding gift. I used to have another microwave of a different brand, but we got rid of it. This one works real good, and we dont have a problem with it. I works great, it has the +30sec thing that i like and the instant minute too. When you go to warm something up, it doesn't melt you tupperware or leave a burnt smell that takes up the house or leaving it in your food. It cleans up very well, and its very very easy to use. Our model is silver and black. You can put bread on top of it and it wont mold, unlike when you put it on the fridge. You can defrost stuff, it cooks hot dogs good, and things like that. Be careful when warming up liquids like coffee and water. They seem to boil real fast. The rotating glass try can be put in the dishwasher, and I like that. The handle is on the door so you dont have to worry about the little door release button getting broken. This is a real good product.

This Emerson microwave is affordable.

We bought this microwave when we got married. We mostly picked based on the price and color but 5 years later we are still using it on a daily basis. It's a good microwave. It seems very small but we have been able to fit some larger dishes inside without a problem. There are "express" buttons which mean you just hit a number and it cooks it for that many minutes. It took us awhile of owning the microwave before we figured out how to manually enter a cook time. We should have read the manual soon, I guess! The express buttons are really handy and I find myself using them most of the time. I really like the ":30" button which allows you to cook things for 30 seconds with one touch or you can add 30 seconds while something is already cooking. Fits nicely on our counter and matches our other black/steel appliances well!

Does everything for third of the price.

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8992SB:

I did not want to spend a fortune on a microwave because in my opinion, they all do the same thing. I tried to find a reasonably priced product that got decent reviews. This is the one I chose and I have been happy with it for three years now. It is smaller than some of the other products so if you have big bowls, you might not want to get this, but for single people like me, this is the right size that doesn't take up a lot of space in your kitchen. It also has all the basic functions that you might need in your microwave. It has never malfunctioned so far.

The heating function is very reliable and consistent. You can also adjust the power and that function works well as well.

Settings/Features
This microwave has all the functions you would need in a microwave.

Since it is quite small, it is very easy to clean.

The functions are easily identifiable from the buttons.

I have used it frequently for three years and has been going strong.

I like the small size because it does not take up a lot of space.

Emerson microwave model # MW8992SB

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8992SB:

I purchased this microwave in March of 2007 and it just shut down on me last week. I think a fuse might've blown so I intend to test out replacing that before buying a new one. This microwave is great for reheating foods, making popcorn, baked potatoes, mixed vegetables, heating milk and hot water for teas or hot chocolate. It was the best microwave I've ever had and lasted over 6 years. I'll definitely purchase this microwave again if the fuse replacement doesn't work out. Great Product!

Very Efficient Microwave

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8992SB:

Is a good microwave, heats food fast. I like the stainless steel finish and it looks more expensive than it is ( which is always good).I love absolutely everything about this microwave except for the plastic over buttons which is already peeling and bubbling up in less than 6 months.

Heats up food super fast, almost no reheating necessary.

Settings/Features
Has many settings and features. Has all your basic defrosting and reheating options.

Super easy to clean with a quick wipe down of soap water and bleach. Easy wipe down of the outside with stainless steel cleaner for stainless steel appliances.

Very easy to understand, buttons 1-6 have express cook, meaning if you press the #3 button it will cook on high for 3 minutes, and it has the start button which will cook on high for 30 seconds and you can press that as many times as you need during cooking to add on more cooking time.

So far the microwave is great but the front plastic over the buttons is peeling,detaching and bubbling up which for the amount of time I've owned this microwave is clear indication that is not good quality.

Very stylish, stainless steel is definitely in.

good microwave

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8992SB:

I bought this microwave couple of years back and I must say that I'm impressed with it's performance.
This has been a nice addition to my kitchen. The microwave works nicely and is of decent size. It has different options which can be used for different types of food.
It does not use too much electricity and the overall time taken to warm the food is less that most of the other microwaves I have seen.
It also options for popcorn and beverage and is not very expensive. It is a very good buy if you can get it on sale at some store.
The size is perfect for a medium kitchen and it does not take too much space nor it is too small. I would recommend this microwave to others.

• Settings/Features:

This Emerson microwave is affordable.

from Yakima, WA

Emerson Microwave works great

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8992SB:

This a good microwave oven for someone living in a place with not much kitchen space like a dorm or small apartment. It has a stainless steel door with a black casing that would look good in any kitchen. The quick start buttons make cooking 1-6 minutes easy. There's even a quick start 30 second button for quick zaps but can also be used to add 30 seconds while the microwave is still running. It has a rotating glass plate that is really easy to clean but putting back can be a little annoying. The plastic ring with wheels that the plate rides on slides easily when trying to line the plate back up on the rotator, but that could just be my lack of finesse. One thing that is missing is a timer which I would really like when something's in the oven and I want a beeping reminder. It's a durable microwave that still works great after about 4 years.

Good Quality

from Fredericksburg, VA

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8992SB:

When our last Microwave of 10 years broke we were looking for one similar in size. We dont need a huge microwave, 0.9 cubic ft is perfect and we found the Emerson Microwave Oven and that fit the bill. I was a little concerned because I have had emerson products in the past that have not lasted very long but we got this for a good price so even if it only makes it for a year we will be satisfied.

So far it has worked very well and above our expectations. It has 10 power levels and what I like best are the one cook features such as, popcorn, pizza, frozen vegetable. It is very easy to use and I have been very pleased so far. I would definitly recomend as a cheap microwave but as for how long it will last I guess all I can do is wait and see.

Still runs great after 6 years

from Eugene, OR

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8992SB:

We use this microwave probably 5 or six days a week for almost six years and it still runs like new. The only thing I have to complain about is that I can't ever figure out how to change the clock back from 00:00 when the power goes out. Perhaps if we still had the manuel, but we don't. So it hasn't told the time in quite a while, but that is the only thing wrong with this machine.

It has a rotating table that is very easy to remove and clean. It is big enough to fit a large dinner plate, but not bigger. This isn't an expensive machine, but it had decent reviews when we bought it and still has good reviews, so I think it will be a good investment for you. It would be perfect for a college student or someone moving into their first apartment.

Great microwave!

from Garrettsville, OH

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8992SB:

This microwave is a beauty! It fits very nicely with our newly remodeled kitchen that features stainless steel applicances. It doesn't collect fingerprints the way some other stainless steel appliances do. The outside cleans up easily with just a wet wash rag. The oven does heat up really quickly, so I haven't experienced anything not being fully cooked or left cold in the middle. The high really does mean high though. I have managed to burn things if I didn't make sure it was set to the proper setting; however, thats more operator error than any fault of the microwave. I'm glad the product does exactly as it says it does. Cleaning is also fairly easy with this unit. As with most ovens, the tray and the holder remove for quick cleaning on those, and it is fairly easy to wash and wipe down the inside of the microwave once the parts have been removed. Make sure you put it together properly though, as I have not been diligent in this, and several times had something spill because I didn't put it together correctly again. Overall, great product.

Emerson Microwave Excellent

from Grove, OK

Comments about Emerson 900 Watt 0.9 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8992SB:

I owned a GE microwave for about 15 years and thought it was the greatest and was worried and apprehensive that I would not be able to find another microwave that was as good or better. Approximately 6 months ago my GE microwave finally :"shot craps" and after investigating other brands I purchased a new Emerson 900W Microwave oven.  I have to say that it's been a great one! I absolute love the auto cook menu selection, which my old microwave did not have. My Emerson has eight auto cook menus including, popcorn, potato, pizza, beverage, milk, dinner plate, fresh vegetable and frozen vegetable, all of which I use frequently and all of which works wonderfully.  The Emerson is alot more compact, which I didn't think I would like, as my old microwave was larger, but, I have to say I do like the new one better as it doesn't take up as much space but does the job it needs to do. The two features that I really love and use frequently are the time defrost and weight defrost, couldn't live without these two features.  All and all, I was really learly about purchasing a new microwave after having my other for so long and loving it, but I am very happy with my purchase of this Emerson.