3.3

Cons

A great little microwave

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Emerson 700 Watt Microwave Oven:

Nothing makes me more frustrated than appliances that are complicated. I like to open the appliance up, plug it in, and go. This microwave certainly fits that description. With only two dials and a simple push mechanism to open the door, you cannot go wrong. The eveness of cooking is great in this microwave and the size is perfect for my small kitchen.

I've owned this microwave for a long time and the eveness of heating is as good as when I first bought it.

Settings/Features
Nothing fancy here. Simple to use.

Cleaning your microwave is never the easiest of chores. This one is no exception. The coating on the inside is pretty slick and most often I can clean the stains with a magic type sponge and some spray cleaner.

Nothing can be simpler than my good old fashioned dials! Simple push mechanism to open the door!

This is my little kitchen workhorse. I use it at minimum once a day everyday and sometimes twice a day if my schedule is crazy and I need food fast. The door always opens, there are no knicks or chips on the outside of the microwave. The inside is starting to show a little wear but I attribute that to some slacking on my part with wiping it down.

I may sound old fashioned but I love the dials. So often the microwave at work or at other family members' homes have buttons that stick or are difficult to press. My good old fashioned dials always turn and are actually very easy to clean!

• Settings/Features:

Great for college/single days, not so much for family of four

from Champaign, IL

Comments about Emerson 700 Watt Microwave Oven:

Overall, it's really easy to use. There are 2 knobs, the top for heat setting and the bottom for the timer. The heat settings are: warm, defrost, low, medium, high. I have only used the high setting and maybe the defrost a few times.
I first received this used from a friend while I was in college. After using it for a few years (it was already 3 years old when I received it) I stuck it in storage for another few years. When our family microwave died, I pulled it out and it still worked fine. However, after a few months of using it, I realized I have been spoiled by our previous microwave and I passed our microwave on to a very excited college bound relative.
1. It's not digital, it has knobs that you have to turn like a kitchen timer. This is fine for most items, except if you have to microwave something for a few seconds.
2. It doesn't always evenly heat up. You really have to watch what you are microwaving and move it around on the plate a little. Also, even if you set it to the same amount of time (as best as you can because it is a knob and you can't be that precise) it may not always turn up exactly as heated up as previously. (It fluctuates by 5-8 minutes sometimes)
3. It is kind of small. We can stick in 2 small tea party plates or one big dinner plate at a time.

• Settings/Features:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Emerson 700 Watt Microwave Oven:

Has been a loyal office microwave for 5 years now. No problems at all.

At only 700 watts even on HI, it takes a couple minutes to heat a meal, but you should expect that.

Settings/Features
Basic model... no bells and whistles.

Cover your food so you don't have to clean!

Simple mechanical knobs, very little to break.

5 years of severe office potluck use, still going strong!

What can you say, it's a Box with a door that heats food.

not really powerful but still going strong over 10 yrs

from Gainesville, FL

Comments about Emerson 700 Watt Microwave Oven:

I am amazed this item is up for review at viewpoints. My family has had this particular microwave for over 10 years and it is still going on strong. It is small sized and is white in color which matches any decor easily. Age is showing as there is a small rusted tear in the inside corner of the microwave.

My complaint is that this microwave isnt powerful. Forget about microwaving a day-old pizza slice for one minute; you have to heat it for at least 2 minutes depending on how thick/large slice is. Honestly you hardly will need to use one minute unless you are heating some bread rolls.

Other than that complaint, this is a good microwave. Very reliable as ours is ancient old. Turntable still turns. Ringer rings loud enough. I recommend if you dont want a powerful microwave but want something that lasts.

This Emerson microwave works well for small spaces.

from North Vernon, IN

Comments about Emerson 700 Watt Microwave Oven:

The Emerson .9 cubic foot microwave is great for small spaces. My new apartment's kitchen has limited counter space and this microwave is a good fit for it.

I was surprised by the actual heating time for the low 700 watts of the microwave. It cooks a frozen entree in the time shown on the directions, without having to add extra time. It warms up leftovers quickly as well.

The control panel buttons are small yet easy to use. The first 6 buttons are quick-use, from 1 to 6 minutes called Express Cook. The start button is in 30 second increments as well, making it very convenient. There is also a kitchen timer, which has come in handy as my range does not have one.

Trying to figure out how to adjust the power levels is a bit challenging and I had to read the manual to learn how to do this. Once you know how to it isn't too hard.

Because the Emerson .9 cubic foot microwave is so compact, don't expect to be able to put a dinner plate in it. It will hold a bowl, a small plate, a paper plate and some smaller plastic containers under 3 quarts.

For the price, the Emerson 700 watt microwave is nice for college dorm rooms, small apartments or for your cabin. The heating capability and fairly easy use of operation make it easy to use. I priced microwaves for several weeks before purchasing this brand and have been pleased with its performance so far.

Better than nothing

from Portland, OR

Comments about Emerson 700 Watt Microwave Oven:

I received this microwave as a gift, so had no hand in choosing it. It's small and quiet, which are nice features in my apartment's galley kitchen. But it's not very powerful, and everything takes quite a bit longer to prepare in it than other microwaves I've used. I've had it for several years now and it's held up well, but when I'm in the market for a replacement, I'll definitely go for something with more "juice!"

Don;t waste your money!

from Portland, OR

Comments about Emerson 700 Watt Microwave Oven:

Our microwave died after almost 14 years of daily use. Total bummer :( Borrowed a friends old one until we could get a new but it died too. Picked this one up new- small but budget friendly. Almsot immediately the platic frame around the door cracked, the door open button stuck and the turntable wheel also cracked. Soon the wheels started to crumble and the plate chipped- the GLASS plate. 8 months later the paint underneath started top flake and peel exposing the metal under. Great! Oh! The turn dials became loose when turning and when it was done sometimes the wheel would not go past done so we had to manually turn it to stop the timer.So out it goes and we are onto another microwave. Will never get a push button door or turn dials again! This microwave was used normally- not roughly and kept clean- there is no excuse for this poor preformance. We were very disapointed!