3.3

3.3

Pros

Cons

ooo shinny

I am changing my kitchen over to all stainless steel, so when the microwave died the other night I thought I'd price stainless steel ones. I was please to find this one for...Read complete review

I am changing my kitchen over to all stainless steel, so when the microwave died the other night I thought I'd price stainless steel ones. I was please to find this one for 59.00

But does it have a turntable? Ok I'm spoiled, let the microwave turn the food for me I don't have time to run back and forth...... Yes, it does...and it's "pretty" ok .sold.

Putting the glass tray into the bottom turned out to be the hardest step, but once it slid in right the rest was easy. (it has to line up right to turn). The clock is big enough that I can see if from the other room....cool. That means I don't have to turn around to see the one behind me..Ok I'm a bit lazy too.

One thing I really like is you can cook in the microwave and use the timer at the same time.. That's a nice plus . The main buttons , top and sides are black, so the microwave looks clean even if most of the front is shiny. The open button is silver, but it cleans easily.

My only complaint so far is it doesn't wait while you make up your mind. If you go to program it to cook, you need to put the time in right then or it goes back to the clock...grrrr. Minor I know., I'd still recommend it.

It heats nothing over five minutes

After moving into a new (to me) home in November, my microwave bit the dust.  All my new appliances were stainless steel, so naturally I wanted a microwave to match.  I was pretty broke from buying the other new appliances so I basically went for the cheapest stainless steel one I could find at Wal-Mart.  At first I liked it.  It seemed to work great.  One day I decided to defrost something.  The trouble began.  After five minutes, the microwave cut itself off.....just stopped working.  About 10 minutes later it came back on, but the turntable kept moving, kind of in a spasm.  Back and forth, not a turn, like it was jammed or something.  Since then if I heat up anything over three minutes, like popcorn, etc it does the same thing.  As I type the turntable is doing a jig.......or is that the twist?  Whatever it is, I don't like it.  It basically overheats.  No.....I don't have it in a closed cabinet....it has plenty of ventilation surrounding it.  In the meantime.....I'm still broke, but will be looking for a new one in the near future.

Emerson makes JUNK microwaves!!!!

Comments about Emerson 1000 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8119SB:

I got the microwave and I've been having problems with it. It will still "wave" when you close the door. You can hear it running and it does still cook, the light won't be on and the turntable won't move but it does still heat. When I contacted Emerson they told me that I had to have it fixed at my cost. It has something to do with the shut-off thing (dunno). So will not buy another Emerson microwave.

Not good

ok

ok

good enough

Got to buy a new one (and it wont' be an emerson) after a year.

• Settings/Features:

i would buy a different microwave next time

from Bethlehem, PA

Comments about Emerson 1000 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8119SB:

Its a mediocre microwave. What i expected except for the deteriorating front panel.

I t performs to my expectations fo the price I paid.

Settings/Features
Settings are many to choose from and Easy to navigate.

This microwave. Is the easiet microwave I have had to Clean .ooo

Very simpliflied On the settings Many options to choose from that I do use.But the buttons are hard to push and now hard to see from the covering cracking and bubbling.

On the front panel the plastic covering over the settings are bubbling and cracking. I have only hd this a year. The bubbling and cracking started about 2 weeks after ibought it.

Design is a nice polish stainless steel.easy to Clean inside and out. it is a very good looking microwave.? it would fit into any decor.

• Settings/Features:

Love My Emerson 1000 Watt Microwave !!!

from Brazoria, TX

Comments about Emerson 1000 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8119SB:

The Emerson 1000 watt microwave is one of the best microwaves around.I truly love all the great features it has.Lets start with some of the really great things that it does, it has six pre-programed settings.The first one is baked potato,popcorn,pizza,beverage,frozen dinner,reheat.Now these six are located at the top of the front panel.Then you have the option to cook by weight, or defrost by weight, and speed defrost.It's really nice to have the defrost features.It also has a clock on the front and a number panel.This way you may choose what ever amount of time you may need.It has a turntable roller that sits under the glass plate inside.It does come with an instruction manual to help guide you through all the great cooking you can do.

Excellent performance.

Settings/Features
It has some great features.

Very easy to clean.

It is also very easy to use.

It very durable.

Very sharp design.

Well worth the money . Going to buy another one

Comments about Emerson 1000 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8119SB:

I purchased this back in 2008 and it finally died. We have never had any problems with it.It was well worth the money and preformed very well.

Very easy to use and easy enough for my daughter whick was 6 at the time to use

The only thing I did not like about it but who really likes to clean anything

Lasted little over 4 years

Sleek with the stainless steel design and great price

• Settings/Features:

The Emerson Microwave MW81195B is a decent buy.

from Soulsbyville, CA

Comments about Emerson 1000 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8119SB:

The Emerson Microwave oven (model number mw81195b) is a decent microwave for a single person, or folks who don't use a microwave oven very often.

I Bought this microwave when my other microwave broke during my house moving.  I needed  a decent microwave for occational useage that I wouldn't have problems with.  I purchased this microwave at Walmart and it was a very inexpensive model.

This microwave does not fit anything over a foot, it is a very small microwave. It has a turntable and settings for potatos, popcorn, pizza, frozen dinner, beverage, and reheat. It also has the number pad options. It includes a defrost by weight, cook by weight, and speed defrost button.

I would recommed this microwave to small households that do not use the microwave very often. They have this same model in the break room were I work and it hasn't had any problems either. The only bad thing about this model is that the door release sticks on occations. I would not recommend this microwave because from all the other reviews I have read about it, most of these microwaves die in about a year, although I have had mine longer than that.

You get more than what you pay for.

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Emerson 1000 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8119SB:

When we moved into our new place, the kitchen appliances were all stainless steel. My old white microwave just looked so out of place. Being that we had just moved, I didn't have a lot of money but wanted a quality product. Don't let the price fool you. This is a great product. My favorite is the 30 sec one touch button. I use this button all the time for softening or melting butter or a a quick heat on a sauce. I like the fact that the light comes on when you open the door and not just when the microwave is running. I would have paid much more money for this product.

Lasted me a little over 2 years.

from Durham, NC

Comments about Emerson 1000 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8119SB:

It was a great microwave while it lasted.  I expected that it would last a pretty long time, but not so.  After about 2 years it blew up and that was it.  I went with a different brand on my next microwave purchase.

Has Lasted MUCH Longer than 6 months

from Lenoir, NC

Comments about Emerson 1000 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8119SB:

I was reading the reviews and wanted to back up my microwave.  I have owned this microwave for over 3 years now.  I have had no problems what-so-ever from the microwave, and it still heats the way it did on day one.  Love this microwave and will buy this brand again** when** this microwave **finally does** go up in smoke.

Overheats and dies!!

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Emerson 1000 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8119SB:

This Emerson microwave was good while it lasted. It was smoking out the side vent and then popped and died. I just had to replace it and did not buy another Emerson even though there was a sale on them. So sad. Great way to lose business buy selling faulty appliances.

My Emerson microwave works great for 10 minutes!

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Emerson 1000 Watt 1.1 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven MW8119SB:

My emerson microwave looks nice. It is big and digital which is exactly what I was looking for. However, there is one problem, It works great for the first 10 minutes but if you use it longer than that is shuts off as if you unpugged. there is no power at all. Then after about 20-30 minutes it will work again.