Other Supplements:
Rca_2014_normal

Emergen-C Vitamin C Fizzy Drink Mix

Pros

Cons

Emergen C is an enjoyable orange drink for 35 cents.

Vitamin C is an important part of my life. Living in England, for the first 40 years of my life, I always took a Vitamin C tablet every day to ward off colds. Upon coming to Florida, I still felt that I needed to boost my immune system. I continued to buy the Vitamin C pills, and doubled up on them, when I knew that I was going on a long flight.

I was lucky enough to received 2 boxes of Emergen C to try. It is great being able to open up a packet of powder, add water, and have a dietary supplement to drink. The flavor I received is Super Orange, and it turns into a fizzy drink. It contains 24 nutrients with antioxidants, electrolytes, and 7 B Vitamins.

My husband and I decided to have this during the winter months, even though it doesn't get really cold in Florida. Each sachet makes a drink from 4 to 6 ounces. It has a great orange smell, and once mixed together is fizzy.The taste is of a slightly 'tart' orange. Just like one that you have picked slightly early from your tree. It has a slight aftertaste to it, which isn't unpleasant. I have tried it with 6 ounces of water, and it did taste a little diluted. I prefer to only use 4 ounces for myself.

My husband is diabetic, so I checked, and it only has 25 calories, and 5 grams of sugar. This is fine for him.

I will keep it in the house, because 35 cents for a quality, healthy drink, is cheap.

What a Rip-Off

Honestly, I don't get the hype over this product.

Honestly, I don't get the hype over this product.

Yes, Vitamin C is great for the body. Yes, Vitamin C boosts the immune system. Yes, Vitamin C can even cure alleriges (see here for that: http://scienceinproducts.blogspot.com/2011/01/amazing-power-of-vitamin-c_09.html )

But drinking one gram of Vitamin C is like taking a spoonful of sugar. First of all, one gram of Vitamin C is hardly enough to do anything. Most of us are malnourished when it comes to Vitamin C anyway, such that we really need at least 2-3 grams per day...even when we're healthy.

Second, I'm sure it tastes great and all when you're sick - but there's hardly any health benefit! It's much more cost-effective AND health-effective to get a bottle of chewable Vitamin C 500 mg tablets and munch on those all day.

Frankly, you're getting ripped off.

But if you do want something that's hot and tasty, coupled with a nice placebo effect (which can be pretty strong actually), go for it.

Quick, easy, and yummy

Comments about Emergen-C Vitamin C Fizzy Drink Mix:

The super orange Emergen-C vitamin mix is not very sweet, but I personally like that because I feel like I am getting actual vitamins instead of a sugary substance. This is so nice for a quick and easy way to get the extra vitamin C that I need! I received this from smiley360 as a free sample, and my opinions are my own.

I keep stock of this year round at work

Comments about Emergen-C Vitamin C Fizzy Drink Mix:

Working with the public, it is inevitable to become sick sometimes up to twice a year. I work closely with ten other people; we all share the same computer, phone, and vehicle. Most of us come to work when we should stay home as well. The moment the first person sniffles, I am at the store, replenishing my locker with a huge box of Emergen-C. I prefer the raspberry flavor as I had been forced to drink orange flavored medicine all throughout my childhood, but the fizziness of this drink helps make it feel more like a soda than nutrients. When I am sick, I will drink this up to four times a day, and will almost immediately feel brand new soon after consumption. When my co-workers are sick, I am usually shoving these packets into their hands and ordering them to drink.
There's not much powder in the packets, but the thing I like the most with this mix is you actually get to chose how much water you put in. If you like a stronger taste, you add less water. Lighter taste? Add more water. There are other flavors I have yet to try as well, but I am sure they are just as tasty as my favorite!

Miracle drink

Comments about Emergen-C Vitamin C Fizzy Drink Mix:

I love this product! When I feel a cold coming on I just mix the orange powder with a small glass of water and ice and I feel better in a matter of hours! I also take this when I'm low on energy in place of coffee or when I'm super tired. There's no crash later and it really makes me feel more energized and alert. I love that's it's all vitamin C based. I would recommend taking this if you are taking care of a loved one that is sick or traveling during cold season. It tastes great and even fizzes a little.

Works when you're in a pinch!

Comments about Emergen-C Vitamin C Fizzy Drink Mix:

I received a free sample of this stuff from the company in the mail, and I got right when I was getting sick! I have to say that although the fizz is a little disappointing (if you can even call it that? I'd say maybe more like fluffy bubbles?) the stuff really works. I prefer to do mine in 4oz of water because I prefer more flavor. I drank it right at the beginning of my sickness and I started to feel better by the next morning. My throat felt better a couple hours after. The fastest way to get your vitamin-c is through the power/crystal form, so I knew it would work quickly. I'm glad I had this stuff in the house that day, and now I always have a box of the stuff in my kitchen. I'm not someone who gets sick all that often, but It's always nice to have some vitamin-c around. It works even when you feel yourself getting sick. We all need an immune system boost every now and then, so it definitely helps. I would feel 100% comfortable sharing or recommending this product to a friend.

If you really like the taste of Orange juice, this is for you!

from Miami, Florida

Comments about Emergen-C Vitamin C Fizzy Drink Mix:

Let me start off my saying that I drink orange juice and like it, but this mix has a very strong taste of orange juice. It is much stronger than usual, so fair warning!

I love taking these drink mixes as they keep my immune system in check, and keep me from being the only person in the office without the cold spreading through the hallways! I take it every morning with my breakfast. You can take it up to twice a day which is great if you feel you are starting to get a cold, you can really try to get rid of it by taking this two times a day.

I also think these mixes are a great energy boost. I always feel more alert after taking one of these, which says something as I have an early call time for work.

Apparently one of my friends uses this as a hangover cure as well. I've never had to try it for that but apparently it works really well if you are in that situation!

Overall, it's a great mix to keep in your bag. I also recommend to take several with you if you are going on a trip!

Comments about Emergen-C Vitamin C Fizzy Drink Mix:

I swear by this stuff. Not only does it boost your immune system immensely, it also helps sore throats. I lost my voice while doing a play and drank 2 bottles of this stuff. It restored my vocals in just a few hours. You use atleast 4 oz. but i use the full packet and put it in a water bottle, than shake. So easy and effective. It also doesn't taste bad either. There's other varieties too, such as raspberry, pink lemonade and berry but orange is classic. Best for vitamin C as well. If you chug it, the effects take over quicker i've noticed. I don't exactly recommend that but if you want fast results..go ahead. 1 packet is usually enough for the day but sometimes 2 is even better. There is no aftertaste either and the taste itself isn't strong at all. Definitely bearable. It reminds me of orange tang. Remember that drink when you were a kid with the monkey on the cover? It tastes like that.

Burst of energy

Comments about Emergen-C Vitamin C Fizzy Drink Mix:

I received a sample of the Emergen-C in the mail,I tried it at the beginning of a my cold and it helped a lot,It gave me a energy boost that was needed to get through the day without having to take anything else over the counter.With a coupon I was able to purchase a box of the immune system Emergen-c that I took twice a day for 3 days,I made me feel so much better and with out having to take anything else with it,So if you think you are starting to get a cold then take Emergen-c It will help with feeling better without extra over the counter meds,It taste good a few different flavors like pink lemonaid,cherry,pomagranted,and a few more,all flavors have just a bit of fitz that I found refreshing,I recommend Emergen-c to all adults who feel a cold comeing on It just feels good on your throat when ice cold.You can purchase emergen-c at walmart,target and other big stores.

Not worth the awful taste

Comments about Emergen-C Vitamin C Fizzy Drink Mix:

I received a variety pack of Emergen-c flavors free so as to try them and review them. This was the first flavor I tried out and I was very disappointed. The orange flavor was overpowered by an almost acidic taste that, along with the weak fizzing, made it a very unpleasant experience. The benefits it offers are great, but with the nasty taste, I will not buy these again. I will find other ways to get the nutrients and vitamins this gives that will not make me gag upon the first sip.

A delicious and healthy way to get your daily vitamins

Comments about Emergen-C Vitamin C Fizzy Drink Mix:

Emergen-c is delicious! I drink two packet every day and I can definitely tell the difference in the way I feel! I have tried many different flavors, but the pink lemonade is by far, my favorite. I would recommend this product to anyone looking to increase their daily vitamins.

Emergen-C is the best and eas thing to happen to cold medication

Comments about Emergen-C Vitamin C Fizzy Drink Mix:

Emergen-C is my go-to for oncoming, early stage, or even middle colds. If I even feel the slightest sore throat or sniffle, I immediately take Emergen-C. It most always keeps that cold away or at bay. I would recommend this to anyone. As a university student, I am constant in public places with other people who are sick and I rely on Emergen-C to get me through the semester without getting sick. Particularly in cold season, I will take Emergen-C even if I am not feeling sick, just in case. If I was around sick people during the day, I take this to keep away even a chance of getting a cold. If you are a mom, or a student, or really anyone who constantly interacts with others a constantly seems to get sick, take EMERGEN-C! Great for kids. If they feel even the slightest bit sick, give it to them. Lots of flavors, so try them all and find what you like. Flavors make it more appealing to kids too, so they can find what they like. Trust me, It will change your life.