Other Snacks & Cookies:
emerald
Emerald - Deluxe Nuts

Emerald - Deluxe Nuts

Emerald - when you like your nuts big and salty.

Emerald is a good nut company, and research is showing that nuts are good healthwise. Nuts are high calorie and high in fat (but the good kind), so the rule of thumb is - nuts in moderation.

While I like peanuts fine, they are legumes (or beans really). Beans are also healthy in general, but beans are beans and nuts are nuts. When I'm paying nut prices, I like to get nuts.

Emerald Deluxe includes only nuts - premium nuts. The mix is cashews, almonds, walnuts, pecans and Brazil nuts. My favorites are the Brazils, and they are pretty scanty in the mix.

If anyone has a peanut allergy, these real nuts are processed in peanut oil. Emerald also sells peanuts, and they are clear on the package that there may be some peanuts or traces. I didn't see any though. I think they just want to cover themselves there.

I do like the mix of nuts here and that it's all premium nuts. I do think they put too much salt on the nuts. Even though I'm Southern, I really don't use much salt. These nuts are very salty. My tongue burns a bit. That's a lot of salt.

Extremely disappointed with "Deluxe" product.

Hey, I'm a big fan of Emerald nuts - get 'em all the time. This time, however, I bought a canister of Deluxe Nuts (sell by Nov. 15, 2013) that was so incredibly rancid that the smell turned my stomach. Tried three or four of the nuts and came to the conclusion that they must've used rancid oil, because the few I tried all tasted terrible. Very disappointed - hoping to hear back from my comment on their website (which is very cute - but please put less into your cute advertising and more into quality control!).

overall

Comments about Emerald - Deluxe Nuts:

I love Emerald's Deluxe Nuts. I love the mix and I love the varieties that the company offers.This mix in particular is my favorite because of the variety and the even spread of different types of nuts. That is, it isn't all almonds or all cashews. My biggest complaint is how expensive they are, but every now and then they go on sale and I stock up.

Love these nuts

Comments about Emerald - Deluxe Nuts:

I am a big fan of nuts. Emerald nuts are always fresh tasting and have good solid flavors. These deluxe mixed nuts are a good simple, salty mixture. Emerald can be a little expensive but they are a good change of pace treat to enjoy. You will enjoy these nuts a lot.

Good quality, always fresh

Comments about Emerald - Deluxe Nuts:

Emerald is a very good quality brand of nut snacks. They are consistently fresh; I've never had a nut taste stale or rotten. (Which is a rarity). These are relatively reasonably priced, and the grocery stores around here often run markdown or buy one get one free specials. They're a good snack choice for low carb or paleo diets.

A mixture of different nuts in a plastic container by Emerald.

Comments about Emerald - Deluxe Nuts:

I love Emerald Nuts and their Deluxe Nuts are a great mixture of my favorites. I also really love the plastic container the nuts come in. It's a perfect size to take with you or for any cabinet and it keeps the nuts fresh longer than traditional containers. I like that the nuts are salted but not overly so.

Extremely disappointed with "Deluxe" product.

REALLY GOOD MIXED NUTS

from Alamogordo, NM

Comments about Emerald - Deluxe Nuts:

I LIKE THAT THESE HAVE FREQUENT COUPONS AND A LOCAL STORE PUTS THEM ON BUY ONE GET ONE FREE OCCASIONALLY.  THEY ARE REALLY GOOD NUTS.  I WOULD PREFER LESS WALNUTS AND ALMONDS AND MORE PECANS.  I BUY THEM WITH OUT THE INCENTIVES TOO.  BETTER THAN THE OTHER BRANDS

Very savory and good quality

from Garden City, NY

Comments about Emerald - Deluxe Nuts:

These are awesome and the reason I only rated them a 4 instead of a 5 is because I don't like Brazil Nuts and they do have those in the mix but not in a high quantity.  Very savory and delicious.  Nice size nuts that don't break pretty good quality.  Me and my husband are very happy.

extradornarily good

from Southington, OH

Comments about Emerald - Deluxe Nuts:

These nuts are absolutely delicious and the best of the best.  They are just the right size, and seasoned just right to perfection.  I buy the best, then hide them from the rest of the family, as this is my "special" treat.  I'm not a greedy person, but the children don't truly appreciate the goodness of these nuts, and are just as happy with Planters or a store brand, where I appreciate the quality of this product.  Definately would recommend, although they are a bit pricey.  But every now and then, I am worth it.

If you like good quality,these nuts are worth it!

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Emerald - Deluxe Nuts:

The quality & price go  hand in hand.  Great flavor.  For those who like salty snacks this would be right up your alley.  Container size & shape are easy on the hands (including little hands).  Nuts are whole and not tiny pieces.  The variety of nuts satisfies everyone's taste buds. I will continue to buy this product & recommend it to all of my family & friends.

I'll buy 'em even though I'm on a budget!

from Los Fresnos, TX

Comments about Emerald - Deluxe Nuts:

The only reason I ever tried these is Ingles had BOGO and I can't pass up on of those if it's something I enjoy.  And nuts are one of those things.  I've gotten them several times since then.  It's a treat for me because nuts are an expensive snack, but since I don't buy chips I'll splurge on these because for the money they are great.  There is a bit too much salt, but I shake the canister to get a lot of it to fall to the bottom.  There are always nice whole nuts in each one although my favorite are the almonds.