Other Vacuums:
EL8502F
Electrolux Versatility Bagless Vacuum

Electrolux Versatility Bagless Vacuum

• Versatility:

Is it ok to love a vacuum?

I have had this vacuum for a few months and I LOVE it!  I had an upright before and loved it but the bagless I wasn't so sure about.  After looking at a few stores, I decided to give this one a try.  I came home immediately, put it together and went to work.  I LOVE IT!  I used it every day for almost a week.  It is great on carpet, hardwood or linoleum.  In a new house with 2 small children, I wanted to make sure they were playing on a safe and clean surface.  Now I feel they are.

This vacuum is so easy to use.  Everything is right there attached to the machine.  No hunting for attachments.  I love how the handle comes off and extends easily to clean.

Now I love the bagless and if I happen to suck up something I shouldn't have, it is easy to get.  I love seeing how much stuff it got every time.  The HEPA filter and odor filter are a plus to have also.

I hope this vacuum lasts forever - not sure what I would do without it!

I REALLY regret buying this

I was very happy when I first took this vacuum out of the box. I like the overall design and the metal tubes and stylish design are awesome. However, the more I use it, the more disappointed I become. Little things are breaking on it and cleaning it is a pain. The suction is horrible and the collectin bin is too small. Also, the small upholstery attachment does not work well. I was surprised by the number is positive reviews it received, so I felt the need to share my experience.

Maneuverability
This is a very heavy vacuum, so beware! It's no problem for me, but anyone with a back issue will want to avoid this model.

Ease of Maintenance
There are numerous filters which must be cleaned often. My mother always loved Electrolux, so I felt good about buying one. However, my impression here is that they tried to imitate a Dyson-type of design and fell far short. My old vacuum had only one filter which was easy to remove and tap on the concrete.

Suction Performance
I clean the the filters and still can't get good suction out of this. I even took a screwdriver to it to see if I had a blockage somewhere but couldn't find one. I broke out my 12 year old GE just to make sure it wasn't my imagination, and the the GE had much more suction.

Versatility
When everything works, it is very easy to detach the hose and use the attachments.

if you over-fill the collection bin, which happens often as I have six kids and two dogs, you have to reach in from the bottom and remove the plastic filter screen. This is very messy and gross! I do Iike the telescoping metal tube though.

I've had several plastic pieces break on it. The bottom cover-plate cracked and also the small plastic piece holding the metal handle to the hose broke so now I have to hold them together while using the attachments. Also there is a gasket around the main foam filter cover which comes off everytime I open it, and I have to fiddle with it to get back into its groove.

LOVE THIS VACUUM SO MUCH!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Electrolux Versatility Bagless Vacuum:

I love this vacuum! Now maybe I have never owned a good vacuum, I am not sure, I have owned the basic brands. Hoover, Eureka, Bissell and I didn't love any of them, they were just a vacuum, you know got the job done. I just happened to find this gem at Big Lots I am guessing it was an older model & so I bought it just on the name alone. Usually Big Lot items are refurbished so I would hesitate (not sure why, they come with a warranty too) but this one was brand new never opened in the box. SCORE. Brought it home and tried this baby out, OH MY GOSH fell in love. First off, it's the most quite vacuum EVER, suction is great, light weight, and don't even get me started on the little contraption for the pet hair for me to get off my couch and stairs. Totally in love with this vacuum. I know people rave about their Dyson and I have never tried one but honestly I don't care to and I always thought they were insane to pay so much for a vacuum but I can say if this one dies on me I will be buying a Electrolux again for sure.

Maneuverability
Doesn't turn into every little nook and crany but it is an upright so you have to use the hose to get in the little corners but I think that would be with any vacuum.

Mine is purple, could you ask for anything prettier?

So far, so good.

This model is poorly designed

Comments about Electrolux Versatility Bagless Vacuum:

This model is poorly designed. There is no height adjustment for carpet thickness. Also, the On and Off switch should be on the handle for easy access. Also, when you remove the handle to use the vacuum wand there is not way to pull the vacuum. There is no handle on the body of the vacuum to pull the unit when the handle is in use as a wand.

This model is poorly designed

I REALLY regret buying this

• Versatility:

Powerful enough to clean up after 6 cats!

from York, PA

Comments about Electrolux Versatility Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum is amazing! Picks up everything I run it over and with the hepa filters, nothing's kicked back into the air!

Maneuverability
        Standard 4 wheel square bottom, handles well for the design.

Ease of Maintenance
        Can be a slight pain to empty canister if you let it get full

Picks up everything!

Versatility
        Handy pop-out stick with attachments, can release and return it to the base one handed.

Could be slightly more rounded on the bottom.

I lunk this up and down the steps several times a week, and it once when downstairs on its own, and still works great!

• Versatility:

ELECTROLUX VERSATILITY BAGLESS UPRIGHT - THE BEST!!

from Massapequa, NY

Comments about Electrolux Versatility Bagless Vacuum:

This is absolutely, positively the best vacuum you will ever own!!!  The suction is unbelievable - and very easy to operate.  I think Electrolux hasn't done a very good job of advertising this machine - it beats out the Dyson and is a lot cheaper.

I actually received this vacuum as a product test - I didn't even pay for it but I would have double, in fact!! Funny thing is the day I received it, I had just vacuumed the house.  I decided to use it to see if there was anything my vacuum left.  Well, let me tell you, the amount of dog hair and other icky stuff it picked up lead me to believe my old vacuum did nothing!!  When you vacuum with this machine, your house is clean!

If you need a new vacuum, get this one - you won't be sorry!!!

Great Lightweight Vacuum

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Electrolux Versatility Bagless Vacuum:

Having just purchased this vacuum, I can say that it's a great value. From un-boxing to use everything is simple and easy. Assembling the vacuum was extremely simple and only requires a screwdriver. Assembling the charging stand was just as simple. The vacuum and stand combo is very compact/discrete and can be hidden easily anywhere (I have mine stored behind a door that's constantly open which conceals the vacuum perfectly.) Being a wireless vacuum is also a plus! It's so lightweight I can carry it all around the house without growing tired at all. The wheels included on the bottom make cleaning hardwood floor heavenly. I don't think I have a need for my broom anymore unless for accidentally broken dishes. I have also found that this vacuum is also great for stairs. No more needing to lug my heavy duty and heavy weighing corded vacuum up and down the stairs again. Although cordless, this vacuum does provide enough suction to do a good job of cleaning up rooms. All in all I'd say a great buy!

I do like it but.....

from Hannibal, MO

Comments about Electrolux Versatility Bagless Vacuum:

I have owned this vacuum for about 2 years. I do like it and think it does a good job, that being said about 6m after the purchase I had the brush roller thing melt due to a bad belt, I ALWAYS clean out the roller EVERYTIME I use it. When I contacted them they looked up the serial number and saw it was pretty new so they sent me a new roller free and scolded me on how to care for my vacuum. I do like it and havent had a problem since but the customer service wasnt exactly the nicest. I like all the options and reallly like how the handle pops right off to suck around the corners but it is a little heavy to back around.

Great Value for the Cost

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Electrolux Versatility Bagless Vacuum:

My husband and I live in a two bedroom condo in Chicago...with two large German Shepherds. We have all hardwood or tile in our home so for awhile we were able to get away with only sweeping but two years ago we decided to treat ourselves to a vacuum. I had heard such great things about the Dyson systems and was convinced that was the direction to go in but the cost made me hesitate. I did some research and found that a lot of people were very happy with this Electrolux (which was also significantly cheaper...although definitely not "cheap"). I have been very satisfied with our purchase. It has a very strong suction and is easy to manage. I know that some people have complained about the handle being heavy but I would never have noticed this to be a problem. It might be heavy for someone with certain needs but for the average person the weight would not be an issue. I love that we don't have to replace a bag. I do empty the canister often but again I am sucking up A LOT of dog hair. I would definitely recommend this product.

A great investment!

from Clarksville, TN

Comments about Electrolux Versatility Bagless Vacuum:

The Electorlux Bagless Upright has made cleaning so much easier for me! I love not having to replace a bag, and it is very easy to see if the receptacle is full. The receptacle is also large enough that it doesn't need to be emptied too often. The suction is very good, especially if you are sure to keep the filters clean, which is pretty easy to do. All of the typical "attachments" are featured but are permanently attached, making it very quick and easy to switch back and forth between them. The wand is nice and long and makes it easy to get the tops of doorjambs and in corners. The only piece that is removable is the little pet-hair removal piece, which works very well on stairs. I literally use this vacuum in every room in my home- carpet, wood, and vinyl alike! The only drawback would be that it is a little on the heavy side, particularly for lugging up stairs or taking out to the garage.

works well but handle has common malfunction issues

from Brookhaven, MS

Comments about Electrolux Versatility Bagless Vacuum:

works like a dream and gets up tons of dirt but the handle on mine had no suction.  I ends it isn't opening properly and has to be reparied apparently this is a common issue with this item.  Love the way it turns off and on and ease of use.  Item is still under warranty so it will be shipped off to be fixed at no charge to me.  Unfortunately I have to find my own box and my own packing materials which is a bit annoying.  I really thing a full warranty should offer these things.  Especially when it was bought with this problem already in place and it's a common problem.  so I'd say not the greatest customer service.  when you call you don't even get an immediate answer on if it will be repaired they have to call you back to let you know.  However I do love how well it vacuums so hopefully worth the struggle of repairing.  Hopefully the sucktion in the handle is as good as the rest of vacumm is.