Other Kitchen Cleaners:
Electrasol Finish Quantum

Electrasol Finish Quantum

Pros

Cons

The sliced bread of dishwasher detergents!

I have used just about every dishwasher detergent made over the past 39 years. I have seen fads come and go as well as good ideas with poor results. The **Quantum Finish Powerball Automatic Dishwasher Detergent with Jet Dry shine** is the best I have used so far. Are they perfect? No. Do they clean my dishes and leave a shine? Yes.

The tablets are a bit expensive if you don't buy them on sale or with a good coupon, but, sometimes you get what you pay for! I like the little pre-measured rectangles because I don't have to guess or waste product. I also like the fact that everything is self contained. There are bleach granules to help get rid of stains as well as disinfect the dishes. There are enzyme granules that help release caked on food stuff and a cute little red dot in the middle of the rectangle that is the powerball. It contains a Jet Dry gel that is a rinse agent- no more spots!

The rectangles fit any make or model of dishwasher and do not have a wrapper to remove and discard. How cool is that? Just place one of the rectangles in the detergent cup of a dishwasher, run the clean cycle and "ta-da!" clean dishes.

**Bottom Line:**

Good stuff but wait for a sale for the best value.

It Never Melts Fully

We recently moved into a new house that has a dishwasher.  Our old house was so small a dishwasher wouldn't fit.  So I have to admit that I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to the care and cleaning of dishwashers.  Anyway, Electrasol Finish Powerball Quantum was one of the products we bought to put in our dishwasher.

After the first use of Electrasol Finish Powerball Quantum, I noticed that a lot of the pouch had fallen onto one of my plates that was on the bottom rack and it just sort of melted and became one with my plate.  It was gross and  I *WAS* able to hand wash that off the plate, but it was very sticky and gross and I didn't just acquire a dishwasher so I could spend MORE time scrubbing dishes.

Because it's so en-grained in my head, we do pre-wash EVERYTHING before it goes into the dishwasher and some might even comment on the fact that it almost looks as if things have already been cleaned before even entering the dishwasher.  Oh well. That's the way I roll.

Anyway, I used  Electrasol Finish Powerball Quantum again and basically had the same results. I even always use the longest cycle I can use every time.  I never use the 'extra hot' cycle, but for these to work it really wouldn't be worthwhile to always run the extra hot cycle.  After re-reading the directions on the box, it says to just put the entire pouch on the base of the dishwasher and that problem would be solved.  What I don't understand is why they can't redesign the product so that we can put it in the proper spot and it still work?

As I said when I place  Electrasol Finish Powerball Quantum on the base, the entire thing dissolves and works as it should, but even with the jet dry shine added to the actual packet AND Jet-Dry in my little tank thing, my dishes still come out spotty.

These are awesome!

Comments about Electrasol Finish Quantum:

These dish washing tablets are the best I have ever used! They do an excellent job at getting your dishes completely clean. My husband and I had been using a cheap brand of dish washing soap because we are on a really tight budget. However, a friend recommended these tablets to us so we thought we would give them a try. We paid a little more than normal for them but they were completely worth it. You just simply put one tablet in the dishwasher and let it do its thing. The tablet got our dishes cleaner than they have ever been. Our glasses, which always look smudged, looked completely clean. It got all the dirt and grime off all of our dishes. I cannot say enough good things about these. There was no leftover residue at all. I would highly recommend these tablets. They are completely worth what you pay for them. They do an incredible job at getting dishes clean! If you are looking for really clean dishes, these are the tablets for you!

This product might make me to use the dishwasher more often!

Comments about Electrasol Finish Quantum:

I do not use Dishwasher that often unless it is the dishes for more than 5 people. It is just myself and my husband so I hand wash them often. The other night we had a group of friends over,and I was out of the dishwasher detergent. That was when I used the sample of Finish Quantum power ball I received in the mail. It was so easy to use, with no tension of how much detergent to put in.
The description of this product was so fascinating that I had to use it. It said that this capsule has 3 sections, one has Power Gel that washes away residue for an amazing shine, the second has a pre-soaking power ball that penetrates and breaks down, and lifts away even 24-hour dried on food.The third has the advanced powder with bleach that seeks out and cleans tough stains like tea and coffee.
So basically what I had to do was arranging the dishes in the rack, put this capsule in there and let it work. I was quite amazed with the results, my dishes were sparkling clean. I still have one more capsule handy after which I might grab a pack of Finish Quantum if any coupon is available. I am glad I got a sample to try this awesome product.

Good, but maybe not worth the extra money

Comments about Electrasol Finish Quantum:

I received a sample of the Finish Quantum packets in the mail a few days ago and decided to try them out. You should know that I use the Finish Powerball tablets regularly. I used the two samples sent to me on two consecutive loads of dishes and I have nothing to complain about, my dishes were clean and sparkly, I was very pleased with the performance, but I did not notice anything extraordinarily special about them. I love the Finish product for the way they get the dishes clean, yet I do not smell/taste the soap on the dish later, I live in an area with hard water, and I barely rinse my dishes before running them through the dishwasher. I have been very pleased with all of the products I have tried from Finish. The only thing I have to say bad about this product is that I did not see a visible difference in my dishes. I see no reason to pay the extra money to get the Finish Quantum version of detergent versus the regular Finish Powerball.

The best dishwashing detergent I've ever used.

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Electrasol Finish Quantum:

I was using another detergent for my dishwasher and my dishes were not coming clean at all. My friend recommended that I try Finish and I did. I was sold from the first wash. My dishes came so clean you could see your reflection in them. And the powerball keeps my dishwasher clean and fresh. I have recommended this product to several people and am so glad that my friend turned me onto this product.

Finish Quantum, what's the point?

Comments about Electrasol Finish Quantum:

What's the point in using a product that's supposed to make your life easier if you'll only have to do more work in the end? That's what these Finish Quantum tabs make me do. While they look nice and look cool they don't work at all. I have a nice, expensive, dishwasher so I thought I would pamper it by giving it what looked like dishwasher candy. After running the dishwasher my dishes aren't even clean! There's white stuff all over the silverware, plates, and glasses. Where's the sparkle that's on the front of the box? I have absolutely no idea but it's definitely not on my dishes. I have to put them in the sink and wash them by hand again after running them through the dishwasher. I already hand washed them initially but I like to run my dishes through the dishwasher to help sanitize them and give them a little extra clean. These are just a headache when the white powder part doesn't fully dissolve.

This product works great.

Comments about Electrasol Finish Quantum:

I have tried all brands of dishwasher detergents and this one works the best. Just rinse the dishes and put them in the dishwasher and put in a Finish Quantum tab. I do not need to use a separate rinse aid and my dishes come out clean without any spots.

The best!

Comments about Electrasol Finish Quantum:

These little packs are amazing. It took me quite a while to try them because the price was so high. I went through every liquid dishwashing soap and every brand of packs that I found and I was disappointed in all of them. That's when I decided to give these a try. I was in love with them after just using one time. They are absolutely amazing. These packs dissolve completely and leave your dishes very clean. I never once saw any stuck on food left on my dishes. These made my glass dishes, cups and silverware shine. There was also never a nasty film left on my dishes. A lot of times, if I didn't have very much time to spare, I would throw my dishes in the dishwasher without pre-washing them and that was never a problem. Although the price is high, I would definitely recommend these. The only reason I don't use them anymore is because I no longer have a dishwasher. As soon as I get one again, I will be buying these packs on a regular basis.

Okay Dishwashing Tabs

Comments about Electrasol Finish Quantum:

I have tried so many dish washing tabs to see which ones work best. I have tried many of the Finish brand tabs. The Electrasol Finish Quantum tabs are certainly a hit or miss product. I bought two boxes of these and I still have a full box because I didn't think they worked.

It puzzled me that sometimes the "stuff" in the packet would dissolve and sometimes the entire packet would be still sitting in the dishwasher. I'm not sure what caused the inconsistency, but I have stopped using the tabs due to that simple fact. I wasn't entirely sure if my dishes were getting clean and didn't want to take my chances. A lot of watermarks were showing up on my drinking glasses, pots, and pans.

These are not the best dish washing tabs, but if there was nothing left, they would work. These dish washing pacs seemed like they were high quality, but I didn't think they were worth the amount they were. This is the only Finish product that I have had a problem with.

All right product

Comments about Electrasol Finish Quantum:

I love using my dishwasher, when raising two children and going to college any shortcut that gets things done is awesome. I have tried many different dishwasher detergents, this one is one of the better ones, but it does have some qualities about it that I'm not crazy about. Overall it does clean the dishes like it is supposed to, but I did notice a powdery soap residue on the inside of my coffee cups, which are black. So this made me uneasy, I probably didn't notice the residue on my other dishes because they are lighter colored. So now after washing them in the dishwasher I have to rinse them off, granted I use the rinse cycle on the dishwasher, but it wastes more water and I shouldn't have to. The price of these are a little more expensive than most, but I'm not too convinced they are worth the price. I probably would buy these again, but they wouldn't be my first choice.

Finish Quantum with Jet Dry is the best dishwasher pod available

Comments about Electrasol Finish Quantum:

Finish Quantum with Jet Dry is hands down the best dishwashing all in one pod or pack on the market today. I have an older dishwasher and have had trouble getting my dishes clean in the past, until I tried Finish Quantum. My dishes come out sparkling every time. It even seems to clean the inside of my dishwasher!