Other Kitchen Cleaners:
Electrasol Finish Powerball Tabs

Electrasol Finish Powerball Tabs

Pros

Cons

Great for a Busy Dad (or Mom)!

For a busy dad, convenience is always a must. Electrosol Finish detergent tablets are the ultimate in convenience for squeaky clean dishes. There is no guesswork, mess, or waste because the detergent tablets are pre-measured. The tablet has three components, a powerball for pre-soaking, powerful cleaners to remove stains, and jet-dry to rinse away residues. There is no need to buy and refill the jet dry reservoir in the dishwasher because jet dry is actually built into the tablet. These tablets are extremely easy to use. Merely remove the tablet from its wrapper, place it in the dishwasher's detergent dispenser, close, and turn on the dishwasher to achieve fantastic results!

It cleaned the finish off a few of my pots and pans

I was in need of dishwasher stuff and found Electrasol Finish Powerball tabs on sale and thought I would try it out.

It was time to start the dishwasher...Read complete review

It was time to start the dishwasher and I put in the tab as directed.  I had a colander that I got from my mom years ago, a few pots and pans and the normal stuff like dishes and flatware in the washer. Stuff that I normally put in the dishwasher over the years.

I went to empty the washer and found the plates and flatware came out nice, but the colander was missing the finish on it, discolored and it had a coarse feel to it.  I wasn't to happy with that. I then checked my pots and pans.  The outer finish was starting to peel.  Really mad at this point and so I tossed the rest of the bag of the Electrasol away.

I will never use this product again and I do not recommend it.

Great for hard water

from Eagle River, AK

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Home

Comments about Electrasol Finish Powerball Tabs:

We have hard water in our home, and only a couple brands of dishwasher detergent have worked for me. One of those brands is Electrasol Finish Powerball Tabs.

These tabs come individually wrapped and need to be removed from the wrapper before putting them in the dishwasher. (I like the pillow type that can be put right into my machine much more). The tablets are blue and white with a red ball on top.

These claim to clean powerfully, cut grease, remove coffee & tea stains, clean burned on food and dried-on leftovers, and leave no residue behind.

I've had good luck with this product. My dishes come out clean, and there is no residue on my glassware or flatware. My flatware is shiny and my glasses sparkle.

I have never had any issues with the detergent not dissolving completely, and they are easier to use than powder.

I do rinse my dishes to remove food particles before putting them in my dishwasher. I have found these to work well with or without the rinse aid added to my machine.

Chalky residue will make us switch

Comments about Electrasol Finish Powerball Tabs:

They really appeared to work in the beginning when we first bought them, but I feel this last package the have changed the formula. Spots everywhere and a strange white film on all our dishes and utensils.

These were great when they came on to the market. However in the last year, the quality has decreased significantly. So much so I will be writing the company. Our dishes are spotty and there is a gross white film on everything. We hand wash before we place things in the dish washer, and we've also started adding a secondary detergent to help. This sort of helps. But still not the product we thought it was.

I don't really notice a scent. I don't believe it helps clean the dishes. Not sure why this is a factor.

Recommended by my Mom

Comments about Electrasol Finish Powerball Tabs:

I just moved into a home that had a dishwasher for the first time. When I was looking to purchase dishwasher detergent my mother actually recommended this brand. I knew that she had problems finding something that worked well for her after the law was passed that all phosphates had to be removed from cleansers, so rather than doing the "try-it-out" method myself, I took her advice. I am so happy I did. I have never had a problem with the tablet not completely dissolving, and my dishes come out sparkling clean every time. I use this for glasses, my corelle dinnerware, as well as pots and pans and silverware. Each and every time I use it I have been pleased with the results. I do not pre-wash my dishes, I scrape off the solids and load them in, I have rarely had an issue with food being left on the dish when it is finished, and usually if something is left on, I can atribute it to being improperly loaded, rather than a bad soap. I also love that it does not leave my dises smelling like soap, I don't want "lemony freshness" while I am eating my bowl of ice cream.

The tabs look like a cell diagram I did in the seventh grade.

Comments about Electrasol Finish Powerball Tabs:

My sister-in-law recommended this product to us a couple of years back. We live in a community where our culinary water is pretty mineral heavy, so all our glassware and the inside of our dishwasher were getting coated with mineral deposits. We finally decided to give Electrasol Powerball Tabs a try to see if they were as good as we had been told. They worked for us, and, as a result, we haven't used any other product since. First of all, I love that I don't have to pour anything. That was always a messy and wasteful enterprise for me. Each tab is individually wrapped, so they are very quick and not messy to use. Second and most importantly, this product really cleans well; we like to experiment with how little have have to scrub and still get clean dishes (the answer: very little).

Note: we use this product in tandem with Electrasol Finish Quantum and a splash of vinegar in every load of dishes.

Sparkling clean dishes, everytime!

Comments about Electrasol Finish Powerball Tabs:

I recently moved into an apartment with a dishwasher for the first time. Initially I used some "environmentally friendly" dishwasher gel that did a terrible job. I thought it might be the problem might be that my dishwasher was broken. Food particles were caked on plates and glasses even after running the dishwasher on the pot scrubbing cycle.

I gave up halfway through that bottle of 'natural' dishwasher detergent and switched to these tabs. Ever since the switch, I have had perfectly clean dishes every time. It wasn't the dishwasher, it was the detergent! They are very conveniently packaged, so I don't have to worry about how much to put in. I know they may have more chemicals than the environmentally friendly, scent-free stuff, but they do a hell of a better job! On the other hand, they do not contain phosphates, which are bad for the environment because they cause algal bloom.

New Formula does not get the jop done!

Comments about Electrasol Finish Powerball Tabs:

The new "Low Phosphate" formula stinks. End up washing the dishes by hand and using dishwasher. Poor energy and water usage - no "savings" to environment.

Will be looking to find old formula version. Hope I can locate nearby - but I will have some UPS'd if I have to.

Kinda like the "low flow" toilets - end up flushing more than 1x....

Gelpacs are better than Powerball!

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Electrasol Finish Powerball Tabs:

I use Electrosol Dishwasher products almost exclusively, but have found that the gelpacs work much better than the Powerball.

At times the Powerball Tabs have not completely dissolved and I have found a gritty finish on some of my dishes. By contrast, the Gelpacs in general dissolve well and seem to leave the dishes cleaner. I am puzzled why Electrosol continues to market the Powerball tabs when the gelpacs seem so much better. I have had a few problems with the gelpacs sticking inside the soap dispense if they get wet, so if the soap dispenser is wet, I wipe it with a paper towel.

I'm not sure if I would buy these again

from Denton, TX

Comments about Electrasol Finish Powerball Tabs:

I had never used Electrasol Finish Powerball Tabs, but I bought them because they were on sale and I had a coupon for them. They are a good value when compared to other dishwashing tabs, but I believe they are inferior as far as quality goes. Although they are very easy to use, easier than liquid or powder, I was not happy with my dishes after they were washed. All of my glasses had spots on them. I also noticed that the finish on my flatware was discolored and dull. After reading some of the other reviews of this product, I have come to the conclusion that it must be the Electrasol Finish Powerball Tabs because nothing else has changed and I have had the same flatware for several years and this is the first time I have seen anything like this happen before. I will most likely not purchase the Electrasol Finish Powerball Tabs again, and most likely would not recommend them to anyone.

Electrasol Power Tabs work wonderfully!

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Electrasol Finish Powerball Tabs:

We recently switched to Electrasol power tabs after finding out that the gel pacs are bad for your dishwasher. I have been nothing but pleased with these tabs! I can usually purchase them fairly cheap and they do amazing work. I rarely prerinse my dishes and they most always come out sparkling clean. It's simple to use, mess free, and a no brainer to get the right of amount in the cup since it comes in a tablet!

LOVE these!

Comments about Electrasol Finish Powerball Tabs:

I absolutely love these! They are so easy and simple - just pop one in the compartment in your dishwasher door and let them do the rest! The first time I used them I was really shocked at how clean my dishes were. I could not believe it. These are way better than the box of detergent I was using before - not to mention a lot less messier! Take about disaster! lol.