Other Kitchen Cleaners:
Dishwashing Detergents
Electrasol
Electrasol Finish Gelpacs

Electrasol Finish Gelpacs

Finish Gelpacs leave my dishes sparkling!

from Mundelein, IL

Comments about Electrasol Finish Gelpacs:

I've been using Finish (formerly called Electrasol) for over a decade, and it has always done a great job on my dishes. Back when I was in my college apartment, a new roommate commented on the fact that we were using Finish pacs. "I thought you were buying these because you were lazy," she said, referring to the fact that there's no measuring necessary. "But now I see that they work really well." Her comments sum up my Finish experience exactly.

My favorite Finish product is these gelpacs. They are cute little plastic pillows filled with blue gel. They always dissolve completely. I've used them in several brands of dishwashers, ranging from new and good to old and cruddy, and the Finish gelpacs always get my dishes sparkling clean. I've never had any problems with streaking or clouding; my glassware comes out lovely and clear. I almost never have any stuck-on food residue left; Finish does a great job of cleaning even the dirtiest pots and pans.

I buy Finish gelpacs in the orange scent, and I like the way it makes my house smell. The packaging emphasizes the need to close the bag of gelpacs carefully, so that they do not dry out. I make sure to fold the top of the bag over, and I have never had any problems with the packets being dry. Overall, I highly recommend Finish gelpacs.

I LOVE this!

from Bountiful, UT

Comments about Electrasol Finish Gelpacs:

This is my favorite dishwasher detergent to use! In fact, I won't use any other! This cleans my dishes so well and it doesn't leave any film behind. I've used the Finish powder before, but it leaves behind some of the soap on my dishes. The gelpacs do not! And you can't beat the price, it is cheaper then some other brands, but I believe this does a better job.

I'M IMPRESSED

Comments about Electrasol Finish Gelpacs:

Since the phosphate ban, I've been wanting an effective dishwasher detergent. After changing brands several times, I decided that I'd just have to live with cloudy glasses. After two months of using Finish Gelpacs, my drinking glasses look clean again and my silverware is shiny.

I started using Finish Gelpacs because I'm chemically sensitive and react to the dust of the powders and the perfumes in the liquids when I pour them into the soap dispenser. I really like the Gelpacs because I can take a gelpac straight from the box, put it in the dispenser and not come in contact with any chemicals. Having cleaner dishes is an added bonus.

It really does work and no more spilled detergent.

The best thing to happen to a dishwasher since...the dishwasher.

Comments about Electrasol Finish Gelpacs:

The most wonderful thing to happen to a dishwasher since...the dishwasher. Yes, you could say that I like this product just a little bit. I love these little blue beauties. My dishes not only look clean but they feel and smell clean as well. I love that I do not have to mess with bottles and boxes with those lovely and I am being sarcastic here pour spouts that are so easy to use and designed for neatness as well. I have never been a fan of the pour spout from a box no matter what it is but it always happens that those hard little rocks that they call detergent end up all over. They are not good for your dogs or your young children. Now you have a safe, clean, and easy as well as cost effective method. I do not have to re-wash dishes any more or rinse them so this product is most likely saving me money and time that I don't have a way to figure in. I know what I like. I love clean, safe, saving money and time so that I can spend it with the ones I love. This product is an A++ in all of those areas and more.

Finish Gelpacs are great

from Bally, PA

Comments about Electrasol Finish Gelpacs:

Finish Gelpacs are great. They are very easy to use. When I first started using this product, i had my doubts but after doing load after load of dishes, it cut down on my time. I no longer had to pour the detergent debating on if i used too much or too little. I just threw a gelpac into my dishwasher and pressed start.

One thing I do like is that it's not wasteful. i like that everything dissolves and no mess to clean up.

Sometimes i do find little particles on the tops of my mugs that sit on the top rack of my dishwasher, but i have yet to figure out if that is from the detergent or leftover food.

Either way this is a good product. It is very easy to use and it is moderately priced that is equal to competitor products

Electrasol Finish Gelpacs Make Dishwashing a Breeze!

from Washington Court House, OH

Comments about Electrasol Finish Gelpacs:

Electrasol Finish Gelpacs are my absolute favorite dishwashing soap. They are easy to load in the dishwasher, they thuroughly clean the dishes, and they don't leave any residue behind. I love the fact that I don't have to take the time to open a packet or to measure out the amount of soap needed, and I love the fact that I don't have to actually touch the soap, since most of them say to avoid contact with your skin.

The Electrasol Finish Gelpacs make the kitchen smell nice and fresh, and they leave the dishes sparkling and squeaky clean.

The only negatives to the Electrasol Finish Gelpacs is that they seem to be expensive (at least compared to the generic brands that I would normally buy) and they sometimes stick together. I'm always afraid that I'll burst one of them while separating them, but it hasn't happened yet. They seem to be fairly durable.

One other good point about Electrasol soaps is that high value coupons are frequently offered, making this product very affordable!

Electrosol/Finish Gelpacs: Do their job, but not the best

from Cambridge, MA

Comments about Electrasol Finish Gelpacs:

I recently started using gel pacs in my dishwasher instead of powder or liquid detergent. Unfortunately, I have been a bit disappointed by these. I find a white residue on my glasses and teflon coated pans. I realize that this may have something to do with my less than brand new dishwasher, but I expected that this product would only make the diswasher better. Unfortunately, it seems that my old dishwasher works better with older technology detergent. I had never seen streaking or white residue on my dishes before, and have decided to go back to what I used to use. I decided to try these first beacuse they were so inexpensive compared to so many of the other gel pacs, and my boyfriend suggested we try them.

No more cloudy glasses

from Belleville, IL

Comments about Electrasol Finish Gelpacs:

I love this product! I first tried this product recently after coping with cloudy glasses. Although my previous detergent cleaned the dishes, I noticed that my glasses seemed to come out looking dull. I first heard that if your water heater isn't set up high enough, you're not getting a good rinse on your dishes, hence, the cloudiness. Then, I tried the eco-friendly products which contain no phosphates and thus, reduces your carbon footprint. The idea was great, but the product, not so much. I then took my glasses out and washed them in a white vinegar/suds/water, it helped, but not enough. I then learned that the glasses can get etched by the washing and not come out, so I decided that I would try the Finish Gelpacs as one last ditch effort before I pitched my glasses. Well, after the first washing, they were clear! I could not believe it. I am sold and happy to report that I didn't have to throw away one glass. Yay.

Amazing!

from Sherman Oaks, CA

Comments about Electrasol Finish Gelpacs:

We received a new dishwasher from our landlord after our old one leaked into the apartment below. With it came a sample of Finish Gelpacs to use on your first wash. I had bought some of those powerball tablets before with the old washer and they never cleaned as well as my old Cascade powder did.

I used it on my first load of dishes containing the standard dishes, both ceramic and plastic, pans (I did not pre-rinse these just to see how well it would be cleaned), utensils, and glasses and coffee cups. I didn't expect it to clean my dishes as well as the Cascade, even if it was a new washer so I was skeptical as I popped it into the small slot allotted for the detergent.

After the machine was done, I opened it up. Wow!! It really cleaned well. Even my dirty pans came out clean. The dishes and coffee cups came out, literally, squeaky clean. I could hear the squeak created by my fingers as I pulled it out of the washer. I also loved the scent left behind as I opened the dishwasher. It smelled so clean. I never got ***that ***from Cascade!!

I used the rest of the box of Cascade that I had left on subsequent dishes and they didn't come out as clean as the Finish did. When I ran out, I bought a new box of Finish gelpacs and I will never go back (unless I absolutely have to). They do not leave a residue, everything is spotless, pans are completely clean. I love it!! A word of warning. Try avoid handling more than one pack at a time when taking them out of the box. The gel wrapper, when moistened, will stick to other gelpacs and the gel will spill when pulled apart.