4.1
Electrasol

4.1

Pros

Cons

Takes Care of Everything!

IntroIt's been a few years since I had a dishwasher. We had one while growing up, then I had one off and on in the apartment and houses I've lived in on my own or with my husband.  The last several years I haven't had the use of one, after the one I was using started leaking throughout the floor. Rather than replace the cabinet that was ruined and leave a bunch of others ones that needed replacing as well, we decided just to wait a little while until we could afford it. That little while turned into a long while, as it usually does in these instances. Now with my first dishwasher years, I was having a problem with my very hard water, coupled with the low water pressure.Discovering the ProductI tired a variety of different rinse aids and detergents to work with my horrible water conditions, but what I have found that works the best is Electrasol 3 in 1 Tablets. Let me just add in here that they've made a lot of advances in the world of cleaning dishes in a machine since the last time I used a dishwasher. Now they come in pre-measured doses. I never thought I would use those, as I figured they probably aren't as good as they're marketed, and probably more expensive than pouring the stuff in the dishwasher myself. Yet, here I was trying it, as desperate times called for desperate measures. Using the ProductIt can't be much easier to try the Electrasol 3 in 1 Tablets. There are three different cleaners pressed into one small pack, which is wrapped in a small piece of plastic. The cleaners have a pre-soaking agent to work on tough stains, detergent to do the main job, and Jet-Dry to clean that glasses without spotting. It worked great. My glasses and other items didn't have spots on them and everything else was sparkling clean.When It Doesn't WorkThe only time it doesn't work is when my system fails it. My water softener is on a cycle of every few days. On those days it's waiting to recycle it does a pretty poor job of cleaning the dishes. I end up fixing them by hand or leaving them in for another cycle in the dishwasher. I've also found that using the tabs that are already falling apart in the package don't work that well either. They seem to need to go through the correct process to work right.If I can get Electrasol 3 in 1 Tablets to work most of the time for me under bad water conditions, I figure someone without these problems will have the best luck.

Doesn't always dissolve!

I thought these Electrasol 3-in-1 tablets would be easier both to use and store. They are, but they don't always completely dissolve and leave a lump of soap on the bottom of my dishwasher or a dish, if it happens to catch on one as it falls out ot the holder. They don't seem to get my dishes as clean, either. We have really hard water from our own well, so maybe that has some affect, but I think my money is better spent on the cascade gel!

from Crystal Lake, IL

Comments about Electrasol 3 in 1 Tablets:

Electrasol Powerball Tabls 3 in 1 tabs go into your dishwasing machine. They come individually wrapped in a box of 20. To use you simply remove one from its personal packaging you then just place it ball side up in the soap dispenser part of your dishwasher, and wash dishes as usual. The Electrasol tabs are about 2 inches long by one in wide, and about ¾ of an inch in height. It looks like sort of a rounded edge rectangle of compacted dish washing detergent powder. In the center of the little compacted rectangle is a little pink ball that is embedded inside of the compacted powder. What looks like compacted powdered dishwashing detergent is actually 2 levels. One of the layers the blue layer is a powerful cleanser, the other layer is a Jet-Dry rinse agent. The agent helps rinse away residue, and eliminates spots and allows shine to come through. The little pink ball is called the power ball. The powerball helps to soften food residue so that it comes off of the dishes more easily. It helps to dissolve he dried on food. The Electrasol power tab is nice and easy to use. You not have measure anything, you don’t have to worry about spilling it or over filling the cup. You just simply place it in the detergent cup close it up and let it do its thing. One advantage it has over the Cascade 2 in 1 is that you don’t have to worry about puncturing it, or about that it will be ruined if you accidently get it wet. When it is in the dishwasher the tab completely resolves and is all gone when you are finished so there are no worries. There is of course a warning on the box that this should not be eaten, if it does get eaten the mouth should be washed out, and a glass of water should be drunk, and a physician or poison control should be called. If you happen to get some of this in your eye remove contact lenses and rinse the eye continuing for 15 minutes.

As far as how they work, they work better than regular powders, the definitely work better than liquid dishwashing detergent, and the equally as effective as the Cascade 2 – 1. I have had a couple of pads that did not completely dissolve for some reason and that load failed to get completely clean, but I have also had that happen to me with the Cascade 2 – 1, but for the most part and for the majority of the time these work really well. Seldom is there left over food when I use this, although sometimes there is but I have never found anything that is perfect when it comes to my dishwasher so I would say it is about 92% effective. While I would say a normal powder would only be about 80% effective and for a liquid dishwashing detergent I would go even lower on the effective percentage. My main complaint is petty, they are individually wrapped which is a good thing as they won't get all wet if water happens to get on what ever you decide to keep them in, but the wrapping is kind of hard to get off. We eat dinner pretty late and I am usually tired. I just want to get the dishes put in the dishwasher and get it going, I don't want to have take 2 mintues to pull the wrapping off or find a pair of scissors to cut it off. Like I said it is a minor complaint.

I do like how these tabes work. I think they are nicely priced. They don't clean perfectly but I have yet to find anything that does, but it cleans pretty good.

Electrasol tablets do not work well with hard water

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Electrasol 3 in 1 Tablets:

I am always looking for a bargain and am willing to try almost any product if the price is right.  When it comes to dishwasher detergent I have used a lot of brands and most of them are ok with fairly decent results but some just do not work well for us.

I purchased the Elecrasol 3 in 1 tablets when they were on a good sale and decided to try them.  I usually use a gel or powder diswasher detergent but these seem convenient and worth a try.  I ran the first load with dishes with a little bit of mess on them just as a simple test to see how it would work on the light load.  I wasn't impressed.  The bowls still had cereal on them when the cycle was done.  There were water spots on most of the dishes.  After a little looking around I found almost three quarters of the tablet in the bottom of the dishwasher.  We have well water and it is a bit on the hard side so I think that may be the issue.  This seems like a good product and very convenient but will not necessarily work with your water type.

Leaves a film on dishes

from Ocala, FL

Comments about Electrasol 3 in 1 Tablets:

I tried the Electrasol gel packs because I like to try new products and I had a coupon.  They seemed like a great idea and very convenient.

They were really bad.

Some dishes and glasses did not come clean (please keep in mind that I rinse most food off of each item before putting it in the dishwasher) and there was a film on everything after the dishwasher.

Since then, I've used Cascade gel packs in my dishwasher on the same cycle without any problems.  Previously I used Cascade powder, also without any problems on the same cycle.

My recommendation is not to buy the Electrasol brand of gel packs.

Electrasol 3 in 1 always a favorite

from Maylene, AL

Comments about Electrasol 3 in 1 Tablets:

I have tried several dishwasher detergents and rate Electrasol at the top. The 3 in 1 really does the trick. I hate washing dishes, so I simply scrape off the remaining food and load the dishwasher. Electrasol does the rest. Love their coupons and deals as well!

3-in-1 tablets okay, but their gel tabs are better!

from Thomaston, GA

Comments about Electrasol 3 in 1 Tablets:

I recently purchased both Electrasol (now Finish) products....gel packs and 3-in-1 tablets. Normally I purchae the tablets, and honestly I thought I picked up two boxes of "my usual." At first I was disappointed to find that I "goofed" by picking up one tablet box and one gelpack box. What a pleasant "goof" it turned out to be. As I stated, I have been a loyal user of their 3-in-1 tablets, but have found that with my new dishwasher, they don't perform as well. The tablets don't always seem to break down the food residue left on my dishes, and we've been having to rewash things by hand. When I tried the gelpacks, I have had different results...and better ones at that. I have found that I am not having as many residue issues. And it's not just I who has noticed a difference. The kids (who unload the dishwasher) and my husband all commented that they noticed the gelpacks do much better. But since this is a review on the 3-in-1 tablets, I will conclude that I will use if I have a good coupon, but when given a choice, the gelpacks are superior!

Electrasol 3 in 1 Tablets work great!

from Lancaster, PA

Comments about Electrasol 3 in 1 Tablets:

These dishwasher tablets really do everything they promise. My family of five really gives our dishwasher a workout and these little wonders clean them up with no problem at all. Our dishes come out clean, sparkling, and fresh. I would highly recommend these tablets to anyone. That said though I do find the price a bit high. I don't buy these on a regular basis but instead stock up when I can pair a coupon with a store sale. So, while I couldn't be happier with the performance if I have to pay full price I'll opt for a slightly less superior but more cost effective option. Were these the same price though I'd definitely be buying them. You can't beat them for ease of use... just pop in the tablet and you are done! I also love that the package takes up less valuable real estate on my cleaner shelf than the normal bottle of detergent does. If you have a coupon I'd definitely recommend buying them!

Easy to use

from Matthews, NC

Comments about Electrasol 3 in 1 Tablets:

I love these tabs because they are so easy to use.  My toddler always wants to add them to the dishwasher.  It is one of their duties around the house.  You just grab one and drop it in the soap dispenser.  There is no measuring and no mess.   It has a built in rinse agent in it so you don't have to mess with the liquid stuff.  My dishes come out clean and spotless everytime.    I have used liquid dishwashing soap in the past and I never know if I am using too much.  Short of having to measure it which is a pain.  I would just fill the dispenser so I was probably adding too much.  The powder dishwashing soap is a total nightmare.  The stuff spills everywhere when you go to add it to the soap dispenser and again you would have to measure it to make sure you are not using too mucah and wasting the product.   With these tabs you have the confidence to know you are using exactly the right amount of product everytime.

Electrasol 3 in 1 Tablets are awesome

from Wichita Falls, TX

Comments about Electrasol 3 in 1 Tablets:

**Electrasol 3 in 1 Tablets are wonderful!  I cannot stand to pre wash my dishes.  Sometimes I don't run the dishwasher each day, so sometimes there is caked on and dried food on the dishes.  This product really gets them clean anyway.  In order to save money, I have tried many different dishwasher detergents, from name brands, to store brands.  None I have tested have done as well as **Electrasol 3 in 1 Tablets.  I give them a little boost by squirting a bit of liquid dishsoap in the dishwasher before starting it, but even without doing this; the electrasol three in one got the vast majority of dishes clean.  I am very serious about trying to save money, but sometimes find that in order to get a truly superior product, I have to pay a little more.  This product is included in that category.  It is a little more expensive, but more than makes up for it by the time it saves me!  Try it, you won't regret it!****

Electrasol 3 in1 tablets are so easy!

from Gresham, OR

Comments about Electrasol 3 in 1 Tablets:

Electrasol 3 in One Tablets make the tedious task of dishwashing just a little bit easier. One of the things I really hate about washing dishes in the dishwasher is pouring the detergent into the hole in the door.  It spills often and causes a real mess.  Well, this product eliminates this pesky problem.  The detergent itself works very, very well.  I have found that the dishes and silverware turn out so clean.  Scraping dishes off is much less of a need with this product.  The packages are really easy to store and don't take up very much room.  I had 4 boxes under my sink and they fit easily into the cupboard.  I have not had any problem with the tablets coming crushed.  I do not love the fact that they come individually wrapped....it just seems unnecessary and wasteful.  These are not the least expensive products but they do often have coupons available.  Lots of stores carry this brand, finding it isn't hard.

Amazing product -- does the job EVERY time!

from Epworth, IA

Comments about Electrasol 3 in 1 Tablets:

**I’m a busy mom and loading and unloading the dishwasher used to be a much bigger chore before I discovered this product!  I was always concerned with making sure that I rinsed the dishes adequately so that large chunks of food didn’t remain behind, and after the wash cycle was complete there was always one or two dishes that had not been fully cleaned.  For YEARS I was convinced that I just had a bad dishwasher, but when we moved into a new house (with a new dishwasher) and the problem continued, I decided that I needed to start experimenting with different dishwashing detergents.  Viola!  These 3 in 1 tablets did the trick the first time, and have been effective every single time since!  They clean the dishes better than anything else I’ve ever tried and they leave all of our glasses streak and spot free!  I no longer need to check the individual dishes as I remove them from the washer, because this product has been 100% fail proof!  I will mention that there was one occasion where the tablets came sticking together in the packaging.  I contacted the company and they promptly sent me coupons good for the replacement value of the box, plus a couple extra to make up for the inconvenience!  Overall, I couldn’t be a more satisfied consumer! **