2.1

Ekornes Stressless Chair

2.1

• Personal (3)

Stressless-fits bodies natural posture

It appears to me that I may be the only person who has reviewed this type of chair. First of all, I would like to inform you that I have a bad back(scoliosis and osteoarthritis), and as of recently, was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. When sitting, I need good support, and I did not have a chair at home that was comfortable. I hurt alot. Sooo......One day a month ago, my husband(who is so caring) said to me "Why don't we go to some Furniture stores and look around).

What we found has to be the most comfortable chair on the planet of the earth! We both had heard of these chairs, but never put much thought into it. Here is what we have since found out:

* Made in Norway

* Ergonomically designed, reclining chair

* Automatically provides correct support for your head and lumbar area in all positions.

*Glide system: follows your bodies movements to provide perfect support and comfort

* Ajustable headrest and 360 degree swivel.

*Ottoman: moves with your legs for adjustable comfort

I think you get the point.     I LOVE IT!

Ekornes Stressless recliner - Save your money, do not purchase

We recently bought two of the recliners. We are so dissapointed with them. The purchased the highest quality of leather they offer. In just three months time, the leather started bunching up/streching in the upper back area and the seat area also. I have migraines and the chair really hurts my neck increasing the migraines. My husband is disabled with spinal damage so with both of our health issues, we were willing to pay the price for a quality chair. We noticed the problem within three months of delivery. We have spent a lot of time talking with the retailer and Ekornes Stressless rep . The retailer finally called and said the rep would be in the store and we could bring one in. We lived out of town from the store we bought them from but we took the chair in. The rep took pictures (we had already emailed pictures to the company). He was suppose to call us in two weeks. Is has been about two months now and guess what, no call. We called the retailer again and told them we still have not heard back. This company has the worst customer service! We expected so much more from them. Buyers beware, that is all I can say....

Horrible warranty and the quality has gone way down.

from Daytona Beach, FL

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable

Cons

• Breaks

Comments about Ekornes Stressless Chair:

We owned two recliners for 20 years and they were great chairs. When they finally started to give up on the support end of things, we bought two new recliners for over $3,000. Now, eight years later, they are falling apart. The springs have broken in the seat of one chair and the headrests are making popping sounds every time you recline. Called for warranty and got the runaround. They finally agreed to come and look at them and "waived" the $75 charge. Now they say "if" they get the parts from Ekornes they will install them for a fee and yet, undetermined. When asked if they could just supply the parts the answer was "NO" there must be a labor charge involved. I did not pay this much for a chair to be told that it is going to cost me some more when it fails. The warranty clearly cover all the parts that need replacing and I feel the labor should be included or the the parts should be supplied for consumer assembly. I have been in contact with Kalin Home Furnishings and with Ekornes in New Jersey as well as the original selling store which was LaDiff in Richmond VA and the answers are all vague and not very supportive. There is no fixing the seat as the foam is formed around the springs so it will be a new seat cushion which could be easily installed. The backs have the same issues and would not be hard to install. My advice is to not purchase these products as they are no longer the high quality they once were and are not warrantied at a level one would expect for the price.

Causes pelvic pain

from Ontario, Canada

About Me Midrange Shopper

Comments about Ekornes Stressless Chair:

I purchased my Ekornes Stressless Chair at the recommendation of a colleague for my office. I do psychotherapy and sit most hours of the day, and I had heard good things about these chairs. I was wrong. Within 6 months of purchasing my chair, I started to get horrible pelvic pain and after ruling out medical causes, discovered that the chair is responsible because of the horrible posture it puts me in, even when I shift positions. There is no lumbar support and the seat is on an incline, so my body in in a slightly curved position, meaning I am constantly pulling my pelvic floor muscles out of alignment. If I switch seats and sit upright and my spine and pelvis are supported, I am fine - but when I go back to my Ekornes chair, within the space of one client session I can feel my obturator internus muscle tighten and clamp up, which creates a host of gynecological and urinary discomfort and pain, not to mention the neuromuscular pain (pinching, burning, sore). I am thoroughly disappointed to have spent so much on this chair and be unable to use it. My clients get to, which is great, but it's an expensive gift to them. Save your money and get an exercise ball to sit on or one of those kneeling chairs if you spend many hours a day sitting.

• Business

Looks good very uncomfortable

from Boson ma

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Looks good in showroom

Cons

• Uncomfortable

• Showroom window

I am 6 3 and my wife is 5 4. Neither of us can get comfortable
    In the love seat. Oh the color choices from Stressless need to be translated
    To English, for example light grey = white or cream, rock = grey.bad.

25 years old

from LI, NY

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Durable
    • Solid Construction

• Informal

Comments about Ekornes Stressless Chair:

I've had this recliner roughly 25 years but, don't recall the model. I'm awaiting an estimate to have it reupholstered but, have been researching the newer models. From my in-store experience you MUST test these chairs for your own personal use/comfort. I prefer a firm, snug fit and only the Magic & Memphis seem to fit this criteria BUT, the Memphis has been discontinued. Their models are ALL different and CANNOT be judged except by planting your keister in them. I wouldn't trust ANY return policy by any seller. They aren't cheap so, make sure you get the right one for you

Stressless Dream / Stressful Nightmare

Comments about Ekornes Stressless Chair:

Very disappointed with our stressless Dream recliners.
      Whilst the chairs are well made, look good and are made with superb leather,
      this is where it all goes wrong, the foam insides of our chairs lost its cushioning
      properties after about 18 months and became very uncomfortable to sit on for more than 15 - 20 minutes
      The structural foam which forms the frame of the chairs is good, but the soft foam on top of this just didn't last.
      You will need to replace the soft foam every few years at considerable cost.
      Very Very Very disappointed.

Looks good BUT not fit for purpose.

Comments about Ekornes Stressless Chair:

I have just bought a stressless office chair to replace a chair that had become worn and uncomfortable. The problem is the stressless office chair is totally uncomfortable and unless you have a hunched back it give no support. The claims made by the company are totally untrue in that I couldn't spend more than a half hour in it let alone all day. Overall it is an extremely overprice chair that should be nowhere near an office. My advice is don't buy one.

What not to do with a Stressless chair.

Comments about Ekornes Stressless Chair:

We purchased a Stressless chair costing £1300 3 years ago and the leather is peeling on the back of the chair and on the arm. 2 different technicians have been out to my home to inspect the chair and both say there is nothing wrong with the leather. The peeling could be due to sweat, hair products even medication that's been taken or a lot of other things that can affect it. We bought a leather suite a year before this chair and both have only ever been cleaned with the leather cleaners supplied with my suite - my suite is not peeling! I would expect more wear from an expensive chair and I don't think 3 years is anywhere near long enough. If so many things can cause the leather on Stressless chairs to peel surely there should be a warning of some sort on the chair that advises against sweating, hair products, any medications or anything else - maybe you should only look at the chair and not use in case you cause damage to it!!!!!

Stressless recliner - Save your money - DO NOT PURCHASE !

Comments about Ekornes Stressless Chair:

We bought a pair of Stressless Atlantic Chairs and Stools in July 2012. In January 2013, only 6 month later, the colour on one of the chairs had peeled off along the seam where one sits due to lack of adhesion. They came and replaced that seat, but 12 month later we had the same problem again. This time they said it was fair wear and tear. Altough they would not specify a specific reason for this to happen again, several possible causes were mentioned. The most ridiculous of them was, that the person using the chair, was getting up and down too often !! Another suggestion was, that as our washing machine was quite old, it would not remove all washing powder, transferring it on to the leather, thus causing the problem. Having spent nearly £900 for each chair we expected better quality and service. I would not recommend Stressless to anybody.

Ekornes Royal Recliner

Comments about Ekornes Stressless Chair:

Bought the Ekornes Royal Recliner in 2012. There's no neck support, lumbar support is ok. The marketing manager had the cheek to be angry and rude when I complained, that it's my physical built causing her chair not to suit me!! Told me to adjust seating to make the Royal fit my body!!

Despite eedback and eventual switch, poor neck support persisted. Marketing staff insisted there is support despite gap between neck and support. Prior to switch, the only unit with decent neck support reserved for me wasn't the one delivered despite the staff giving me the serial number. Switched unit wasn't unit I tried; there is no neck support again. I simply gave up with very bad impression of Ekornes, especially marketing staff. How the marketing manager got her job with her foul mouth, temper and attitude? Ekornes please engage the ethical and polite marketing people to redeem your name.

watch out! they do NOT honor the 10-year warranty;

Comments about Ekornes Stressless Chair:

Bought the stressless recliner 6 years ago; it was great until an internal metal part broke. After 5 e-mails & 3 months, and contacting the local factory rep (who is trying to help), nothing from the Company. The latest news I got was they were on their annual 30-day vacation in Norway - that was 45 days ago. All I need is a new seat bottom - what's so difficult? If you buy one, it's yours, just like a used car.