Other Frozen Foods:
Ice Cream
Edy's
Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream

Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream

My seriously creamy, delicious guilty pleasure

***Bottom-Line***: I am sold on **Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream, **so much so that I will not purchase any other brand.

I like...Read complete review

I like ice cream!  And to my palate seasons as it has been be world travel, the best ice cream is to be had in the United States.  And one of the best store bought ice creams on the market is Edy's manufactured by Nestle.  Yes, I know Nestle is a Swiss company, but the ice cream is manufactured here.

When I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes I thought my ice cream eating days were over.  Needless to say I was profoundly sad, but then along came **Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream** in a number of varieties and my world brighten considerably.

**Edy's Slow Churned **is a light ice cream that is just as rich & creamy as regular, or *Edy's Grand ice cream*.  With **Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream**, you get 1/2 the fat, and 1/3 fewer calories, but all of the rich, robust, creamy taste I have come to expect from the Edy's brand.

**My Viewpoint**

I am sold on **Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream, **so much so that I will not purchase any other brand.  It is a compromise that really isn't because there is no difference in the taste, texture, or flavor.

Edy's offers **Slow Churned** in a variety of tempting flavors for those who prefer something a little more adventurous than plain Jane vanilla, there is: *Hollywood Cheesecake, Chocolate Fudge Chunk, Almond Praline, Raspberry Chip Royale, Double Fudge Brownie, Cherry Chocolate chip, Caramel Delight, French Silk, Orange & Cream, or Peanut Butter Cup*, just to name a few.

**Nutritional Information:**

One serving (1/2 Cup) of **Edy's Slow Churn Chocolate Chip** (one of my favorites)  contains 120 Calories, 4.5 grams of fat (including 3.0 grams of saturated fat), 20mg of Cholesterol, 50mg of Sodium, 17 grams of carbohydrates, 0 grams of dietary fiber, 13 grams of sugar, 3 grams of protein.

**INGREDIENTS**:

Milk, skim milk, cream, sugar, corn syrup, chocolaty chips (sugar, coconut oil, cocoa processed with alkali, partially hydrogenated coconut oil, cocoa, salt, soy lecithin, natural flavor), whey protein, egg yolks, tapioca maltodextrin, cellulose gum, mono and diglycerides, natural flavor, guar gum, carrageenan, dextrose, vitamin A palmitate, annatto color

Tacky move for a tasty product

Whether you're east (Edy's) or west (Dreyer's) of the Rockies, this Slow Churned Light Ice Cream has less fat and more taste than most comparable treats.    But talk about tacky!  Now that inflation has us in its grip , Nestle has decided to *deflate* its package from a freezer-friendly, one-and-3/4 quart container to a stubby little one-and-1/2 quart one.   And charge us *more.*     This is just the latest in the raise-the-price-and-make-it-smaller mindset that plagued the (for example) Hershey bar concession in the 1970s recession.   It is a consumer-beware trend that catches those of us who like the product in a real bind.  How much do we *really* like the product? I know I'd prefer a price hike on the original size to the notion that Nestle takes its consumers for schnooks.     Ah, well...  I'll remind myself of the corn syrup and coconut oil among its ingredients and, barring a coupon and a sale, I'll take a pass.

LOVE Edy's Slow Churned!

Comments about Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream:

When I want ice cream, I want it as soft and rich and creamy as I can get it, and it helps being light and thus better for me. Edy's comes through on all of the above, especially the Slow Churned, and it has all of the flavors I love just like the original. Cookie Dough, Brownie, Cookies and Cream, Chocolate Chip...you can't go wrong with Edy's Slow Churned! It really IS as rich and creamy as it claims, and it's almost always on sale! Give it a try!

Comments about Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream:

I love Edy's slow churned ice cream. It has less fat and less calories, but tastes like regular ice cream. There are also a variety of flavors. I live the vanilla, vanilla bean and coffee flavors. The price is not bad for a premium ice cream as compared to Haagen Dasz and Ben and Jerry's. When I have a major sweet tooth and am not worried about gaining weight, I get an ice cream sundae from an ice cream shop. If I'm more concerned about counting calories, but would still like a nice treat, I buy Edy's slow churned vanilla or vanilla bean, add Hershey's syrup and break up some Heath bar to put on top. It's delicious, and not nearly as high in calories as what you would get from an ice cream parlor. If you crave ice cream, but are watching your waistline Edy's slow churned ice cream is a good bet for you. It doesn't taste like it is better for you than regular ice cream. If you are not worried about the extra sugar, fat or calories then treat yourself to an ice cream shop.

I love Edy's!

Comments about Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream:

I love Edy's! Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream is an even better option because it has less fat and calories! Ice cream is one of my favorite desserts and I love that Edy has low fat options. The Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream has awesome flavor choices and great taste. The only difference is the texture is a little more icy. I don't mind the texture, but it's definitely not 100% like regular ice cream. It's still a great option!

Delicious and creamy

Comments about Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream:

This is the best vanilla ice cream there is. Edy's is awesome for just about everything! You can add hot fudge and mix-ins, but it truly is delicious by itself. It also does not have too many calories per serving, so it is a great low calorie snack. It's not overly expensive and it is just so creamy and delicious.

Vanilla at its best!

from New Jersey

Comments about Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream:

Love this ice cream! Yes, I really do believe this is great vanilla ice cream! With the holidays just ahead I definitely keep vanilla flavored ice cream on hand as it goes well with any dessert you are serving. the great thing about vanilla is also you can dress it up with adding a little hot fudge, chopped nuts, M&M's for the kids or young at heart plus so much more. It also goes extremely well with apple pie - hot apple pie! Wow! This really sounds good right now. How about using those extra apples from apple season and making a chunky hot apple topping with a little vanilla ice cream. Vanilla is definitely a must have. I also like it to soften it a bit and make a vanilla shake too. You can really get as creative as you want or how about just serving a little vanilla ice cream just by itself. Edy's has so many flavors to choose from but their slow churned vanilla really tastes like you just made it yourself.

Doesn't taste light

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream:

I decided to try this ice cream because once in a while, I like to be good and eat right. I honestly didn't really know what to expect. Sometimes when the label says light it's also light on taste. Edy's wasn't like that. It is really smooth and cream with no sugar free aftertaste. The texture and taste rose above any expectations I had prior to purchase, definetly worth the price.

Not that good.

Comments about Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream:

This ice cream tastes rather bland for being a slow churned, name brand ice cream. It was definitely too expensive for the taste and quality. I would not buy this ice cream again, as it tastes very poor in comparison to some other brands. The container itself was rather flimsy and didn't prevent ice burn well.

Light Vanilla Ice Cream by Edy's Ice Cream.

Comments about Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream:

Edy's slow churned light ice cream is really tasty. I love how rich and creamy it is for a light ice cream. I really like the flavor of Edy's vanilla. It doesn't have a fake vanilla taste that some brands do, Unfortunately, I almost never buy Edy's unless it is really on sale, because their round container is such a huge pain to scoop out of.

CREAMY!

Comments about Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream:

My parents purchase this a lot for the get-together's they host. I always end up having a bowl. It's creamy and has that old-fashioned Vanilla taste, which I absolutely love. It goes great with a nice warm strawberry or peach cobbler. Or even a nice banana pudding. It's a treat!

Tastes Great!

Comments about Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream:

This ice cream is very good and can be used in a variety of different food related recipes. I enjoyed it very much and the first time i tried it it surprised me. I thought that it would be just your average "run of the mill" ice cream, but to my surprise, it was delicious.