Other General Household Cleaners:
Ecover
Ecover Stain Remover 6.8 Oz

Ecover Stain Remover 6.8 Oz

The Eco Friendly All Out Stain Remover

I have to say that I was thrilled to see that the Ecover Stain Remover worked as well as if not better than other name brand stain removers that I have used in the past.I love how effective it was at removing tough grass stains on my jeans from mowing the lawn.It took them completely away,like magic..I used it on grease splatters from bacon grease on one of my favorite t-shirts and just by working the product in with the convenient built in brush and wiping away the product,the grease was gone.There was no long wait to remove the stains,they were gone within a couple of minutes.I love the fact that Ecover Stain Remover is plant and mineral based and that alone says a lot about the product.The Ecover Stain Remover is very easy to use on stains and it is earth friendly.I love it.

This product works great on stains that are fresh.I don't know how well it will work on stains that are set in,I still have yet to find out how it works on older stains.

The scent of this product is pleasant and it isn't too strong.

Ecover Natural Stain Remover

I was sent Ecover Stain Remover to try and review. Believe it or not, I don't have a ton of stain-removing episodes at my house, even with a 15 month old running around. However, my neice had a run-in with a pen and her clothes, so it was perfect timing! We applied the Ecover to the fresh stain following the instructions on the bottle, and washed the garment as suggested by the clothing manufacturer. The Ecover Stain Remover did not remove the ink at all. To be fair, ink is not one of the items listed on the bottle, but I didn't have any clothing with grass, blood or oil stains on it. I think that it is unfair to judge this stain remover by the lack of removal from this one stain.

The bottle itself is easy to hold, has a built in brush to scrub the liquid onto the stains and the liquid itself is almost a gel-like substance and is really easy to work with. Because it is a plant-based stain remover, it didn't have any trace of a detergent smell to it, more of your typical "all-natural" cleaner. Before receiving this sample, I had never seen or heard of the Ecover brand, so I'm not sure if it's available at many stores or on-line only, which could make it tricky for some to try it. I will continue to try this stain remover because I like that it is a natural product. I look forward to using it in the future and I feel fortunate to have been introduced to this product. I would reccommend this product to anyone looking for a "green" stain remover.

The Eco Friendly All Out Stain Remover

from Bay City, MI

Comments about Ecover Stain Remover 6.8 Oz:

The scent of this product is pleasant and it isn't too strong.

This smells great!!

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Ecover Stain Remover 6.8 Oz:

I used this on an nice pair of khakis that my husband wiped motor oil on. This stain was really old and nothing has really worked to get it out. With one use of Ecover about 85% of the stain is gone. I had to use a lot of it. Which I didn't like. But I got the product as a free sample so I can't complain. But I would most definitley buy it again.

Ecover stain remover is natural and effective

from Somerville, MA

Comments about Ecover Stain Remover 6.8 Oz:

I'm trying to use more-natural cleaning products. It's tough when I'm on a budget and the brand with bleach is the one that's on sale, but I really want to be eco-friendly.

I always worry that natural products won't be as effective at cleaning-- there must be some reason to make the eco-UNfriendly ones, right? So you'd think. Ecover works really well to remove stains. It seems to work well on any surface. I use it to clean and remove stains around my desk and work area...where I tend to eat lunch on busy days. I.e., every day. My desk has never looked cleaner since I've started using it. I just pour a few droplets on a cleaning cloth and swipe it over the surface. Works like a charm. And the natural, lemony fresh scent is nice too. I hate the chemical smell of your average household cleaner or stain remover.

I would buy Ecover again, although it seems to be hard to find. It is worth looking for, and hopefully it will become more available in future.

Ecover Stain Remover is a high quality stain remover.

from Westminster, CO

Comments about Ecover Stain Remover 6.8 Oz:

I liked using this, the smell was light and fresh, not like chemicals.  It did the job well on new/wet stains, but not so much on set in or old stains.  (Resolve spray has worked on those).  I still liked using it, I like that its a green product.  I havent seen it yet in my store so I cant say if its affordable or not, but its a high quality stain remover, and the cap being reclyable as well is cool and pretty rare also.  Overall, I like the smell and lightness of it, but still being an effective cleaner.  Thanks for the oppurtunity to try it.

Hard to remove stain try ECOVER

from Cambridge, MA

Comments about Ecover Stain Remover 6.8 Oz:

My teen son is not good at keeping clothes clean. I tried my sample of ECOVER and boy was I amazed. It even got out older stains that have been there for awhile! I now use it on all stain and threw out the multiple bottles of stain removers that I had as they do not work anywhere near as well as ECOVER.

decent

from Grand Haven, MI

Comments about Ecover Stain Remover 6.8 Oz:

I recieved the sample of ECover stain remover. So far I have only used it a few times. I did use in on grass stains on the knees of my childrens jeans. It did a really good job of fading the stains. They are not completly gone, but lightened considerably. I was pleased with that, I also used it on a pair of my daughters light colored pants. She had some kind of food stain on them. It did not do much with that stain. It is barely lightened. I do plan on continuing to use the product. I like the little brush that is attached to the bottle to help rub the liquid into the stain. Maybe as i use it more, I will find what stains it works best with!

Ecover Natural Stain Remover

from New Bedford, MA

Comments about Ecover Stain Remover 6.8 Oz:

Great product to remove stains on baby clothes

from Henrico, VA

Comments about Ecover Stain Remover 6.8 Oz:

The ECOVER stain remover worked like a charm when it came to taking food stains out of  my 16 month old daughter's clothes. I usually use other stain removers (shout) and it gets most of the color out, but it still left a light stain. I'm super happy  that I finally found a new, eco friendly product that actually works! I would recommend this product to anyone!

Ecover Stain Remover, responsible option

from Saint Augustine, FL

Comments about Ecover Stain Remover 6.8 Oz:

I was not aware of Ecover Stain Remover before I had an opportunity to test it for free. I like the packaging of this stain remover - the bottle with the brush attached to it. This is really useful for rubbing the stain remover in the stain. I think the stain remover helpen us to get some dirt and dfood stains out better. I like the fact that there is a eco friendly stain remover available, what lets us to be responsible for the planet, but still get out the tough stains

Worth buying

from Bloomington, IN

Comments about Ecover Stain Remover 6.8 Oz:

So it smells pretty darn good for being an all-natural product--a really fresh, pleasant smell. It's pretty good at getting most stains out, even blood, but didn't seem to work on a coffee stain that had been sitting for a day...overall it's probably the best natural stain-remover I've used, but not better than some chemical-laden products. I would reccomend it.